#26 OFFLINE   jusali

jusali

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Too many to choose from
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:23 PM

Yeah looks like you are right to keep it, the car is awesome after all!
I would ask frontiart if they can supply a case or maybe ask carmodelz.com if they can help?
I think they are europes main frontiart dealer/supplier.
I really like your model though I hope it all works out and it isn't spoiled by this.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Hotwheels, Kyosho, Norev, Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of:es

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

View Postblieu118, on 12 March 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

I do not think you should return it mainly because the model is in great shape and no damage regardless if you paid that 200 euros to customs.

I agree with Craig that 10% is way too much to ask for a broken case. If I were the seller, I wouldnot refund you 70 euros(10% of 700). I understand that you are upset but be glad that the model has no damage.

It could be possible that it was damaged during shipping. The acrylic is fragile while the cardboards are not so I would not be surprised if the acrylic got cracked after absorbing all those shocks from the long trip to get to you.

So did you get the seller to arrange to send you a replacement case? Whats the outcome?

You are right blieu118. The model is in great shape and that´s enough reason to keep it, besides it´s am "unicorn" :Jka: I am happy because the main part, the model itself has no damage. But it seems that when you paid such money, regardless customs, "it´s a must that arrives perfect". But, it´s true we can´t control all the shocks that the packet receives along his trip even crossing fingers
By the moment I have no response of the seller. I will update because tomorrow I am going to phone Paypal and ask for information

View PostMaximus, on 12 March 2016 - 07:15 PM, said:

Maybe go to a place that makes acrylic displays and ask how much to get one made up the same? Ask the seller to pay for that and everyone is happy.

Thanks for the idea Maximus :danke:  I am going to wait to Paypal and seller after make a decision

View PostCalMul, on 13 March 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

It looks well packaged, pretty sure that was not during shipment.....sending back is not an option imo.
Hopefully FA will be able to supply a case for you, holding thumbs!

CalMui still I have no response from FA...so I can only wait..  :rolleyes:

View Postjusali, on 13 March 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Yeah looks like you are right to keep it, the car is awesome after all!
I would ask frontiart if they can supply a case or maybe ask carmodelz.com if they can help?
I think they are europes main frontiart dealer/supplier.
I really like your model though I hope it all works out and it isn't spoiled by this.

jusali that´s also a great idea. I am going to check carmodelz website. I know that they sell FA models, and it´s in europe so no customs any more... :twocents:
Thanks for your words, I hope everything goes well too.
I will keep update
:occasion14:

#28 OFFLINE   technica

technica

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Ricko... Anything goes!
  • Proud Citizen of:sg

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:47 PM

The acrylic case is part of the model IMO, simply because it is what FA sells as a whole. If it is broken, it is incomplete. I would demand for a new acrylic case and I think 10% is not too demanding to ask for if you want to source the case elsewhere. In my country acrylic case are very expensive. Looking at the thickness of FA's case maybe it is perspex kind which is more expensive. :twocents:

Good luck buddy, hope you got what you asked for. :nice:

Check out my custom works at Technica's Portfolio.
Posted Image

#29 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:05 PM

View Posttechnica, on 15 March 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

The acrylic case is part of the model IMO, simply because it is what FA sells as a whole. If it is broken, it is incomplete. I would demand for a new acrylic case and I think 10% is not too demanding to ask for if you want to source the case elsewhere. In my country acrylic case are very expensive. Looking at the thickness of FA's case maybe it is perspex kind which is more expensive. :twocents:

Good luck buddy, hope you got what you asked for. :nice:
Thanks Technica.But the seller does not want refund nothing....Also Frontiart and Carmodelz didn´t answer me... :gaah:

#30 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:11 PM

Well it´s 2:12 am and I can´t sleep...I am angry with the seller. What do you think I should do?

