Diecast Fan

• DX Community
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Photography & LEGO
  • Number of Models:14
  • Favorite Brands:Hot Wheels Elite
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:03 PM

I just got a Pagani Huayra and I noticed there are some quality control issues.  I'm wondering if anyone has the same issues on their models and if any of them can be fixed...

- front right active spoiler does not open (or at least I haven't been able to get it to open.  I didn't want to apply much more force than I did for the other three spoilers, for fear it might break.)

- rear active spoilers' maximum angle when opened is not the same (not a big issue.  I can lower one slightly so they are even; it's just a small inconvenience).

- odd snap/creaking sound when opening the passenger door

- engine cover has the same snap/creaking sound when I open and close it.  It's also a bit wobbly and does not stay open (is it supposed to be like this?).

This is my second GT Autos Huayra, as the first one I received had a major defect - the left front wheel did not touch the ground.  I returned that one and got this in exchange, so I'd really rather not go through the hassle again of returning my Huayra.
My Collection

Recent Additions: Maisto Audi R8 V10 Plus, Maisto 2017 Ford GT

Wishlist: HWE Ferrari 458 Italia GT2, HWE Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spider, Bburago LaFerrari

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

Sorry to hear that, my red one had other issues (the model had been packed while the paint was still soft and it affected the paint) but I was able to polish it out and now it looks great.
I guess you get what you pay for. The earlier models were finished better IMO,  I had a gold one that was perfect.

#3 OFFLINE   Diecast Fan

Diecast Fan

• DX Community
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Photography & LEGO
  • Number of Models:14
  • Favorite Brands:Hot Wheels Elite
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

View PostGuiddy, on 08 June 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

Sorry to hear that, my red one had other issues (the model had been packed while the paint was still soft and it affected the paint) but I was able to polish it out and now it looks great.
I guess you get what you pay for. The earlier models were finished better IMO,  I had a gold one that was perfect.
Oh that sounds really bad.  At least the paint on mine was not affected, so it looks great on display!
My Collection

Recent Additions: Maisto Audi R8 V10 Plus, Maisto 2017 Ford GT

Wishlist: HWE Ferrari 458 Italia GT2, HWE Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spider, Bburago LaFerrari

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use