• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:si

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:33 AM

Hey

So last week I was searching Ebay for Miura models... And I found a good looking Miura SVJ. There were a few of them in purple color..
But there was only one listing from the shop/ retailer which doesen't said MEGA RARE or ULTRA RARE. Since the model is not even rare I decided to go with the shop and not a person..
So I paid a few Euros more then the ULTRA RARE one was...

Today in the morning I recived the package and look how good the packaging was
Posted Image
Not to mention outer box was not high enough and was not flat imho..
So I know this means troubles..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yep, broken :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
The model is so stuning and without paint rush :gaah: :gaah:

How the hell web shop make so bad packaging :gaah:

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Nocky

Nocky

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Interests:Diecast, models, customized cars
  • Favorite Brands:Bburago
  • Proud Citizen of:nz

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:44 AM

How sad! Hope you can get a refund...might be repairable though....

Custom Diecast, Just DO IT!
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   juju396

juju396

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, fast bikes, fast women. =)
  • Favorite Brands:I'll take one of each pls...
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:48 AM

Sorry to see this Igor, looks like the outer shipping box is definitely not deep / shallow enough for packing peanuts to absorb shock during transit.  Did the seller place anything on the sides of the box to prevent movement?  Shipping carefully to survive a nuclear blast is a lost art I tell ya!!!

Since you bought on eBay, hopefully the retailer accepts returns - especially for something that incurred damage due to their negligence of not packing safely.  Shame, that Miura would have been super sweet otherwise...  On the bright side, now you can shop for a Jota!

#4 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,175 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:08 AM

What an idiot, I hope you can get it sorted / get a replacement etc, you should drop them a note to say that they might want to use some packing chips in there etc.

I've noticed a lot lately though that a lot of big sellers don't pack properly - the one on eBay from Greece, car_models are the worst, they're complete crap!!!
Even MCW are not that great, they only use a couple of pieces of Brown paper, nothing else.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,965 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:51 AM

since you have no paint rash and that was your biggest worry, get another one, swap the chassis and send that one back with the broken wheel, while you keep the rash free body and perfect chassis..as you know they will trash it anyways. If you are lucky, they'll just refund you and let you keep it anyways. that's my two cents on it! :twocents: :nice:
Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below :occasion14:

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#6 OFFLINE   Uzair

Uzair

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy and science, diecast, sim racing,
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, Exoto, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:pk

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:55 AM

Sorry for you Igor. Was there any shock absorption material between the two boxes?

And you know, to dredge up an old discussion, this is exactly why I have that standard packing request to any new seller I deal with. I've seen crappy packing from too many private and business sellers, and I absolutely hate dealing with returns :mad2: :mad2: (I have very very little time to spend on packing and shipping back via the post office)

View PostCraig, on 23 February 2015 - 04:08 AM, said:

What an idiot, I hope you can get it sorted / get a replacement etc, you should drop them a note to say that they might want to use some packing chips in there etc.

I've noticed a lot lately though that a lot of big sellers don't pack properly - the one on eBay from Greece, car_models are the worst, they're complete crap!!!
Even MCW are not that great, they only use a couple of pieces of Brown paper, nothing else.

I bought a couple of Exoto 156 F1 models from Otocorsa, and they packed these €600 (each) models inside a box lined only with brown paper, with the two Exoto boxes pressed up next to each other. Luckily no major damage but a part did fall out in one of the cars.

Madness! I told them that this is not right and they replied "we always do like this without problems". Well yeah you ain't getting my business again fellers, I don't want to risk such expensive models to your poor packing :) It is a shame though there are no proper Exoto dealers in the EU.

Edited by Uzair, 23 February 2015 - 04:57 AM.

__________________________________________________________________________________
PROTECT ME FROM WHAT I WANT
Posted Image ;Posted Image
__________________________________________________________________________________

#7 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:27 AM

This is how the model was stucked in the box..
Posted Image

And no other protection in the box. Just empty box.

This is what I get in respond from them:
we are sorry for the damage on the Jota.
Before we find a way, please let me say something:

We send 7000 packages a year and know well how we pack a model.
A wheel inside a styropor box cannot brake because of the packaging. 90 % of the damages are not because of the transport, it`s because of the quality of some manufacturers, especially with Kyosho we are very unhappy!

