#1 OFFLINE   jusali

jusali

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Too many to choose from
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:21 AM

My 1st 2 experiences with carmodelz were fantastic super fast delivery, sweeties and great communications.
Now I'm finding it hard to get any information and very slow shipping, and no sweeties :(.
I know they moved from NL to Austria earlier in the year and wonder if that might be the cause?
Has anyone else noticed a dip in customer care?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   lateapex

lateapex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Number of Models:70-80
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Schuco, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:no

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:56 AM

I havent used carmodelz in a while since it looks like mostly resin going on there these days, but shipping was a little bit slower for me too after the move. No issues though, think I got sweets too. :nice:

Edit: If you want slow shipping, try mondomodelcars, I bought a car may 2nd, still havent received it. Italian post is simply the worst, shipped from Italy must be transported in a original Fiat 500. I get stuff faster from the China, lol.

Edited by lateapex, 17 May 2016 - 02:00 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   broz13

broz13

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, motorsport in general
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of:it

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:11 AM

View Postlateapex, on 17 May 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

I havent used carmodelz in a while since it looks like mostly resin going on there these days, but shipping was a little bit slower for me too after the move. No issues though, think I got sweets too. :nice:

Edit: If you want slow shipping, try mondomodelcars, I bought a car may 2nd, still havent received it. Italian post is simply the worst, shipped from Italy must be transported in a original Fiat 500. I get stuff faster from the China, lol.

Don't worry, our postal service is maybe the worst in the World :gaah:

#4 OFFLINE   jusali

jusali

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:21 AM

Doh!

Austria had a Bank Holiday Yesterday

Edited by jusali, 17 May 2016 - 07:21 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,823 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:27 AM

View Postbroz13, on 17 May 2016 - 04:11 AM, said:

View Postlateapex, on 17 May 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

Don't worry, our postal service is maybe the worst in the World :gaah:
I concur !! :thumpdown:

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#6 OFFLINE   eugen[spb]

eugen[spb]

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, UT, Bauer
  • Proud Citizen of:ru

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

May I just say two words? Russian Post.
Oh, I have just summoned a demon!
Best regards, Evgeny.
My 1:18 collection.

#7 OFFLINE   DC4ME

DC4ME

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, BBR, Auto Art and many more.
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:43 AM

I purchased 2 models from them a couple of months ago and the manner it was shipped was bad. They squeezed both models in a box that was not large enough. The factory packaging got damaged and i sent a email when i received it. It took over a week for a reply from him and was told that i was lucky as the "true" shipping is way more than they charge. I had placed 2 pre-orders with them at the same time that i cancelled RIGHT AWAY!!

That kind of garbage service is not acceptable. Will never buy from them ever.
Gilles

#8 ONLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,446 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:28 AM

View Posteugen[spb], on 17 May 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

May I just say two words? Russian Post.
Oh, I have just summoned a demon!
:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below :occasion14:

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

#9 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 8,270 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

Just had email from Rob this evening as i have two 1/12 Peako models on the way from him and i also had the 1/6 Frontiart Engine from him too.The Engine came very quick and was packaged well as can be seen in my thread.I do know he is having problems at the moment receiving models through Austrian customs and he is pulling his hair out with waiting for them,they held my models for several weeks,he has just let me know there is movement again so maybe the delay is with Customs.I have full faith in him as i have phoned him personally over the phone and he seems to be a Honest dealer. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :danke: :occasion14:

#10 OFFLINE   Carmodelz-com

Carmodelz-com

• DX Community
  • 98 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:at

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:24 PM

Hi to you all.

We couldn't send your Friday evening order any sooner jusali. Yesterday was a national Holiday, so we weren't able to send any sooner than today. Sorry about that.

Unfortunately shipping from Austria can be slow from time to time. When located in the Netherlands, which is a country that lives of transport and im- and export, it was much easier to ship very fast. We now have shipments to the USA that arrive in only 2 days and others within Europe varying from 2 days to worst cases of 8 days. (which is often also caused by Holidays and people not being home) Shipping is also more expensive for us from Austria, but we have not raised our shipping rates and it still is free for most EU countries for orders of 200 Euros and more.

In Austria we ship most parcels with FedEx, which is very safe and reliable and you can check every movement of the parcel.

