eBay seller kuky63 - bit of a weird one...

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   spikyone

spikyone

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 809 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Spark, TSM
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:45 AM

Thought long and hard about posting this here, but as I've just accidentally found another of his listings and others seem to have left negative feedback recently, thought it worth posting.  Sorry that it goes on a bit!

Last November I ordered a model from kuky63, whose items are either based in France or Italy depending on the listing!  He'd been listing stuff in a slightly strange way - items lasting for 2 days, and with the same item almost immediately listed again the day after each auction ended.  His listings consist almost entirely of his comedy Ts & Cs, my emphasis in red:

Brand new model from the factory, all original package, no second hand model.

Model will be posted with registered parcel and will be accurately packed to avoid any damage in transit.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS BEFORE BIDDING, IT'S IMPORTANT:
  • I AM A RELIABLE SELLER AND TO AVOID ANY COMPLAINTS I DECIDED TO EXTEND THE HANDLING TIME TO A MAXIMUM OF 20 DAYS. THIS ALLOWS ME TO PROCESS ALL ORDERS WITH MUCH CARE AND TRANQUILLITY. HANDLING TIME OF 20 DAYS IS THE MAXIMUM I ALLOWED MYSELF, THAT MEANS THAT YOUR MODEL MIGHT BE SHIPPED MUCH EARLIER.
  • PLEASE ALWAYS WRITE ME DIRECTLY BEFORE OPENING EBAY FILES. IF YOU OPEN AN EBAY FILE AND THE MODEL HAS NOT BEEN ALREADY SHIPPED I WILL SEND YOU AN IMMEDIATE REFUND AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE MODEL AS I HATE TO KEEP EBAY FILES OPEN.
  • I ALWAYS RESPOND TO MESSAGES VERY QUICKLY BUT PLEASE AVOID TO WRITE ME IN THE WEEKEND OR ON NIGHT TIME (EUROPE) AS IT WILL TAKE LONGER TO GET AN ANSWER.
Only a forfeit of USD 18.00 (USD 13.00 for Europe) is requested for shipment, so you may be sure that shipping is almost offered! For those models you pay shipment only once (so I do combine shipping!).
Paypal recommended. Bidders with zero feedback will have to contact me before bidding.
PAYMENT IS REQUIRED WITHIN 3 DAYS AFTER THE END OF THE AUCTION, SORRY NO EXCEPTIONS.
Thank you for looking and please keep looking at the next special builds I will be listing in the very next future.

So, wants payment quickly but takes a while to ship and has obviously had eBay cases against him?  But on the other hand he has ~2000 feedback at 99%+.  The starting prices were all very low though, $99, and shipping cost was reasonable.  Given eBay and PayPal's buyer protection policies, I figured "what's the worst that can happen?"  I got lucky sniping the green TSM Bentley GT3 for £114 plus shipping (rather than the £180+ they were going for elsewhere), and paid straight away - November 16th.  Almost immediately the seller had sent me a message with a scan that pretty much duplicated the Ts & Cs on the listing and also said a shipping number would be provided.

Estimated arrival from eBay was 20th-30th December, but by December 29th I hadn't received a shipping number and had seen him list the same item a couple more times!  Alarm bells ringing, I messaged him pointing out it should have been shipped in early December, and I'd seen the relisted items, so could he please let me know the tracking number.  I gave him a week.  Reply comes that he has several in stock and was late in shipping.  A few days later (2nd January), I got another message:

Hello, as promised I am adding a tracking number in the very next days. Please apologize for any delay, but it was better to avoid the postal jam of december. I will send your model with Fedex to reduce to a maximum the shipping days. I hope it helps.

Not sure why it was better to delay sending at the risk of getting bad feedback, but I decided to let it slide.  Three days later (5th January), still no tracking info, so I e-mailed saying I thought the delay was getting unreasonable and asking for the number by the end of January 6th:

I was just about to write you to let you know about shipping. Your order is being processed, unfortunately tomorrow is holiday in Italy. If you agree I will ship with Fedex early next week and you will get the model in 48hours. If it sounds reasonable to you please let me know. Again apologize for this delay. Please advise. Kind regards

What a coincidence, just about to write?  Shortly afterwards the tracking number was finally added, and the model arrived safely yesterday.  Bizarrely, it came in a CK box with a CK catalogue, but isn't an item I've ever seen on their website!  It looks fine so all's well that ends well, but it seems other buyers have been less fortunate as he now has 11 negatives in the last month - and even some of the positive feedback has mentioned shipping times of over 40 days.  It's a strange way to do business, especially on a site that relies on buyer feedback to show which sellers are good and bad.  So, if you're thinking of buying from him then beware that you probably need to chase your item but it should show eventually.

