DX 2006 Most Admired Company

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote for the most admired company of the year. (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for the most admired company of the year.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:19 PM

The most admired company of DiecastXchange based on their product and customer service, as voted on by the DX Community.

Spark Models
Posted Image

CMC
Posted Image

Norev
Posted Image

Solido
Posted Image

GMP
Posted Image

Auto Art
Posted Image

IXO
Posted Image

Highway 61
Posted Image

Minichamps
Posted Image

Schuco
Posted Image

EBBRO
Posted Image

Ertl Authentics Line
Posted Image

Kyosho
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:22 PM

Please vote for the most admired of the company of your choice.

#3 OFFLINE   maestro862

maestro862

Mercedes Diecast Fanatic

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 408 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: ch
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:CMC, AUTOart, Minichamps

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

DiecastX, on Nov 12 2006, 09:22 PM, said:

Please vote for the most admired of the company of your choice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I voted for CMC and although I am not familiar with some of the brands, I just thing that CMC is just getting one better model after the other...the SLR you'll say!!!well, everyone is allowed one mystake :giggle
Marc
Posted Image

#4 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:38 PM

I went with GMP.

For 2006, they came out swinging mighty hard with their Resto Mods and Street Fighters.

Recycling the Camaro molds made for some very interesting models this year.

Their Mustang subject matter was quite nice too.

WTG GMP :cheers

#5 OFFLINE   Oak244

Oak244

Oak244

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Porsche, BMW and Classics. Well and anything I like. <br />Car audio, and home audio.
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Autoart

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:40 PM

I voted Kyosho, for making great cars at a great price.  They Rival AUTOart cars but did not inflate their prices, keeping the cars at the "Just Right" price point and offer excellence!

#6 OFFLINE   mosteller

mosteller

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:Primarily post -WWII and pre-1980 sports cars and road racing cars.
  • Proud Citizen of: us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:CMC

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:47 PM

I voted for CMC because with every new model, they raise the ladder one rung higher with their fit, finish and detail, while holding the line on unnecessary price increases. :cheers

My close second choice was GMP because of the fantastic customer service which I have experienced! :cheers
Bob
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition.

#7 OFFLINE   Cuda Jeff

Cuda Jeff

Bronze Member

• DX Community
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts
  • Interests:Movie & TV vehicles, Police cars
  • Proud Citizen of: ca
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Hot Wheels Cult Classics

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:43 PM

I gotta give my vote to CMC.

Every model they release is even better then the one before. Also their prices are relatively good for all the quality they offer....comparing to Hot Wheels Super Elite and BBR which cost much $$$.

:nicejob  :nicejob  :nicejob  CMC  :nicejob  :nicejob  :nicejob
**** Click my banner to see my entire 1/18 collection ****

**THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 270,000+ VIEWS**

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Blitz

Blitz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,946 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:depends on the subject matter

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:49 AM

GMP gets my vote.  Although the subject material may not be hugely popular here on DX, I think GMP could make extra money by giving seminars on how to really build your company's image.  They listen to the customer, they ask what WE would like to see and they try to produce it.  

#9 OFFLINE   DC4ME

DC4ME

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,368 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: ca
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:CMC BBR

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:02 AM

I voted for GMP. The customer service they offer is OUTSTANDING!! The first time i contacted them was for the fender covers to be included in the "Street Fighter" Camaro. I purchased one from a seller in Australia and it was not in the box. The seller said he most likely lost them. I contacted GMP to see if i could purchase them and they would not hear of it. I received the covers in the mail the following week at no charge. About 1 monthe ago, i purchased the new 1970 Roadrunner with the hemi and a tailpipe was missing. I first contacted the seller and he would refund me the car but NOT the shipping. I contacted "Mark" at GMP again and to no surprise "no problem". They sent me the part at N/C.
They are so great that i purchased a Tom's Garage membership and will also get a free Mustang!! What a company!!  :10

I cannot say the same for other's. (Like CMC) I have a lot of there products including all the SLR's they make in 1:18 (I for one love the car) and on one of them, a (sideways V) is missing on the SLR. I have emailed many times to many of the CMC available email addresse's and NEVER had a response! For some unknown reason, they have my email to send the CMC newsletter :confused

I have never had to call upon the other company's listed in this group. Hopefully they are like GMP. :cheers
Gilles

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   LUW

LUW

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: br
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps & Ky

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:00 AM

I have heard great things about GMP's customer service, and it sure is a standard to be followed. But at least for me (and for another collector here from Brazil), CMC sent parts we needed without a fuss and very quickly.
Luciano

#11 Guest_JayFields_*

Guest_JayFields_*

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:33 AM

I voted Spark for three reasons:
1) Their impressive range of Le Mans models (in 1/43) - no other company is so prolific in this theme;
2) Their friendly and quick communication; and
3) As an incentive, now that they've taken the big plunge into 1/18 with the very good R8 series; now it's time for the next step - unsealed LM models!

If I were to vote twice (which I won't), my second vote would go to CMC, for their outstanding detail level and good choice of models (and no one is sealed so far  :giggle ).

