#26 OFFLINE   Magnus

Magnus

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 218 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:23 AM

Thanks for the photos! They'll tide me over until I can get one of my own.

Regarding the engine bay: I think the issue is that a fair amount of detail is getting lost in the black plastic. The problem isn't the moulding and parts so much as the colour, or lack thereof.

The engine bay would look a lot better if many of the cables and pipes, as well as the rear crash structure that is flanking the exhaust, were coloured silver.

I've found a couple more photos of the engine bay:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Magnus, 07 July 2016 - 07:24 AM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,954 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

This is why I always say grab a few paints, a tiny brush and go at it! But damn, that is an ugly looking engine
Wes

#28 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,278 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostStratosWRC, on 07 July 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

This is why I always say grab a few paints, a tiny brush and go at it! But damn, that is an ugly looking engine
That's the thing though, you shouldn't have to do that! :twocents:

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#29 OFFLINE   Magnus

Magnus

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 218 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:02 AM

View PostCraig, on 07 July 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

I agree. It's a shame, because like I said, in terms of parts and moulding, it's actually pretty good. The existing engine bay just needs some silver paint and carbon fibre detailing.

It's a case of 'so close, and yet so far.'

#30 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:50 PM

The real p1 engine bay is uglier then a semi truck with the cab tilted forward.

#31 OFFLINE   CarPool

CarPool

• DX Community
  • 24 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:sg

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:29 AM

View Postsnackwel5, on 02 July 2016 - 09:28 PM, said:

Nice pics of the model! Glad to not see production website photos. I am extremely shocked at the engine detail on this. I thought I was looking at a hot wheels or a maisto model! Now I know why they never showed the engine on the website lol. At least they got the shape of the car and the interior down. I'm surprised though of why a composite model is $250... That's more than the EB110 that came out last year, and that one was metal and had decent details except for the interior! I thought the composite series was gonna be their "cheaper" series??

Oh just curious, where did you get that stand for your 1:18 autoart f1? It looks really nice and I would like to display my f1 on a nice base like that
Thanks. The "stand" is actually the base of an autoart display casing. The cover was removed for phototaking. Hope that address your question.

Edited by CarPool, 14 July 2016 - 02:31 AM.

#32 OFFLINE   CarPool

CarPool

• DX Community
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:37 AM

View PostHAj, on 05 July 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

how to attach the wing to its place? and how to make it raise up?
to be honest I was having quite a hard time trying to figure out how the spoiler works. Cannot really match what was written on the manual to the actual model and not to mention the fear of breaking the plastic parts.

In the end I just simply clip on the spoiler onto the spoke and then manually pull it up. And it doesn't really stay up too well. But then again maybe I can not doing it the right way.

#33 OFFLINE   CarPool

CarPool

• DX Community
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:45 AM

View PostMagnus, on 09 July 2016 - 12:02 AM, said:

View PostCraig, on 07 July 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

I agree. It's a shame, because like I said, in terms of parts and moulding, it's actually pretty good. The existing engine bay just needs some silver paint and carbon fibre detailing.

It's a case of 'so close, and yet so far.'
IMO, it could be a case of AUTOart trying to backup their claim of lowering the cost using composite material. If you compare the RRP of the Mclaren F1 with P1, the P1 despite being marketed as a signature series and release much later than the F1, have the lower RRP. I suspect in order to cut the cost of production in order to cater for the "lower" selling price, they cut corners. This could explain why the P1 comes with such a sparsely detail enginee as well as poorly engineered spoiler.

#34 OFFLINE   wackygt

wackygt

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Number of Models:23
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Hotwheels Elite, Kyosho

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:04 PM

View PostCarPool, on 14 July 2016 - 02:37 AM, said:

View PostHAj, on 05 July 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

how to attach the wing to its place? and how to make it raise up?

to be honest I was having quite a hard time trying to figure out how the spoiler works. Cannot really match what was written on the manual to the actual model and not to mention the fear of breaking the plastic parts.

In the end I just simply clip on the spoiler onto the spoke and then manually pull it up. And it doesn't really stay up too well. But then again maybe I can not doing it the right way.

Yeah the rear wing is one flimsy thing. Clipping it on was the most nerve racking part for me. To raise the wing up, there is a tiny little tool - a thin stick with a right angle at each end. You stick it in the holes under the floor of the model just behind the rear wheels when you want to raise the spoiler.

#35 OFFLINE   akeel1

akeel1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 177 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

Where's the best place to purchase this model in Europe?

#36 OFFLINE   spanner76

spanner76

• DX Community
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:stuff
  • Favorite Brands:Classic Carlectables, Auto World, TSM, Universal Hobbies, Minichamps, AUTOart, Kyosho, Exoto, CMC

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:09 AM

the engine bay of the AUTOart P1 is quite lackluster and disappointing to be honest.. I think one of the best detailed engine bays of any 1/18 model that I have seen is that of the Pagani Zonda R! Its magnificent! Definitely deserves to be a Signature Series model especially compared to many other Signature Series models that absolutely do not. One being their Aventador.. I recently purchased the AUTOart Performance series Murcielago SV LP670-4 and in many ways it is a superior model compared to the Aventador. Personally I believe the Murcielago deserves to be a Signature series model.

#37 OFFLINE   blackvitzrs

blackvitzrs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:25 AM

I have seen all of the colors of the Autoart P1 so far minus the orange, matt black suits autoart's P1 best. But having said that, I'm still not feeling the red striping.

Stance is sure aggressive though. Thanks for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use