Jump to content


DX Displays and Cabinets


437 replies to this topic

#426 OFFLINE   6doose

6doose

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 587 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Massillon, Ohio
  • Interests:Sports, Classic and Muscle cars, 1:18 Diecast, 9th Gen.Honda Civic Si,
    Friends and Family
  • Favorite Brands:Ertl, Lane, ExactDetail, Johnny Lightning, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:24 AM

Take 3
Attached File  20170304_170607.jpg   85.44K   0 downloads

Ok, I give up....
Posted Image
My Garage is full but that one is sooooo cool!

Check out my Garage here: http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/148073-6dooses-collection-updated-3-6-17/#entry2420049

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#427 OFFLINE   mcaf123

mcaf123

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 926 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, United Kingdom
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

View Post6doose, on 17 March 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

Take 3
Ok, I give up....

Are you trying to attach pics? Have you tried using a hosting site instead?
Please check out my collection thread HERE

#428 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

    Senior Member

  • DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 5,567 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

Get the direct link of a hosting website in side of [ i m g ] and [ / i m g ] without spaces and it will work fine

#429 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

Owners of Detolf cabinets who want to use additional shelves may be interested in this:
https://ck-modelcars...5-mm-safe/5293/
Considering what it is - a single piece of clear perspex bent at 90 degrees at either end, it's far too expensive.
Were it €4.95 I would consider it, it looks to have been designed with the Detolf in mind.
Another option would be to build a framework using those plastic frames inside the Norev, Minichamps and AutoArt boxes by gluing them together.
It would create a sort of scaffolding 'multi storey' car park effect (although only two models side by side).

#430 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

View Postslartibartfast229, on 21 March 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Owners of Detolf cabinets who want to use additional shelves may be interested in this:
https://ck-modelcars...5-mm-safe/5293/
Considering what it is - a single piece of clear perspex bent at 90 degrees at either end, it's far too expensive.
Were it €4.95 I would consider it, it looks to have been designed with the Detolf in mind.
Another option would be to build a framework using those plastic frames inside the Norev, Minichamps and AutoArt boxes by gluing them together.
It would create a sort of scaffolding 'multi storey' car park effect (although only two models side by side).

i have use the autoart style plastic frame to add an extra level but they only ever big enough for one car. Those black pillars can be unsightly and distracting as they are obstruction to the clear view of the model inside it. Ultimately clear plastic stand or support is the best way to go but like you said 14.95 eur is bit too much

#431 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:34 AM

View Postjazzy426, on 21 March 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

View Postslartibartfast229, on 21 March 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Owners of Detolf cabinets who want to use additional shelves may be interested in this:
https://ck-modelcars...5-mm-safe/5293/
Considering what it is - a single piece of clear perspex bent at 90 degrees at either end, it's far too expensive.
Were it €4.95 I would consider it, it looks to have been designed with the Detolf in mind.
Another option would be to build a framework using those plastic frames inside the Norev, Minichamps and AutoArt boxes by gluing them together.
It would create a sort of scaffolding 'multi storey' car park effect (although only two models side by side).

i have use the autoart style plastic frame to add an extra level but they only ever big enough for one car. Those black pillars can be unsightly and distracting as they are obstruction to the clear view of the model inside it. Ultimately clear plastic stand or support is the best way to go but like you said 14.95 eur is bit too much
And thinking about the perspex shelf has given me some ideas.
Three pieces of 6mm glass, one wide enough and deep enough to hold the models, and two additional pieces bonded to the 'shelf' as supports might be a consideration.
My problem at the moment for this idea is that the two glass cutting companies that I have dealt with are impossible to get to do the work.
Emergency replacement of windows in peoples homes is far more profitable......
Ikea have a glass shelf which is inexpensive, I must check to see if they have anything which could be used as the supports.
I would probably look to use small, cheap, right angle aluminium brackets as braces well back along the sides to reduce their viewing impact.

#432 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

@slartibartfast229: You know those clear plastic case comes with Ferrero Rocher? I actually use one of it as a stand LOL. Normally i will use the unused 1/43 perspex case to raise my model but i ran out of spare 1/43 cases and I happen to have an empty chocolate box on my desk.. :giggle:

My application of the AUTOart style frames...

Posted Image

apparently the Minichamps/Paragon one are longer and i was able to squeeze 3 models underneath it.
Posted Image

#433 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

    Senior Member

  • DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 5,567 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

Lol...the Ferrero Rocher acrylic case is something I never thought about! :P those Miuras are beautiful!

I got myself some 5"x5" acrylic risers, I didnt think about the wheelbase models being too short to sit right on it so I put some foam(for now) under the cars to sit them straight, heres what it looks like for now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ironsim, 22 March 2017 - 10:00 AM.


#434 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:12 AM

Gorgeous display of classic cars ironsim I love your theme and every single one of your cars! :drool5: The post lifts are great i've been toying with that idea for long time now but they aren't exactly cheap so my budget always end up going towards model cars instead.

#435 OFFLINE   oyetis

oyetis

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 625 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Shanghai / China
  • Interests:Rally & 1/18 Die-cast Rally Car models
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart - Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:tr

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

no display shelves in the new apartment yet, all models still in box since almost the last two years...
so, I decided to build some Plexiglass displays for my custom build models...

Posted Image

these displays can carry 4 pieces of 1/18 models.
first, I build one and now reached 4 and counting :) the shop helping me with these at last suggested me to build 5-10 at a time as he is tired of me ordering one by one :))))
Happy Collections,
Omer Yetis


Check out my Custom build Rally car projects...

http://www.diecastxc...tis#entry831590

or Find me on Facebook....

https://www.facebook...22491/timeline/

#436 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,142 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 22 March 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

@slartibartfast229: You know those clear plastic case comes with Ferrero Rocher? I actually use one of it as a stand LOL. Normally i will use the unused 1/43 perspex case to raise my model but i ran out of spare 1/43 cases and I happen to have an empty chocolate box on my desk.. :giggle:

My application of the AUTOart style frames...



apparently the Minichamps/Paragon one are longer and i was able to squeeze 3 models underneath it.

You see now how we all need to improve our storage.
I never thought of leaving food in a container for my models!
So a little bit of advice please.
Do you provide food of a particular standard for all?
Or would you have better stuff for a Lamborghini than for a Mini?.......     :danke: :giggle:

#437 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:27 AM

View Postslartibartfast229, on 22 March 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

So a little bit of advice please.
Do you provide food of a particular standard for all?
Or would you have better stuff for a Lamborghini than for a Mini?....... :danke: :giggle:

give them equal amount of food i'd say... maybe after they eat they will bond and multiply?? then i will have a Lambomini... :giggle:

#438 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

    Senior Member

  • DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 5,567 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 22 March 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Gorgeous display of classic cars ironsim I love your theme and every single one of your cars! :drool5: The post lifts are great i've been toying with that idea for long time now but they aren't exactly cheap so my budget always end up going towards model cars instead.
Thank you! Yeah theyre not cheap but having too many lifts would look weird, like all the cars needs to be repaired :lol:  



Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users





©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use