DiecastXchange Forum banner

AUTOart McLaren F1 LM

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Schumifan44 
#1 ·
What do you guys think about this model?
I've seen reviews of it on DX and I think that the details are very nice but the right side compartment and the exhaust compartment that don't open are very disappointing IMHO. So those who have this model please tell me if you would recommend it.
Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#5 ·
It is worth it.

But the AUTOart is light years ahead of it, don't get me wrong they still look good, but the AUTOart is better, the price is a complete rip off imo, but even so.

I'm waiting for the TSM car tbh, then I will decide. I'm not dropping £190 on an AUTOart LM.

#8 ·
I reckon I'd buy one at 150 EUR tbh. I paid £92 for my Black AUTOart F1 new & they were supposedly £200 at the time.

I remember selling Orange UT's for £150 on several occasions, now that it scary!

#9 ·
I would say the AUTOart F1 LM is definitely worth it. I got mine for about $250 before shipping.

Obviously the AUTOart has tons and tons of details that the UT doesn't, but I think the most important difference is that AUTOart got the proportions and the shape of the nose right, while the UT is way off.

The AUTOart LM's build quality is excellent as well. The doors feel and work much better than AUTOart's F1 roadcar. The panel gaps look slightly wider, but I think that's just the color of the car making it seem that way.

I do plan to grab the TSM F1 LM XP1 when it is released as well, and I'll be sure to compare them. I think both will be excellent models.

#10 ·
I would also say the AUTOart F1 LM is the superior model: better fine detail, and the door hinges aren't the fragile ball-and-socket joints on the UT, which is important if you like being able to open doors and compartments.

If you shop on eBay, have a look at the sold listings, so you'll know how much they sell for. Also, try making an offer on the listings that have it as an option.

#11 ·
It's a stunner to be sure, but I really don't know why they didn't have the rear hatch opening, as the Gran Turismo version has a big spoiler and that opens....

#13 ·
My guess on the sealed rear hatch is that getting it on/off with that big wing in the way would be difficult for most collectors, and would likely result in scratches on the wing supports.

That and I think AUTOart might have just been focusing mostly on what an owner of the 1:1 would open normally, which also explains the sealed right-side panel, since I don't think there's anything important under there, just that big air duct.

Is both an option? AUTOart's regular F1 is about to sell out for good (only black ones left unsold), and the TSM XP1 LM isn't due out for a couple of months still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.