HE:

Hello Jose,
So why not communicate with me in the first place if there was a problem we could have worked this out, i sent you a perfect model and box and cover end of story, now what the postal service from here to you has done i am not in control, THATS WHY YOU GET INSURANCE, you did not request it once to me, i am not going to a link i am not familiar with , how do i know that you didnt drop the box after you received it and are now trying to blame me for the damages, are you feeling guilty now JOSE thats why you are contacting me.

ME:

I communicate with you George. Remember that at first time the packet was at customs. The insurance? What insurance?I told you that tthe acrylic was broken the same day I took at customs and opened at home. The link it´s dropbox it´s not a virus site if you are suggesting it.
What? Yes of course I paid more than 700€ and I throw the box against the ground. Are you kidding me?
How do I know that your pictures are not taken when you purchase the model and one day the box broken and you put the "old" pictures?
I have my ebay feedback Ok, so I am a serious seller and buyer.
So what are you going to do? If you don´t want a partial refund let me know please
If you are going to go on with that tone on your words I am going to contact with ebay and maybe ebay make a decision for being so unrespectful

After that.....

HE (again):
do what you want there will be no refund and i am quit prepared to take legal action againt pay pal if they even try to refund you some moneys, once again i sent you a perfect model box and acrylic cover. Yet another person who wants a partial refund BUT WANTS TO KEEP THE MODEL ???, do you think i havnt seen this before or E bay for that matter, grow up ok, i was honest with and did everything right from my side, i am sick to death of you people trying to get money back because you think you payed to much, if you cant afford the model dont buy it, do not communicate with me again.

I didn´t send a response. Tomorrow I will phone paypal

I would appreciate your guys :danke:

#31 ONLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:09 PM

yeah it's a tricky situation. He's not supposed to give a partial refund, cause that is his profit. He's only supposed to take it back and refund the payment in full. I think either way you'll have to send it back.
Wes

#32 OFFLINE   CreepyVanMan

CreepyVanMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Racing (all kinds) and Snowboarding
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, TSM, Spark
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:42 PM

Yeah it's part of the risk from ordering online. I mean, we all have to do it for the most part in this hobby but that is the risk. The car isn't damaged and that to me, is the most important part. I would just chalk it up as a slight loss and continue to try to get a hold of FrontiArt for a replacement case.

It can't hurt to contact PayPal and see what they say, but I think just getting an additional case is your best bet. Sorry to say it bud.
"I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I am good at everything." -Demetri Martin

#33 OFFLINE   Affi

Affi

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,048 posts
  • Interests:1 18, diorama, die cast in general and Accessories
  • Favorite Brands:Highway 61, ERTL, GMP, Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:nl

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:47 AM

SEND IT BACK! :mad2:
Posted Image
You can find my collection HERE
Farfegnugen

#34 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,612 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:21 AM

Insurance was on him to sort out when he sent it out!! It's not up to you to ask, he needs to send it with it.. as it arrived damaged send it back. It's his problem. You might be able to claim the import duties back too (but I wouldn't bank on it)

I do still think it happened en route though.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#35 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,757 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostScirocco, on 21 March 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hello Jose,
i sent you a perfect model and box and cover end of story, now what the postal service from here to you has done i am not in control, THATS WHY YOU GET INSURANCE, you did not request it once to me.

I am both seller and buyer and as a seller, my responsibility doesnot end there once I shipped the package and thats why its my responsibility to buy insurance to cover the model that I am sending to the buyer. Yes he is right about not having any control over what can happen to the package that he shipped but its not right for him to say its your job to tell him what you need for the item hes sending to you(this includes insurance, sig confirmation, etc). The seller knows best what needs to be done when it comes to insuring a package. Buying Insurance should be a common practice from the seller, especially this is 700 euros and hes saying he didnot buy insurance unless you request? I know too well I need to get it covered just in case its lost in the mail, damaged, etc. Its just better selling practice imo.

If I were you, I would call ebay or paypal to see what you could do if you already tried your best to contact frontiart and other sources.

Edited by blieu118, 22 March 2016 - 08:19 AM.

