Jump to content


Mistake on Koenig Competition Evo by GT Spirit? (PART 2: post #33)


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,061 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ljubljana
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:si

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:56 PM

View PostRed_Baron, on 15 January 2016 - 05:54 AM, said:

Taken from FB. People have claimthis to be the worse GTS model terms of accuracy (Side windows, side spoilers, exhausts, headlights etc).
If you're a member of Diecast Arena on fb you can view the post. https://www.facebook...47111055331565/

Posted Image

Not the same angle.. So it looks worse than actually is....

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#27 OFFLINE   spikyone

spikyone

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 767 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wiltshire
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Spark, TSM
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:52 AM

View PostCraig, on 15 January 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

View PostThorst13, on 15 January 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

View PostStratosWRC, on 15 January 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

Accurate or not, it's still a cool car. If I was into resins, I'd be buying it.

It's not that bad! I didn't even notice, but now I can see it clearly. I'll bet you there are many diecasts released over the last years that have similar errors.
Yeah - Remember the AUTOart 996 GT3 RS with the wrong profile front bumper ? And there's more :nice: but we all know, no model is ever 100% accurate.

I don't think this is just the bumper though. The front indicators and intakes are too tall, the sills are too tall, the A pillar is too thick and curved, the side intake shape is wrong. The whole model is the wrong shape. A bumper shape might only be noticeable to an expert in that particular car, but if I had any interest in the Koenig 1:1 it would've been obvious that it was off. I initially thought it was a model of an ugly, ruined Ferrari - now I realise it's a ruined Ferrari that isn't *quite* as ugly as the model.

For a resin, it's very jelly-mould; there's no sharpness to the lines and if I hadn't known it was a 1/18 I would've guessed it was a low-end 1/43 from the photos.

Posted Image

*** Collection thread updated 6th Feb (Sun Star Peugeot 207 S2000) ***


#28 OFFLINE   technica

technica

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ricko... Anything goes!
  • Proud Citizen of:sg

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:52 PM

Every model has its flaws. Don't get me wrong. I love GT Spirit, and tuned Ferrari. This is perhaps a more obvious one because the bumper is way too "fat" not to notice the mistake.

We all learn and benefit from one another, flaws or compliments. I look forward to seeing more Koenig models from GT Spirit. :occasion14:

Check out my custom works at Technica's Portfolio.
Posted Image


#29 ONLINE   Josh

Josh

    Senior Member

  • DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9,019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:golf course
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

View Posttechnica, on 17 January 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Every model has its flaws. Don't get me wrong. I love GT Spirit, and tuned Ferrari. This is perhaps a more obvious one because the bumper is way too "fat" not to notice the mistake.

We all learn and benefit from one another, flaws or compliments. I look forward to seeing more Koenig models from GT Spirit. :occasion14:

Me too I will give them another shot for sure!  But there are just too many great models too choose from right now and so little space and funds. I will pass this up and look for better efforts in the future! Thanks again for raising awareness on this, I thought it was a bit odd looking.

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image


#30 OFFLINE   technica

technica

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ricko... Anything goes!
  • Proud Citizen of:sg

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:02 PM

View PostJosh, on 17 January 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

Me too I will give them another shot for sure!  But there are just too many great models too choose from right now and so little space and funds. I will pass this up and look for better efforts in the future! Thanks again for raising awareness on this, I thought it was a bit odd looking.
No problem Josh, happy to share. :occasion14:

Check out my custom works at Technica's Portfolio.
Posted Image


#31 OFFLINE   HansRoyal

HansRoyal

    Junior Member

  • DX Community
  • 85 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Poland
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Anime, Sports
  • Favorite Brands:Spark
  • Proud Citizen of:cn

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:04 PM

The same problems on the LB & RWB Cars... But I couldn't buy them today...

#32 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

    Administrator

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,813 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:45 AM

View PostHansRoyal, on 04 May 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

The same problems on the LB & RWB Cars... But I couldn't buy them today...
What sort of problems have you noticed ?

Posted Image



Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE


#33 OFFLINE   technica

technica

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ricko... Anything goes!
  • Proud Citizen of:sg

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Sorry to be such a sucker but I can't help it. I love this car too much. GTS recently announced the Bi Turbo Competition and the immediate thing I notice was the front that was wrong. It may be due to the same reason (front bumper lines too high), but let's take a look at the pics below and tell me what you think...

Posted Image

Pictures of the two are of slightly different angle, so we can ignore the rear spoiler which appears to be higher than the 1:1. I photoshopped the two images together and set some transparencies. The images are resized so the wheel bases match:

Posted Image

I can see that GTS front end is shorter and that's why it looked weird. The wheels appeared a little too small too. I do hope GTS picks this up and make changes before the actual releases...

