Jersey_Devil's 1st 1/43rds: TSM Jim Hall Chaparral 2G, Riverside Can-Am

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,024 posts
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing Pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:117 (with one on the way)
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

1966 was to be the year that Ford finally won Le Mans and beat Ferrari for the World Sportscar Championship. To that end, the Ford factory teams focused on Daytona, Sebring and Le Mans (which it would eventually sweep), but there were  seven races for the Over-2-Liter division that the GT40 Mk. IIs competed in and to ignore the rest would deprive them of a shot at the season title (though Le Mans was definitely the crown jewel).

Monza, the Targa Florio, Spa and the Nürburgring constituted the rest of the series. Monza was Ferrari’s home ground and the Mk. II’s were ill-suited to either the Targa or the undulating Nürburgring so the factory Fords skipped all three. But the high-speed Spa circuit could be a competitive venue so, though hampered by the fact that Spa was the same day as the Monaco Grand Prix so all Ford’s F1 drivers were unavailable, Alan Mann Racing entered the Mk. II that Dan Gurney and Jerry Grant had driven to 2nd place in the season-opening Daytona 24-Hour race for their drivers Sir John Whitmore and Frank Gardner.

Mikes Parkes and Ludovico Scarfiotti would drive the sole factory Ferrari 330P3 to pole and a one-lap victory over the AMR Mk. II but the Ford’s second place would provide the margin that allowed Ford to clinch the 1966 Over-2-Liter  International Manufacturers Championship with their win at Le Mans the following month.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Left: Starting grid for the 1966 Spa 1000 Km.: #1 Parkes/Scarfiotti Ferrari 330P3, #4 Whitmore Gardner Ford GT40 Mk. II and #42 (hidden) Scott/Revson Ford GT40 Mk. I
Right: Whitmore/Gardner on their way to finish in 2nd place

Interesting note: often overlooked in the triumph of the Mk. IIs was that during this same season, Essex Wire Corporation of Detroit, Michigan, having entered auto racing in 1965 sponsoring a Cobra, ran a pair of GT40 Mk. Is in the Over-2-Liter Sports class (for Group 4 cars of which at least 50 had been produced). Team manager and lead driver was Skip Scott who recruited Peter Revson, Dr. Dick Thompson (“The Racing Dentist”), Ed Lowther, Masten Gregory, Augie Pabst, Whitmore, David Hobbs, Jochen Neerpasch and Jackie Ickx to drive when available in six of the seven events (skipping the Targa) for the class. They won their class at Sebring (3rd overall), Monza (2nd overall to a Ferrari 330P3), Spa (3rd overall) and with class wins in the other races by other teams’ GT40s (though none as high in the overall standings), helped win Ford the Over-2-Liter  International Sportscar Championship the same year.

Posted Image
Scott/Revson on their way to 3rd overall and 1st in the O2L Sports class

As anyone who has viewed my collection will know, I’ve tried to collect all the Mk. IIs available in 1/18th diecast. But the Spa version is one of several that has never been released by anyone, so when I saw Diecast Select offered the 1/43rd Minichamps version of this car for under $35, I decided to break my rule and buy the little imp (with two others), the first 1/43rds I’ve owned since some years ago when I bought another car unlikely to be released in my chosen scale, the Penske Sunoco Ferrari 512M (since sold).

One of the appeals of this model is that it’s still in diecast and has the added touch of having an opening rear deck with a detailed engine compartment, something I did not expect in this scale, particularly at this price. The execution of the model is outstanding, the details very good when compared to my Exoto 1/18th versions, and the simple livery (white with a matte black front deck - sorry for not brushing it off before photographing!) is done properly. It even has the lettering on the thin ribbon below the doors: "ALAN MANN RACING LTD. BYFLEET ENGLAND".

The hooks on the nose for the tire-lifting mechanism are a beautiful touch (though the left one is slightly tilted at the bottom) as is the detailed interior. On the rear deck it correctly has the twin brake scoops that were added to the Mk. IIs after Daytona, though the center rectangular scoop between them has exaggeratedly high side walls compared to the 1:1:

Posted Image

I love the mesh grate on the rear but that’s also where my major criticism is leveled, as the grate isn’t properly fitted – it looks like it was not correctly formed and sized to fit the body indents where it goes.

