VOTING - Top Gear Photo Challenge - Lamborghini

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Top Gear Photo Challenge - Lamborghini (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Who has the best trio of Lamborghini

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:175
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Time to vote.

Remember, this is not a BEST photo competition. We already have one of those. This is the best 3 model collection that fits the theme. That being said, there is no criteria to how you choose the best 3 models.

preisman - Countach, Gallardo, Aventador

Posted Image

Bynx - Reventon trio

Posted Image

mairandeddy - Diablo trio

Posted Image

btyz - Custom Aventadors

Posted Image

VRVPROD - Gallardos and an Aventador

Posted Image

Technica - Classic trio

Posted Image

Justinpkw - Diablo, SV, Aventador

Posted Image

Alex SZ1996 - Murcielago trio

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,961 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Soooo many lushious lambos....... :drool5:    Soooo difficult to chose...... :gaah: .....

......but (after much deliberation!) Btyz gets my vote for uniquity - not just in the models but also the setting.... :10:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

I went with Technica's classic trio. The 350GT is such a beautiful car, and that is the most rare model of all the models. The Muira has to be the most beautiful. And the Urraco is just awesome.

#4 OFFLINE   Bynx

Bynx

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:All things photography.
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Norev, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

The name is Bynx.....James Bynx.
Bryx doesnt look anything like me.

#5 OFFLINE   schuifelhoofd

schuifelhoofd

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5,064 posts
  • Interests:Too much & not enough time
  • Number of Models:+220
  • Favorite Brands:Ertl, AW, AUTOart, Highway61.....
  • Proud Citizen of: be

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

View Postpreisman, on 15 April 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

Remember, this is not a BEST photo competition. This is the best 3 model collection that fits the theme.

Technica's 350GT, Urraco and Muira. I can totally imagine a TopGear Challenge in there      :yahoo:

Sven's collection on DX
Sven's collectors registry (got list) on Scale18

#6 OFFLINE   Zondaracer

Zondaracer

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 608 posts
  • Interests:kitcars, windsurfing, rowbiking
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, Welly
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

Justinpkw for me. Fantastic shot of the last 3 generations Lambo supercars.

#7 OFFLINE   technica

technica

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ricko... Anything goes!
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for the votes! :danke:
I voted Justin's trio as I can see a potential challenge between 3 models of different generations. :eusa_clap:

Check out my custom works at Technica's Portfolio.
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Justinpkw

Justinpkw

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,561 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, GT Spirit, Ignition Model

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for the votes, guys! Technica's trio got my vote, as it seemed most likely to be shown on the actual TG program.

Posted Image

Check out my collection here!

#9 OFFLINE   Bynx

Bynx

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Boy this is such a cool place. I didnt bother to vote because I could see it was a rigged game to start with. Up front Preisman says not to vote for the best photo but instead vote for the best 3 lamborghinis. Actually a photo wasnt even necessary. Those who have 3 or more lamborghinis could just state what they are, and those who are most impressed will give their vote. Then the next thing he does is tell us who he is voting for. What a nice way to influence people. Im sure he wouldnt have said anything unless he felt it needed saying. Its unfortunate that not everyone owns three lamborghinis and thats probably why there was such a poor turnout both in submissions and votes. Congratulations justinpkw. It is both a nice shot and a nice collection. I just upped my collection to 2 lamborghinis. Still one short.

#10 OFFLINE   Diego Villavicencio

Diego Villavicencio

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Favorite Brands:MR, Frontiart, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: ec

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Bynx's picture is so amazing. I love Eddy's GTRs, those are so rare and seeing the three together is so nice. I absolutely loveee Alex's LP640s, he put THE BEST three shades out there in one picture and it made me jealous 'cause I only have the yellow :(. I do think Technica's picture is what Top Gear would use in an episode, that would be so cool and funny, and those models are super beautiful, but the picture itself is very simple, just 3 cars on the floor and camera's shadow. What we should do? I'm not sure how should I vote here lol

Edited by Diego Villavicencio, 16 April 2014 - 11:11 AM.

