DiecastXchange Forum banner

Lamborghini Miura vs Miura vs Miura (Jota)

10K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  JC24 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Miura comparison between

- Lamborghini Miura SV in yellow / AutoArt
- Lamborghini Miura P400 SV in red / Kyosho
- Lamborghini Miura Jota in black / Kyosho

The Pictures

The Front

Details on the Front

Details on the Front hood

Inside

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
which do u think is the better car, in terms of just stance, correctness to 1:1?

From your amazing photos, it seems the Kyosho trumps the AUTOart in terms of details, by a lot too!

Whoops, forgot to mention this is between the AUTOart and Kyosho Miuras. The Jota I'm getting for sure, just which colour is debatable .....

#8 ·
Great comparison Michael! :cheers
I think exterior-wise AUTOart is a little bit closer to reality. Although its stance is a bit too high, it has the correct front bumper. Kyosho's bumper is too low (too "fat"). Also Kyosho's rear is a little too short in my opinion and its lower front lights look atrocious. I have to say though that the Kyosho, except the steering wheel, has the better detail.

G
#13 ·
I do like the Kyosho Colour combo of red/gold wheels, set a trend even before Subaru with there Impreza.

Not to sure which is best, but i did notice you need something to keep the Kyosho front body work up, in this case Michael, i see that you used some folded paper.

G
#16 ·
Great comparison. I just purchased the AUTOart Miura from Ebay, should be receiving it in a few days. I looked at a ton of pics of the 1:1 while trying to decide which to get. AUTOart's seems to be slightly more accurate, but has a little less detail. My decision was also based on the stance of the cars. Kyosho's stance has the wheels futher inside the body, while AUTOart's are further out (I found 1:1 pics that resembled both though, so this isn't really an inaccuracy, just a preference issue). I also think the AUTOart lights look a little better. Both great models though, it was a tough decision.
:cheers

#18 ·
The only thing that really lets me down on Kyosho's model are the lower front lights. Only for that I prefer the AUTOart above the Kyosho.
If I'm not mistaken though, Kyosho will bring out a P400 version too, the less-powered version which also has different lower front lights (1 "square" fog light and 1 round side indicator at each side). It also has the 'eyelashes' around the headlights, which I like :happy

So I think I would go for the Kyosho P400 and the AUTOart SV...
BTW, the Kyosho SV has really the better wheels of the 2 this time :danbana They're stunning!

#19 ·
:coolpics Love your comparison pics! I have both the AUTOart Miura and the Kyosha Jota and both are very good models. The AUTOart, in my opinion, has a better exterior (except the wheels), the paint is flawless and the panel fit is slighly better. However, in terms of detail, Kyosho is far superior! It also has side windows and a working suspension. My only complaint with the Kyosho Jota is the metal strut under the front hood which keeps it from fully opening and being able to appreciate the details there. But I'm not criticizing the AUTOart, as I said, both are exelent.

G
#21 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
We've been through this comparison in another thread.
The Kyo is way ahead in authenticity and realism !
I did a compa against pics of the 1:1 on the other thread.????
Just the fuel filler grill on the Kyo outdoes the AUTOart already. They also placed the two grills too far forward on the bonnet.
How many times must I say this ? KYO RULES !! Ok ???? :lol
:storm

#23 ·
Its always amazing to me the way 2 manufacturers can do the same model so well but still differ on some small details - the angle of the shifter, the shape of the taillights, the wheel design, the size of certain engine parts. Both look great!

I choose AUTOart because the Miura looks so good in yellow!

#24 ·
:goodjob
fantastic review Michael - and great pictures - i thoroughly enjoyed!! :eek:k
thank you :cheers :rock:

#26 ·
Nice review, but after reading it, I am still undecided between the 2. It is partly down to the color combination offered by both. I like the green, or red Kyosho ones, but I also like the white one from Autoart. In terms of the model itself the Autoart seems to have a better shape, the Kyosho has slightly chubby looking front bumper. The Kyosho is a lot more detailed. I would like to see more photos of both models from more angles, and perhaps more detail photos of the engines. Any suggestions people?

#28 ·
I would go with Kyosho, I had the white Autoart and sold it as soon as I bought a Kyosho. in my opinion Kyosho is in another level, and Autoart looses its value fast.

#30 ·
everyone has forgotten about he Anson model?

The Anson is sold as a SV when it is clearly a P400 S (even badged on the back as a SV)
I own the AutoArt Miura SV, but I must say the Kyosho is better on the fine details.
(also have the Jota SVR by Kyosho in red-LOVE it)

Grant

#32 ·
Sadly, the Kyosho SV has a major flaw in that the rear tires do not fill the wheelarches like they should.
Regarding the 1:1, the rear wheels on the original P400 Miura were inset within the arch, but the SV had much fatter rear tires that filled the arches, which were themselves slightly wider than on the original car. This not only improved performance but subtly enhanced the look of the car.
There are very few cosmetic changes between P400 and S Miuras and SV Miuras - chrome around the windows, no eyelashes around the front lights, different coloured rear lights - these were all replicated by Kyosho, but they neglected to replicate the major change - the rear wheels.
I couldnt tolerate this so I went for Kyoshos P400 Miura which is accurate in every way, and a beautifully made and finished model.

sorry to keep bringing this up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.