And under the clear covers, the headlights are a bit wonky, not level, and they appear to be dual headlights, which according to the one pic I have of the 1:1 should be rectangular SINGLE lenses, as demonstrated on the Exoto versions:

Posted Image

Still, it’s a little beauty and for the price, easily a steal.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Jersey_Devil, 17 August 2016 - 09:57 PM.

I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,509 posts
  • Interests:Family. Diecast. LFC. Movies. Top Gear UK.
  • Favorite Brands:If its a Porsche... It'll do me!!
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

Congrats on the new 1/43 mate. Looks great, Be careful though Red. 43's are a very slippery slope indeed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#3 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,024 posts
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing Pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:44 PM

I hear that, Dave. I've already started looking for cars not covered in the larger scales, particularly driven by my man Dan Gurney, when previously my fingers would automatically cramp up when attempting to type "1/43" in the search box  :rolleyes:.

But fear not - I am holding them to a higher standard (and lower prices) than most 1/43rds I see so unless I run into the right cars on sale (like the Diecast Select going-out-of-business sale that enticed me into this triple purchase), they will still be few and far between in my collection!

Next up: Dan Gurney's 1967 Riverside Rex Mays 300-winning Eagle-Offy!
- Red

#4 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:52 AM

I am a Ferrari Fanboy first and foremost and hate that Ford killed Ferrari's dominance at Le Mans. But the GT40 is exceptional in so many ways that it is hard not to like (many have sneaked their way into my collection). The shape, the bellowing V8s and their durability once developed made for an all time endurance classic.

Not sure about dipping a toe in the 1/43 pond, I have seen the water is very deep and has lost many a 1/18 collector. But then again as you have stated there are many obscure vehicles that have only been modeled in 1/43 scale. Good luck fighting future addiction

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:33 PM

LOL! Thank you, Simon - with friends like you in my support group, I should be able to withstand the temptation - to a point. I mean, how could I resist three of my more desired models for less than $35 USD each? Since their usual going rates are in the $70-80 range, i won't have too much trouble staying 1/18th strong, despite the relative lack of new diecasts in my chosen category - POWER TO THE SCALE :eusa_clap:!
- Red

#6 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:49 PM

In late 1964 Dan Gurney and Carroll Shelby, with financial backing from Goodyear, established All American Racers. Although Gurney negotiated the right to design and manufacture F1 cars – his true love – it was always Goodyear’s intent that AAR would be a producer of Indy cars after they were embarrassed in 1964 when the night before the 500 all the Goodyear cars in the race changed to Firestone after the Firestones had been proven to be faster, leading to some overnight “backroom negotiations”. This way, Goodyear controlled the team creating the cars so no such shenanigans could occur.

Dan could be considered the man behind Lotus’ campaign at Indy, having bought Colin Chapman an airline ticket to view the 500 in 1962 and talking Ford into supplying the engines for their campaign of built-for-Indy Lotus 29 chassis. He became Jim Clark’s teammate at Lotus in 1963 when the Scot almost won the 500 in his and the team’s rookie year (and probably should have since race leader Parnelli Jones’ roadster was leaking oil late in the race and officials had made it clear that would result in a black flag – but, after heated discussions, didn’t wave it despite cars crashing on the oil. Home cooking, anyone?); Gurney finished 7th after extra stops for tires.  

In August, Clark and Gurney qualified 1-2 and finished 1st (leading every lap) and 3rd (after being slowed by a misfire) in the Milwaukee 200, the first-ever victory for a rear-engined car in the Championship Car series. In September, the duo qualified 1-2 again for the Trenton 200; Clark led the first 49 laps until a broken oil line put him out and Gurney led the next 97 until the same malady parked him.

In the horrific 1964 Indy 500, Clark took pole with record-setting speeds and Gurney in the 2nd Lotus 34-Ford was 6th, but Chapman stubbornly ignored suggestions to use the favored Firestone tires in lieu of Dunlops. Clark ran away and hid at the start but, as predicted, the Dunlops were not up to the stress and they came apart, damaging Clark’s suspension and putting him out. Gurney’s car would be withdrawn later for safety reasons after the same tire chunking occurred to his Dunlops.

Len Terry designed the dominant Lotus 38 that Jim Clark led 190 of the 200 laps in the 1965 500 on his way to victory. That year, the fledgling AAR organization received a new 38 as well (both cars beautifully rendered in 1/18th diecast by Carousel 1) and Gurney qualified on the front row, 3rd fastest behind Clark and polesitter A.J. Foyt.  Gurney ran 3rd in the race until he was put out on lap 42 with timing gear issues.