-----

TL;DR: kuky63 - very long shipping time and only sent the item after a couple of reminders, but other buyers seem to have suffered a worse fate.

Posted Image

*** Collection thread updated 6th Feb (Sun Star Peugeot 207 S2000) ***

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,271 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:55 AM

I've bid on a few (well lots) of their item recently, never one one yet though. I thought it was a scam at first but I've seen that people have been getting the correct items.
It does seem a really strange way to do business, I guess, maybe they don't have them in stock & have to drop ship them ? Or they wait to get them from wherever and then send them on which is why it takes so long to send them ?

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#3 OFFLINE   Ozz

Ozz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Mustangs, cars, heavy metal, and heavy weights!
  • Favorite Brands:GMP
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

Wow, 20 days? It would have to be a good deal to agree to those terms. And here I get people emailing me a handful of hours after an overnight purchase asking where their shipping information is  :rolleyes:  :giggle:
My 1:1: Mustang showcar

Daily driver: '16 Cadillac ATS-V sedan

#4 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,198 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

I got my CMC 8C from this seller, he shipped it after 10 days which was not too bad, model was fine so no problem, but I also won a bid on another CMC and it took 24 days to ship this time, I think im gonna receive it today or maybe tomorow, this week for sure but the Italian tracking doesnt update after the item leave italy...

If you really want a good price on an expensive model its worth it but you have to be very patient! I will let you know when I receive my model if everything is fine again...

#5 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 8,887 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:59 AM

I bought the two 1/12 TSM Porsche models from him just before Christmas,he sent the tracking number after asking for it within a few days but i had the models in my hands before the Tracking was recognised ?Two perfect models but the waiting is Horrendous for the items.
Great models lousy notifications and far far too long to wait for models,in fact i had mentioned it on here just before Christmas about this Guy.

Here is the thread

http://www.diecastxc...om-italy-to-uk/

:yahoo: :occasion14: :danke:

#6 ONLINE   spikyone

spikyone

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 809 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Spark, TSM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

I had no idea that was the same guy, I don't think I followed your other thread to the end.  Like you said in that thread, he does reply quickly so I can't complain on that front.  I'd just prefer him to be a bit more honest and say he doesn't have the models in hand rather than the "care and tranquillity" line - or if he does have them in hand, send them a bit quicker.  I also found that the tracking didn't recognise the number if I clicked the link from eBay, but it worked OK if I went onto the German DHL page.

View PostOzz, on 10 January 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

Wow, 20 days? It would have to be a good deal to agree to those terms. And here I get people emailing me a handful of hours after an overnight purchase asking where their shipping information is  :rolleyes:  :giggle:

To be fair, most of the models go for insanely low prices thanks to the $99 start and 2-day format - £460 for the Blue Wonder + SLR set?!  I don't know how he can stay in business with those prices.

Posted Image

*** Collection thread updated 6th Feb (Sun Star Peugeot 207 S2000) ***

#7 OFFLINE   Ozz

Ozz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Mustangs, cars, heavy metal, and heavy weights!
  • Favorite Brands:GMP

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:56 AM

View Postspikyone, on 10 January 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

I had no idea that was the same guy, I don't think I followed your other thread to the end.  Like you said in that thread, he does reply quickly so I can't complain on that front.  I'd just prefer him to be a bit more honest and say he doesn't have the models in hand rather than the "care and tranquillity" line - or if he does have them in hand, send them a bit quicker.  I also found that the tracking didn't recognise the number if I clicked the link from eBay, but it worked OK if I went onto the German DHL page.

View PostOzz, on 10 January 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

To be fair, most of the models go for insanely low prices thanks to the $99 start and 2-day format - £460 for the Blue Wonder + SLR set?!  I don't know how he can stay in business with those prices.

That's great, and as a buyer I love catching a deal any way I can. IMO, if a buyer understands "the rules" when entering a deal, there's nothing wrong with it. If they don't like it, they can pay more elsewhere. Of course that also sets up risk to complicate things, like this. 20 days is such an incredibly odd amount of time though, makes you wonder if he gets a deal elsewhere and stocks up as needed.
My 1:1: Mustang showcar

Daily driver: '16 Cadillac ATS-V sedan

#8 OFFLINE   silverstar189

silverstar189

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 724 posts
  • Favorite Brands:cmc & exoto

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

I just received a cmc alfa 6c from November 27 and an autoart from 22 December. Packing and models were fine, the box was from what looked like a minichamps dealer consignment, so it seems like he's drop shipping.

