#1 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 455 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Hotwheels, Kyosho, Norev, Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of: es

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

Today I receive this...The seller didn´t mention a very important detail.. The acrylic case is broken :mad2: :mad2:

How much should I ask for refund ( I paid a fortune for it....)

Attached Files

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

Hello everyone

This is the first time that I put a post on this thread. After bidding on a 1/18 Koenigsegg One:1 silver by Frontiart I checked that the pictures of the auction does not match with the item that I received.
As shown the right side of the acrylic it´s clean but check my picture (closer one). I am opening a case on Paypal. Well it´s cost me a fortune... :mad2: :bawling: so I am absolutely dissapointed with the seller. He forget to mention on the auction....

This is the text of the auction

"THIS IS MY LAST ONE"
HERE WE HAVE A BRAND NEW 1/18 FRONTIART KOENIGSEGG ONE :1
THIS MODEL IS EXTREMELY RARE ONLY 300 PIECES EVER MADE
THIS MODEL IS NO LONGER MADE BY FRONTIART
ALL PAPER WORK AND BOX'S IN EXCELLENT CONDITION
THIS MODEL COMES WITH AN ACRYLIC DISPLAY COVER FOR THE BASE
IDEAL FOR COLLECTOR

PAYMENT TO BE MADE WITHIN TWO DAYS OF PURCHASE
FREE POSTAGE ONLY WITHIN AUSTRALIA

INTERNATIONAL BUYERS WELCOME,ASK FOR POSTAGE QUOTE B4 BID, POSTAGE WILL BE ADJUSTED ACCORDING TO DESTINATION

I need you advise. How much should I ask for this issue? it´s possible to buy the acrylic from Frontiart? I thienk that this car must have every corner absolutely perfect (well it´s my fault but I am a perfectionist person, and I try to do my best in everything)

:occasion14: :occasion14:

Attached Files

Edited by Scirocco, 11 March 2016 - 03:52 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Pz67

Pz67

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 397 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

I seriously think it's not worth the hassle

#4 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostPz67, on 11 March 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

I seriously think it's not worth the hassle
Well, every opinion is respectful but I paid 900€ (200€ because it was at customs :bawling: :bawling: ) and the original pictures does not have the crack, so it´s a tricky

#5 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,978 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:45 PM

View PostScirocco, on 11 March 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

Today I receive this...The seller didn´t mention a very important detail.. The acrylic case is broken :mad2: :mad2:

WOW!! :omg: Sorry to see that your package arrived with damage to the display case! :sad:  I would certainly ask for a refund because it was packed well enough by the looks for it :mad2:

View Posthvahram, on 11 March 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

My latest adds

Two really nice adds!! :drool5: :drool5: That Ferrari is really pulling in a lot of buyers!! Congrats and CHEERS! :occasion14:
Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below :occasion14:

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#6 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

View PostD N, on 11 March 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

WOW!! :omg: Sorry to see that your package arrived with damage to the display case! :sad:  I would certainly ask for a refund because it was packed well enough by the looks for it :mad2:
Thanks so much David. You are always so kind and careful with our complaints :danke: The outside box, the outer box (cardboard) was excellent packed with a lot of bubblewrap. So that´s the reason why I think the pictures of the auction are false or "taken before" the damage. Even if you put your finger over the cracks it´s sharp. But.. how much does it cost an acrylic case, from Frontiart of course? (I have just sent an email to Frontiart asking for help)
What do you think about this David? How much should I ask for refund? The model cost me a fortune and I feel bad for this inconvenience. What I am sure is that I am not going to accept 50€ when the model itself costs 700€ no I am not willing to accept because I am pissed off and I like honest people and not deceive anyone when I am selling a model car
:danke:

#7 OFFLINE   CreepyVanMan

CreepyVanMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Interests:Racing (all kinds) and Snowboarding
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, TSM, Spark

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

Well, you can ask 10%. That's usually the norm when it comes to damages. Now with the high price you paid, that might be hassle because that amounts to a lot. Are you certain that the seller used different pics for the model? It might have broken during shipping. Either way. I'd ask 10% and try to go from there. Shame though buddy, but at least the model looks great. I display mine without the case, so you can get your eyes closer to the details :)