Posted Image
Carousel 1 Lotus 38-Ford driven by Jim Clark to win the 1965 Indy 500

Posted Image
My Carousel 1 AAR Lotus 38-Ford driven by Dan Gurney in the 1965 Indy 500

In August, Gurney would qualify and finish 3rd in the Milwaukee 150; the race was won by Joe Leonard in an AAR-owned Halibrand Shrike with two other AAR Shrikes finishing 5th (Roger McCluskey) and 9th (Lloyd Ruby) (AAR was campaigning the Shrikes for the three drivers nearly full-time in 1965 and Leonard would finish the season 6th in the USAC Champ Car standings, McCluskey 7th and Ruby 13th driving half the season for AAR). Two weeks later at the same track, Gurney qualified the AAR Lotus 38 2nd and lead 28 laps but DNF'd in the Milwaukee 200 while Ruby, McCluskey and Leonard's AAR Shrikes would finish 3rd through 5th.

The first AAR Eagles were designed by Terry (who had parted with Lotus to join AAR before his 38 won the 500); the Mark 1 Eagles were the Formula One cars, the Mark 2 was the 1966 Indy car and the Mark 3 the 1967 Indy car. The first Indy Eagle to race was Lloyd Ruby’s in April’s Trenton 150; he qualified 2nd and led until engine failure at quarter distance.

At Indy in May, 1966, five Eagles were entered and all qualified. The three AAR cars were driven by Gurney, Ruby (both released by Carousel 1 in 1/18th diecast) and Joe Leonard, while the others went to frequent Gurney co-driver Jerry Grant and Roger McCluskey. Gurney's #31 was one of the victims of the infamous first-lap crash that took out 11 cars:

Posted Image

while Leonard, Grant and McCluskey were classified in 9th, 10th and 13th at race end. Ruby, however, began the string of incidents that made him possibly the unluckiest driver in Indy history, leading 68 laps and dominating until his car lost its oil and the engine failed only 30 laps from the end.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Left: Carousel 1 AAR Eagle Mk. 2-Ford driven by Dan Gurney in the 1966 Indy 500; Right: Carousel 1 AAR Eagle Mk. 2-Ford driven by Lloyd Ruby in the 1966 Indy 500

But on August 7, 1966, McCluskey drove his G.C. Murphy Stores Special Eagle Mk. 2-Ford to victory in the Langhorne 150, his and the Eagle’s first victory.

1967 saw six new Mk. 3 Eagles entered in the 500: AAR had three for Gurney (also well-done by Carousel 1):
Posted Image
My Carousel 1 AAR Wagner-Lockheed Eagle Mk. 3-Ford as driven by Gurney in the 1967 Indy 500

Grant and future F1 World Champion Jochen Rindt, two for Bobby Unser and McCluskey and Smokey Yunick entered one for 1967 F1 World Champ-to-be Denny Hulme. Gurney qualified 2nd to Mario Andretti and ran in that position behind Parnelli Jones’s controversial STP Paxton turbine until problems with his fuel tank selector put him back in the standings and he went out at lap 160 with a dropped valve. The only finishers were Rookie of the Year Hulme, 4th in his Eagle with typical Yunick flourishes, such as aerodynamically smoothing wheel covers:

Posted Image

and Unser in 9th.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Left: Carousel 1 Eagle Mk. 3-Ford driven by Bobby Unser in the 1967 Indy 500 and to 3rd in the 1967 USAC Championship Car standings; Right: Unser in the 1:1 finishing 2nd in the 1967 Riverside Rex Mays 300

Gurney’s only other foray into Indy cars in 1967 was the season-ending and championship-deciding inaugural Rex Mays 300 at what most considered Dan’s home track, Riverside. This time, the typical dual-overhead-cam Ford engine was replaced by a stock block Ford engine with Gurney-Weslake heads, similar to, but a larger displacement than the one that failed in Rindt’s car at Indy. Other mods included aerodynamic aids such as nose tabs and a “brace” that stabilized the exhausts but also served as a rudimentary rear spoiler.

