DiecastXchange Forum banner

Modell Paradies and Responsibility

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Kevinvh6 
#1 ·
Hello,

I bought a high end and expensive model from Modell Paradies / Art Craft Model - CMC 1:18 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B LM Chassis.
Need to mention that before that I bought around 8-9 models from this seller and for this purchase I used 10% discount from PLEASE SUPPORT **THIS** COMMUNITY!.

The model is gorgeous and breath taking arrived damaged. I contacted them few times via e-mail and when I didn't get answer after 2nd e-mail letter I contacted CMC Germany. CMC Germany replied to me that they can not do anything about it but I asked them to see what they can do about the seller. After that Modell Paradies finally replied saying that they are sorry and nothing can be done because this model is sold out everywhere. But when you check their website they have it in stock ( WTF?! ). And even if it was not in stock they should have asked me if I want to return this model. Which I want to in exchange for another CMC. I replied to them 2 times after that but got no reply ever since.

Here are the photos. The model is beautiful but has many problems: in 3 places tubes aren't connecting, two tubes fell off and finally the front tubes that imitate Alfa grill are way off center!

See less See more
#3 ·
I was wondering if that was the seller you purchased from. Sorry to hear they won't do the right thing but unfortunately I'm not surprised. I also had a poor purchasing experience with them so won't bother dealing with them again.

#5 ·
Sorry to hear about your trouble Sanchez. I don't like such dealers, and https://modell-paradies.de/ are shooting themselves in the foot by developing a bad reputation in the community.
Surprised to see so many people who have had bad experience with them. Always seemed like a trustworthy and established dealer.
In your opinion guys should CMC help me in any way?
I received the model in a sealed box so this is a factory thing.

#7 ·
That sucks, but I must say that looks like the MOST fragile model I have ever seen, so I am not surprised at it having some damage even CMC screws up sometimes. I would try to get a full refund for sure and maybe buy this one in person so you can be sure it does not get damaged in transit. Best wishes with your outcome.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
I do understand your problem, but Modell-Paradies should have done the exchange for you under German law. Sadly CMC in Fellbach was completly sold out before the model was released in September, One of the problems was that there was no clear instructions about how to remove the model from the packaging. Usually CMC doesn't use screws to hold the model in the packaging and some dealers didn't pass on the warning. and people would try to just pull the model out of the package like they are used too, which would sadly break the struts, If Model-Paradies still has stock then they should send you a replacement. I don't know the store and am not responsible for sales, and sadly can't help you any further. Actually I even have one where the strut was broken and had to get someone to glue the model for me.....

#11 ·
Thank you for replying here. As I mentioned the box was sealed when I received the model. So this is how the model came from the factory. I did not pull the model with force and broke any strut / wire / tube. I treated this model with big accuracy. I understand that this model is sold out and I would accept exchange for another model of the same value if possible. In the end this is QC problem / poor engineering from CMC in my humble opinion even if this miniature is returned to Modell Paradies they will demand compensation from your company right?

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thats good.

It really bothers me when a company doesn't deny an issue can be caused by them in the case of factory sealed then refuse to replace it or fix it. It also seems odd in these cases they can't fix something. I mean you can take a car in real life back to get fixed buy they can't correct problems due to their manufacturing on a model? Major bummer this is acceptable by most companies. Luckily the seller is going to step up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.