So i can offer you 3 possibilities.
1. You take care of the model yourself and get a refund on paypal of 25 Euros
2. You send us the model back and get a full refund
3. You take take care of the model yourself and get a voucher for our webshop of 35 Euros

I was like.. DAMN you really know how to proper pack models..

If someone have spare chassis I would love to buy it. I also found a glue trace  but it might be sorted out.
Also I have Jota with a few paint chips and a few missing parts and I might use the Jota wheels if they fit screw on screw to the SVJ.
As Jota have much nicer wheels as SVJ but they are wider.. I will try when I come back from work.
If I can't repair it in a few days I will just return it..

Edited by audirs6, 23 February 2015 - 05:28 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,175 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

Yeah they're talking out of their backside, it broke because of their poor packing, nothing else!!  :rolleyes:

Who was the seller ? I'll be sure not to buy from them.

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Uzair

Uzair

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:46 AM

Igor, why don't you use a standard packing request?

Mine currently looks like this:

You probably already know how to pack very well, so please don't mind my question about the packing. Some sellers have sent models with poor packing to me in the past so I want to know before you ship how you will pack. This is especially important for an expensive Exoto model :)

Can you let me know please how you will pack the model? If you don't mind, I will appreciate if you can cover the Exoto box with some clean paper to protect it from getting dirty, and outside this Exoto box of course there should be some good shock absorption material such as foam peanuts. The shipping box should be strong so it does not transfer the outside forces (such as other packages on top of the box) to the Exoto box. It will also be helpful if you put "fragile" stickers or marks on the shipping box so the postman will know to be careful with it :)

Thank you for your kind understanding and care :)

Kind regards,
Uzair

I have tried to ensure the message is as polite as possible and makes no assumptions, thus my apologies if the seller already knows how to pack well. But I figure I'd rather inform the seller how I expect the item to be packed rather than receive a nasty surprise.

#10 OFFLINE   Schumifan44

Schumifan44

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Supercars(Ferraris especially), Formula 1, Lego
  • Favorite Brands:Maisto/Bburago, Welly, Tamiya, Norev, The older Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of:sg

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

Sellers these days... :rolleyes: Hope you get this problem fixed ASAP.

#11 OFFLINE   Rafael Oliveira

Rafael Oliveira

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of:pt

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

Igor, that's a shame as the color of the model seems great, I do have the same version but in silver, the only thing I don't like about it is the shutlines.
These are relatively new models with no more than a year or a year and a half, if I were you I'd return it and get another one from somewhere else, I'm pretty sure none that you buy will have paint rash.
I also think the seller might have shipped the model with the wheel already broken...

I completely disagree with Craig.

View PostCraig, on 23 February 2015 - 04:08 AM, said:

car_models is one of the best out there, I've bought around 30 models from them and not an issue to report, other members in here have had good experiences (perfect transactions) with this seller. Models are always individually wrapped with plastic bubble wrap and the empty space on the boxes is always filled with styrofoam peanuts.

View PostUzair, on 23 February 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

I bought a couple of Exoto 156 F1 models from Otocorsa, and they packed these €600 (each) models inside a box lined only with brown paper, with the two Exoto boxes pressed up next to each other. Luckily no major damage but a part did fall out in one of the cars.

Madness! I told them that this is not right and they replied "we always do like this without problems". Well yeah you ain't getting my business again fellers, I don't want to risk such expensive models to your poor packing :) It is a shame though there are no proper Exoto dealers in the EU.

On the other hand I once bought a an Exoto 246 F1 from Otocorsa too...guess what, windshield cracked! I had asked them to verify the model prior to shipping, I bet they didn't, it would be hard to miss this problem. The model was shipped in a somewhat tight box with no space for styrofoam or anything else.
"If you have the money to buy an AUTOart, why don't you buy an Exoto?"

Wanted alive, reward on delivery:

Exoto Ford GT40 mkII #7 silver
AUTOart Nissan GTR R35 silver with optional matte black wheels (code #77391)
Kyosho Ferrari 308 GTS red
Kyosho Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupé blue

#12 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,175 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:02 AM

car_models are complete rubbish!!
Maybe they use packing chips etc now, but whenever I've bought I'd get a small piece of bubble wrap on the models box & a Yellow DHL shipping box cut down to fit round it, so there was no space at all. No protection offered at all (seriously what protection  is one small piece of bubble going to offer ??) & oh look, broken models because their packing sucked!
They're another seller I'd never buy from again.

