StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,954 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

I refuse to buy Kyoshos because of their paint rashes. Also, paying $285 for a 365 GTB when I bought my older one for $100 is ridiculous, considering it's the same thing.
Wes

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#77 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,275 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Imo people are being way too touchy about Kyosho models. As I say every time this comes up, none of mime have rashes & out of the number produce I'd say that only 1% are affected (that is still 1% too many though)

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#78 ONLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,954 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostCraig, on 04 July 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

Imo people are being way too touchy about Kyosho models. As I say every time this comes up, none of mime have rashes & out of the number produce I'd say that only 1% are affected (that is still 1% too many though)

I agree with you, but considering how much they cost, I really don't want to chance it. I'd rather play it safe. Been bitten before.
Wes

#79 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,678 posts
  • Interests:Cars and living life to the full
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, FrontiArt..... Well anything except minichamps

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

They did mess up the 355 though
Posted Image

#80 OFFLINE   DC4ME

DC4ME

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, BBR, Auto Art and many more.

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

I would have to agree with the issues with paint rash. I have quite a few that i have had to use polishing compound to remove most of it. It takes a lot of effort but it sure makes them way better.
Gilles

#81 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,275 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostRyan, on 04 July 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

They did mess up the 355 though
Agreed, the price was bonkers & it didn't look all that good :twocents:

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#82 OFFLINE   BobSalawalatski

BobSalawalatski

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 297 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, TSM
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

Did anyone else feel like Hotwheels was wasting the license?

I've wanted a HWE F40 in Red for a while, but prices are sky-high because they're too rare and hard to find. I'm not willing to pay more than $125 for any model with dog legs, let alone the $250+ the HWE Red F40s go for.

What's the point of holding the exclusive rights to produce models of a popular car if you aren't going to make any more?

Posted Image

Tesla Model ≡ Reservation Holder

#83 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,062 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:175
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostBobSalawalatski, on 04 July 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

I've wanted a HWE F40 in Red for a while, but prices are sky-high because they're too rare and hard to find. I'm not willing to pay more than $125 for any model with dog legs, let alone the $250+ the HWE Red F40s go for.

What's the point of holding the exclusive rights to produce models of a popular car if you aren't going to make any more?

They were not going to go out and make everything. Ferrari also has to approve the model and it might have been something not worth putting out for them. The Elites were made and since then Kyosho has made the F40. Why compete when you can just put out some awesome classic Ferraris, and many more.

#84 OFFLINE   BobSalawalatski

BobSalawalatski

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

View Postpreisman, on 04 July 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

They were not going to go out and make everything. Ferrari also has to approve the model and it might have been something not worth putting out for them. The Elites were made and since then Kyosho has made the F40. Why compete when you can just put out some awesome classic Ferraris, and many more.

Uhh, what? I think you misread my post.

I was talking about a model that Hotwheels did make.

Posted Image

#85 OFFLINE   Andy205

Andy205

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Anything with wheels. Casio G Shock watches. Vehicle detailing.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, HWE, Norev

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

View Postwet sellery, on 04 July 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Why would Maisto / Bburago be a bad alternative ?

They made great 1/18 models in the 80's. Comparing those models with Hot Wheels Elites from 2013 or 2014 is not fair. I'm sure that if they get a license from Ferrari they won't release their 30 year old models. But they will have new molds made and the quality will be a vast improvement over their old models.

Personally I don't think that 1 company will get the license from Hot Wheels/Mattel. I think that may companies will start or continue to build Ferrari models.

For me the big question is : "What will happen with the Hot Wheels moulds ?"

I don't think that Hot Wheels/Mattel will keep them in storage for years without lending or selling them to other companies.

This.

Bburago Huracan. Latest release i think? Good at its price point but a long way from HWE detail and quality.

And its bloody doors don't open wide enough lol.

Edited by Andy205, 04 July 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#86 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2,234 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Hotwheels Elite, BBR, APM
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

View PostBobSalawalatski, on 04 July 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

I don't think they wasted their license at all simply because they didn't re-release some popular models. The Hot Wheels F40 was good, but the Kyosho trumps it in every possible way. I would not have been interested in the slightest. What I am interested in are the models to fill in the holes, like they did with the 348 and 355 ... and of course every new Ferrari at an affordable price point. This is why they have been my #1 brand I've relied on for the past few years.

$250+ for the elite F40?? :dunno:
I just did a quick search on eBay and found this: 321448892403 ... $80 AUD current bid (~ $75 US) with 1 day to go and only 1 bidder. I doubt it will go much higher.

They don't have the exclusive rights.

