DiecastXchange Forum banner

OTTO RS200 has arrived! BROKEN

13K views 62 replies 15 participants last post by  neon-rc 
#1 ·
okay so my pair of RS200's have arrived finally
first thing i noticed was how good this model looks! it is a real beauty for any classic ford enthusiast
#1472 has scratching on every window but i havnt noticed anything apart from that :(
#329 has glue on the bottom of the chassis, the rear screw falls out if you put the car on its wheels (tried screwing it back in and theres no thread for it to go into), it has a couple of spots of black paint on the spoiler, scratched windows, badly painted rear registration plate lights, decal peeling off the right hand side, scratched wheels, a bubble in the paint and, unfortunately, something was rattling around in the engine bay :( so here are what i think are the first pictures of a disassembled otto rs200 on the internet

See less See more
#4 ·
no, do you happen to have their phone number?
i wouldnt be so bothered if there was only a problem with 1 car, but both is very annoying, especially having bits rattling around and scratched wheels!

it isnt going to stop me buying from them however as they are great models when they arnt flawed

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I love the RS200 and I love the look of Otto models but that's what worries me about resins. As we speak I have a TSM Ferrari F50GT on its way to me that I've bought cheap as it has a missing badge off the front and a torn box. I'm really hoping it gets to me in one piece and that all I need to do is put a new badge on it. I'd be inclined to buy a few more resins if the front wheels steered a bit and they were all as reasonably priced as Otto. I'm really tempted by their Fiesta XR2!

Hope you get them sorted.

#11 ·
Haha, so you won that one Warepoint had! I went in on it, low balled it so I got outbid.

If they're packed up well they'll be ok. The need cushioning in the parcel for when the box is dropped / thrown about.

#10 ·
you can see my fiesta xr2 bodyshell inbetween the two rs200's in my first post, i got it for £75 posted, it was a nice model but it had paint bubbles etc, my friend however also bought a fiesta xr2 from otto and his is perfect

#13 ·
I'm officially done with resins. They scratch much easier than die-cast, and every one I've seen has some degree of manufacturing flaw. Resins look nice, but don't feel nice.

I suggest sending them a message. I think they will definitely replace one car. Depending on where you live, you may be asked to send the model back for exchange. However, if you are like me and live in the states, they will tell you to keep the model because it costs $100+ to send the models back.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
i have emailed them including photos and said that i would happily return the models if they are willing to pay the postage fees, they shouldn't be too much as i live in england and OTTO is based in france, but would have thought it would be cheaper to just send a new model and replacement windows then have to pay for the return of both models and to send a pair of models back to me

if they do send out a pair of models and leave me to dispose of the two i already have i will strip one for parts for my fiesta and probably make a project of the other

its a shame because the models do look brilliant, i would rather have one than an autoart zonda r or something like that (im a ford kinda guy) but it seems the models are rushed through production, how many models do they make per month? 4000? 6000?

#18 ·
Otto QC issues again here at DX, this is becoming a regular thing these days it seems... Sorry to hear they arrived like this mate...

#25 ·
They ask you to send unrecorded.

I would recommend not to do this. Make sure fully insured and recorded.

They said they hadn't received my returns until I sent them tracking info then suddenly they have. Good thing I chased it up after 7 days.

Cost me £22 something pence to send 2 models back recorded and insured.

T

#28 ·
They ask you to send unrecorded.

I would recommend not to do this. Make sure fully insured and recorded.

They said they hadn't received my returns until I sent them tracking info then suddenly they have. Good thing I chased it up after 7 days.

Cost me £22 something pence to send 2 models back recorded and insured.

T
Fair price that, you must have been lucky to get both in a parcel under 2KG, after that prices are nuts!

#26 ·
I must say, according to the feedback from DXers, OTTO's track record would appear 'not good'....

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
CitroFriend, the girl in your picture is absolutely stunning

i received an email back from otto:

Hello,

We apologies for the inconvenience.
Please send your model back at standard pricing (no signature) so we can exchange it.
You will be reimbursed for the shipping fees.

We must receive the model within 7 days of the return agreement, i.e. today 21/02/2013, in its original boxing. You must also write the following service number *************on your parcel. Without that number, we will be unable to accept the return.

Please accept our sincerest apologies.

it is now the 22nd and i will have no chance to post them untill thursday 28th, and i cant even get a courier to collect as i have a driving lesson and college tomorrow, will be away all weekend and monday,tues,wed im in college from 9am-5pm! but i am not happy with what they are saying either, send the models back at standard rate? if i do that and they "go missing", i will loose what i initially paid out for the models plus the cost of sending them back to otto!
i sent a email back to them stating that i will not return the cars unless they are going to pay for me to send the models back to them signed for and tracked and that it would have to be next day delivery for me to have any chance at all of meeting the deadline they have set.

#33 · (Edited by Moderator)
i sent a email back to them stating that i will not return the cars unless they are going to pay for me to send the models back to them signed for and tracked and that it would have to be next day delivery for me to have any chance at all of meeting the deadline they have set.
Smart move! If I were you, I would ask OTTO to mail you a pre-paid postage stamp with a tracking/delivery confirmation number.

#39 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think he bought direct from OTTO - all resellers run the risk of having damaged / faulty goods on their hands...
[/quote]

Right. But, at least you have a retailer in your corner who might be willing to go to bat against the manufacturer. By going through OTTO directly, you have no one in your corner when a deal goes bad (i.e. neon-rc's situation). And, OTTO most likely isn't going to be intimidated by one upset customer. However, OTTO might go out of their way to make things right if one of their retailers/carriers threatened to stop carrying their sketchy products.

Well, I hope that neon-rc is able to get this issue resolved. It sucks to be out of money and a model... and it sucks even more to know that the manufacturer really does not have your best interest at heart. I don't think that I will be giving them any of my business, nor will I recommend them to anyone else in this hobby.

#34 ·
Don't send it back un tracked.

I was all for getting this RS200, but most re seller sare asking £80 for it, they aren't really selling though. The stories of QC problems are putting me right off.

#35 ·
OTTO is really funny to me..
We all have the same reason why we write to OTTO.
1) For spare parts
2) Becouse we recived damadged models

Well everytime I have a problems with spare parts becouse they are sending only car badges and windowses..
But when we are on the part 2.. Damadged models.. Some got replay to send the models back to them insured, some got email back that send models back in 7 days untracked.. And some got replay that they will send new replacement on their costs - no need to return model to them..
I meen.. Wtf? Are they serious????

My M3 E36 GT was not that damadged as this RS200 is and I got replacement on their costs and keep the damadged M3..

#36 ·
im guessing that the reason they arnt selling is that OTTO still have the models in stock, but i can imagine a steep rise from £80 when they do get sold out :(
as said im all for sending the models back to them, but im not going to be spending more of my own money to do so

i havnt had an email back from them yet and to be honest, im not expecting one!

#37 ·
People are already asking £80 for them - utter madness as like you say, OTTO have not sold out yet!

#38 ·
although im sure allot of people dont even know that OTTO has a website, or how to order from it

the rs200's come with the aerial wrapped up next to the spare ford badges, but the fiesta doesnt and when my fiesta arrived it had been opened, paper was missing and aerial was bent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.