DiecastXchange Forum banner

New CMC Ferrai 250 GTO will launch soon

16K views 82 replies 26 participants last post by  Craig 
#1 ·
Someone inside the factory just sent me a photo of prototype. They said it will sell on October. Does anybody feel interested?

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks for sharing hby - you certainly started a discussion!
I'd like to believe, but it just looks a bit clunky for CMC
and of course there's the licensing issue!

#12 ·
These look crap, what are they ?
They look like some cheap Chinese knock offs.

#15 ·
What's weird is that it has those hood latches that are on the testarossa and the belts look good too. It looks like that front latch lifts open too. If anything, it might be a pre-production prototype. I was never really happy with the Kyosho version. Owned one but I was planning to get the Exoto if and when it ever came out. But two questions remain: why these colours and how without the license? Unless it's like the HWE LaFerrari where they squeeze one last one in before the license ends.

#20 ·
Well considering the OP has 11 posts mostly in this thread it is impossible to give credibility to this claim based on what we know about CMC and the Ferrari License. Either the OP is full of it or CMC is, you decide for yourself who to believe. A twenty year old company with a sterling reputation or a newbie with 11 posts and in "inside source". My mind is made up. For the sake of the hobby however I hope I am wrong as I know more than a few DXers who would rejoice at a CMC 250 GTO.

#21 ·
Sorry, don't mean to be offensive to the OP, but his statements are way too teasing, way too short and cryptic and mysterious to have any credibility. I suggest locking this thread until we have further evidence. Who is the OP? What is his link to CMC?

I can't stand this "mysterious" attitude, it may be cool in a movie about vampires or detectives, but not in a forum whose very purpose is sharing of information.

#22 ·
I doubt very much that this is a model by CMC or even an early prototype by CMC, simply because I don't think CMC as a business would go through the trouble of announcing that they no longer have Ferrari's licensing and then sell off the remainder of their stock, to then have a prototype in the pipeline with a release date of October ?... Doesn't make the company look good in my opinion so I doubt this to be true!!

It may be a BBR ? But even then they done away with Diecast models some time ago ?

#23 ·
Maybe it's just a reissue of the Kyosho with new colors. As most have said it is very unlikely to be a CMC because of the lost license but it also lacks the quality of either CMC or Exoto, especially knowing that the Exoto 250 GTO will be an XS line. On the other hand the way the OP is giving us information reminds me a bit of the so called president of a certain company...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.