Cheers
"I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I am good at everything." -Demetri Martin

#8 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,978 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:09 PM

View PostScirocco, on 11 March 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

Thanks so much David. You are always so kind and careful with our complaints :danke: The outside box, the outer box (cardboard) was excellent packed with a lot of bubblewrap. So that´s the reason why I think the pictures of the auction are false or "taken before" the damage. Even if you put your finger over the cracks it´s sharp. But.. how much does it cost an acrylic case, from Frontiart of course? (I have just sent an email to Frontiart asking for help)
What do you think about this David? How much should I ask for refund? The model cost me a fortune and I feel bad for this inconvenience. What I am sure is that I am not going to accept 50€ when the model itself costs 700€ no I am not willing to accept because I am pissed off and I like honest people and not deceive anyone when I am selling a model car
Full Refund, Period! :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:  It's your money, get it back!! :yahoo: :occasion14:
Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below :occasion14:

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#9 OFFLINE   The Collector

The Collector

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:46 PM

I can understand you wanting it to be perfect at that price.

The seller should be able to arrange a replacement case for you.  I bought my first FrontiArt through an eBay reseller and it arrived with a similar crack in the case due to pretty poor packaging. The seller arranged for a replacement case which was shipped direct from FrontiArt.

But congrats on the purchase anyway, it's an awesome model and silver is the best colour for it IMO.

#10 OFFLINE   CreepyVanMan

CreepyVanMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:00 PM

View PostThe Collector, on 11 March 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

The seller should be able to arrange a replacement case for you.  I bought my first FrontiArt through an eBay reseller and it arrived with a similar crack in the case due to pretty poor packaging. The seller arranged for a replacement case which was shipped direct from FrontiArt.

But congrats on the purchase anyway, it's an awesome model and silver is the best colour for it IMO.

Ohhh that's a good idea
"I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I am good at everything." -Demetri Martin

#11 OFFLINE   seppuku

seppuku

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,962 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Eidolon, BBR, Tecnomodel, MR,

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:58 AM

Yeah, 10% good idea....:)

"I have to admit I dont understand 1:43. 1:12 and larger I get, but most 1:43 I have seen (MOST) dont look like real cars. They are usually off in some way."

-lateapex

#12 OFFLINE   Gigabyte

Gigabyte

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • Number of Models:4
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:42 AM

gosh, that is a very large and unsightly crack man...

i can understand exactly how u feel bro, its like your emotion taken on a roller coaster ride, at one point, u feel excited/happy, but at another point, u feel angry/frustrated... :sad:  

also, have u tried contacting the seller 1st and see if something can be work out ?

#13 OFFLINE   Gigabyte

Gigabyte

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • Number of Models:4
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:48 AM

thats great to know, but does Frontiart actually sells standalone acrylic display case?

i recently bought 2 from china, it looks great and kind of similar to Frontart's.

#14 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,200 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

That could have happened en route, I had the same with with one of their cases once. It's not the sellers fault (my seller, who is a dealer sorted a replacement case free of charge for me) 10% off for that (in my opinion) is excessive. See if the seller can get you a replacement case :twocents:  and if not, maybe ask for whatever a case would cost.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#15 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

Today I receive this...The seller didnīt mention a very important detail.. The acrylic case is broken :mad2: :mad2:

Thanks so much David. You are always so kind and careful with our complaints :danke: The outside box, the outer box (cardboard) was excellent packed with a lot of bubblewrap. So thatīs the reason why I think the pictures of the auction are false or "taken before" the damage. Even if you put your finger over the cracks itīs sharp. But.. how much does it cost an acrylic case, from Frontiart of course? (I have just sent an email to Frontiart asking for help)

Who did you buy from may I ask? 700 euros is over priced. You can buy an open/close Frontiart model car with that money.

Edited by blieu118, 12 March 2016 - 09:25 AM.

#16 OFFLINE   CreepyVanMan

CreepyVanMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

True but I believe he wanted a silver one, which are hard to come by now

#17 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:04 AM

View PostGigabyte, on 12 March 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

thats great to know, but does Frontiart actually sells standalone acrylic display case?

i recently bought 2 from china, it looks great and kind of similar to Frontart's.

