#26 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

well it will be a few days to let everything dry and see if it matches assembled and needs any more paint to blend it before clear coating.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted Yesterday, 02:44 PM

Well, everything looked OK, being impatient and a bit in my 'modeling groove',  I went and laid the clear down.  Everything came out tip-top, with maybe one tiny speck of dust on a fender, until one of the scoops flipped off the tape mount :gaah: , so that will be wait/sand/repeat, but it could of been much worse, multi-part paint jobs always ask for some sort of trouble.  Nice and shiny now though.  I don't dare move it now for a bit.  

Lacquer should tighten up nicely.  Not going for an unrealistic super gloss, so one full coat should do, it will tone down a bit as it cures to match most AUTOart or similar cars. If it was a gonzo 1/24 curbside I would go nuts with clear, but every time is a big risk.  So going to quit while I'm ahead, with no orange peel, just an overall polish after everything is done :)  Still have a bunch of masking/painting/masking/painting to go.  I'll get it outside for a real pic when it's cured, the gold flake doesn't show in these phone pics how much the edges pop.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1cwc.jpg   142.22K   1 downloads

Edited by kevinb120, Yesterday, 02:56 PM.

#28 OFFLINE   K.Customs

K.Customs

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 227 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:pl

Posted Yesterday, 03:41 PM

This emerald green looks fantastic on this car. Definitely looking forward to seeing the outdoor photos to see that color pop! :10:
Posted Image

#29 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,214 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted Yesterday, 03:55 PM

The paintjob looks great! Well done Kevin :eusa_clap:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

winstoncds

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use