1/18 Audi TT Cabrio Quattro...by PMA/Minichamps (Dealer Edition)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 7,714 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Well, thanks to DX member Sir Arun giving us DXers a heads up on PMA's Dealer Edition Audi TTs being heavily discounted a couple of weeks ago :eusa_clap:  I immediately went online and bought the DE TT Cabrio to accompany my DE TT Coupe :yahoo:
Since, I actually owned a 1/1 first gen TT Coupe way back at the turn of the century, I usually try to add all of the 1/18 TT street cars as they only come out every few years for the next generation.

So, I really like the look of this gen TT and even though it's very evolutionary, it's still very relevant on the automotive landscape. For me, it's really a "niche" car for people that want a special car, but at the same time wants the practicality of reliability of a VW Golf/Audi A3. That said, I have had nothing but technical issues with VAG products personally (including my then new 1st gen TT Coupe and even a fiends New Bentley continental GT  :rolleyes: )..but as a miniature, I have no problems adding a VAG product :nice:  It's ashamed that many people are afraid of the quality or lack of reliability that the 1/1s of such great looking cars have.

For me the glacier white/deep tan interior is a huge selling point on this DE model over the basic red/black color combo(same reason, I bought the silver coupe over the red one with the dull black hold of an interior). I also, like how confident the model feels, unlike many of PMA's recent releases, this one has textured flooring and a decent amount of details under it's hood/bonnet and the wheels as well as metal script badging are nice details for this example. Also, the chassis and this is nothing to sneeze at in the order of detailing :eusa_clap:  Now, it's not all perfect, I think that the rear 3rd brake light could've been more than a decal and the front lighting details could've been done in multi-painted detailing. Also, the lack of a roof up top limits how one could choose to display this model.

I think that it's a good model and since it's of fire sale right now, I would surely run out and buy some before they are all gone, if you like the TT or models of modern cars like this. :occasion14:

Audi TT Cabrio (Dealer Edition)...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Opened Up/Details Chassis.....
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope that you also have enjoyed this little review :occasion14:
Posted Image
Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below :occasion14:

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Belizeanlow

Belizeanlow

• DX Community
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Model cars , Music Minitrucking
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:bz

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

thats very nice buddy i need some hook ups now

#3 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 7,714 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostBelizeanlow, on 20 April 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

thats very nice buddy i need some hook ups now
Just let me know, you where to find my my friend!! :yahoo:  Right now all of the TT models are on sell for 19-44 euros each and you pay less as you live outside of the EU and I think that you joined DiecastSociety for the further 10% off right? :yahoo:  I could see these in you collection too Marlon! :occasion14:

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below :occasion14:

#4 OFFLINE   janositamas

janositamas

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 834 posts
  • Interests:Cars, photography, car photography
  • Number of Models:85 (03.2017.)
  • Favorite Brands:HWE, GT Spirit, Minichamps, BBR
  • Proud Citizen of:hu

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:48 PM

Congrats Dave, I just bought both the coupe and the cabrio for that discounted price. I chose the red ones as they make a nice twin couple together, and have to admit, these are very nice models, especially for the price given. I do like the 2 tone interior better to be honest, so thanks for sharing, I really like your one :-)

#5 OFFLINE   emanuil.hv

emanuil.hv

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit <3
  • Proud Citizen of:bg

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:40 AM

janositamas, waiting your pics! :P
I have to take one too. Audi TT is one of my favorite cars ever. Good old NFSU2 days! :)
The red color is nice but the interior is infinitely boring. I'll maybe go for a white like yours.

#6 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 7,714 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

View Postjanositamas, on 20 April 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

Congrats Dave, I just bought both the coupe and the cabrio for that discounted price. I chose the red ones as they make a nice twin couple together, and have to admit, these are very nice models, especially for the price given. I do like the 2 tone interior better to be honest, so thanks for sharing, I really like your one :-)
Thanks Tamas! :danke:  Also, congrats to you on also adding the Coupe and the Cabrio :eusa_clap:  I can imagine that you'll change your interior colors to be more "interesting" than basic black? :nice: I think that we're all waiting see what beautiful pics that you'll make with your new Audis!!! :drool5:  Cheers! :occasion14:

#7 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 7,714 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

View Postemanuil.hv, on 21 April 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

janositamas, waiting your pics! :P
I have to take one too. Audi TT is one of my favorite cars ever. Good old NFSU2 days! :)
The red color is nice but the interior is infinitely boring. I'll maybe go for a white like yours.
Same here!!! :yahoo:  I'm also waiting to see what nice pics he'll make!

Can't wait to see your white Cabrio posted here as well! :eusa_clap: Cheers! :occasion14:

#8 OFFLINE   Haderach

Haderach

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 758 posts
  • Interests:Metal music and cars!
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of:si

Posted Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Very nice model. I have silver coupe and I am hoping they will do cabrio in silver too ... :hope:
Links to all my diecast threads: Haderach's collection

#9 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 7,714 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 AM

View PostHaderach, on 23 April 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

Very nice model. I have silver coupe and I am hoping they will do cabrio in silver too ... :hope:
I haven't checked, but PMA will probably end up doing that color as one of the future hobby release editions... :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use