Not surprisingly, Gurney took pole and, though pressed early by double-F1 champion Jim Clark in a Vollstedt-Ford until Clark’s engine broke a lap after taking the lead, led at will and, after a flat tire took him out of the lead, battled back to win the race ahead of Bobby Unser in his Rislone Eagle-Ford.

https://www.flickr.c...tream/lightbox/

Photo of Clark having just taken the lead from Gurney, blowing up (link is to Flickr album full of never-before-seen photos of the race!)

Posted ImagePosted Image
Left: Gurney on his way to victory in the Rex Mays 300; Right: Jim Clark in the Vollstedt-Ford at Riverside - this would be his last Indy car race as he was killed the following April, 1968

Spark’s 1/43rd rendition of the Rex Mays-winning Eagle is superb, as one might expect, with incredible detail, down to the decals and labeling on the headers. It has no opening or moving parts but offers an excellent static representation of this victorious car (though I still prefer my Carousel 1 1/18th Indy version).  

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Next: 1968 Chaparral 2G!

Edited by Jersey_Devil, 17 August 2016 - 11:35 AM.

- Red

#7 OFFLINE   Scalainj

Scalainj

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, HPI, Neo
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:58 AM

You are on the slippery slope mate. And it seems you have just donned your margarine trousers
Welcome to 1/43. I started with 2 to complement the 1/18s.
Fine choices on the above two.
When you have nothing good to say, best say nothing.

It only has 140 horses. I exercise them daily

#8 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,509 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:20 AM

Congrats on another 43 mate. Looks like theres plenty of detail there.

@ Andy, Love it, Margarine trousers.  :giggle:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ferdinand Porsche.

#9 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:17 AM

It's all right, Andy - since my theme is limited to racing cars and I want the features (opening doors, hatches, etc.), there are only so many 1/43rds that I will "tolerate" in my collection that lack them - I've already sampled and rejected adding a significant number of resins to my 1/18th inventory for that reason.

So that margarine will be on my toast, not my pants :nice:...
- Red

#10 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,509 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:49 PM

I went through a stage of trying to get a 43 to match up with my 18's. Trouble is, With 43's, There's just so many little beauties to choose from.

Ferdinand Porsche.

#11 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:56 PM

As the 1968 Canadian-American Challenge Cup series start date approached, Jim Hall’s Chaparral Cars was hard at work on the radical 2H “coupe”. Unfortunately, during testing on the Monday before the first race, the car suffered a major suspension failure that led them to classify it as a design flaw which delayed the appearance of the redesigned car for another year.

So when Hall showed up at Road America for the Can-Am opener, it was with the 2G from 1967, updated with huge “truck” fenders on the rear for wider rear tires and a scoop on top of the engine injectors. However, race day was rainy and, forced to start on skinny rain tires, the car was a handful and Hall spun twice on his way to fifth place.

Posted Image
Hall's 2G during the rainy 1968 Road America Can-Am. Note the undersized tires that caused race-long handling problems.

Bridgehampton was bright and sunny and this time on an increasingly oily track, the 2G on its Firestone tires was a match for the all-conquering Goodyear-shod McLarens. Hall took the lead and was consolidating it when his injector check valve stuck and the engine lost power. By the time the problem resolved itself, a third of the race had passed, too late to make up lost ground; Hall finished 2nd behind Mark Donohue after the factory McLarens dropped out.

Posted Image
Hall after passing Bruce McLaren and now setting out after Denny Hulme's M8A in the Bridgehampton Can-Am before engine troubles slowed him

Posted Image
Hall leading Denny Hulme and Bruce McLaren's M8As in the Bridgehampton Can-Am before engine troubles slowed him

At Edmonton, Alberta, the 2G, now with an even wider wing and larger nose “mustaches”, had survived being dropped off its trailer on the drive up from New York to qualify 3rd, only 0.4 seconds behind Bruce and Denny (who’d both done the same time for the front row). When the race started, he battled McLaren for 2nd place, taking the position from Bruce only to have a rear brake caliper crack and force him to the pits for fifteen laps. He came back out, far behind the pack, but tied McLaren for the fastest lap of the race, 0.7 seconds FASTER than the pole time to finish a distant 11th after making up a lap.

Posted Image
Jim Hall's Chaparral 2G leading Bruce McLaren and Mark Donohue during the 1968 Edmonton Can-Am

Posted Image
Jim Hall's Chaparral 2G lapping Gary Wilson's McLaren M1B-Chevy during the 1968 Edmonton Can-Am. Note the packed stands for this first race at the new track!

