DiecastXchange Forum banner

Waited two years for the 1/12 Auto Union and it came with the front wheel part broken :(

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  drivinghermad 
#1 ·
Waited two years for the 1/12 Auto Union and it came with the front left wheel part broken.I have wrapped it back up and it will be picked up tomorrow for another one.It's the main Cast thick rod that broke and the smaller pins have followed,must have been tossed around in one of those warehouses or one of the Delivery drivers.I will do a proper photo shoot when i get a new one,didn't want to be blamed for taking it out of the Wrapping.

This is the other side and how it should look

This last photo shows where it has snapped off behind the black pipe .

See less See more
#3 ·
For me if I ever buy a CMC it will be done in person so I can make sure everything is as it should be. So many parts it just seems bound to happen, something will break. Damn package handlers! I bet there are not many diecast collectors in that line of work. Sorry this happened and best wishes getting one the way you want it.

#4 ·
Ouch!
What a disappointment Daz....never mind, i'm sure its replacement will be fine....
- and looking forward to seeing your pics of it in all its finery!!

#6 ·
Thanks Guys,have to say i am disappointed cos i will have to go through the dreaded send it back and wait thing.
The upside is it looks to be full of Great detail.This is the first 1/12 CMC that is screwed to the base from what i can remember so there was never any movement in the model itself and shock has to disperse somewhere so maybe that might be a factor ?

#12 ·
That sucks, must have been a massive hit! Luckily you will have a replacement.

As for CMC, I dont really feel like they are particularly fragile, Josh. I have one, and have purchased 10+ for my dad (he refuses to understand paypal and the internet in general, for some reason) and never seen one problem.

#14 ·
I would say in General CMC are robust as all the 1/18 i showed and the other 1/12 models never got broken.This however came screwed to the base and the Wheels are dangling in mid air so my guess is it must have been thrown down at some point for it to just snap metal like that ?

#18 ·
Apologies for my gift to you being broken Daz
. Thats one extremely shitty thing to happen to such a beautiful model. And you are very lucky there is actually a replacement out there for you, I remember you telling just how rare and quickly these were being bought.

#19 ·
Thanks for buying it me in the first place Dave,of all the models hey !! This is the second run as the first run had problems with the rubber rings/catches breaking prematurely and there are spare ones in a packet with the second version.I have left my Dealer asking for a replacement so let's hope there is another one at short notice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.