#36 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Favorite Brands:autoart

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

Scirocco, I'm sorry for your troubles. Look at the big picture, it's not the model that's messed up, so that's a positive. You should read the thread of my previous experience buying a Frontiart model. That should make you feel much better. But if you are not completely happy and unable to sleep as a result, return the entire thing for a full refund. You'd be giving up the model, but you'd have a clear your conscience and start anew, rather than continue a tit for tat with no positive outcome with the seller. By returning the whole thing, you put the onus on the seller to recoup the loss because of the broken display case. It's the seller's problem for not insuring his goods. Bottom line, merchandise arrived damaged. I don't know anything about ebay. But you can either be unhappy or take the positive out of it as the model is your unicorn and arrived undamaged and it's "just" the display case.

Edited by will1066, 22 March 2016 - 10:24 AM.

Never lift up anything on a model using the clear parts. Never.

#37 OFFLINE   Gigabyte

Gigabyte

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 189 posts
  • Number of Models:4
  • Proud Citizen of:sg

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

hmm... there seems to be a huge misunderstanding going on between the ebay seller and Scirocco.

i reckon the ebay seller feels that Scirocco should not have filed a dispute with paypal, should have contacted him(seller) first, and try to come up with a solution together. And since Scirocco has filed for an dispute, the seller is probably angry and misunderstood that Scirocco wants to cheat, hence, the very harsh words came from the seller.

To Scirocco bro, dont request for a partial refund.

maybe ask seller see if he can arrange with Frontiart to ship out just the acrylic cover alone.

#38 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostStratosWRC, on 21 March 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

yeah it's a tricky situation. He's not supposed to give a partial refund, cause that is his profit. He's only supposed to take it back and refund the payment in full. I think either way you'll have to send it back.

Thanks to all for your words and help. This morning I was at Customs asking for help and information. If I send it back to the seller,I can make a request for refund of the amount paid at customs. But the problem in this case is administrative and depends on the person who has to decide the case back amount to return an item that is no longer in my country . I would have to prove that the car they gave me exactly the same as leaving the country. For that, I should demostrate that the "Koenigsegg One of Frontiart 1:18 X number" which I have is the same as I return. This is to avoid tax evasion or fraud. In the description of the object contained in the package sent none of that information is detailed . So I risk losing € 200 or maybe if I can recover , must fight with the State Administration..

View PostCreepyVanMan, on 21 March 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

Yeah it's part of the risk from ordering online. I mean, we all have to do it for the most part in this hobby but that is the risk. The car isn't damaged and that to me, is the most important part. I would just chalk it up as a slight loss and continue to try to get a hold of FrontiArt for a replacement case.

It can't hurt to contact PayPal and see what they say, but I think just getting an additional case is your best bet. Sorry to say it bud.

Thanks CreepyVanMan too to you. Ordering online is our main advantage and disadvantage...but there is no much more options. Yes, I keep in my mind that at the end the car is perfect and the acrylic is only a minor issue which I can resolve for few €. But as always, when paying such money you "want" perdection. Also the seller is an unrespectful person. Today I talk with eBay and sent a copy of his messages. They are going to send a report to Ebay Australia. Unfortunately ebay privacy policy will not report me any information on measures taken thereon.
On the other hand Paypal can only contact the seller for a refund ; and if he does not accept it , I must return the item. It is a vicious circle.
Let´s see which going on with Frontiart. But :occasion14:for your words and help

View PostAffi, on 22 March 2016 - 03:47 AM, said:

SEND IT BACK! :mad2:

Yes Alfi, my first idea was that. I thought "Fu..off the car" and sent it back...but after calm I thought, don´t waste time and money (time worth money), the car is Ok. The seller does not want to talk and is not willing to make me a refund...

View PostCraig, on 22 March 2016 - 04:21 AM, said:

Insurance was on him to sort out when he sent it out!! It's not up to you to ask, he needs to send it with it.. as it arrived damaged send it back. It's his problem. You might be able to claim the import duties back too (but I wouldn't bank on it)

I do still think it happened en route though.

