#1 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:12 PM

After waiting 5 years for a good deal on one, AUTOart re-releases the 787, in very limited numbers.  So I get mine in today, packaging great, model looks INCREDIBLE in the foam boxes, and I'm elated I finally have one.  Before taking it out of the package, from above the wing looks a little to the left(with my many big wing cars, I always check them very carefully).  After looking from the rear I can see all the metal brackets are bent.  These are very substantial as well!  So 15 minutes later back in the box and start the process on ebay(I have NO worries about the seller taking care of it).

It's just a shame, with how many people and steps must be involved with making any diecast like this(let alone double the parts counts models) and it gets to the LAST person who packs them up and they squash the foam down crookedly and tweak the wing.  I put a little force against the bend to see and it took more then a little bit of force for someone to bugger it.  Oh well, got it in half the time I thought it would to ship, and now the shitty process of sending models back and forth begins.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pisser when you see stuff like this, one of these wonderful models defective because some who's job it is not to damage something damages it.  And you KNOW they knew when they did it with the strength of the part's supporting it.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,912 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:57 PM

Yeah that blows
Wes

#3 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:41 AM

Is this wing supposed to be this way?  The vendor checked the others and they looked the same???

NM found pics of the stealth which has silver metal easier to see, definitely not!

Edited by kevinb120, 11 March 2016 - 09:50 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

Not sure, here's mine

Posted Image

They look like they'd be easy to straighten though. A hair dryer could help maybe
Wes

#5 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:04 AM

Yea, mine were definitely bent.  They are like spring steel, main issue is the cross brace is bent too.  I progressively pushed the wing and they did not bend at all until it became 'uncomfortable' to try with any more force.  I have a lot of experience with building/repairing models and it definitely is not an easy fix, with three differently bent pieces needing to be fixed without breakage with a wing in a 3D environment, you end up chasing your tail. The metal is very stiff, nothing like the photoetch brackets on a spark where you can breathe on them to bend them. Different pieces of dissimilar strength materials make not an easy fix.  Just asking to break off a plastic mounting tab in the process.

New means new once, I sent it back today.

Edited by kevinb120, 11 March 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:34 PM

Good luck with the next one though!
Wes

#7 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:32 AM

My third one came in, still with a slightly bent set of struts, from a different vendor!  These were not twisted this time, just bent to the side, so I went ahead and corrected it, and it was not easy to bend it for sure.  Now to the painstaking task of slightly tweaking/forming all the wires so they want to stay in.

#8 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:07 AM

that's so weird! maybe that one new person was working and packaged them all wrong that day haha. I've never seen this issue on the 787 before
Wes

#9 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:40 PM

May be the reason the weren't originally released??  Three for three, with non-sequential numbers.  One vendor checked his other one in stock from the original order, it was the same(so that's 4 that I know of).  The center cross brace is plastic and 'curves' easily. It straightened right up when I bent the side supports back to straight.  I have a lot of experience with such things, flying r/c helis/planes for 30 years, so was careful how I applied pressure to straighten them, as everything attached is weaker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use