DiecastXchange Forum banner

lazard´s 1/12 motorbike collection; news: Honda CBR 1100 R

64K views 174 replies 24 participants last post by  channabasanna 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I could have not resisted and I have started a new collection of 1/12 motorbike models. I did it becuase I do like the detials of these models. In this topic, I will show all my 1/12 bike models. Now I have only two of them. Here they are.

The first my 1/12 model is 1939 Triumph Tiger 100 made by Minichamps. It is really a great model.

The second my 1/12 model is 1950 Vincent HRD Series C Black Shadow made again by Minichamps. The same holds for this model; it is great.

And here are both the models together:

See less See more
#4 ·
Oh Dusan! Not only are they iconic British bikes, they are simply GORGEOUS!!
Thanks for sharing!

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here are my new additions. They should represent extremes as for prize and quality.

The first one, the low end, is 2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900R made by Automaxx. It is the lowest quality I can accept. It is only a little bit more expensive than 1/12 Maisto or NewRay but far better. The details are fine and sharp. Unforunately, back mirrors are missing and there is no wiring. Here are the photos:

The second one, the high end, is 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S made by Tamiya. It is in fact the original plastic kit, upgraded by better and more detailed front fork and professionally assambled by factory people. The model is rather expensive now (even about 200 EUR + shipping). Fortunately, I was lucky and made an offer to a seller and obtained the model for "only" 150 USD including shipping. Even that it is a lot of money (for me) for a plastic model and I am sure that I will not buy any other model of this kind (plastic). But I am really glad to have this model as a representative sample. The details are really very nice (it has functional rear suspension) and the model is really very lightweight. Here are the photos:

And here are both the models together (their quality seems to be similar!):

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here are my two new additions. They represent the low end in my collection. I bought them because I wanted to know more about their quality. And answer: good for the money.

The first one has already been shown in the forum, it is 2011 KTM RC8 made by Automaxx. The details are fine and sharp. Unfortunately, there is no wiring. Here are the photos:

The second one 2009 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade, made again by Automaxx, in nice HRC (Honda Racing Corporation) color scheme. As for the quality, the model is about the same as KTM. Here are the photos:

And here are both the models together:

#13 ·
The Panigale is fantastic, I really like the detail on it, plus it's such a nice bike to look at

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here are my two new 1/12 bike models.
The first model is 1984 Kawasaki GPZ 900 Ninja made by Wit's. Real bike is a legend because it is the first Ninja but mainly because it is conisdered as the first modern superbike. The model is simply great. What I do like is the typical Kawasaki color scheme. BTW, the same bike but in red was driven by tom Cruise in Top Gun movie (the same bike is also done as a model). Here are photos:

The second model is 2009 Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa made again by Wit's. You know, when the bike was introduced back in 1999, it was the fastest street legal bike produced. The model is again great and rather heavy. Here are photos:

And here are both bikes together. I realy like these models.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is my other model from my 1/12 bike collection. The model has already been shown in this forum but in a different color scheme, Here it is: 2009 BMW K1300R, made by Automaxx, which is BMW´s flagship urban motorcycle. It is a low-end model but the quality is acceptable for me and the model/real bike looks really interestingly and I do like it. Here are the photos:

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is other news in my 1/12 bike collection. It is 1984 Suzuki GSX 1100 S Katana made by Wit's. As model year 1984 was denoted as "E" in the factory, the bike is also denoted as Suzuki GSX 1100 SE Katana. The model is really nice and the color combination suits it well. Here are the photos:

And here is the model with a similar bike model in my model collection already presented above (1984 Kawasaki GPZ 900 Ninja). What a nice duo!

#17 ·
Ha, the Katana! Always had a crush for that bike.
I drove a 1983 GS1100L, which had basically the same (somewhat) frame, and engine (with different heads).

Looks really great, and indeed the paint sheme is looking good, a very nice example of the style then. Plain silver looked great too.

#18 ·
Looks really great, and indeed the paint sheme is looking good, a very nice example of the style then. Plain silver looked great too.
Yes, I like the look of Katana too. Just imagine what people said when they saw it back in 1981 when it appeared. It was very modern bike (both shape and function) for that time.
The silver color is very elegant and classic color for Katana.

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for all the pics Dusan - quite a visual feast!!
Lovin' the Katana -
- and the fantastic details on the AUTOart Commando....
(I have the red, and it's a splendid model indeed!)

#25 ·
Oh that Gold Star DESERVES a gold star Dusan!
Lovely model.....
....also Kudos for your CBX - getting rarer and more expensive by the minute!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.