Thanks you too Craig. Tomorrow I will try again with Paypal that point: he needs to send an insurance with it. Good idea :dunno: :danke: The man at customs what very kind and told me that if you pay XXX money for an item that´s all. The amount specified in the bill is taken as valid to pay taxes . I even asked him if the car's value on the market was 400 € but is now more expensive because there is no ore units, he told me that the current value is taken as a reference . In short what says the bill goes to Mas

#39 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

View Postblieu118, on 22 March 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

View PostScirocco, on 21 March 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

Hello Jose,
i sent you a perfect model and box and cover end of story, now what the postal service from here to you has done i am not in control, THATS WHY YOU GET INSURANCE, you did not request it once to me.

I am both seller and buyer and as a seller, my responsibility doesnot end there once I shipped the package and thats why its my responsibility to buy insurance to cover the model that I am sending to the buyer. Yes he is right about not having any control over what can happen to the package that he shipped but its not right for him to say its your job to tell him what you need for the item hes sending to you(this includes insurance, sig confirmation, etc). The seller knows best what needs to be done when it comes to insuring a package. Buying Insurance should be a common practice from the seller, especially this is 700 euros and hes saying he didnot buy insurance unless you request? I know too well I need to get it covered just in case its lost in the mail, damaged, etc. Its just better selling practice imo.

If I were you, I would call ebay or paypal to see what you could do if you already tried your best to contact frontiart and other sources.

Thanks to you too blieu118. Great words about being seller and buyer and the responsabilities with each role. It´s clear that you are a very honest and responsible person. :eusa_clap:
Let´s try tomorrow again with Paypal and the "nsurance case"

View Postwill1066, on 22 March 2016 - 10:21 AM, said:

Scirocco, I'm sorry for your troubles. Look at the big picture, it's not the model that's messed up, so that's a positive. You should read the thread of my previous experience buying a Frontiart model. That should make you feel much better. But if you are not completely happy and unable to sleep as a result, return the entire thing for a full refund. You'd be giving up the model, but you'd have a clear your conscience and start anew, rather than continue a tit for tat with no positive outcome with the seller. By returning the whole thing, you put the onus on the seller to recoup the loss because of the broken display case. It's the seller's problem for not insuring his goods. Bottom line, merchandise arrived damaged. I don't know anything about ebay. But you can either be unhappy or take the positive out of it as the model is your unicorn and arrived undamaged and it's "just" the display case.

Thanks to you too will1066. Yes, :agreed: the big picture is the most important part. I am going to read your thread about buying a Frontiart, thanks! As I wrote, returning is "not an option" due to taxes that I pay at customs. Also you are completely right. It´s an unicorn. Who knows if i´s possible to find a new one...The display case is only an acrylic easy to replace :danke:

View PostGigabyte, on 22 March 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

hmm... there seems to be a huge misunderstanding going on between the ebay seller and Scirocco.

i reckon the ebay seller feels that Scirocco should not have filed a dispute with paypal, should have contacted him(seller) first, and try to come up with a solution together. And since Scirocco has filed for an dispute, the seller is probably angry and misunderstood that Scirocco wants to cheat, hence, the very harsh words came from the seller.

To Scirocco bro, dont request for a partial refund.

maybe ask seller see if he can arrange with Frontiart to ship out just the acrylic cover alone.
Yes Gigabyte, your point of view is right also. A big misunderstanding...But first time I contact with seller and told him about the cracks and my disgusting. Also he was agree to open a case on Paypal and never proposed me any solution...
The seller told me "don´t write me again" He refuses my mails and even insults me. I hope ebay Australia make justice  :rolleyes:

#40 OFFLINE   shim

shim

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 794 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:ua

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:45 AM

Scirocco,

have you solved this problem? Or maybe found replacement case?