I would imagine they use this same jewel box top for all their 1/18 models, so they probably will have it.  Although I would put the onus on the seller to arrange for it.  The customs charge is a killer, makes the decision harder to send it back and loose the 200.  200 euros to the government so they can break your item, no less.

#18 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:37 PM

View PostD N, on 11 March 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

Full Refund, Period! :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:  It's your money, get it back!! :yahoo: :occasion14:

I opened a case on Paypal. I can not ask for a full refund because I paid 200€ at customs...So no good deal David. In any case the model is astonishing and I am very happy even after paying such a lot money. A good value for the future  :rolleyes:

#19 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

View Postblieu118, on 12 March 2016 - 09:24 AM, said:

Who did you buy from may I ask? 700 euros is over priced. You can buy an open/close Frontiart model car with that money.
Yes you can ask :) I buy it on eBay from Australia. I offer less money (it was cheaper) but the seller has 4 more offers (4 users following at least. Which may be true or just friends, another accounts...who knows) and finally i get it after negotiate with him.
Yes I would love to buy  an open close resin model from Frontiart: Aston Martin Vanquish and/or Aston Martin One 77. At the beginning I was planing buy the carbon fiber version which you can find for less than 400€) but I always like to buy the first release of a car, such as" La Ferrari Geneva Motor Show"...The model was a limit version and you hardly can find it. It was too expensive,with no doubt. But in any case when you have it on your hands...wow it´s a piece of art :drool5: :drool5:  Madness make us waste money in these hobby... :nice:

View PostCreepyVanMan, on 12 March 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

True but I believe he wanted a silver one, which are hard to come by now
Yes! CreepyVanMan :yahoo: The other available colors are also stunning...but the silver one was between my eyebrows  :rolleyes:

#20 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,200 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:06 PM

Hi,
Sorry I've moved the posts discussing this into here. Sorry guys, it doesn't belong in the other thread.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#21 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:01 PM

View PostCreepyVanMan, on 11 March 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

Well, you can ask 10%. That's usually the norm when it comes to damages. Now with the high price you paid, that might be hassle because that amounts to a lot. Are you certain that the seller used different pics for the model? It might have broken during shipping. Either way. I'd ask 10% and try to go from there. Shame though buddy, but at least the model looks great. I display mine without the case, so you can get your eyes closer to the details :)

Cheers

Thanks for the idea CreepyCanMan. Well I am going to post the pics he sent to me. for everyone. I trust is his words. He has the model in perfect condition. Even it´s absolutely new; the plastic film over the case, the interior of the car with the wires and the styrofoam next to wheels. I can urdestand why the acrylic case could broken.
Think about this.
  • The cardboard box
    • The bulbble wrap/air bag
      • The bublewraap covering the blue box of Frotnitart
        • The acrylic case
So, If yo smash of the carboard...how the other elements absorve the impact and the acrylic case brokes whereas the blue box has not damage??

Collector thanks so much for your words :danke: You gave me hope. I want (sorry if it sounds hard) an original acrylic case for the model Just to keep it perfect, as the same way after leaving the factory. I mean an original case which fits perfect with the base. A case with the original angles or cuts of the factory.. The broken one could be use for other resin model I have with no cover: BBR LaFerrari, Maserati Gran Turismo Minichamps Stradale, Chevy Corvette Z06...) of future models. I am waiting for the response of FrontiArt after email them yesterday.
Yes, I agree about the color. Maybe it´s my mind. When a model is released for first time I associate the color of the real car with the model I am going to buy. For example the new Ford GT40 was released in blue, so for sure I will choose that color. Thought I saw it on white, but in the presentation at Detroit Show the car was a very beatiful blue.