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   Rafael Oliveira

Rafael Oliveira

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

Don't know how many models you bought from them, but I'm betting you didn't buy more than 1 or 2 and maybe had very bad luck. As I told you, I've bought some 30 models and had no problems, and usually they double wrap each model.

#14 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,175 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:01 AM

I had a few times - every time with a problem, so why would I keep giving them my money ? They may as well have just thrown them into a wall.
Not to mention one Porsche that came covered in brick dust  :rolleyes:  "oh yeah, we're doing refurbishments & forgot to move the models out of the way" Oh great!!!
Sellers like that do not deserve my money.

Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   littlerockshhd

littlerockshhd

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,906 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:01 AM

I think that I would take the $25 refund and fix the wheel. It should be fine with a little well placed epoxy glue. :occasion14:

#16 OFFLINE   DC4ME

DC4ME

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, BBR, Auto Art and many more.
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostRafael Oliveira, on 23 February 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

Don't know how many models you bought from them, but I'm betting you didn't buy more than 1 or 2 and maybe had very bad luck. As I told you, I've bought some 30 models and had no problems, and usually they double wrap each model.

I do not believe buying 1 or 2 models makes a difference. Getting 1 with bad packaging is not acceptable. You may think they are the best but Craig has every reason not to.
Gilles

#17 OFFLINE   Rafael Oliveira

Rafael Oliveira

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostDC4ME, on 23 February 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

View PostRafael Oliveira, on 23 February 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

I do not believe buying 1 or 2 models makes a difference. Getting 1 with bad packaging is not acceptable. You may think they are the best but Craig has every reason not to.

Well of course getting a model with bad packging, but when you buy as many models as I bought and always with excellent packaging without a single problem to account for, I'd say it's a very good seller, unlike many other that I find on ebay and some other places, including famous modelshops, and that's why I find it all very weird what Craig says.

#18 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,175 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:45 AM

I guess it depends how long you've been buying from them for? Maybe they've sorted things out?

All I know is that when I bought from them, they never packed a model properly. Even when I bought expensive items from them, they never bothered to pack well. I wish I had some pictures to show you just how bad things were, sadly I've deleted them along time ago. Like I say though, I will never buy from them again, they had their chance.

Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostCraig, on 23 February 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

Yeah they're talking out of their backside, it broke because of their poor packing, nothing else!!  :rolleyes:

Who was the seller ? I'll be sure not to buy from them.

Yeah, it is clearly due to poor packaging.. Or the wheel was glued before.
This is the shop: http://www.kleine-klassiker.de/

The thing is this model will not be original anymore. I'm not sure if I'm OK with that. Will see how the wheels of Jota will fit.
But if the wheels will be Okay I will accept the 25Eur refund because I'm not sure if I want to spend some more money somewhere where they can't properly pack the model for shipping :)
Loosing 25Eur for the shipping costs back.. I'm not so sure..

#20 OFFLINE   Rafael Oliveira

Rafael Oliveira

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:21 AM

They won't pay for the shipping back? Now that's a crap...it's their fault, they should pay for it. I also had a case where the shop didn't want to pay for the shipping back even though they had sent the wrong model!! (sz-modellshop/carvision2000 on ebay) Eventually I sold the model they sent and didn't buy again from them.

#21 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,175 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:21 AM

Igor, ask them for a return shipping label.

Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

Nope, they will not cover shipping :(

#23 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,175 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

That's rubbish! :sad:

Posted Image

#24 OFFLINE   Uzair

Uzair

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

In some ways this is a tough hobby not just for us buyers but for all stakeholders due to the delicate nature of the items being traded. A certain percentage of items will always suffer damage during transit and hence the dealers and manufacturers have to deal with extra shipping cost as well as cost of repairing or discarding damaged models. All this cost overhead is of course passed on to the customers in the form of higher model prices, otherwise the manufacturers and dealers would go out of business.

Therefore it behooves each seller, especially business dealers, to make sure they pack well. Their negligence leads to wastefulness and higher prices for us, and can only harm the business.

Edited by Uzair, 23 February 2015 - 10:04 AM.

#25 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,175 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

Exactly, packing properly is not difficult.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use