#12 OFFLINE   Gus W

Gus W

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 290 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: gb
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:CMC Minichamps

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:36 AM

CMC for me, not considering price, as their models seem to get better and better, and they don't behave like Exoto!
Gus Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   mattdesign

mattdesign

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Interests:Cars, designs, snow sports, and films
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AUTOart vs Kyosho

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:47 AM

Oak244, on Nov 12 2006, 10:40 PM, said:

I voted Kyosho, for making great cars at a great price.  They Rival AUTOart cars but did not inflate their prices, keeping the cars at the "Just Right" price point and offer excellence!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:goodpost
Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

Silver Member

• DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,140 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:34 PM

I voted for GMP as they have excellent customer service and the free Mustang with Tom's garage subcription was iceing on the cake.
I know many like CMC, but when you ask $239 for a model, you should get $239 worth of model! in my opinion, nothing to admire about that!

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

#15 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 7,546 posts
  • Interests:Cars, cars and more cars! (And Diecastxchange too of course!)
  • Proud Citizen of: ie
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:CMC

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:20 PM

I voted for CMC as I just love their models (which I think have surpassed Exoto) and they do not seem to have the arrogance that Exoto seem to have when it comes to bragging about their product! (If Exoto is a boxer who likes to spout a good line in "trash talk", then CMC is the quiet powerful guy in the background who seems to keep his mouth shut then flatten the loudmouth in the ring!!! :smack  :lol

After CMC I would give my vote to Norev and Solido, both for offering new varieties of cars never done before in 1:18th and in Solidos case for considerably improving the quality of their models (which was previously pretty poor). :cheers

#16 Guest_Sir Gary_*

Guest_Sir Gary_*

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:48 PM

acisne, on Nov 13 2006, 06:34 PM, said:

I know many like CMC, but when you ask $239 for a model, you should get $239 worth of model! in my opinion, nothing to admire about that!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:goodpost

You dont get anything you dont pay for with CMC .

My vote went to Solido .

As Ronan pointed out , Solidos quality has improved year after year and their latest releases (DBR9 , 205 TI6 , Alpine A110) are fantastic  for their price point .

When you can develop brand new cars and put so much into a car and yet keep your prices so low , then  that is something that should be commended.

#17 OFFLINE   LUW

LUW

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: br
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps & Ky

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:05 PM

I'm the same boat as Ronan. And again this year Solido has proved to be the most innovative budget brand in 1:18, followed by Sun Star.
Luciano

#18 OFFLINE   Mopar471

Mopar471

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 292 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: ad

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:50 PM

GMP gets my vote. How can you beat a company that gives you a free car, gives away another 3 each month, a detail kit and a subsciption to diecastx magazine all for $25.00.

#19 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 8,810 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:44 PM

I wish I would have nominated Supercar Collectables.  I just had a great experience with them and have heard that other have as well.  Since they do a lot of work with Hwy 61, I voted for them.

:cheers
Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#20 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Silver Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,493 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:10 AM

I had to go with Norev for the way they hit the 1:18 market with both feet running.
They have some work to do yet but they show signs of making some real noise in the hobby.
Jeff
"When politicians are arrogant enough to think they can plan and control life better than free people, people suffer."

Posted ImageE Rod_017, on 23 July 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Reason why 1:43 scale cars aren't that popular because most people including me(sorry it I offend) consider them toys and not Collectable model cars. .

Should you collect 1:43?

The Paladin

In my opinion, no if you can afford 1:18 models. First of all, most people will think of them as toys, while 1:18 models can look as something classy if you have a few.

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143
Click on my banner to see my website
Posted Image

#21 Guest_vxfan_*

Guest_vxfan_*

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

I must have been in a coma when the nominations were being asked for  :giggle
as I would have thought either Biante or Classic carlectables would have featured somewhere :confused
I am a little disappointed that the usual 2 feature so prominently (CMC and GMP).Sure,they make exquisite 1/18's (with a price tag to match I might add) but what do these guys offer the 1/43 scale enthusiast?Absolute jack!
To me,a company to be admired is one which offers a great product at a good price and offers the variety to suit ALL collectors.
Just my 2 cents worth,sorry if I come across a bit shi**y,not my intention,just the way I see it that's all.
:cheers
Tony.

#22 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Silver Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,493 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:12 AM

GMP does lots of 1:43.
They also do 1:24, 1:12 and they are doing some 1:8 cars and 1:6 engines.
They do Dirt cars, Can Am cars, Muscle cars, Drag cars all in 1:43

I also have a CMC MB transporter in 1:43
CMC also does many 1:24 cars and some 1:12

Sounds like the companies you mentioned are lacking in their offerings for people that collect other scales :wink

Attached Files

Jeff
"When politicians are arrogant enough to think they can plan and control life better than free people, people suffer."

Posted ImageE Rod_017, on 23 July 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Reason why 1:43 scale cars aren't that popular because most people including me(sorry it I offend) consider them toys and not Collectable model cars. .

Should you collect 1:43?

The Paladin

In my opinion, no if you can afford 1:18 models. First of all, most people will think of them as toys, while 1:18 models can look as something classy if you have a few.

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143
Click on my banner to see my website
Posted Image

#23 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:00 PM

We have 1 more full day of voting left before voting comes to an end.

Please make the most of it by placing your vote if you haven't done so.

I appreciate all of your support by participating in the vote. :cheers

#24 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:07 PM

Official Winner of this category - CMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use