GTS 964 RSR 3.8 Martini Damage - Update 07/09/15

40 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 581 posts
  • Favorite Brands:ALL HAVE SOMETHING GOOD!
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

Since I didn't see a section for GT Spirit in Diecast Disasters, I'm posting here (Otto).  Sorry if it's in the wrong spot.  I just received my Martini 911 and it had a few problems.  Anyone else received theirs like this?

1. The rear strut for the wing broke.
2. There is excess red paint on the passenger front fender.
3. There is excess red paint on the front bumper.
4. The windshield wiper fell off.

Attached Files

Edited by bmp118, 09 July 2015 - 06:37 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   littlerockshhd

littlerockshhd

• DX Moderator
  • Pip
  • 4,034 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:27 PM

Can you remove that paint with a little NPR of car wax?

#3 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:52 PM

View Postlittlerockshhd, on 29 June 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

Can you remove that paint with a little NPR of car wax?
I was going to try just a touch of thinner, but when I started looking at it more, I found more issues.  The passenger side headlight looks like off to me with the extra piece on the bottom and some of the decal are crooked.  I have several GT Spirit models and have been fortunate enough to not have any issues with them.  I really like the company, so hopefully this is just a random QC issue, although I do think it's funny the little card with the QC stamp was the first thing to fall out!

#4 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 4,426 posts
  • Interests:1/18 scale die cast, collecting and customizing.
  • Favorite Brands:Racers

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

It's like a home run by the visiting team.

Throw it back!
Threadkiller

Crowded Elevator smell differently to Blind Midget.

It's just there so I won't get banned.

No sé donde estaré mañana.

#5 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:10 PM

View Postibj40, on 29 June 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

It's like a home run by the visiting team.

Throw it back!
Ha!  Or like Hample with A-Rod.

#6 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,429 posts
  • Interests:Family. Diecast. LFC. Movies. Top Gear UK.
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:04 AM

Was is bought direct from GTS? Very bad QC indeed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#7 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostDave7872, on 30 June 2015 - 04:04 AM, said:

Was is bought direct from GTS? Very bad QC indeed.
Direct from GTS.  I sent them an email with pics yesterday. This will be my first return/exchange with them, so we'll see how responsive they will be.

#8 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,429 posts
  • Interests:Family. Diecast. LFC. Movies. Top Gear UK.
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:55 PM

From what I have read around here, GTS after sales service is very good. Fingers crossed you get a good replacement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#9 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 581 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

Hey guys.  I received this response from GTS:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting us. You have our sincerest apologies for the model you have received, as it is not at all up to the standard of quality that we try to meet.
Unfortunately an exchange is impossible; we do not ship products back from the United States. What I can propose however is the following:
  • A discount of 20% on your order in which the Martini arrived (21,58€), which would come in the form of a code for you to use for your next GT Spirit purchase.
  • The sending of all the spare parts that you require to repair the model yourself, as well as instructions on how to remove the traces of paint that are on the front bonnet and under the front light (as well as instructions for how to repair the various elements that are broken on the model).
If this seems like a reasonable solution to you please let me know and I will do the necessary to ensure that the above bullet points are put into effect.
Bien cordialement, Best regards, Freundliche Grüße, Cordialmente,

Ranulf

Service Après Vente
GT Spirit
1 Rue Georges Le Berd
56120 Josselin
France
+33 (0)297757754

I didn't know they don't take returns from the US.  Anyone else have this issue?

Edited by bmp118, 01 July 2015 - 03:30 PM.