Check out my custom works at Technica's Portfolio.
Posted Image


#34 OFFLINE   spikyone

spikyone

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 767 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wiltshire
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Spark, TSM
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

View Posttechnica, on 20 April 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

I do hope GTS picks this up and make changes before the actual releases...

No chance.  The last one was garbage when it was first shown, and stayed garbage when it was released.  I stand by my comments that it's comfortably GTS' worst model, and was a strong contender for worst of 2016.

This is barely any better, and looks like it was made from the same basic shape.  Although the pictures are from different angles it's obvious that the wing on the model is too high, the nose shape is wrong, the window line is too high and too straight, the windscreen is too curved.  There are other inaccuracies too, and as with the last one the bulbous shape makes it look more like a budget 1/43 than a sharp, resin 1/18.  They should stop milking this one and stick to the models they got right.

Posted Image

*** Collection thread updated 6th Feb (Sun Star Peugeot 207 S2000) ***


#35 ONLINE   Josh

Josh

    Senior Member

  • DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9,019 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:golf course
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:03 AM

Imagine that GTS got the shape of a model wrong? That is pretty much the norm for these Resin companies. LS collectibles has not gotten one right yet. Perhaps they are in such a hurry they are not really scaling a real car down. I imagine it is not easy to find one of those Koenigs for comparison.

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image


#36 OFFLINE   ltdmh1

ltdmh1

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 291 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Photography
  • Number of Models:29 - 1/18
    2 - 1/24
    26 - 1/43
  • Favorite Brands:Disappointed
  • Proud Citizen of:il

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

The pic of a real car was taken with a telephoto lens, it does stretch a bit. But the rims are really small on a model.

#37 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

    Senior Member

  • DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 5,725 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

The wheels look small to me too on the GTS model, one of the reason I didnt ordered it, and the fact that I dont have the other version, but theyre very cool to me despite the accuracies..

#38 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

    Administrator

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,813 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:23 AM

View Postironsim, on 20 April 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

The wheels look small to me too on the GTS model, one of the reason I didnt ordered it, and the fact that I dont have the other version, but theyre very cool to me despite the accuracies..
I think they're cool too, but as they got them wrong, I didn't buy them. They had the chance to make a really cool niche model and they didn't nail it!! :bawling:

Posted Image



Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE


#39 OFFLINE   technica

technica

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ricko... Anything goes!
  • Proud Citizen of:sg

Posted Yesterday, 06:38 PM

View Postspikyone, on 20 April 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

No chance.  The last one was garbage when it was first shown, and stayed garbage when it was released.  I stand by my comments that it's comfortably GTS' worst model, and was a strong contender for worst of 2016.

This is barely any better, and looks like it was made from the same basic shape.  Although the pictures are from different angles it's obvious that the wing on the model is too high, the nose shape is wrong, the window line is too high and too straight, the windscreen is too curved.  There are other inaccuracies too, and as with the last one the bulbous shape makes it look more like a budget 1/43 than a sharp, resin 1/18.  They should stop milking this one and stick to the models they got right.
Agreed. This is one of the worst model from GTS. This could have been a really highly sought after model if they nailed it right! GTS used to be good in accepting comments and refine their models. What happened recently? Looks like they don't care anymore. Shame!

View PostJosh, on 20 April 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Imagine that GTS got the shape of a model wrong? That is pretty much the norm for these Resin companies. LS collectibles has not gotten one right yet. Perhaps they are in such a hurry they are not really scaling a real car down. I imagine it is not easy to find one of those Koenigs for comparison.
You are right, I think there are not much Koenig Competition IRL for them to compare. The thing about this company is they announce new models very suddenly, unlike others who showcase their upcoming models. Therefore they could be hurrying to push out the models since pictures are usually released only like 1-2 months before release.

View Postltdmh1, on 20 April 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

The pic of a real car was taken with a telephoto lens, it does stretch a bit. But the rims are really small on a model.
Thanks for the insight! I'm no expert in photography, I can't even take proper pics of diecast model. Yes the rims are a turn off for this model! I have seen online pictures of the same model made by Versus. Not comparing the price range but we can't deny they are light years apart!

View Postironsim, on 20 April 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

The wheels look small to me too on the GTS model, one of the reason I didnt ordered it, and the fact that I dont have the other version, but theyre very cool to me despite the accuracies..

View PostCraig, on 21 April 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

I think they're cool too, but as they got them wrong, I didn't buy them. They had the chance to make a really cool niche model and they didn't nail it!! :bawling:
Koenig is a great subject and because of the previous model they got it wrong I was hoping they will make changes to the new one. I will gladly buy the Asian Exclusive in white too but I guess that is a miss for me for now...

Edited by technica, Yesterday, 06:39 PM.

Check out my custom works at Technica's Portfolio.
Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use