DiecastXchange Forum banner

A Petition to GT Spirit

54K views 307 replies 98 participants last post by  imprezawrxsti22b 
#1 ·
GT Spirit has really impressed me lately. This manufacturer is somewhat new to the hobby and, so far, they are giving us a fresh take on model making. Upon doing some research, it would appear that Ottomobile is involved in the engineering aspect of GT Spirit's offerings; however, GT Spirit does all of their own production. Thus, GT Spirit doesn't seem to suffer from the same QC issues as Ottomobile. In fact, many critics here at DX have openly praised the subject matter and build quality of GT Spirit's models. It excites me to know that this company is taking their job seriously. With that said, I think it would be great if GT Spirit offered a 1:43 lineup in the near future. Specifically, I would love for them to produce a few endurance racers in the smaller scale.

How about you guys? Are there any models or scales that you would like to see GT Spirit tackle? If so, then let them know by posting in this thread.

See less See more
#4 ·
I know this seems like an odd request, but I would like a manufacturer that made good quality mainstream cars for a decent price. Companies like Autoart, Frontiart, BBR, Kyosho, Exoto, Minichamps etc... all mainly focus on performance cars. It's understandable as not many people dream about something inexpensive and attainable, but I would like to own models of cars that I have driven/owned. Let the other companies make the models that they currently focus on (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, BMW, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Porsche etc) and let's get a manufacturer that will make mainstream Honda, Nissan, VW and the like.

#6 ·
I have been eyeing 43s lately. Spark is my favorite, but it would be great to see GTS come in and try to contend. I know their thing is Porsche, but with Mercedes, BMW and Bentley think of all the race cars they could do.

I would be more interested in them doing 43s than 12s.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have been eyeing 43s lately. Spark is my favorite, but it would be great to see GTS come in and try to contend. I know their thing is Porsche, but with Mercedes, BMW and Bentley think of all the race cars they could do.

I would be more interested in them doing 43s than 12s.
I couldn't agree more, Jon.
Frankly, I think that GTS would sell more 43s than 12s.

#9 ·
APEX is doing these. And they should be out soon. I have been waiting a long time for these. I know they are doing the V8 sedan, Utes and I think an HSV. Some are open, some are not...which is very strange. I will try and get more info.

#12 ·
I saw that too but had not seen ANY other information and hadn't even heard of them until I stumbled on a PreOrder. I was very skeptical and impatient to see if they were real at the same time. LOL

If they do produce them, it would be cool to see the North American counterpart as well.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not being a collector of 1:43 I Sam only making this comment based on what I have seen at a cursory glance,, it it seems that 1:43 is already heavily catered for isn't it? Seems almost anything you'd want to collect already exists in 1:43 there seems to be significantly greater choice in that scale than 1:18. So is there really a need for more?

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not being a collector of 1:43 I Sam only making this comment based on what I have seen at a cursory glance,, it it seems that 1:43 is already heavily catered for isn't it? Seems almost anything you'd want to collect already exists in 1:43 there seems to be significantly greater choice in that scale than 1:18. So is there really a need for more?
It's not about having more. It's about having competition. Right now, Spark has the corner on the market where 1:43 is concerned. But, Spark's offerings usually command a premium price. The only other real competitor for 1:43 is IXO... but their offerings are hit or miss. It would be great to see those prices driven down by competition.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Minichamps are good, but they are not one of the main contenders in that scale. AUTOart offers a few 1:43 models as well. But, most of the mainstream model manufacturers like AUTOart and Minichamps focus predominately on the 1:18 scale.

While there are many brands to choose from in the 1:43 scale, Spark and IXO are the leaders. Don't get me wrong, I think 1:18 definitely needs a better variety, as well as more competitive prices; however, someone like GTS could really do wonders for the 1:43 scale as well.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good on you for setting this thread up Matt. I only have a limited number of 43's. But I would certainly consider buying more if a great manufacturer like GTS started making them at more affordable prices.

#26 ·
being a huge fan of the Porsche marque, I've been really happy with their selections thus far. I only have 3, but they've so far been pretty much perfect.

Can't wait to add more. Also, I believe a collector known as Impression was a former member here...from what I've read, he is the driving force behind GTS.

#32 ·
My petition is please diversify beyond BMW and Porsche. I would like to see some more challenging subject matter. 911's and BMW's are rather dull, I would love to see this company tackle the high end supercars that MR, BBR, Peako, and Frontiart do and do them at a much lower price. I am convinced people are getting ripped off paying 500 and 600 and 700 dollars for resin supercars, so it would be interesting to see what a company like GTS could do pricewise. GT spirit seems to be the most "affordable" resin company. So far the biggest reason I have not bought resin, is because I cannot seriously consider paying 600 dollars for a sealed model made from an inferior material to diecast. If GTS or Otto were to do Pagani Zondas for example that looked as good or better as a Peako and charged 150 dollars for them I believe they would have many collectors placing orders.

I am not trying to insult those who like BMW or Porsche, but there are plenty of BMW and Porsche models out there, Pagani is a company that has been under produced in scale models. Also The F type for me please, and the new Vette would be great and the Viper, Challenger Hellcat, Huracan, SLS Black, and if they want to keep doing Porsches, than do a proper street 918!

#33 ·
I agree completely, except someone needs to make the new M3 and M4 ASAP! I can't believe I can buy a 1/18 S-Class Coupe before I can go see the 1/1 at my Mercedes-Benz showroom, yet the M3/M4 are relatively old news and I still can't find a model for either car in any scale? I miss the days when Kyosho released just about every Bimmer and AUTOart had Porsche covered well. Going back to your point, however, I absolutely agree about the need for companies like GT Spirit to make supercars at much more affordable prices than BBR, Frontiart, etc. I look at the $500+ models and those from GTS and OTTO and I just don't get why the former models are worth hundreds of dollars more than the latter.

BTW, I'd love to see them make several of the cars you mentioned, including the Corvette Stingray, Jaguar F-Type, the SRT Viper, Hellcat Challengers and Chargers, etc.

#35 ·
Well guys lets hope that GT spirit does see this, I think they are one of the few that are looking at places like this to hear what collectors have to say. They seem like a company with a lot to offer and a lot to like, now I just wish they would do some non german cars so I could support them some.

#37 · (Edited by Moderator)
I say let's not get happy with the petitions - As much as I like the releases, I would MUCH rather have any of those models mentioned with full-opening features. It's not like GT Spirit models are that cheap anyway.
There are plenty of other manufacturers who are making models with opening features. If you don't like what GT Spirit has to offer, then perhaps you could start a petition to a model manufacturer who caters toward your taste.

I think GT Spirit's prices are very competitive considering what other resin model manufacturers are asking these days. Simply put, models are becoming more and more expensive.

#40 ·
BMW M8 Prototype E31
BMW 850CSi E31
BMW M745i E23 (South Africa version)
BMW 750iL Highline E32
BMW L7 E38
BMW 760Li E66 (prefacelift with styling 101 wheels)
BMW 320iS E30
BMW M5 Touring E34
BMW M5 Touring E61
BMW X5 4.8iS E53
BMW X5M E70
BMW Z4M Roadster E85
BMW M3 CRT Sedan E90