#10 ONLINE   ocz4life

ocz4life

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 822 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:rs

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

It is something and this looks like it can be repaired. You can pretty easily remove all excess paint with nail polish remover without acetone (to be on a safe side) but in my opinion if they really care about their customers as they are saying they should absolutely send you another model and you'd also keep this one as they don't accept their products shipped back. P.S you're also missing red front spoiler/lip on front bumper. I'm really sorry for what you have received, this looks like a beautiful model

Edited by ocz4life, 01 July 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 581 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:21 PM

View Postocz4life, on 01 July 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

It is something and this looks like it can be repaired. You can pretty easily remove all excess paint with nail polish remover without acetone (to be on a safe side) but in my opinion if they really care about their customers as they are saying they should absolutely send you another model and you'd also keep this one as they don't accept their products shipped back. P.S you're also missing red front spoiler/lip on front bumper. I'm really sorry for what you have received, this looks like a beautiful model
I was thinking the same thing.  I don't necessarily mind fixing some of the issues, but their offer doesn't seem very genuine.  I pre-ordered the model, received it with many defects and have been a repeat customer.  To me if they were sincere in their initial offer as other vendors have been, I would gladly accept something a little more in line with the issues the model has and chalked it up to a random incident. Now I have some questions going forward.  And I really like the subject matter they have now and in the future, so it bothers me that they are not a little more fair in their offer: in essence spend more so we can take 20% off your next order.  Not cool.

#12 OFFLINE   tdc917

tdc917

• DX Community
  • 49 posts
  • Favorite Brands:exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:40 PM

This makes me nervous, guess I better open up my one.

#13 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:22 PM

I recently got 4 of 9 GTS models with issues/defects.  Being that I bought them from another vendor, GTS told me to pound sand.  Fortunately I got a nice discount back(from CK, not GTS) and was able to 'rescue' some of the issues on the others.  They did offer to take them back entirely.  None of them were anything like that model, which is absolutely unacceptable.  I can not believe they only offer a pittance off for a direct order(a pre-order that funded its production no less).

I would offer them that I repair it myself for time paid ~3.5 hours @75.00/hour=$262.00 discount.

Sprue mounting tab on headlight, red paint everywhere(probably from the spoiler bouncing around), broken part, crooked BOSCH decal passenger side, scratched/scraped SHELL decal driver side, and the wiper.  A lot of it probably came from the broken spoiler and an Ace Ventura delivery man, but just the headlight tab would make me nuts. Damage could of easily happened from production shipping to GTS in France as it did from them to you.  Glad to see they offer parts so you can build the model correctly yourself(if you can take it apart without damage).

Not to pile on, but I can not believe they just don't send out a replacement.  According to them, this is almost 'normal' for their QC standards based on the 'solution'.  Really, a $25 coupon to the next purchase?  What happens if that comes in damaged?  All of my GTS cars with issues came with QC cards as well...And none were possibly shipping related(like your headlight surround)

My last 4 issues were:

930 slant nose, dimple in the mold on the hood.  Minor but impossible to fix
930 slant nose, acetate window slightly bent at the rear, paint smears.  I got this one cleaned up and back to 95% percent, but in my 'time' it cost me more then the model did.
964 turbo lightweight, driver side headlight crooked in the mount(clocked about 10 degrees off center).  very carefully broke it free and fixed it.
911 1988 club sport, black trim paint smears in a lot of places.  Removed them with a toothpick.

*As a note, to protect the paint(which the color coat comes off even with the slightest compound), first try a standard round wood toothpick to gently rub off any stray trim paint before resorting to abrasives/chemicals.

What cracks me up is the email where they lead with this line

"Thank you for contacting us. You have our sincerest apologies for the model you have received, as it is not at all up to the standard of quality that we try to meet."

Meaning they gave you a completely defective model, then the banquet of bullshit ensues.

GTS better mind themselves to not get too comfortable.  And all of this after their recent price hike.

I would consider the coupon a nice offer if it were only the headlight.  On a white model, this could be carefully shaved off with a razor blade and be none the worse for wear. With their shipping account, I'm sure they could get reimbursed for the shipping damage.

Edited by kevinb120, 01 July 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 581 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:00 AM

I wrote them back last night:

Thank you for your offer, but frankly I find it somewhat distasteful. I have been a repeat customer with GT Spirit along with your sister company Otto (15+ models) for a few years now and was lead to believe in the various diecast forums that your customer service was very good. I have been fortunate in that the models I have received in the past were without major flaws, but this one seems quite poor in terms of defects. An offer for a reduced rate on a future purchase is not very encouraging. I respectfully request you propose a better solution to this issue.

