DiecastXchange Forum banner

Missing star logo in New CMC 1/18 SLR mercedes

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  mosteller 
#1 ·
I just received the black CMC 1/18 mercedes today but later discovered there is a missing 3 point star at the back hood, leaving only the glue residue. Is there a photo-etched part there or just a missed painting?
please advise what should I do please....
but anyway it is very beautiful model...

G
#2 ·
Have you searched for the part in the packaging? Sometimes that part may just fall of during transit within the packaging material.

I had a similar experience when I ordered a AUTOart 1:18 Jagermeister from Germany. When it arrived, one of the parts was missing. On searching the box I found to embedded within the thermocol packaging. I just had to take it out from there and paste it back.

#4 ·
the QC on the CMC SLr Mac's aren't the best, so there's seems to be a lot of missing parts, etc.

Contact CMC Germany and ask for a part. They asked for 25USD for a missing muffler tip when I asked them, and I didn't answer them back afterwards. However, after a few weeks, I get 2 muffler tips in the mail, free... :confused

#10 ·
Thank you so much guys...What I did is taken several photos of the missing star hood and then the dealer forwarded my request and photos to CMC. and the dealer said will wait for their response and ask for replacement parts.

Don't you guys think I should demand a refund or should I wait for the "possible" parts replacement? coz what I don't want is that if that were proven to be a indefinite waiting game and by that time refund become impossible, then I will be in nowhere and left with a defective CMC SLR...

What do u think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.