As drivinghermad already wrote, Austria apparently is not that interested in trade companies it seems, customs processing can take ages for simple parcels. (and it is useless, since we get the taxes back again and nobody benefits). In the Netherlands customs delays were rare, in Austria unfortunately they aren't. :(

Concerning information, it is hard for us to have good information about new releases. In fact, we often learn of novelties from you guys. The internet is so fast. :) And we daily receive so many information requests, which often we cannot answer immediately. We often must contact suppliers etc about it. This way it's difficult to answer every mail, but we try to.

We used to send "Autodrop" car candy with our EU shipments. Outside EU this wasn't allowed, since food cannot be sent that easily to most countries. But the Dutch candy factory doesn't ship to Austria, so we are stuck with that. We had some orders that didn't receive any extra therefore.

But of course we like to show our thanks for orders, so we ordered an alternative that we can send worldwide. So there is something extra in every parcel from now on, but it just started last week. It's also in jusali's parcel we shipped today. ;)

#11 OFFLINE   jusali

jusali

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

Thanks Rob for the in depth and informative reply. It seems that the move to Austria has in fact caused a bit of an upheaval in the trading procedures. I hope things get better for your endeavours Rob and that the trading situation in Austria irons itself out.

#12 OFFLINE   Carmodelz-com

Carmodelz-com

• DX Community
  • 98 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:at

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:59 PM

View PostDC4ME, on 17 May 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

I purchased 2 models from them a couple of months ago and the manner it was shipped was bad. They squeezed both models in a box that was not large enough. The factory packaging got damaged and i sent a email when i received it. It took over a week for a reply from him and was told that i was lucky as the "true" shipping is way more than they charge. I had placed 2 pre-orders with them at the same time that i cancelled RIGHT AWAY!!

Hi, you wrote to us that you wanted us to send you an extra brown outer box. You suggested 2 brown boxes around Ignition 1/18 models were standard. I told you they're not standard. Occasionally they have used an extra outer box (only for the Nismo R35 and the IG0431 and IG0430), but since we needed to ship 2 1/18 models, we used another outer box. The models certainly where not squeezed in, as your own photos showed us again.

We told you we were not going to send an empty brown outer box which is not even official packaging as this would cost us a lot and we did not have anymore (around 55US$ shipping costs for a common cardboard box makes no sense). To call that garbage of service is not fair, but you are entitled to your own opinion of course.

#13 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

Well done Rob,i thank you for the full explanation .Like i say i am happy with your service and trust your judgement. :rock: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :danke: :occasion14:

#14 OFFLINE   DC4ME

DC4ME

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, BBR, Auto Art and many more.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:51 PM

View PostCarmodelz-com, on 17 May 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

View PostDC4ME, on 17 May 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

Hi, you wrote to us that you wanted us to send you an extra brown outer box. You suggested 2 brown boxes around Ignition 1/18 models were standard. I told you they're not standard. Occasionally they have used an extra outer box (only for the Nismo R35 and the IG0431 and IG0430), but since we needed to ship 2 1/18 models, we used another outer box. The models certainly where not squeezed in, as your own photos showed us again.

We told you we were not going to send an empty brown outer box which is not even official packaging as this would cost us a lot and we did not have anymore (around 55US$ shipping costs for a common cardboard box makes no sense). To call that garbage of service is not fair, but you are entitled to your own opinion of course.

Hello,

So i sent you pictures of non apparent damage? The Auto Art box was damaged. I was ok with it and did not ask for anything. I asked you to please send the box that came with the Ignition Model (you admitted to throwing it out) with the pre-order of a Make Up R35 you were going to ship that week and you would not do that.

Now add to all of this that i had to wait over a week for you to respond! I am sorry that you did not care about me cancelling my 2 pre-orders. You were happy to get rid of me as a client and i am thankful you allow me to be entitled to my opinion of your store.
Gilles

#15 OFFLINE   guggga

guggga

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,622 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No preference.
  • Proud Citizen of:in

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:03 PM

My first purchase from Rob was a cmc birdcage and it was a positive experience.  I had multiple queries before I committed and he cooperated with me even when I asked him to charge the model at a later date to my card. Won't hesitate to buy from him again.

