• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:diecast cars scale 1/18
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:pk

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:47 AM

Hi folks,

Wanted to share a serious disaster i had with the ck-modelcars few weeks ago, was quite busy so didn't got time to post it, I have been their customer since years with several thousand euro's total orders.

This time i ordered 2x 1/18 NZG Mercedes Actros Trucks at 230eur each (which later jumped to 330eur), i got shipping notification on 28-09-2016 and was daily checking for the updates as i was desperately waiting for the Actros, there was no update till a week except "the instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically"

On 05-10-2016, i emailed ck-modelcars that i think there is something wrong with the tracking number because there is still no update, in return, this is the answer i get:

"thanks for your order and your payment.
The modelcar you ordered is defect and we can´t reorder it anymore.
Missing modelcar: Mercedes-Benz Actros 2 Gigaspace 4x2 FH 25 Truck tractor white 2016 1:18 NZG 2x
So we refunded the amount of 486,90€ directly to your paypal account."

I was shocked to see such a reply from them, i was extremely frustrated at the moment and replied them that i need pictures of the defected model as i can not believe that both the trucks were damaged, here's how they changed the story:

"Of course we can understand your anger in this case. But we had a stock mistake in our system, which could now be cleared. The models aren´t defect, we just don´t have any left in stock and we couldn´t re-order them. That´s why the below mentioned amount had to be refunded."

My blood was boiling at this moment, first they said that the models were defected and then they mention that they had issues in stock, i could never expect such a terrible reply from them.

Now what, the Actros model that i bought for 230eur each had already jumped to over 400euro's each, that's as much as twice the original price i paid them, i requested them a lot to arrange the models for me anyhow but all they said was "No, we can't"

I demanded that they provide me 100euros extra refund for each truck at least because technically they sold mine models for 330euros each that were sold after i placed the order - the stock mistake was their issue, not mine so they should compensate me.

And at the end, all they gave me was a 35euros voucher as a "gesture of goodwill"

I have been extremely disappointed & disheartened by this cancellation, i do believe that this cancellation has been intentional because they sold those trucks at a "black market price".

I'm still searching for the Actros at a good reasonable price which i highly doubt i could find one, all i can do now is wait for 2 more months for the rest of the hobby edition colors to come.

Edited by usmanulamin, 15 October 2016 - 02:53 AM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   KevinZA

KevinZA

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 181 posts
  • Favorite Brands:UT
  • Proud Citizen of:za

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:47 AM

They are generally very good with customer service. Stock mistakes happen.

You are no worse off than before. Too me , this is not a disaster

#3 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,921 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:25 AM

I think it's rotten of them that they didn't sell you two new ones for the same price you originally paid. Very cheap of them.
Wes

#4 OFFLINE   DC4ME

DC4ME

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, BBR, Auto Art and many more.
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:31 AM

They did a very similar thing to me and i have not purchased from them ever since. I have NO respect for CK Modelcars and the way they raise the prices within minutes should concern all collectors but they seem to get away with it.
It is disgusting.
Gilles

#5 ONLINE   Clubshaker

Clubshaker

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 372 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:13 AM

Shocking! yet another reason why sellers of diecasts are becoming greedy by inflating the prices and letting down customers. Shame on CK Cars for not being honest
I'm so JDM I named my house Keiichi Tsuchiya

#6 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:48 AM

View Postusmanulamin, on 15 October 2016 - 02:47 AM, said:

Hi folks,

Wanted to share a serious disaster i had with the ck-modelcars few weeks ago, was quite busy so didn't got time to post it, I have been their customer since years with several thousand euro's total orders.

This time i ordered 2x 1/18 NZG Mercedes Actros Trucks at 230eur each (which later jumped to 330eur), i got shipping notification on 28-09-2016 and was daily checking for the updates as i was desperately waiting for the Actros, there was no update till a week except "the instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically"

On 05-10-2016, i emailed ck-modelcars that i think there is something wrong with the tracking number because there is still no update, in return, this is the answer i get:

"thanks for your order and your payment.
The modelcar you ordered is defect and we can´t reorder it anymore.
Missing modelcar: Mercedes-Benz Actros 2 Gigaspace 4x2 FH 25 Truck tractor white 2016 1:18 NZG 2x
So we refunded the amount of 486,90€ directly to your paypal account."

I was shocked to see such a reply from them, i was extremely frustrated at the moment and replied them that i need pictures of the defected model as i can not believe that both the trucks were damaged, here's how they changed the story:

"Of course we can understand your anger in this case. But we had a stock mistake in our system, which could now be cleared. The models aren´t defect, we just don´t have any left in stock and we couldn´t re-order them. That´s why the below mentioned amount had to be refunded."

My blood was boiling at this moment, first they said that the models were defected and then they mention that they had issues in stock, i could never expect such a terrible reply from them.

Now what, the Actros model that i bought for 230eur each had already jumped to over 400euro's each, that's as much as twice the original price i paid them, i requested them a lot to arrange the models for me anyhow but all they said was "No, we can't"

I demanded that they provide me 100euros extra refund for each truck at least because technically they sold mine models for 330euros each that were sold after i placed the order - the stock mistake was their issue, not mine so they should compensate me.

And at the end, all they gave me was a 35euros voucher as a "gesture of goodwill"

I have been extremely disappointed & disheartened by this cancellation, i do believe that this cancellation has been intentional because they sold those trucks at a "black market price".

I'm still searching for the Actros at a good reasonable price which i highly doubt i could find one, all i can do now is wait for 2 more months for the rest of the hobby edition colors to come.
Don't restrict your mentioning this matter to this forum. If you are on any other social media sites, post there as well. A word of warning though. It would be unwise to make accusations you don't have proof of, regardless of your suspicions. Some here have questioned the wisdom of buying direct from Otto and GTS through their club memberships. Here is good example of why this may be worth sticking with. I bought a GTS LB 'Ferrari' 458 through the club at the original price. I would bet any money the same issue arose throughout the online retail business if any dealer got stock. One last point. CK will send a set of pdf documents as an attachment with your sales acknowledgement. Take the time to read through the terms and conditions. No retailer is legally required to fulfill any order if they decide to withdraw the item on offer. (A signed and witnessed paper contract is a different matter entirely). Try to buy a Samsung Note 7 to-day to see how this can operate to the benefit of consumers. I agree that they acted badly in this instance, and I would also be angry if it happened to me, but they are within their legal rights to sell at the highest price they can get. You will be well aware the same goes on with e-bay all of the time.....

#7 OFFLINE   Wolf19

Wolf19

• DX Community
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:way too many to list.
  • Favorite Brands:maisto
  • Proud Citizen of:sk

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:55 AM

I Had a similar problem  not with CK model cars tho.
Won an action on ebay for a 1:18 scale model- my winning bid was about the 3rd of the normal retail price.
once the seller realized they had to let that one go well under price they started to come  up with excuses as asking for address/county etc, then sayin they cannot find my address
when it was clear it is the postmans job, not the sellers,.. anyways the played this game until I eventually agreed with the refund.
Oh and the best part: offered me 3 dollar if a leave a positive feedback :D
So I think you got the same case when they saw they've lost about 100 euros profit per item,they decided to play this game until they can convince you to get a refund instead of the items you ordered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use