He's the cheapest around if you can wait, maybe the other dealers will complain to the distributors once they figure him out. But so long as you're covered by ebay/PayPal you've got nothing to worry about.

#9 ONLINE   Uzair

Uzair

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy and science, diecast, sim racing,
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, Exoto, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:pk

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

Glad someone else brought this seller to attention here. I have also tried to win at low prices some of his CMC listings. I find it very strange how can turn a profit with prices that are 20% or even less than standard dealer prices. The Blue Wonder and Ferrari 250 GTO models have been going pretty cheap. At least he does not seem to engage in shill bidding. Oh well, as long as the items he ships are the genuine article there's no harm. I still wonder though if he can make a profit at his low prices, the standard dealer prices must mean large profit margins for them.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   silverstar189

silverstar189

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 724 posts
  • Favorite Brands:cmc & exoto

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

If you're doing it as a side business, don't have any premises, staff or advertising then undercutting by 20% is probably viable. I think he uses money people have paid to order in the next batch of models.

#11 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,936 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

Thats the strangest way of selling on ebay but it exists :O

#12 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,271 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:04 PM

I have noticed that over the past day they say that they are now located in France, also tonight I saw that latest round of models listed all have a much higher starting price than previous listings.

I did actually win one of their models last week, and it was a good price. I just have to wait about five years for it to arrive  :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   lateapex

lateapex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Number of Models:70-80
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Schuco, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:no

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:08 AM

View PostUzair, on 10 January 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

I still wonder though if he can make a profit at his low prices, the standard dealer prices must mean large profit margins for them.

I think the margins are quite good on some brands, probably bad on industry leaders like Autoart. I do know that a unnamed dealer paid 35 euros for Norevs that sold in the 60 euro zone. This is a year ago or so.

#14 OFFLINE   the4thlord

the4thlord

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Scale Model Modification and Restoration, PC Gaming.
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Frontiart, Ignition
  • Proud Citizen of:in

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

He's definitely a seller to beware of!
I won an auction and paid for the model on 4 Jan 2017.
Fast forward to 5 Feb 2017, after multiple emails to him, neither has he replied nor has he shipped the model. :dunno:
He's been racking up a lot of negative feedback lately.

i'm waiting another week and opening a complaint with ebay / paypal.

Word of CAUTION fellas... buy from this guy if you have a LOT of patience.
Posted Image
Flickr for all my pics
Facebook Page for all my modifications.

#15 OFFLINE   ws6_22

ws6_22

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,389 posts
  • Favorite Brands:gmp
  • Proud Citizen of:es

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

now the seller 0 items for sale and private feedbacks

this looks bad :(

#16 ONLINE   Uzair

Uzair

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:10 PM

I THOUGHT it was all too good to be true, especially on the Blue Wonder + Dirty Hero sets that were going for half the dealer price! Is there anyone here who actually bought and received a model from this seller in the recent couple months?

#17 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:15 PM

View PostUzair, on 06 February 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

I THOUGHT it was all too good to be true, especially on the Blue Wonder + Dirty Hero sets that were going for half the dealer price! Is there anyone here who actually bought and received a model from this seller in the recent couple months?
I  got 2 CMC models in perfect condition, shipped the 1st one in 10 days and the 2nd in 24 days

#18 OFFLINE   ws6_22

ws6_22

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:21 PM

and the price normal or very cheap

for example CMC 250GTO 250€

#19 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:27 PM

I paid 302us shipped for the DB4 Zagato and 300us shipped for the 8C, way better than every other prices on ebay and in Canada stores, but in no way im promoting this seller, it takes way to long to ship, but now that I have the models I wanted Im happy!

#20 OFFLINE   ws6_22

ws6_22

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

It is not unfeasible to sell so many cars, so cheap,when you sell in ebay you loose one 8%

#21 ONLINE   Uzair

Uzair

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

All I'll say now is:
:dunno:

#22 OFFLINE   ws6_22

ws6_22

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

Most at that price, the seller can only have them Stealing them in the factory

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

You guys should be happy to pay those prices for CMC models lol, im glad I got my 2 models before the raised shipping price/model starting price!

#24 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,936 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:29 AM

View Postws6_22, on 06 February 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

Most at that price, the seller can only have them Stealing them in the factory

Thats exactly what I was Thinking!

#25 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:35 AM

I won something towards the end of Jan, I knew from the listing that it would take a while to come, but they messaged me with details when it would be sent and they've added tracking info too. It's still en route so I don't know what's in the box. I hope it's what I'm expecting & not a house brick.
I'll let you guys know the outcome. I do have faith in them right now, plus I'm covered if it goes wrong.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use