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2,504 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Hotwheels Elite, BBR, APM
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

^ dont vote on the best picture ... its not the idea here

Mondial-Models.com custom projects:
612 GT | 288 Evoluzione | F40 LM & F355 GT | 288 GTO | F40 GTE

#12 OFFLINE   Victor Lam

Victor Lam

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 312 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

three reventon park outside the church! I would love to see what kind of gang is in the Sunday service. :giggle:
nice shot Paul.
checkout my collection here:
http://www.diecastxc...ate-31-01-2014/
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   technica

technica

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ricko... Anything goes!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

I didnt take nice pictures for this game because I read the rules. If I do not have models that fit the theme, I simply wait for the next one. Rules are rules. Still no doubt people will get influenced by what they see (Nice photo). POTM is somewhere around here. Do look around. :)

Check out my custom works at Technica's Portfolio.
Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Bynx

Bynx

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

This gets more confusing to me. Rules are mentioned, and yet there were no rules. What was asked was simply a photo showing 3 lamborghinis. Nothing else. Not 3 different models, not 3 different colors. Just a photo with 3 cars. So by what criteria can anyone pick a photo especially when you are directed not to go by the photo. Curiouser and curiouser. If you didnt want me to enter Preisman you should have simply said my photo was ineligible. Since there is no prize or prestige in getting the most votes Im not miffed at all. But as the new kid on the block I would expect to get treated fairly and without bias.
By the way I notice that when the voting page was posted the subject of the contest changed. Now it is to be a photo of the best 3 model collection. Initially what you said should have been what you meant.

Edited by Bynx, 16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Bynx, I have a wonderful page that explains my intensions of this game. It also has several rules. One of which does say you need a photo. So, just stating 3 models will not work. As the title stats, it is a photo challenge.

http://www.diecastxc...and-background/

As for the quality of photo, this was intended to include more collectors. Members do not need to worry about their quality of photos for this competition. It is all about everyones collection. Sure, if you want to vote for the coolest photo, I can't stop you. But, That is not the intent of this game.

Is this game rigged. YES. It is rigged to include more members within the forum. Damn, you figured me out!

I do give my opinion and who I voted for. I am a member just like anyone else. I am still allowed to participate in games just like everyone else. Sorry if you feel me giving an opinion is wrong, but I will not change my post. I sure do hope you understand.

There is no intent on influencing anyones vote. Like I mentioned before, you can vote for any reason you want. I can't stop you. And if I could, I would not change anyones vote.

Good luck finding your 3rd Lamborghini.

As for the simple set of regulations for this month…it's to get everyone to get an idea of how the game will work. I wanted it originally to be Lamborghini's in 3 different colors and 3 different models (red Aventador, blue 350 GT, orange Urraco). I hope the following months will have a few extra requirements. I hope this makes you feel better about the rules.

Do you really think this game was made in spit of you? I had ideas for this months ago and discussed it with several of the Elite/Mods/Admins working out some details. I am not staying up all night thinking of ways to not include you in a game. That is nonsense. I am always looking for games and activities that will get members more involved here. If you think I would start a game in hopes you would not partake, then I would not be doing my part here at DX. I have started many games over the years I have been here. It has not been for myself, but to make this a community beyond "cool pic", "congrats on the new model", and "awesome model" comments.

Why would you think your photo would not be eligible? I specifically said if anyone cannot meet the requirements you can play in the grey area of the rules. And you did just that. I like your photo.

I am sure I have treated you fairly. I can't think of anytime I might have done anything to offend you. And even though you have said a few things that I do not agree with, I have not changed my opinion of you or how I treat you. You have a great skill in how you take your photos and looking forward to you sharing more about forced perspective. It is a technique that is not used here often and I am sure many members, including myself, would love to learn as much as we can from you.

When I said best models that fit the criteria, I mean it should follow the theme. That is all. I went for the classics, other went for the customs, and so on. It is everyones personal opinion. Not my opinion.

