DiecastXchange Forum banner

Jaguar C Type Autoart 1:18

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Odin 
#1 ·
Picked this up at a deceased estate auction, no box, but a good model. Picked it up in a lot of 4 cars, for a great price.

A shame it's a bit worn, and needs a clean, but a great model. Any ideas on what its worth?

See less See more
#6 ·
As you know, this is a lovely little model Odin - I have the earlier release gold and BRG versions, and would like to have grabbed one of these upgraded versions to display with them, when there was a glut of them about 3 years ago and CK were selling them for about £35 ($50 at that time) but I never got round to it

...so I don't think they're going to be worth a great deal - and of course this model is known for its 'paint rash' (NB NOT ZINC PEST) which I'm sure you'll be able to live with, in the knowledge that a good polish should get rid..

#7 ·
Having quite a few Jaguar's in my collection, the Autoart C type is one of my favourites. I also recently picked up a 2nd hand version of the 1953 LeMans winner (#18). This was so that I could cannibalise parts off it to add to my existing standard BRG version in an attempt to create a replica of the 1951 LeMans winning C type (#20). For some reason Autoart didn't produce this in 1/18 scale, which is odd as it would have been very popular amongst collectors of LeMans winners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.