We'll see what they say.  I'm trying to be nice as possible as I really do like the company and models they produce, but my confidence is starting to erode.

#15 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:10 AM

Ironically,  my CK voucher and additional discount on my next order from my defective cars WAS going to be used for the same GTS 964 (ending up being about $40 shipped...)

Then the NewMan 956 showed up available this morning...

Hopefully they sort this all out with you. Did you order just the one car where they ship it in that exact-fit outer basic box or did they have it in another padded box??

#16 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 581 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

It was just a one car order with the exact fit outer box.

#17 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

I hate that they use those, all impacts transfer directly to the interior clamshell.  I usually order multiples(to save on shipping and get pick of two each for myself) and sell the extra, so it's also packed in another larger box.

When I ebay the 'spares', I put the whole setup in another box with peanuts.

#18 OFFLINE   g3org3y

g3org3y

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,018 posts
  • Interests:Bavarian Motor Works
  • Favorite Brands:Anything BMW flavoured
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

bmp118, I agree - that is not a suitable resolution and I think your response is fair. This is especially given the case that you've been a loyal customer.

Ultimately, it shouldn't be your problem to have to fix models or make repairs so they are as they should be from the factory.

The fact that your are in the US is irrelevant. Is there a line in the T&Cs that state no exchanges outside of Europe? You've ordered direct from them and imvho they have a duty to provide the product you have paid for.

I would expect a replacement sent. Do not settle. Let us know how you get on.
:adore:Posted Image Because fanboy.

#19 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,273 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:50 PM

View Postbmp118, on 02 July 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

It was just a one car order with the exact fit outer box.
That really winds me up !! Every one I've bought singularly has had the red box come dented up on the corners  :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#20 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 581 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

Well my 850csi arrived today and in perfect condition with just a very small dent on the box.  Makes me believe the 964 is just a random QC issue that GTS should readily replace....

Attached Files

#21 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:26 AM

Confidence restored!  I received a personal call from Christine this morning, head of world wide sales for GTS.  She was extremely apologetic for the initial response from Ranulf and offered to send a replacement model.  She stated GTS has had some production problems with this particular model, but they have corrected the issues.  I explained to her my background (not a re-seller, just an avid individual collector) and my concern for future purchases, especially with some of the great subject matter scheduled to come out (the E90 and F80 M3s, RUF and RWB).  She again apologized and was overall very sincere.  Thanks guys for all the feedback.  Let's hope the replacement arrives with no issues.

#22 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,273 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:32 AM

Good news! Best of luck with the replacement :hope:

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#23 OFFLINE   jusali

jusali

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Too many to choose from

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:52 AM

View Postbmp118, on 03 July 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

Confidence restored!  I received a personal call from Christine this morning, head of world wide sales for GTS.  She was extremely apologetic for the initial response from Ranulf and offered to send a replacement model.  She stated GTS has had some production problems with this particular model, but they have corrected the issues.  I explained to her my background (not a re-seller, just an avid individual collector) and my concern for future purchases, especially with some of the great subject matter scheduled to come out (the E90 and F80 M3s, RUF and RWB).  She again apologized and was overall very sincere.  Thanks guys for all the feedback.  Let's hope the replacement arrives with no issues.

Good settlement, all it takes is getting in touch with the right person sometimes.

#24 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:49 PM

I would think they would of done that right off, but it always pays to be politely persistent.  Definitely GTS went the right path, figured they would do the obviously right thing with the right person seeing the problem.  I have confidence in the resellers I buy them from, good to know GTS will stand up for mistakes from direct purchases as well. :yahoo:

#25 OFFLINE   g3org3y

g3org3y

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,018 posts
  • Interests:Bavarian Motor Works
  • Favorite Brands:Anything BMW flavoured

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:53 AM

Great news. Customer service is so important in this hobby. Hope it all works out OK. This is why I have no qualms recommending GT Spirit.
:adore:Posted Image Because fanboy.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use