If you have anymore questions, concerns, criticism, or means of improving this game, please do not hesitate to bring them to me. I will gladly look over any way to improve this game. And that goes for anyone. I want this game to be fun for as many people as possible. Although, I will not change it to the best photo contest. We already have that. This is a game to show off members collection.

#16 OFFLINE   Bynx

Bynx

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

Sorry for being such a pain in the butt. This car thing is a whole new world for me. Before 3 months ago I had a single diecast of a DB5 because it was the Bond car. Since photography is my passion Ive collected another 42 cars to help me pursue that passion. I have a lot to learn about the ins and outs of collecting and collectors. Meanwhile I will post my pics and try to learn.

#17 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,961 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostBynx, on 15 April 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

:dunno:   You've lost me there Bynx...

And what's the problem?  Your (clever) pic has 3 lamborghinis...and that's all that preisman asked for.     You seem to be giving him a really hard time, especially as he's been good enough to host the game for everyone's amusement....

The winner will be the one that folks like the most...at least that's how I understand it.. :twocents:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   Diego Villavicencio

Diego Villavicencio

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Favorite Brands:MR, Frontiart, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: ec

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Ok I got more confused. This don't really make sense to me so maybe I'll participate when the point is more clear. I voted for Technica's trio as I think they fit in the Top Gear theme

Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

View Postmairandeddy, on 17 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

View PostBynx, on 15 April 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

Posted Image   You've lost me there Bynx...

And what's the problem?  Your (clever) pic has 3 lamborghinis...and that's all that preisman asked for. You seem to be giving him a really hard time, especially as he's been good enough to host the game for everyone's amusement....

The winner will be the one that folks like the most...at least that's how I understand it.. Posted Image

Ohh, I mis-spelt his name.

View PostDiego Villavicencio, on 17 April 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

Ok I got more confused. This don't really make sense to me so maybe I'll participate when the point is more clear. I voted for Technica's trio as I think they fit in the Top Gear theme

I think you got the point. Vote on the models that you think best fit the theme.

#20 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2,504 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Hotwheels Elite, BBR, APM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

Let's not forget it is a game ... and its new. It may take a little bit to get people on board. Jon's doing a great job to bring in some new ideas for us.

I picked Justinpkw 3 generations of Lamborghini flagship V12s as I could (and would love to) see this featured on a Top Gear episode.
I can picture May (the elder statesmen) driving the diablo reminicing on the good old days of Lamborghini.
Hammond in the Murcielago SV which of course he tested and drag raced an SLR 722 in Abu Dhabi.
And of course Clarkson in the Aventador which he adores for it being such a bonkers car.

Mondial-Models.com custom projects:
612 GT | 288 Evoluzione | F40 LM & F355 GT | 288 GTO | F40 GTE

#21 OFFLINE   The Collector

The Collector

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

I voted for Technica's classic trio because it kind of reminded me of the budget challenge they did with the older cars (Merak, 308 & Urraco).  Even though its obviously not exactly a budget trio of Lambo's.  Oh and for me it also wins because it has a Miura :)  My favorite trio was Eddy's GTR's but I couldn't picture them in a challenge.  And Justin's modern trio was pretty tempting too.  But great entries from everyone.

#22 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Only a few more hours left to vote for your favorite trio of Lambos.

#23 OFFLINE   Gavin

Gavin

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 9,440 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

wish I'd been online earlier this month as I have a pic that would have worked (Countach, Diablo, Murciealgo).  Love the classics, but was very tempted by Eddy's Diablo GTR's..always loved that pic.

Posted Image

#24 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

I am calling it an end to the voting.

Justin - Congrats on the winning the first Top Gear Photo Challenge.

You have about a week to start the next month's challenge. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

#25 OFFLINE   Justinpkw

Justinpkw

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,561 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, GT Spirit, Ignition Model

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

View Postpreisman, on 25 April 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

I am calling it an end to the voting.

Justin - Congrats on the winning the first Top Gear Photo Challenge.

You have about a week to start the next month's challenge. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Thanks, Jon! I'll try to make next month's challenge as interesting as possible. :occasion14:

Posted Image

Check out my collection here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use