DiecastXchange Forum banner

Le Mans Racers - DX Photo Links

17K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Münchener 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
As there are many Le Mans diecast racers that have been made in various scales over the years, how about making a "catalog" of Le Mans diecast photos in the various scales?

Perhaps this thread can serve as a "hub" or look-up list that links to the threads. I will maintain and build the links as people start up threads. I will add to the listing of years on an on-going basis and arrange them in ascending order.
  • NOTE:
    - Photos of duplicate diecasts are perfectly fine
    - LM Cars that did not qualify (DNQ) for which there was a diecast made is acceptable
    - If you're able to provide some info with your post relating to the drivers and placement in the race outcome, all the better. Here is a good weblink for historical Le Mans info
Year

See less See more
#4 ·
As the 24 Hour Le Mans endurance race has been seen as the pinnacle of the racing world for many decades, I have pinned this topic up in this Motorsports sub-forum. There have been many fantastic diecast made of these racers in 1:18. And without a doubt, there are even more that exist in 1:43 scale. So for all you folks who have an interest in Le Mans racers (and American Le Mans Series cars), take a look at the links in here and you see some fantastic cars that pursued the dream of winning in their class at the fabled Le Mans.

If you want to create a thread for a new year that's not shown, please let me know and I'll create one using the same format as the others.

:rockon

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hi Pavel! Custom models are perfectly acceptable (and even MORE welcome I would say!) I will add years as requests come up. Just post what year you want and I'll create a template for them. People can then add their cars to those threads on their own.

Since you asked about 1993 and 1994, I have created two new threads for you. :wink

:cheers :cheers :cheers

#19 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Mike (& Darrick too - from previous post). I thought it'd be a cool idea. Photography is one of those weird skills. It takes a long time to get started up learning the basics. When I look back to my diecast photos from 1.5 ago, I realized they looked pretty ghastly! Good thing I had no idea how bad I was otherwise I might have given up out of frustration. :giggle If you ever have any photos you want me to do any image editing on, feel free to shoot them over. I'm more than glad to help you do color-correcting and stuff like that. :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.