DiecastXchange Forum banner

Otto BMW M5, for the price I paid, I'm very disappointed HELP NEEDED

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  jackyjames 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys, just received my model today. Let me start with the good bits. Well the car is crafted brilliantly, wheels are spot on and the paint shines nicely. However I am truly disgusted at the quality of the parts. The rear bumper seems to be full of smudges and part of the right side door panel has all of it's black paint scratched off and the blue paint shows below (See attachment for reference)

I greatly need your help. I reckon those smudges will go away with a microfiber cloth and some water. What do you suggest covering the scratched door panel with? I was thinking maybe a black pen marker?

The door panel is marked in the attachment below by a white box

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmm, the part I'm referring to is side door panels which protect the door in case someone opens it on you, the black rubbery panels on a real car.

I just found out that the rear bumper also has paint bubbles. I mean, do they employ a bunch of bloody retards to make their models? Sorry for the language but this is just unacceptable

#4 ·
From your pic the overall finish looks gorgeous, and I would've thought that you would be able to touch up the black quite easily Dalton.

However with the various other defects like smudging and the bubbling paint I would be inclined to consider returning it if you are not happy ......

#5 ·
Actually, that's a real m5 mate, I just edited it to show you were the paint scratched off. I'll upload the pictures I took of my model. Just also found out the the front bonnet also has paint smudges, kind of like when you blow at wet paint with your mouth and streaks of the paint drip down.

G
#8 ·
You're not the first and you won't be the last. Otto has admitted the quality on their latest product wasn't up to standards (see below). The question remains should the model of been released if Otto was aware of these glaring issues reported by multiple parties? Should the buyer demand a refund?

We did have some quality problems on the M5, it would be lying to deny it.
We are now taking action to fix this problem.

After the Chinese new year holiday, many of our experts did not come back, as it happens often in China so we had to train new people.

Today, this new team is trained and i have confidence that upcoming models are going to reach the quality we had couple of month ago.

It is not easy to deal with these unpredictable events but i can promise that we are putting all our energy to come back to normal.

We are really sorry for those who received defect models but as you know, we will take our responsabilities and refund all the people who faced this problem

OttO

G
#10 · (Edited)
You're not the first and you won't be the last. Otto has admitted the quality on their latest product wasn't up to standards (see below). The question remains should the model of been released if Otto was aware of these glaring issues reported by multiple parties? Should the buyer demand a refund?

We did have some quality problems on the M5, it would be lying to deny it.
We are now taking action to fix this problem.

After the Chinese new year holiday, many of our experts did not come back, as it happens often in China so we had to train new people.

Today, this new team is trained and i have confidence that upcoming models are going to reach the quality we had couple of month ago.

It is not easy to deal with these unpredictable events but i can promise that we are putting all our energy to come back to normal.

We are really sorry for those who received defect models but as you know, we will take our responsabilities and refund all the people who faced this problem

OttO
just imagine the 12 pages of rants we would've had on here if you received that same answer from AUTOart !!!!!!!!!!!
I guess shit happens and no one is safe.
If you are not happy with the model, return it and get your money back. The way I see the black paint issue, it is really minor and it can be fixed with a $1.99 bottle of flat black paint at your local hobby shop, which by the way will be pretty much your lifetime supply for minor repairs like this.

#11 ·
I e-mailed modelissimo, I would try and touch up the side panels, but yesterday I found out that some the paint on the bonnet dripped in different directions before it dried and it looks smudged and bubbled now.

I know compared to other people I'm lucky to not have received it in 100 pieces, but when I pay over 100 euros for a model I expect it to be perfect

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.