#76 OFFLINE   blackvitzrs

blackvitzrs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

I started collecting 2.5 years ago and prices have already gone up 2 times over. It has become unaffordable. Having said that, I collect 1:18, mainly street cars, separated into two categories. JDM and exotic / hyper cars.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#77 OFFLINE   protzenegger

protzenegger

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Number of Models:Too many
  • Favorite Brands:Whoever makes an awesome model of what I want
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

My focus in both 1:18 and 1:43 is sports cars and supercars.  These must be either cars of some sentimental value to me, or cars I consider so awesome that I've not gotten bored with them as the years go by.  I also try to go for the most accurately stanced/proportioned model in each case.

It wasn't always like this, and as a result I have a bunch of models in both scales sitting in boxes waiting to be sold off.

My current "for life" 1:18 collection consists almost entirely of AUTOarts:

BMW E46 M3
Mazda RX-8
Lamborghini Murciélago
Lamborghini Diablo SV
Porsche 996 GT1 plain-body
McLaren F1
HSV VX Clubsport R8
Volvo 850 T5-R

I also have a BBR Maserati Levante that was a must-have because I worked on the 1:1, so while it doesn't really qualify as a "sports car" or "exotic," it has a whole lot of sentimental value.  Would love for AUTOart to step up and make a diecast one with openings and correct rear skid plate.

Too many 1:43s to list (plus I wanna keep you guys in some suspense).  I do have an "off the beaten path" model - a lovely 1:87 Scania truck.  Also looking out for a 1:43 Honda RC30 motorbike, but both fit the "sentimental" rule, so they get a pass.

One of these days I'll post a pic thread.

Edited by protzenegger, 09 March 2017 - 09:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use