The Laguna Seca Can-Am held promise as Hall qualified the 2G 2nd (holding pole until a late lap by McLaren edged him by less than one-tenth of a second). But his effort was wasted as before the pace lap, the Chaparral’s Chevy engine backfired, jamming the starter and putting the car out before the race began.

Posted Image
Hall's 2G and Charlie Hayes' McKee Mk. 10-Turbo Olds being pushed aside, both unable to start their engines, after the rest of the field has left on the pace lap for the 1968 Laguna Seca Can-Am

The Riverside Los Angeles Times Grand Prix Can-Am saw the 2G start 4th but a recurrence of the Edmonton brake problem led to Hall deciding not to pit but to continue with front brakes only, ending up a lapped 3rd overall.

Posted Image
Jim Hall in the 2G at Riverside during the L.A. Times GP Can-Am

The Can-Am season-ending Las Vegas Stardust Grand Prix was a disaster for Jim Hall and the Chaparral 2G as, after qualifying 3rd behind Bruce and Denny, Mario Andretti’s overzealous attack on McLaren at the first turn resulted in yet another of Stardust’s famous multi-car trips into the desert, deranging the 2G’s left front fender. After pitting for repairs, he had to stop again for more tape and a wheel replacement due to tire rub. In his drive to make up ground, he rammed a suddenly slowing Lothar Motschenbacher and the 2G was sent tumbling into the desert, causing injuries that effectively ended Hall’s driving career (though in 1970 he would drive a few Trans-Am races in his Camaro until he confirmed more recovery and treatment would be necessary to return to form).

Posted Image
Jim Hall in the 2G at Las Vegas, probably during practice since the body is still intact

The TrueScale Miniatures 1/43rd model replicates the Riverside version of the 1968 2G and beautifully encapsulates what made this mean-looking car a challenger to the dominating McLarens with its huge fenders covering large rear wheels, the wide overhead wing (non-functioning) and the engine intake scoop. The plain white livery with the few decals is a match for the real car and a joy to view. Criticisms: the front fenders are a little too rivet-happy, unlike the smooth fenders on the 1:1, and the nose tabs are too horizontal and don't merge smoothly into the front fenders as on the real car. Also, the rear tires are not wide enough for the fenders, implying this is a adaptation of a model of the 1967 2G which lacked the add-on fenders and had smaller wheel/tire combinations.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Jersey_Devil, 18 August 2016 - 10:56 AM.

- Red

#12 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,980 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:22 PM

Holy cow, I have to sit down and read this thread at some point. Great adds, and don't you go getting lost in the 1/43 galaxy.

I was going to get the Chaparral 2J in 1:43 but I think TSM cancelled it. Very sad. No one made it to this day except some crappy old models.
Wes

#13 OFFLINE   CreepyVanMan

CreepyVanMan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,664 posts
  • Interests:Racing (all kinds) and Snowboarding
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, TSM, Spark

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:51 PM

Ahh love Chaparral and all their funky models. Shame exoto got sued because those are some of my favorite models. Great write up as usual man with lots of classic pics! Thanks for taking the time to do these beautiful history lessons!
"I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I am good at everything." -Demetri Martin

#14 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:39 PM

Thanks - writing these histories satisfies my need to talk to humans while studying :giggle:!

I have always been a HUGE Chaparral fan - my intro to them was a Cox 1/32 slot car when I was still just a young'n. I still remember the Cox decal on the 1:1s and the ad with Jim Hall intently studying the slot car:

Posted ImagePosted Image

If only Exoto understood the concept of fair business practices, they might have been able to release all the Chaparrals they previewed on their Facebook page. I still keep their pics of the prototypes for multiple versions of the 2D and the 2J just to torment myself with what might have been :gaah: ....Here's my post of them all - browse 'em and weep:

http://www.diecastxc...00#entry3221258
- Red

#15 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,509 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:00 AM

Another added so soon my friend, Haha Margarine in full effect. Looks great to be honest Red. Great history lesson also. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Ferdinand Porsche.

#16 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:52 AM

Don't fear for me - I got all three in one buy from the fire sale at Diecast Select (along with the 1/18 Minichamps Interserie Porsche 917/10), each for less than $35 USD! Until I find bargains close to that, the only margarine I'll be touching for a while will be on my food :nice:....
- Red

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use