2003 DX Member Awards...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 12 December 2003 - 10:05 PM

April 2003 marked the birth of DiecastXchange.com. During that time this website/message forum has made leaps and bounds in ways that I didn't expect it would reach in such a short period of time.

As I have always contended that DX's main goal is to promote the hobby of diecast collectors/enthusiasts around the world I place a great deal of pride, time and admiration into DX. In addition, I realize that DX would not be the place it is without the members who are the face/voice and literally the fingers of the diecast community. As we have a lot of members who contribute in big ways, we also have members who contribute in small ways, which is just as great. I thank you all for doing so.

The following members of DX are being acknowledged for immeasurable contributions to the DX Forums but also to the diecast community as a whole. I thank you for doing both.

MclarenF1, was one of DX's first members and played a key role to the DX name getting out in the community. McF1, did an outstanding job promoting this site and bringing great content as well.
Posted Image

Domin8, for exceptional service serving up all the great banners for the members here on the DX forums.
Posted Image

XtremeDiecaster, for contributing immeasurable content and enthusiasm to the DX Forums. Even though XD is no longer with us, his passion will not be forgotten in the DX community. R.I.P.
Posted Image

mrmilo, forexceptional contributions to the DX Forums and diecast community by providing indepth and comprehensive reviews.
Posted Image

118motors, for his contributions to the diecast community by promoting this hobby through his site 118motors.com and also for providing very comprehensive reviews.
Posted Image

Calgary7'er, for his enthusiastic and informative contributions thoughout the DX Forum and DX Staff.
Posted Image

StygianMax, for his passionate and enthusiastic contributions throughout the DX Forums and DX Staff.
Posted Image

Scuderia, for his passionate and enthusiastic contributions throughout the DX Forums.
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   vegasracer

vegasracer

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3,788 posts
  • Interests:Sharp, shiny things...
  • Proud Citizen of: us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AUTOart, CMC, Exoto, TSM

Posted 12 December 2003 - 10:13 PM

Thank you. I'm honored. Congratulations to all the other awardees.  :jk:

#3 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:23 AM

More awards are soon to follow. :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

If you would also like to submit a member for an award, please pm me. I know some if not a majority make dealing off the forum. :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

#4 OFFLINE   calgary7er

calgary7er

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 902 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:24 AM

Thank you for the award, I am very honored  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Congratulations to all recipients and most of all to everyone here at DX, without you, there would be no awards  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:

:dxgreat:   :DX:  :DX:  :DX:
Posted Image

#5 Guest_118motors_*

Guest_118motors_*

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:26 AM

Thank you very much for the award, I appreciate it...again, I'm very honored and am proud to be here.

The main award should truly go to the Forums themselves, because they've raised awareness of this hobby while providing collectors with awesome news, awesome pics, and the ability to get to know awesome people. I am truly honored to be a part of this community.

Thanks again, guys.

#6 OFFLINE   Eric

Eric

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,970 posts
  • Interests:Diecast
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AUTOart, Kyosho, & GT Spirit

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:46 AM

Thank you very much Darrick.  I'm am honored to be a part of the DiecastXchange. :mrgreen:

Now, I'm going to print it out and frame it!!!! :sm:
-Eric
PSN ID: GTP_EricW

Eric's Diecast Collection

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Silver Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:54 AM

Congrats to all the deserving winners!
WTG Guys :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:
Thanks X :angel:
Jeff
"When politicians are arrogant enough to think they can plan and control life better than free people, people suffer."

Posted ImageE Rod_017, on 23 July 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Reason why 1:43 scale cars aren't that popular because most people including me(sorry it I offend) consider them toys and not Collectable model cars. .

Should you collect 1:43?

The Paladin

In my opinion, no if you can afford 1:18 models. First of all, most people will think of them as toys, while 1:18 models can look as something classy if you have a few.

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143
Click on my banner to see my website
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   LUW

LUW

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: br
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps & Ky

Posted 13 December 2003 - 07:01 AM

WTG, boys!
:jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:

So, where's the party? Will there be strippers?
Luciano

#9 OFFLINE   Ford GT

Ford GT

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 7,026 posts
  • Interests:1:18 - 1:43 - 1:64
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Truescale Miniatures

Posted 13 December 2003 - 09:26 AM

Congratulations guys! :dxgreat:  :DX:

Thank you for the award!, It's a pleasure to be part of this great place! :sm: :cool:  :sm:  :cool:
j u s t i n

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   castrol_supra_gt

castrol_supra_gt

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Cars, diecast cars, video games, computers
  • Proud Citizen of: gb
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AUTOart

Posted 13 December 2003 - 09:55 AM

Thanks, DX. I feel really honoured. :sm:  :sm:
Congratulations to the other winners! :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Darren

#11 Guest_Sir Gary_*

Guest_Sir Gary_*

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:12 PM

Congratulations to everyone who was presented with an award :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

It was so nice to see Xtreme Diecaster being honoured for his contributions to the DX forum.......Wherever you are XD , We salute you .
You are sadly missed . God Bless.

#12 OFFLINE   calgary7er

calgary7er

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 902 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 13 December 2003 - 09:36 PM

Congratulations to everyone who was presented with an award :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  

It was so nice to see Xtreme Diecaster being honoured for his contributions to the DX forum.......Wherever you are XD , We salute you .

