#1 ONLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

I just received my Frontiart GTA Spano from MRS-modellautos in Germany. After three weeks of waiting anxiously to get it and this is what I got:

Packed with just newspaper and some junkie plastic, seriously???
Posted Image
Posted Image

Both model and packing box are still in good shape so cannot really blame the customs or postal workers. There were no bubble wraps on the model box besides the junkie papers shown above:
Posted Image

The poor car did not have any cushion nor foams nor bubble plastics inside to absorb all the shock so obviously it took all of it and resulted in a big crack, which is beyond repair:
Posted Image

Windscreen and engine cover flying everywhere and must have bounced around during transit obviously:
Posted Image

Other broken piece fell off the model not sure what it is:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I did not even bother unwrapped the plastic wrap so I left it the way it is. I have not contacted Paypal yet because I am planning to have it sorted out with the seller. He has been replying to my message but very slowly and have not gotten it resolved yet as it seems to be some communication issue.

The seller asked me if I wanted to send the damaged model back and I told him only if he refunded me the return shipping as it is clearly not my fault due to the poor packaging. I am still waiting.

This is a must have model for me, especially after I saw it in the flesh. And sadly he is the only one that has it with a good price and in this color that I like best. Other sellers have it but not in the color and is $100 more. What would you suggest? Get the refund and move on or take another risk to ask him to pack better? Thanks for reading.

Edited by blieu118, 07 January 2017 - 11:35 AM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 ONLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 5,333 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:24 AM

Awww man that sucks! Such an expensive model...I hope you can get a new one, it looks amazing in blue (first time I see the Spano in this color) :gaah:

#3 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

It also brings back a subject which was popular before the database problems. If this pile of scrap is returned to Germany for a replacement, it runs the risk of being stopped in customs again. Unless it has already been stopped, in which case you should contact the relevant authorities and let them know the reason it's going back. In the case of a refund, it doesn't matter - but you should be liable for a refund from customs. And good luck with that.......  :sad:

#4 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,233 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

Send it back, get your money back & buy elsewhere. The seller has to pay the return packing anyway (ask for a return label) That packing is rubbish!

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#5 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,126 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:06 PM

Definitely send it back - you'll never be happy with a damaged example of your must-have model... :twocents:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

#6 ONLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I have told him I wanted refund and asked him to reply asap to get it resolved and to pay return shipping.
Hopefully, he will give me an answer by Monday.

I forgot to mention that It makes me laugh when he replied asking if I wanted a big discount for the damage....it is pointless since the model is pretty much destroyed...

Edited by blieu118, 17 December 2016 - 03:24 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,946 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

Truly sorry to see that model arrive the way it did. Hope you can get a full refund and dust your hands of it.

But Blieu, this is the risk you run with purchasing resin overseas especially in winter. You never know how things are going to be packed. The cold temps too in transit will be murder to the model esp if put in the underside of a plane. The customs agents are about as stupid as they come - they have no idea what "fragile" means at all. It was a huge gamble for a beautiful model buddy but damn, it's truly a shame to see what arrived.

Aren't there any sellers here in the US that can get you the models? I'm just asking as this seems to be happening a lot with buyers in the US getting smashed up resin models from overseas. Just wondering. I thought there were some shops state side who sold them.

Really sorry again, that's gotta be a tough one but hopefully it gets resolved soon!

:occasion14:

Posted Image

Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

#8 ONLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:06 PM

Thanks wrx_triggerhappy:

Yea it's like a gambling risk when buying anything from a foreign country. We never know what it will turn out like. But I wish the seller took good care of the packing though.

No. Unfortunately, these GTA Spanos are no where to be found in the US. It is an old model from the time when Frontiart was pretty new. There is one blue on ebay but with a $600 price tag.

I hope it will get resolved soon. I checked on usps.com. The shipping is around $70(priority with insurance). I dont want to spend any more money on shipping.

Edited by blieu118, 17 December 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#9 ONLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:34 PM

I always liked the pink one but never bought it... 300us was not really cheap, 600 is way too much for the blue

#10 ONLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:38 PM

View Postironsim, on 17 December 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

I always liked the pink one but never bought it... 300us was not really cheap, 600 is way too much for the blue

Honestly I like the pearl pink too but it is an unusual color for me to add lol

#11 ONLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:42 PM

I wouldnt hesitate if it was not for the price, I almost got my Zenvo in that shade of pink...

#12 ONLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

View Postironsim, on 17 December 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

I wouldnt hesitate if it was not for the price, I almost got my Zenvo in that shade of pink...

$350 is still not bad imo unless you have to pay customs/import fee do you?

Edited by blieu118, 17 December 2016 - 09:17 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   Vitzrsx

Vitzrsx

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 289 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, Welly, HPI, IG

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:26 PM

I feel sorry for you. Frontiart make spectacular models and one would think a seller would pack it with double boxing and tonnes of packing peanuts, but NO! (that's how my Regera was packed)
Check out my collection:
http://www.diecastxc...sv-dec-24-2015/

#14 ONLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

View Postblieu118, on 17 December 2016 - 09:15 PM, said:

Last time with carmodelz I paid a lot...