Mondial-Models.com custom projects:
612 GT | 288 Evoluzione | F40 LM & F355 GT | 288 GTO | F40 GTE

#87 OFFLINE   BobSalawalatski

BobSalawalatski

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

That auction does not come up at all for me when I search, even if I copy and paste the exact title and set the search to All Listings and Worldwide. My best guess is the seller only wants to ship the model within Australia.

And anyway, I doubt a HWE would survive international shipping. I've bought three and had them shipped a relatively short distance, and all of them had parts come off.

As for the Kyosho F40, I have zero interest in it due to paint rash, just as others in this thread have said. Maybe if they were much cheaper, but that's just not going to happen at current Kyosho F40 prices.

Edited by BobSalawalatski, 04 July 2014 - 11:15 PM.

Posted Image

#88 OFFLINE   Red_Baron

Red_Baron

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,198 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Norev, AUTOart, Maisto, HWE, Welly
  • Proud Citizen of:my

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

Ahhh all this brand wars, Ferrari just pls hire some workers from all the diecast manufacturers and built your own models so that everyone can be happy now. :giggle:
If you see me bombing loads of pics on a thread, DO NOT QUOTE THE POST

Posted Image Posted Image
<< RUN!

#89 ONLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,954 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

View PostBobSalawalatski, on 04 July 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

And anyway, I doubt a HWE would survive international shipping. I've bought three and had them shipped a relatively short distance, and all of them had parts come off.

Nevermind shipping. I bought one at a local store, and by the time I brought it home, the windshield had fallen off.
Wes

#90 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

View PostBobSalawalatski, on 04 July 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

That auction does not come up at all for me when I search, even if I copy and paste the exact title and set the search to All Listings and Worldwide. My best guess is the seller only wants to ship the model within Australia.

As for the Kyosho F40, I have zero interest in it due to paint rash, just as others in this thread have said. Maybe if they were much cheaper, but that's just not going to happen at current Kyosho F40 prices.
Works for me, even when I go to eBay.com (instead of eBay.com.au). The item ID should allow you to view any listing, it just won't allow you to bid/buy depending on postage restrictions. And yes the seller is posting worldwide.

You've had some bad luck with your elites. 99% of my elite collection was purchased overseas, mainly HK as they usually get them first. I don't think I've ever had one damaged in transit.

Current Kyosho F40 prices are high with good reason, but as with anything if you hunt around you're bound to find one for a good price eventually :twocents:

#91 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

View PostRed_Baron, on 04 July 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

Ahhh all this brand wars, Ferrari just pls hire some workers from all the diecast manufacturers and built your own models so that everyone can be happy now. Posted Image
Ferrari building and selling their own models ...  :hellno:

That's a sure way to guarantee most collectors will be forced out of the market by overpricing.

#92 OFFLINE   Morbo-Zim

Morbo-Zim

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, BBR, CMC, Hotwheels Elite, Exoto, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of:nl

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

I'm surprised Mattel didn't simply up the price of the HWE like AUTOart did. I heard they didn't make enough money for a while now on the Elites, so if fact that "best bang for buck" was in all likelyhood just bad business practise, which now results in them quitting, rather than asking Kyosho and AUTOart range money for their Elite Ferrari products.

Edited by Morbo-Zim, 05 July 2014 - 01:34 AM.

If it's not die-cast, it won't have a crumple zone

#93 OFFLINE   samexit

samexit

• DX Community
  • 51 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Action, GMP, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:be

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:27 AM

The HWE Ferrari F40LM versions started at +100€ but they are now only 40-50€ ...
and so are a few other models of HWE

so if they would ask higher prices then nowone will buy them anymore.

Also now with the 458 LM versions, the #51 was last time I checked around 50-60€? instead of starting at 130€ (ebay)
and just checked the #61; on many places started at 130, now atound 70€ ($100) ....
even one at 50 with 1 bid and one at 60 without any bids on it (both few days to go)

The #89 at arond 60€

It's like the Spark Audi R8 LMP versions, started af +100€ but dropped to about 30€, even know at around 30-40€.
+640 x 1/18 + +60 1/43 + 6 x 1/12

#94 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,062 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:175
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:29 AM

View Postpreisman, on 04 July 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Uhh, what? I think you misread my post.

I was talking about a model that Hotwheels did make.

No, I read what you put down. And I say they did not waste the license. They made the model you wanted and so did Kyosho. What more did you expect?

And all this!

