#1 OFFLINE   blanchimont

blanchimont

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 246 posts
  • Favorite Brands:UT
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:49 AM

I know there's been a lot of threads regarding AUTOart's price hike of late, and as someone who has to deal with manufacturing in China I have sympathized with AUTOart to a certain extent because the Chinese Labour/Manufacturing have changed significantly in the past few years.

Having said that, I feel outraged at the complete lack of quality control for the prices they are charging.

My three most recent AUTOart purchases have been almost comical:

- BAC Mono : Failed to install the right suspension part. It wasn't broken, just simply not installed from the beginning.
Posted Image

- Bugatti Veyron Malcolm Campbell: Steering Wheel installed upside down
Posted Image

- Delorean DMC-12: Missing rear license plate (photos not available because I sold the model as-is to another collector)

Autoart has been public about their struggles against labor rates in China and raw material costs.

They have also been very vocal about how difficult it is to produce some of the new techniques (Veyron Polished finish, the infamous Delorean Stainless hairline, composite models).

I applaud AUTOart for trying new things and applying new technology into our field; however, these quality issues have nothing to do with labor rates or new technology.

These are simple, basic, fundamental quality control that is non-existent.

I can't believe that my bad batch is just bad luck. I've seen broken parts, scratches, paint blemishes in the past, but not errors like this.

This is just ignorant while they charge $300+(Veyron), $200(Delorean), $150(BAC).

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Captain Mars

Captain Mars

• DX Community
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Automotive, Music, Photography
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, GT Spirit, Kyosho, Ignition Models
  • Proud Citizen of:ph

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:32 AM

I've been fortunate enough to receive most of my Autoart models without much errors, and perhaps another good thing is that the hobby shop I frequent to lets me choose the good ones over the bad. But still, for the price Autoart is asking for, it is unacceptable that there are grave errors in their models. It is perhaps the reason why some, including myself, have been buying more resins lately.
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   ssiddi2

ssiddi2

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:39 AM

personally, qc has never been an issue with any of the autoart models i own.  in fact, its probably the only brand i could say this about.  i feel your frustration though.

#4 ONLINE   Venom

Venom

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,548 posts
  • Interests:Scale models, videogames, 3d modeling, aviation, anime, R/C models
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Spark, Ignition Models, HPI, GT Spirit

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:21 AM

Count me in as another who has had very few QC issues with AUTOart. Most all of my AUTOart's that were not perfect were due to shipping. I do know the feeling of having a model arrive with parts missing though.
Posted Image

#5 ONLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 5,000 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:08 AM

I agree with above,  most of my Autoarts didnt have defects...but a steering upside down...thats a bad error :dunno:

#6 ONLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,957 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:44 AM

Good thing I don't buy autoarts anymore
Wes

#7 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,657 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:55 PM

I havenot bought one for a long time because paint rash tired me out. But the flaws you encountered are unacceptable. No ones did QC check or the person fell sleep?

#8 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,917 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:47 PM

It's only human error in the end and hopefully what is installed upside down can be corrected.

Does it suck that an error shows like that at a $300 cost....yes. Should they do better - yes. But honestly their production lines are huge. Error is bound to happen. Its a 1:10 ratio when it comes down to it. And out of 3000 unit run its minimal to them. If the issues are too much send it back to the retailer and request a better one without issue. You have that right to request that.

BUT to make light of it, at least its not a real car. We'd be screwed if the steering wheel was installed upside down. :bawling:

Posted Image

Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use