Edited by guggga, 18 May 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   CreepyVanMan

CreepyVanMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Interests:Racing (all kinds) and Snowboarding
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, TSM, Spark

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:35 PM

I have had great experiences with Rob, even got a few newsletters in the boxes too! It was a nice touch :)
"I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I am good at everything." -Demetri Martin

#17 OFFLINE   Pz67

Pz67

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 397 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:nz

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:09 PM

I've bought somewhere around 11 -14models from rob
Only problems I've had is bloody fedex coming to deliver at the wrong times

But by far he's the best seller I've dealt with

#18 OFFLINE   the4thlord

the4thlord

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Scale Model Modification and Restoration, PC Gaming.
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Frontiart, Ignition
  • Proud Citizen of:in

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostPz67, on 18 May 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

I've bought somewhere around 11 -14models from rob
Only problems I've had is bloody fedex coming to deliver at the wrong times

But by far he's the best seller I've dealt with

Agree 100%

I've had numerous transactions with Rob... the only problems I've had is him getting my address incomplete a couple of times... minor delay in delivery but nothing else.

However, ever since he's stopped using FEDEX for shipping to my country, things have become sort of worrisome with packages being received much slower and with the threat of damage looming large. I believe he's still looking into alternative, safer companies to ship with.

Other than that he's by far the most friendly and co-operative seller I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
Posted Image
Flickr for all my pics
Facebook Page for all my modifications.

#19 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

:agreed:  I have bought from Rob many times and never had any issues. Thanks tons Rob!! :10: :10: :occasion14:

Posted Image

Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

#20 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,797 posts
  • Interests:Cars and living life to the full
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, FrontiArt..... Well anything except minichamps

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:17 PM

I've bought many models from Rob. Won't think of buying anywhere else, Always top service. Second to none imo.
I'll be ordering a P1 off him soon as he gets one in.
Posted Image

#21 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:31 AM

I have bought many Frontiart models and few Autoart ones from Rob at Carmodelz. They always have the best Frontiart prices. Up to date, I have never had any problem. Honest guy I gotta say and he always offers solution to work with you when problem arises. I dont have anything bad to say about him. Infact, i just bought another Frontiart model from him. Shipping to the US took less than a week because he uses fedex. Fedex is indeed more expensive and no worries about customs problem since they go through it quickly unoike usps which always takes days or weeks...
From my personal experience, Rob is the only seller that gets to know his buyer even when you ask him things that are not business related. Unlike other sellers who only know you if you have business for them.

Edited by blieu118, 25 May 2016 - 09:36 AM.

#22 OFFLINE   TezcanS.

TezcanS.

• DX Community
  • 1 posts
  • Number of Models:314 in 1:18 Scale
  • Favorite Brands:MR Models, BBR, Frontiart, Tecnomodel, Autoart, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:tr

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:11 AM

Hello. I am a long time follower but i have never had the chance to write to his forum. It might seem unfortunate to start with a "disaster" topic but for the last two weeks i am trying to reach Rob or anyone from sales@carmodez.com but i get no reply.

I ordered Frontiart CC8S White and IG LB Works R35 from them, CC8S came all ruined in pieces literally, and R35 came with a broken head lamp cover. They replaced my CC8S with a different model that i wanted and told me they will send me the spare part (headlamp cover) for R35 but since then i feel like they are ignoring me, which is unfortunate.

I have preorders from them but they keep ignoring. I wanted to ask if anyone from this forum is having the same difficulty with them or is it just me? All i wanted was a reply from them even if it is negative. Very disappointing

Edited by TezcanS., 09 December 2016 - 03:43 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:08 AM

I have spoke to Rob a few times earlier in the year but for the last couple of months i too have had no reply's to my emails.I know he has said there is not enough hours in the day to answer all his emails and he is regularly up in the early hours replying to emails.It is strange that for the last three or four emails sent i have had no replies too. :dunno: I put it down to him being too busy ?
If you are reading this Rob we are wanting some replies. :danke:

#24 OFFLINE   AOS

AOS

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 437 posts
  • Interests:Classical Music
  • Favorite Brands:Ignition

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

Time to hire a minimum-wage part-timer to answer emails.

#25 ONLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,938 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:00 AM

Lol same here. Last time I got a reply was a month ago
Wes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use