View PostPhatboi101, on 04 July 2014 - 10:56 PM, said:

I don't think they wasted their license at all simply because they didn't re-release some popular models. The Hot Wheels F40 was good, but the Kyosho trumps it in every possible way. I would not have been interested in the slightest. What I am interested in are the models to fill in the holes, like they did with the 348 and 355 ... and of course every new Ferrari at an affordable price point. This is why they have been my #1 brand I've relied on for the past few years.

$250+ for the elite F40?? Posted Image
I just did a quick search on eBay and found this: 321448892403 ... $80 AUD current bid (~ $75 US) with 1 day to go and only 1 bidder. I doubt it will go much higher.

They don't have the exclusive rights.

#95 OFFLINE   wet sellery

wet sellery

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 200 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Hotwheels

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

View PostAndy205, on 04 July 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

View Postwet sellery, on 04 July 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Why would Maisto / Bburago be a bad alternative ?

They made great 1/18 models in the 80's. Comparing those models with Hot Wheels Elites from 2013 or 2014 is not fair. I'm sure that if they get a license from Ferrari they won't release their 30 year old models. But they will have new molds made and the quality will be a vast improvement over their old models.

Personally I don't think that 1 company will get the license from Hot Wheels/Mattel. I think that may companies will start or continue to build Ferrari models.

For me the big question is : "What will happen with the Hot Wheels moulds ?"

I don't think that Hot Wheels/Mattel will keep them in storage for years without lending or selling them to other companies.

This.

Bburago Huracan. Latest release i think? Good at its price point but a long way from HWE detail and quality.

And its bloody doors don't open wide enough lol.

Why are you comparing a Bburago model with a Hot Wheels Elite ? That's like comparing a Hot Wheels Foundation / Heritage with a Kyosho.

The Bburago Huracan is a GREAT model if you consider the low price.

So what if the doors don't open wide enough ? How many times do you open and close the doors when the model is on display ?

At least the Bburago model has doors that open which can't be said for a lot of models that cost 3 or 4 times as much.

I would like to see a 2015 Bburago / Maisto Ferrari F40. If it has the same quality as that Lambo Huracan and if it comes at the same price, I'm sure that it will sell very well.

Edited by wet sellery, 05 July 2014 - 02:49 AM.

Posted Image

#96 ONLINE   ferrariforever

ferrariforever

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:European patent prosecution
  • Favorite Brands:no favorite
  • Proud Citizen of:nl

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

View Postsmokeyfan, on 04 July 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Lets not forget that GMP did Ferrari models in the past and they have some BIG announcements coming up, fingers crossed!

Also Autoart is doing Maserati MC12's so it would be likely that they are getting the Ferrari rights to some degree at least, perhaps the "High end" diecast segment.

I thought GMP is bankrupted?
Feel free to have a look of my collection on DX.
http://www.diecastxc...dels-kyosho-m5/

#97 OFFLINE   samexit

samexit

• DX Community
  • 51 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Action, GMP, Kyosho

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

GMP/ACE is know with Greenlight
+640 x 1/18 + +60 1/43 + 6 x 1/12

#98 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,939 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostBobSalawalatski, on 03 July 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

View PostAJC1984, on 03 July 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Has to be autoart or kyosho, we need some great quality ferraris. Yes HWE is a good effort but dog legs and half windows drive me mad. For me this isn't bad news but I appreciate the price point people talk about, however I don't mind paying more for a great model.... but that's just me! Plus im a big believer that there is always a deal to be had on any model.

I feel the same way. HWEs are nice, but honestly they just don't impress me. I would prefer to pay more for better models.

I am hoping AUTOart get it, because I won't buy a Kyosho until the paint rash issue is solved.

+1

Edited by blieu118, 05 July 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#99 OFFLINE   jeeks_44

jeeks_44

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Women, Cars, Watches, Alcohol, Cigars
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, HWE

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

I can't believe i'm just stumbling upon this new right now. I have about 30 of Hot Wheels Ferrari's one of my first models was the 288 GTO they made, ever since i've added almost all of there Elite Ferrari's. Sad news indeed, I guess the LaFerrari and 458 Speciale are the last ones I will be getting from them. My Ferrari collection might stop all together if AUTOart gets the licence, i'm having a hard enough time justifying the other super cars they make.

#100 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,300 posts
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

Perhaps there is a middle ground to this. If the exclusive licensing for 1/18 Ferraris ends after the end of Mattel/Ferrari partnership and every maker can have a go at producing one then you will eventually have budget and premium 1/18 Ferraris that suit everyone's taste and budget. Like Lamborghini, Autoart, Bburago, Norev, Kyosho, Welly etc all get to make them and we all are spoilt for choices when it comes to Murcielago, Aventador and so on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use