CreepyVanMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,664 posts
  • Interests:Racing (all kinds) and Snowboarding
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, TSM, Spark
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:19 AM

Wow, I honestly can't wait to buy a GT Spirit model because of their customer service ha. I just something to come out that fits my theme.
"I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I am good at everything." -Demetri Martin

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 ONLINE   sergio

sergio

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 712 posts
  • Number of Models:250+
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, TSM, Minichamps, Spark, Exoto, HPI, UTModels, Action, Maisto,
  • Proud Citizen of:sr

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:12 AM

Whoohoo i got damage Too! :gaah:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

Wing broke free and tore up the decals. TSM learned this lesson some time ago and package large wings as separate pieces.

#29 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,512 posts
  • Interests:Family. Diecast. LFC. Movies. Top Gear UK.
  • Favorite Brands:If its a Porsche... It'll do me!!
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:57 PM

Shocking to see so many with damage. My arrived yesterday. But happy to report no damage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#30 ONLINE   sergio

sergio

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 712 posts
  • Number of Models:250+
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, TSM, Minichamps, Spark, Exoto, HPI, UTModels, Action, Maisto,
  • Proud Citizen of:sr

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

Well bad luck im getting a replacement so fingers crossed on that one.
I wonder how many of the 2000 went undamaged.
I gues those who survives are the pretty rare ones eventually.

#31 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,512 posts
  • Interests:Family. Diecast. LFC. Movies. Top Gear UK.
  • Favorite Brands:If its a Porsche... It'll do me!!
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:58 PM

My local seller may be a little slow, But on the plus side with them, They always take the model out the box to check it before they bring it to my house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#32 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 566 posts
  • Favorite Brands:ALL HAVE SOMETHING GOOD!

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:21 AM

Well I received another email from GTS.  Very different:

Dear XXX,

First of all, you have my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have been waiting on the final answer from my employer regarding your case.

As my colleague Christine indicated to you on the phone a few days ago we had hoped to be able to send you a non-numbered model in order for you to simply exchange the number plate on the underside of the car. Unfortunately the final answer from my employer was negative for this solution.

He has given me the solution however of increasing the discount I offered you before to 50% (53,95€) as well as sending you the spare parts you might need. You will find the necessary discount code below, valid for a period of a year as from today and for a total of 53,95€.

Should you have any issues using it please let me know; alternatively you can contact the GT Spirit Club (cs@gts-models.com).

Regarding the repairs of your model I have opened a file for you on our system, and will be sending you a new strut for the spoiler as well as a windscreen wiper. As for the paint damage on the front bonnet, you will need a small quantity of acetone and a cotton bud/make-up wipe. Dip the cotton bud in the acetone and rub the surface of the car where the paint spots are. Be careful to not have too much acetone on the cotton as it will otherwise dribble down and potentially damage the plastic elements of the model (the varnish protects the paint but not the plastic, unfortunately). Once the marks have been removed gently clean the model with a soft fabric cloth to remove any remaining marks.

I’m sorry that this is not the solution you had necessarily hoped for; however as you can imagine, it is my employer who has the final say in matters like these.

#33 OFFLINE   jusali

jusali

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Too many to choose from
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:26 AM

50% hmmm not bad or can you return for full refund?

#34 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 566 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:49 AM

So here's my response:

Ranulf,

I have a few issues with this matter in its entirety, so please give me a moment to highlight a few key points.

GTS sent me a damaged /defective model. In most cases, a replacement model would be sent and we would both be happy, but clearly this is not happening.

Initially you stated you do not allow returns from the US and offered to send replacement parts and offered 20% discount on one future purchase.

At this point, I have not been compensated for what is now a damaged model that I have to fix. Offering a discount on future purchases is not compensation for a damaged model.

Christine then called an offered to send a replacement model. I was not told that she would have to obtain approval by someone else to send a replacement. If Christine was not authorized to make that offer, she certainly should not have made it to me.

Now you notify me that your employer will not send a replacement and offer a 50% discount on one future purchase and the replacement parts to fix myself.

Now I am becoming more frustrated with this process as a whole.

This is what I believe should happen. If you will not replace the item, you refund me a portion of the sale of the defective item to compensate me for the damaged/defective item. This solves the initial problem, as I still do have the item, but it is still damaged and in need of repair.

Then as a sign of quality customer service and to show how sincere you are, you offer a discount on future purchases. In my opinion, that is how you fix this issue.

The back and forth emails, miscommunications, and general delays are not helping your company’s image. I eagerly anticipate your response.

Sincerely,

XXX

#35 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,980 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:56 PM

Them are some fighting words. This whole "discounts on future purchases" thing is pretty cheap, yeah
Wes

#36 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 566 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:56 PM

Received another response from GTS:

Following further discussions with my employer as soon as I saw your response, and to avoid further complications with this situation, we will be reimbursing you for the totality of your order for 1x Porsche 911 RSR Martini, and you can keep the model. I have drawn up the documents necessary to complete this reimbursement and will be handing them into the accounting department this evening.

On a side-note, if you would still like the spare parts for your model in order to repair it please let me know and I will send them to you as soon as possible.

I would like to extend the sincerest apologies of the company for this situation, as well as the frustration caused, and hope that the above actions prove that sincerity.

Bien cordialement, Best regards, Freundliche Grüße, Cordialmente,

Ranulf

Edited by bmp118, 09 July 2015 - 06:57 PM.

#37 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:23 PM

Very nice. Now let's hope he doesn't message you back saying actually they can't because some boss didn't approve the action
Wes

#38 OFFLINE   technica

technica

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ricko... Anything goes!
  • Proud Citizen of:sg

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

Just came across this disaster. Looks like they finally stepped up in their sincerity after a few rounds of back and forth. I have one ordered from a local contact but have yet to received. The QC for this model looks horrible. I hope I will not receive a defective one as my local contact is extremely bad in handling returns.

Check out my custom works at Technica's Portfolio.
Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   g3org3y

g3org3y

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Interests:Bavarian Motor Works
  • Favorite Brands:Anything BMW flavoured
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:29 AM

View PostStratosWRC, on 09 July 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

Very nice. Now let's hope he doesn't message you back saying actually they can't because some boss didn't approve the action

Indeed. It's a good offer. Though I can't help feeling just sending a replacement immediately would have solved the situation straight away with a happy conclusion. Was it simply because of the postage posts to the US (I doubt they don't have enough spares?).

Edited by g3org3y, 13 July 2015 - 05:05 AM.

:adore:Posted Image Because fanboy.

#40 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:41 AM

Most likely this is it
Wes

#41 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 566 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:30 PM

I'm not sure what the reason is, but postage from the US is very expensive.  That's why I could see at least refunding something from the very beginning, not just offering a percentage off my next purchase.  I really hope this is just a one time incident as they have some really exciting models coming out soon.  Just an FYI - I did get my money back, but with the exchange rates I lost $3.  Oh well not bad after all was said and done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use