View PostCreepyVanMan, on 11 March 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

Ohhh that's a good idea

Thanks to all gurus of this forum :yahoo:

View Postseppuku, on 12 March 2016 - 04:58 AM, said:

Yeah, 10% good idea....:)

Let´s will see. For me I accept a new case simply. No need more

View PostGigabyte, on 12 March 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

gosh, that is a very large and unsightly crack man...

i can understand exactly how u feel bro, its like your emotion taken on a roller coaster ride, at one point, u feel excited/happy, but at another point, u feel angry/frustrated... :sad:  

also, have u tried contacting the seller 1st and see if something can be work out ?

Yes seppuku, you described perfectly.  After opening the box very carefully with the knife, unboxing every bubble wrap, etc, I breathe when the blue box was the last thing after meet she. And then when I saw the cracks... :bawling: :mad2:  a mix between that feelings was "on the air". I was angry and write the seller first telling him that I was very dissapointed and my intention in opening a case. He agreed with no problem
He wrote this:

"I am sorry to here that this has happened to you, unfortunately i cant be responsible for the heavy handed postal service, hence why i packed your model as best as is humanly possible to try and protect it. i am extremely disappointed with the outcome but as you know i did everything that i said i would and have packed a fully brand new model with no defects, if you look at the photo's from ebay when listed the item number's one and four that are specific to this area you will see no damage to the acrylic cover, this has happened during the delivery, i also sent you photo's showing you the extensive packaging that i used to send you this model, once again JOSE i feel for you at the moment as you know i am a collector as well, if you feel the need to open a case then so be it."

Gigabyte I will tell you after receive a response from FrontiArt. I have no idea if they sell an standalone acrylic display :dunno:

View PostCraig, on 12 March 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

That could have happened en route, I had the same with with one of their cases once. It's not the sellers fault (my seller, who is a dealer sorted a replacement case free of charge for me) 10% off for that (in my opinion) is excessive. See if the seller can get you a replacement case :twocents:  and if not, maybe ask for whatever a case would cost.

Maybe Craig..But I think that after all "layers" among the acrylic display and the outer box...how it´s possible to brake it?

View Postkevinb120, on 12 March 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

I would imagine they use this same jewel box top for all their 1/18 models, so they probably will have it.  Although I would put the onus on the seller to arrange for it.  The customs charge is a killer, makes the decision harder to send it back and loose the 200.  200 euros to the government so they can break your item, no less.

Totally agree with you Kevinb120. I love the model after all. I have no words to describe the amazing details and accurate finish such as the carbon fiber lips along the front bumper, the grills when you light with a lantern...And no, no way return it and loose 200€ :gaah: I think no one return any model after paying 200€ at customs...At least the car is safe  :rolleyes:  Heaven help me a liitle

View PostCraig, on 12 March 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

Hi,
Sorry I've moved the posts discussing this into here. Sorry guys, it doesn't belong in the other thread.

Don´t worry Craig :)

#22 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

These are the pics which show how the model was packed, so I think the only weak point is the base with no thick layer of bubblewrap. The rest are perfect I think

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   27.55K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   31.15K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   38.88K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   35.62K   0 downloads

#23 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:25 PM

I do not think you should return it mainly because the model is in great shape and no damage regardless if you paid that 200 euros to customs.

I agree with Craig that 10% is way too much to ask for a broken case. If I were the seller, I wouldnot refund you 70 euros(10% of 700). I understand that you are upset but be glad that the model has no damage.

It could be possible that it was damaged during shipping. The acrylic is fragile while the cardboards are not so I would not be surprised if the acrylic got cracked after absorbing all those shocks from the long trip to get to you.

So did you get the seller to arrange to send you a replacement case? Whats the outcome?

Edited by blieu118, 12 March 2016 - 05:30 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   Maximus

Maximus

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Interests:Moto GP, LeMans, WSBK
  • Favorite Brands:MR CMC BBR Exoto Minichamps Bikes
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:15 PM

Maybe go to a place that makes acrylic displays and ask how much to get one made up the same? Ask the seller to pay for that and everyone is happy.

#25 OFFLINE   CalMul

CalMul

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes, IT
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: za

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:41 AM

It looks well packaged, pretty sure that was not during shipment.....sending back is not an option imo.
Hopefully FA will be able to supply a case for you, holding thumbs!
:yahoo: Please have a look and enjoy my collection here:
CalMul's Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use