Jump to content


CHiP Mustang GT


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Silver Member

  • DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,092 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

Like the Texas car, it started as a black vert.  I had several of these red tops from hardtops and black verts. I got a bunch of CHiP decals from Scott_S from a trade we did. :cheers

This is what was done:
Painted top and doors white.
Added decals
Blacked out the wheels
Carpeted interior and trunk
Detailed interior.
De-chromed the exhaust.

Lindsey Lohan better watch out!!!


:feedback

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 OFFLINE   ricallen

ricallen

    Silver Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17,900 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southern California
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:05 PM

That looks awesome, Al!  Very nice work on this one.  I could easily picture this speeding down the highway here in southern California!!  

:cheers
r i c

Click on my banner below to go to The Diecast Gallery!
Posted Image
Got questions? See the DX Guidelines and more here!

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is pretty much the same.

#3 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 8,810 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troy IL, USA
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:12 AM

Another great mod!  Job well done buddy!  What prompted you to do these cars or get the decals from Scott in the first place?

:cheers
Sean


DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger


#4 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Silver Member

  • DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,092 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:31 AM

Ducati-900SS, on Jun 6 2007, 07:12 AM, said:

Another great mod!  Job well done buddy!  What prompted you to do these cars or get the decals from Scott in the first place?

:cheers
Sean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


I had bought several black verts to take the windshield frame and top boots and red coupes (Y2K and '03 Cobras) to make verts out of those Cobras. I was left with the black bottoms and red tops. They had been sitting in my diecast junkyard pile and I got the idea.
Scott wanted some C5 Vette targa tops and I had some extra ones from a box of junked Vettes that I bought years ago. I traded them for decals since I knew that he makes police cars and sells them on eBay.

He sent me a ton of decals. :cheers

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


#5 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 8,810 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troy IL, USA
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:29 PM

acisne, on Jun 6 2007, 08:31 AM, said:

Ducati-900SS, on Jun 6 2007, 07:12 AM, said:

Another great mod! Job well done buddy! What prompted you to do these cars or get the decals from Scott in the first place?

:cheers
Sean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


I had bought several black verts to take the windshield frame and top boots and red coupes (Y2K and '03 Cobras) to make verts out of those Cobras. I was left with the black bottoms and red tops. They had been sitting in my diecast junkyard pile and I got the idea.
Scott wanted some C5 Vette targa tops and I had some extra ones from a box of junked Vettes that I bought years ago. I traded them for decals since I knew that he makes police cars and sells them on eBay.

He sent me a ton of decals. :cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Cool!  I'd really like to do a few more mods... actually, finish the ones I've started!!! :giggle

Sean


DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger


#6 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*
  • Guest

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

I like this one too - you did a nice job on the painting as it looks to be smooth and ripple free.

#7 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Silver Member

  • DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,092 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

DiecastX, on Jun 6 2007, 11:18 PM, said:

I like this one too - you did a nice job on the painting as it looks to be smooth and ripple free.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Thanks!  :cheers Besides all the hidden diecast in my Mach 1's trunk, I found a rattle can of white lacquer paint that went on very smooth. That paint must be 15 years old!  :giggle I don't see lacquer in a can anymore.

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


#8 OFFLINE   Scott_S

Scott_S

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 731 posts
  • Location:Ohio
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:26 AM

Looks awesome ! I was waiting to see what cars you were going to do .

#9 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Silver Member

  • DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,092 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:58 PM

Scott_S, on Jun 17 2007, 03:26 PM, said:

Looks awesome ! I was waiting to see what cars you were going to do .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Good to see you around buddy!  :cheers I am working on a C5 Z05 next (I also did a DPS Mustang).

You still need more C4 targa tops? I found one more, and it is yours for the asking.

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


#10 OFFLINE   Scott_S

Scott_S

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 731 posts
  • Location:Ohio
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:06 PM

acisne, on Jun 17 2007, 01:58 PM, said:

Scott_S, on Jun 17 2007, 03:26 PM, said:

Looks awesome ! I was waiting to see what cars you were going to do .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Good to see you around buddy!  :cheers I am working on a C5 Z05 next (I also did a DPS Mustang).

You still need more C4 targa tops? I found one more, and it is yours for the asking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


I'll take it , need more decals ?

#11 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Silver Member

  • DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,092 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:42 PM

Scott_S, on Jun 18 2007, 01:06 AM, said:

acisne, on Jun 17 2007, 01:58 PM, said:

Scott_S, on Jun 17 2007, 03:26 PM, said:

Looks awesome ! I was waiting to see what cars you were going to do .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


Good to see you around buddy!  :cheers I am working on a C5 Z05 next (I also did a DPS Mustang).

You still need more C4 targa tops? I found one more, and it is yours for the asking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


I'll take it , need more decals ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


I'll get it shipped to you. Thanks for the offer, but you sent me a whole bunch. :cheers The only ones I could use are Texas DPS.

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


#12 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Silver Member

  • DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,092 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Another that had lost pictures. I also added the light bar.

Attached Files


Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


#13 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

    Administrator

  • DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPip
  • 8,848 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly cars
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Norev, HWE, Exoto

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Awesome Al. I never got into cop cars. I always fear getting involved in customs like this or the many Cuda Jeff has. Just an insane and endless hole. A very cool hole to get into, although.
Join me at TheWheelHouseClub.com for great discussions about automobiles, hobbies and more! We have cake.
Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   technica

technica

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Proud Citizen of:sg
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Autoart, Ricko... Anything goes!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

Looks damn bada$$! Nice mod I like it. IMO it will look even better if its lowered a little. :nice: :twocents:

#15 OFFLINE   E Rod_017

E Rod_017

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Newburgh New York
  • Interests:Cars cars and more cars
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything that has great detail for low prices

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

I can't look it scares my Crown Vic
Proud owner of AUTOart Bugatti Veyron SS edition Merveilleux #0060
to see it and the rest of my collection click here....
THANKS FOR THE ---->17000+<---- VIEWS!!!!!!!!!

#16 ONLINE   Cuda Jeff

Cuda Jeff

    Bronze Member

  • DX Community
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,918 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec City, Canada
  • Interests:Movie & TV vehicles, Police cars
  • Proud Citizen of:ca
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Hot Wheels Cult Classics

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

View Postpreisman, on 21 January 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

I never got into cop cars. I always fear getting involved in customs like this or the many Cuda Jeff has. Just an insane and endless hole.
Well as for my parts, I'm someone that likes to travel a lot ... so I'm only making Police Cars of every State or cities I've been in the USA  ... sort of a souvenir thing.


Just like the glasses I'm collecting from Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood & Margaritaville from cities I've been to.


But I agree, if you start to collect/do customs of whatever cruiser without any reasons behind it, it could easily become an endless hole!!!

:occasion14:
Click my banner to see my entire 1/18 collection


**THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 260,000+ VIEWS**

Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use