9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Phwoarrr

Phwoarrr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:35 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong sub-forum; couldn't find one for GT Spirit specifically.

Anyways, so I just got a white 964 Turbo 3.6, which is a splendid looking model, however there are a few things that are nagging at me that I would like your opinion on - am I being just way too critical or should I send it back to CK Models? This is my first GTS model, but not my first sealed resin model; I have 2 models from Otto (400R & M3 CSL) and I had no issues with those at all.

Please see the photos below

Posted Image

Unevenly painted black bumper trim & odd looking dent on bumper (you can slightly feel it when you put your finger over it)

Posted Image

Sloppy black paint on the edge of the whale tail (on both sides)

Posted Image

Another odd dent (slightly smaller) near the base of rear window corner (looks like a pin hole)

Posted Image

Scratch on left side windshield

There's also some light black paint smudges in the white paint on the whale tail that was hard to capture in photos as well as both the Porsche crest on the front & the turbo script on the back are either off centered or crooked.

If I send this model back to CK models, are they a pain in the butt to deal with? Do I have to pay postage again (for it to be returned or for another one to come to me?)

Thanks for your help guys

Edited by Phwoarrr, 20 May 2016 - 10:39 PM.

Posted Image
Latest Additions:
AUTOart Wangan Midnight Blackbird
AUTOart Porsche 964 Carrera RS (Rubystone)
AUTOart McLaren P1 (Yellow)

Incoming/Pre-ordered:

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 8,948 posts
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:50 PM

I would keep it but those indentations are strange, cant say I have ever had that on a model. Must be a resin thing.

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,062 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:175
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:15 PM

Scratch on the windscreen would any the hell out of me. Typically, small issues are not enough to send a model back, but the windscreen I would not be happy with. But, with everything else, it might be worth looking for a replacement.

#4 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,885 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:44 PM

The only resin model I even owned for a day was the Sport Classic and the stripe was slightly off center. These are hand made and using pretty basic techniques so you're always gonna have imperfections here and there. I wouldn't have even noticed them.
Wes

#5 OFFLINE   Phwoarrr

Phwoarrr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:09 AM

View PostJosh, on 20 May 2016 - 10:50 PM, said:

I would keep it but those indentations are strange, cant say I have ever had that on a model. Must be a resin thing.

I agree about the indentations, I've never seen anything similar to it either, even on resin models (mine or ones in the shops)

View Postpreisman, on 20 May 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

Scratch on the windscreen would any the hell out of me. Typically, small issues are not enough to send a model back, but the windscreen I would not be happy with. But, with everything else, it might be worth looking for a replacement.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking - each little issue isn't a big concern, but when you add them up, it makes a difference. Being that the model is white, I'm wondering if that brings out the imperfects even more.

View PostStratosWRC, on 20 May 2016 - 11:44 PM, said:

The only resin model I even owned for a day was the Sport Classic and the stripe was slightly off center. These are hand made and using pretty basic techniques so you're always gonna have imperfections here and there. I wouldn't have even noticed them.

Good point - I can see why you decided not to keep the Sport Classic; an off centered stripe would have bugged the crap out of me!

Thanks guys for the quick replies - I think I'm going to contact CK Models and see what they can do for me; there's no harm in trying at this point!

Edited by Phwoarrr, 21 May 2016 - 12:09 AM.

Posted Image
Latest Additions:

Incoming/Pre-ordered:

#6 OFFLINE   lateapex

lateapex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,774 posts
  • Number of Models:70-80
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Schuco, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:no

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:01 AM

Small issues, but several so the sum is too much for me. I would send it back.

#7 OFFLINE   ocz4life

ocz4life

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 800 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:rs

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:48 AM

Let me tell you, that small scratch and a dent - that's your sample. You if bothers you get a replacement. BTW if you have a fine polish compound I think you can remove that small scratch too. As for black paint over spilling, that's how every sample is. If you get a replacement you will have that over spill as well just a bit different. I'd try to remove it with a toothpick or a wax designed for scratches either way. White isn't the best color to get a resin model from GTS or Otto in because those little free hand painted imperfections will show

#8 OFFLINE   Retroclassics

Retroclassics

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 979 posts
  • Number of Models:30+
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, Kyosho, Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:04 AM

I'd personally send the model back, although they're only small imperfections there is quite a few of them, the scratch on the windscreen being the worst... The "Dent's" look to be pit holes or air that has escaped from the mold itself... CK model's are very easy to deal with, whenever I've spoke to them I've always had a fast and pleasant response, so sending the model back wouldn't be a problem... As for the postage, you do not need to pay anything, all you do is print off the return shipping label via their return portal and then just take the package to your nearest post office, that's all there is to it... I sent a model back to CK quite recently and the whole process took about five day's (From the UK to Germany) :occasion14:

#9 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,593 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:35 AM

I'd go for a replacment too, no model is ever perfect, but the scratch on the window is really annoying!

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#10 OFFLINE   Phwoarrr

Phwoarrr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:00 AM

Many thanks for your opinions and your experiences with CK guys. :occasion14:

Spoke with CK and their response has been quick as mentioned; will send it back as long as I can secure another one.
Posted Image
Latest Additions:

Incoming/Pre-ordered:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use