#41 OFFLINE   Maximus

Maximus

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:Moto GP, LeMans, WSBK
  • Favorite Brands:MR CMC BBR Exoto Minichamps Bikes
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:51 AM

Who was the seller on Ebay OZ?

Dont bother with the refund anymore mate. Its not worth the heart ache.
For less than $50 you can get someone to make you a new perspex lid to suit.

#42 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:14 PM

View Postshim, on 02 June 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

Scirocco,

have you solved this problem? Or maybe found replacement case?

Hello shim, still I have to check the price. I am very busy with my University degree and I hardly have time :( but thanks for asking :danke: I will keep update as soon as possible

View PostMaximus, on 04 June 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

Who was the seller on Ebay OZ?

Dont bother with the refund anymore mate. Its not worth the heart ache.
For less than $50 you can get someone to make you a new perspex lid to suit.

The seller was "buric" from Australia. Due to the high price that I paid for it (723€ + plus 193€ at customs :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: (Yes I know that it has been the craziest thing that I have done in my all life) for few bucks it´s a must have the original acrylic case for such a model IMHO
Thanks everyone for your words and advise :yahoo: :occasion14:

#43 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

Did you try FA themselves for a replacement lid ? I know you shouldn't have to, but they might be able to help you ?

Posted Image

#44 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:49 PM

Yes Craig, but I have to reply to Tracy, because she wrote me this email.
I have just answered she that I prefer retail shop in Europe. I will keep update. I am going to buy this month I hope  :rolleyes:

Hello Jose,

Thanks for your mail.

[font=微]
Maybe can buy it from ebay or our other retail shop in Europe.

[font=微]
The cover price is $16usd and shipping cost is $91usd, the paypal handing fee is $5usd.

[font=微]
Let me know if you still need, thanks. [/font][/font]
[/font]

Edited by Scirocco, 06 June 2016 - 04:53 PM.

#45 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:33 AM

$91 shipping ?? That is a complete rip off!!

Posted Image

#46 OFFLINE   Maximus

Maximus

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:Moto GP, LeMans, WSBK
  • Favorite Brands:MR CMC BBR Exoto Minichamps Bikes
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:34 AM

Jesus mate. Thats a fortune. Guess for that price you would want it immaculate.

#47 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

Hmm..for a $16 cover which is super light weight. I wonder why it would cause that much...don't get it.

#48 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostCraig, on 07 June 2016 - 02:33 AM, said:

$91 shipping ?? That is a complete rip off!!

Yes it´s more expensive shipping than the acrylic...crazy...

View PostMaximus, on 07 June 2016 - 04:34 AM, said:

Jesus mate. Thats a fortune. Guess for that price you would want it immaculate.
:nice: Yes the broken acrylic it´s hurting my eyes :gaah:

View Postblieu118, on 07 June 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Hmm..for a $16 cover which is super light weight. I wonder why it would cause that much...don't get it.

I am waiting for a response. I will let you know :yahoo:

#49 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:21 PM

View PostScirocco, on 06 June 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

Yes Craig, but I have to reply to Tracy, because she wrote me this email.
I have just answered she that I prefer retail shop in Europe. I will keep update. I am going to buy this month I hope  :rolleyes:

Hello Jose,

Thanks for your mail.

[font=微]
Maybe can buy it from ebay or our other retail shop in Europe.

[font=微]
The cover price is $16usd and shipping cost is $91usd, the paypal handing fee is $5usd.

[font=微]
Let me know if you still need, thanks. [/font][/font]
[/font]

"Dear" Tracy,

No, thanks. I do not need you to rip me off on a plastic case that costs almost as much as a complete model car from a fellow resin model maker, GT Spirit. You can keep your plastic case for the next "born idiot."

Sincerely,
Jose

I fixed this for you.

Edited by will1066, 11 June 2016 - 12:24 PM.

Never lift up anything on a model using the clear parts. Never.

#50 OFFLINE   Scirocco

Scirocco

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:53 PM

I don´t understand you will1066 :dunno:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use