#15 ONLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:10 AM

View Postironsim, on 17 December 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

View Postblieu118, on 17 December 2016 - 09:15 PM, said:

Last time with carmodelz I paid a lot...

Oh sorry to hear that :(

#16 ONLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:55 AM

New update:

So after going back and forth with emails between the seller, it did not go anywhere. I opened a case with Paypal. He communicates with me on Paypal and at first told me to return the model and will refund full amount. I then asked him about the return shipping fee. He did not respond to that and now trying to offer me 160 euros for a broken model. I cannot do anything with a broken model even with a huge discount neither. A full refund and refund for shipping fee is what I am trying to settle but it seems like he is not willing to cover that return fees for shipping...

#17 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,233 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

Call up Paypal etc and tell them that it's not your fault that it's damaged, it's completely the sellers fault as they didn't bother to pack it well enough. Ask for a return shipping label for it.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#18 ONLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:55 AM

View PostCraig, on 20 December 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

Call up Paypal etc and tell them that it's not your fault that it's damaged, it's completely the sellers fault as they didn't bother to pack it well enough. Ask for a return shipping label for it.

I spoke to Paypal and told them about the situation in which the seller is avoiding responsibility since it is their fault the model arrived damaged due to poor packing. Paypal has sent them a message asking for a prepaid shipping label on my behalf.

It just does not make sense he keeps asking "can you send it back" and avoids paying return shipping fee, especially it was badly packed and pretty darn broken already.

Hopefully, thing will go smoothly on my end.

Edited by blieu118, 23 December 2016 - 07:58 AM.

#19 ONLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:37 AM

Hi, I really need your opinion on this:

After Paypal sent a message to the seller to ask for a return shipping label, no response and now they require me to ship the broken model back and it clearly states on my part

"You are responsible for shipping and handling costs associated with returning the item.

The item was damaged."

And they called it "We decided the claim for the following transaction in your favor"....

How can it be in "my favor" if the seller failed to coorporate to take responsibility in which they did not take good care of packing it? Both boxes(the model and shipping's) are in good condition but the model was badly damaged upon opening for inspection...

The only options I have are:
Ship it back
or cancel the claim so that leaves me no choice.

I would like to hear from my fellow collectors what I can do? I am really upset about the fact that Paypal could not help...it was totally not my fault...I already told Paypal it is clearly not my fault so why do I have to return a broken model and shipping fee on me???

What should and what can I do in this case?

Edited by blieu118, 25 December 2016 - 06:14 PM.

#20 OFFLINE   mcaf123

mcaf123

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 874 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, GT Spirit

Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

I would call PayPal up and ask them to explain why you should have to foot the return shipping costs. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, ask to speak to their manager and complain how ridiculous it is!
Please check out my collection thread HERE

#21 OFFLINE   Vitzrsx

Vitzrsx

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 289 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, Welly, HPI, IG

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:42 PM

On most ebay listing, it says "buyer pays return shipping". I didnt dive into the details but this is complete bs when it is completely the seller's fault.

Have a look at the following from Ebay return policy

Edited: This part matches the situation. The one before was if the item is not as described and in your case it falls under damaged during shipping.

eBay Money Back Guarantee

Not covered

• Items damaged during pick-up or shipping or not delivered when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight).

So they have a failed policy imo. They placed too little emphasis on seller's common sense and when they don't package properly then everything is sh*t.

Edited by Vitzrsx, 02 January 2017 - 03:05 PM.

Check out my collection:
http://www.diecastxc...sv-dec-24-2015/

#22 OFFLINE   The Paladin

The Paladin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 259 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: cl

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

I had the same bullshit with a damaged F40, Ebay says that the seller should pay but if the seller doesnt reply they dont seem to do anything, I did close the ebay dispute to open a paypa one, then paypal said I was responsable to send the damaged model.
Maybe I made a mistake closing the ebay dispute to open the paypal one.

You should continue and after finishing you should stamp a big negative feedback on the seller.

#23 ONLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

Yea its completely bs I agree. They are basically allowing sellers to ship whatever to us and the shipping fee will be on us...basically dump the responsibility/liability on the buyers. Who said ebay/paypal always favor buyers? Not in this case. Who knows the seller could have shipped a damaged model to me? But I dont have any proof if that was the case. The model and shipping boxes are in good condition. They don't even look anywhere like they been abused by the post man or customs...

And yes I have a full paragraph waiting to be published on his facebook page as soon as I get my refund back!!

Edited by blieu118, 03 January 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#24 ONLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

New update:

According to the usps online tracking, the broken model has been delivered in Germany. Since I sent it through usps priority international, I thought they would say who signed for it but not in this case. I called paypal up to ask for a follow up of my refund and I was told that I needed to wait three days while Paypal waiting for the seller's response about whether he received the package or not. Is this a joke or what? It has been delivered as I told Paypal and the rep checked and confirmed that too but they still needed to know if he has received it? They are giving him the option to say "no I did not receive it". What if he said no then what? My complaint to Paypal does not help.

Edited by blieu118, 07 January 2017 - 11:32 AM.

#25 ONLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 7,143 posts
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

The reason they do that is because some people keep the model and send a different one back, or an empty box
Wes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use