#1 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 999 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of:rs

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:21 AM

I don't know if this happen to the other members but lately some stores start sending me models that are previously opened and then returned to them. Modelissimo use to do it on regular basis (and when I say regular I mean every time) at the end it annoyed me so much that I returned them all models I ordered and just stopped ordering from them. Till this year I didn't have issues with other stores (usually they would send brand new models), however in past few months two more stores started similar practice. They would send me the used models instead of brand new without telling me anything about it. Model comes and then I get unpleasant surprise. In all cases models costed $200+ (two CMC's and one Signature AUTOart). Also, in both stores I leave $750+ per year and due to that I have a discount on all orders. So, you could say that I was sort of valuable customer.
One of my friends had (well, I hope it is past tense) similar issue but after threatening one store that he will stop making his purchases over there they stopped doing it (he use to leave 600+ euros per month).
And now, I am really curios do other people have similar issues? Do stores tend to send them used items? If they do, how do you resolve the case and did they stopped doing it?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,885 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:24 AM

How do you know it was a returned one? Modellissimo and CK sometimes sell the model that was used for the stock photos. They pack it in the box kind of haphazardly. Happened to me twice. I knew it cause I got the last one they had. So usually if you see it's the last one, make sure you really want it cause it may be that!
Wes

#3 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 999 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:57 AM

Let start how I know it was used. Plastic bag is missing, tape is cut ~ so far that was the case on all used CMC's and AUTOart. Now depending on the model, broken part, missing part, paint rush, damage on the floor where model is screwed to the base, on CMC's usually moving part is bent. . . Since you are mentioning CK I ordered from them two CMC's and in both cases they were not the last on the stock (Maserati 300s one more, Bugatti Mozart 3 more) and after asking to get brand new in the box or money back I got money back.
I would prefer if they would openly tell me "Hey we don't have brand new in the box on stock, how about xy% discount and you get open box/returned/used model?". That way I would feel bit more respected and that my business is valuable and appreciated. This way I feel like an idiot and I really don't have any desire to go back and make any orders from them. As I sad, I was annoyed by Modelissimo in the past so much that at the end I got my Bugatti Mozart from US seller for 100$ more. I simply didn't want to buy the model and get open/used/whatever model and then to write them one more e-mail to request either new or money back. And now, I don't even bother to go to see what modelissimo has on stock. I really don't care. They could sell brand new in the box CMC's for 1$ and I will not even bother to go and to see them.

Also I forgot to say this last model I got used is Koenigsegg Agera and I know it was not opened for the pictures because seller uses only pictures that are provided by the manufacturer.

#4 OFFLINE   lateapex

lateapex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,774 posts
  • Number of Models:70-80
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Schuco, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:no

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:13 AM

I havent had any issues with CK so far, but I also avoid Modelissimo.

Opened doesnt have to mean used, some sellers check models before shipping them out.

#5 OFFLINE   mcaf123

mcaf123

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 924 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:40 AM

I've had this issue multiple times with CK, but they've denied they ever do it. In one instance they re-sent me a model I had just sent back!
Please check out my collection thread HERE

#6 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 999 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:04 AM

This seller never before send me open model. So, story about checking is not passing, and as I mention there are traces of screws on the bottom of the model. CK also sends sealed models, and in general all big stores send you sealed models. As far as I know only small e-bay sellers will send you "open model for the inspection", but big stores no. And here I am talking about big stores like CK, Modelissimo and others.

#7 OFFLINE   didcos

didcos

• DX Community
  • 4 posts
  • Favorite Brands:autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:ch

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:13 AM

I'm also quite certain that CK put back in sale models that where sent back to them. Very often, a few days after one of the models in their catalogue becomes sold out, suddenly it becomes available again. My advice would be never to buy in this situation! I'm pretty sure such models have been returned to them by unhappy customers. I've made that experience a few times and discussing it with fellow collectiors, I'm obviously not the only one!

Such practices must be financially beneficial for them as not all people that buy models have the same expectations regarding quality. Therefore, one model that I judge as bad could be accepted by another customer. Also, when the model price is quite low, some people don't want the hassle of returning it. So unless a model has some very big visible damage (like missing a wheel !), there's a good chance they will be able to get away with it.

#8 ONLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

Some valuable pointers.
If you see something you are interested in, check the companies e-bay site. E-bay requires any issues to be clearly stated on the header and detailed in the text. It may end up costing the same as the website price, with the guarantees e-bay insists on.
CK have two bricks and mortar retail stores of their own, and models have have been opened for possible customer viewing. They also have a partner retailer elsewhere in Germany. If a retailer has had issues with a batch of items, or problems with the brand in question, it's not unreasonable to think they will check the whole shipment.
German 'distance selling' laws require a cooling off period, when you can change your mind or return items at your whim.
I had to return a Spark GT40 to Modelissimo recently, and it was replaced by a brand new alternative. I was happy with their service.
Faulty items sent back to CK were similarly dealt with efficiently - even if the item was heavily discounted.
One last point, in the comments box at the payment phase, insist that the item be brand new and unopened - this should appear as part of the order confirmation e-mail.

Edited by slartibartfast229, 24 July 2016 - 01:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use