:iagr:  Couldn't have worded it better if I tried, thanks angelrott_V6 :mrgreen:
Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   Scott_S

Scott_S

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 731 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 09:53 PM

Congrats to everyone & their awards!

#14 Guest_RHD_*

Guest_RHD_*

Posted 14 December 2003 - 02:45 AM

congrats to all you guys on the list :sm:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:

#15 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Silver Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:58 AM

Congratulations to everyone who was presented with an award :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

:iagr:  Couldn't have worded it better if I tried, thanks angelrott_V6 :mrgreen:

:iagr:  :iagr:  This one for our brother Xtreme Diecaster ..... :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk: :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk: :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk: :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:
:iagr:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:
Jeff
"When politicians are arrogant enough to think they can plan and control life better than free people, people suffer."

Posted ImageE Rod_017, on 23 July 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Reason why 1:43 scale cars aren't that popular because most people including me(sorry it I offend) consider them toys and not Collectable model cars. .

Should you collect 1:43?

The Paladin

In my opinion, no if you can afford 1:18 models. First of all, most people will think of them as toys, while 1:18 models can look as something classy if you have a few.

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143
Click on my banner to see my website
Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 7,546 posts
  • Interests:Cars, cars and more cars! (And Diecastxchange too of course!)
  • Proud Citizen of: ie
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:CMC

Posted 14 December 2003 - 06:46 PM

Thank you so much DX for the award!!!! I'm really happy that I found this place and that I managed to contribute in a positive way here!!!

And congrats to all my fellow award winners!!! :mrgreen:

#17 OFFLINE   gollum

gollum

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:F1, Ferrari, model cars, bicycles

Posted 17 December 2003 - 12:06 AM

congrats everyone !  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:

#18 OFFLINE   Ferrari-fanatic

Ferrari-fanatic

• DX Community
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:fishing, collecting models, Ferraris!
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:BBR

Posted 18 December 2003 - 09:19 PM

congrats everyone !  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:
:iagr:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

#19 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 01 May 2004 - 06:04 PM

The rest of the awards

Eric, for his passionate, informative and exceptonal creative contributions throughout the DX Forums. In addition, his presence on the Dx Staff is exceptional, I am honored and priveleged to serve the diecast community alongside him.
Posted Image

Ronan, for his passionate, informative and knowledge throughout the DX Forums and the DX Staff.
Posted Image

vegasracer, for his exceptional contributions to the DX Forums and Staff.
Posted Image

Ivan d., for his exceptional contributions not only to the DX Forums but also to the diecast community. In addition, his support in developing the DX Model Review system was exceptional.
Posted Image

Dennis, for his exceptional contributions to the DX Forums and diecast community.
Posted Image

Detour Dave, although not an very active poster here, but still a member. For his exceptional contributions and service to the diecast community.
Posted Image

FordGT. for his exceptional contributions throughout the DX Forums.
Posted Image

MaxPower, for providing exceptional support, content and enthusiasm throughout the DX Forums and Staff. His presence on throughout DX is invaluable and I privelaged to have him aboard.
Posted Image

Castrol_Supra_GT, for providing immeasurable contributions to the DX Forums by providing great reviews. In addition, CS_GT was the driving force behind the DX Model Review System which is the standard for models being reviewed here.
Posted Image

RichardM, for exceptional support and contributions to the DX Forums and Staff. Richards contributions to the staff here at DX is above and beyond, I honored to serve the diecast community with him
Posted Image

Allanmodel, for exceptional contributions to the diecast community, DX Forums and DX Staff. Allan is the face of this hobby, and I not only admire his spirit for this hobby, but also his passion and enthusiasm. I am truly honored and privelaged to serve the diecast community with Allan.
Posted Image

#20 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 01 May 2004 - 06:05 PM

Had to replace the img tags for these.

#21 OFFLINE   Dennis

Dennis

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4,585 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:DM, Fm

Posted 01 May 2004 - 08:12 PM

WTG every  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers
Posted Image

#22 Guest_Getter 3_*

Guest_Getter 3_*

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:32 PM

Congrats gents!   :cheers  :cheers  :cheers

Thank you for making DX such a great place to hang out.   :nicejob  :nicejob  :nicejob

:bigparty  :bigparty  :bigparty
:jawdrop  :jawdrop  :jawdrop  :jawdrop
:wave  :wave  :wave

#23 Guest_MclarenF1_*

Guest_MclarenF1_*

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:55 PM

awe crap, i missed the celebration.  thank you very much darrick for the award.  i still remember those first days of talking to you when you did not have a clue who i was.  and you also did not realize that you might need a moderator or 2  :lol if you only knew then what you know now, you would have had 20 mods lined up to take on the task of this huge forum.  i also remember emailing people, posting on all of the forums i knew of, and telling fellow collectors i knew personally about this place trying to get a job as a moderator.  thanks for the chance then and thanks now for letting me be a mod, it was great.  after i get my life sorted out i will be back in the forums a lot more.  congrats to everyone else the received an award, and thanks to all of the collectors that still come here.

#24 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:43 PM

Your more than welcome :cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use