GumballGT Interview...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:43 PM

On the behalf of DX, I would like to thank Louis Liang of DX Rocks for spending a few moments with us.

Louis is the webmaster for DX Rocks.com and business partner for DX Rocks; a sponsor of DX. Please be sure to check them out on the Sponsors/Vendors pages of the website.

DX Rocks

Now on to your reading pleasure.

DX:As DX Rocks.com is a new company, give the diecast community a backdrop of what comprises the industry's newest retailer?

DX Rocks:  DX Rocks.Com is founded to provide resources and services to the collecting community. Currently, DX Rocks.Com focuses on bring some on higher end 1:18 scale diecast models to our customers. As the business continues to grow, DX Rocks.Com will expand product offerings to provide more diecast models as well as other automobile memorabilia items. At the same time, I'll forward the latest news that reach DX Rocks.Com as a service to the collecting community.

DX:As an online retailer, you must have experience and interest in the hobby to pursue it in the role of an online retailer, what prompted this decision to do so?

DX Rocks: As the webmaster of DX Rocks.Com, I have received a lot of emails from visitors asking me to open an online store so they can purchase diecast models from me. After years of thinking about it and with right help, the store is now open to the public.

DX:How long have you been collecting, what themes do you prefer and lastly, how many models do you currently have in your collection?

DX Rocks: I received my very first model a few days before the Christmas of 1998. Currently, I have close to 500 different pieces in my collection. I collect pretty much everything that caught my eyes.

DX:Whats some of your favorite new releases to come out over this year and do you currently have it in your collection?

DX Rocks: My absolute favorite of all scale models done by Autoart is the 1953 Chevrolet Corvette in Polo White. This piece totally demonstrated how good Autoart can be when it comes to creating 1:18 scale models. It also signals what they have in store for collectors in the future. On top of everything, it really shows that folks at Autoart are indeed listening to their customers.

DX:As the collecting community is very broad, what was the deciding factor when determining which market of collectors that you wanted to service?

DX Rocks: Being in the retail business, customers are extremely important to us. Our goal at DX Rocks.Com is to provide service to all of our customers. Regardless if our customers are looking to buy additions to their collection or something for their desktops, we will try our hardest to meet their needs.

DX:In addition, the make up of collectors in this hobby is very broad and the industry seems to be releasing new models which will broaden the make up of collectors even more.(Ie; Dub City, Lowriders, Tuner cars) Will DX Rocks.com look to pursue this market, will you stick with the more traditional models or will the market dictate this for you guys?

DX Rocks: Personally, I find those heavily customized vehicles quite interesting. I even add a few to my private collection. We will definitely consider adding them to our product offering in the future.

DX:As the internet is forever changing, being an online retailer, what is some of the benefits and pitfalls?

DX Rocks: Internet is a blessing to this collecting hobby and entrepreneurs. It allows retail businesses to reach customers around the global. It allows collectors to find information they need. Without it, this hobby would probably never excel. Without it, shops like DX Rocks.Com would probably never exist. The pitfall of the internet for retailers like us is competitions, especially those from eBay. Since people have different ideas on how to run a business, competitions will continue one way or the other. That's the reason why we have to keep a close eye on the market and make adjustments so we can stay competitive.

DX:As we move forward into the 2004 model year, what can we expect from DX Rocks.com?

DX Rocks: 2004 will be a very important year for DX Rocks.Com. There are a lot of tasks lay out for us. One of the most important is to expand our product offerings. We will be working with closely with our current vendors as well as establish relationship with other fine manufacturers to bring more exciting products to our customers.

DX:In closing, as there are some notable online retailers who are known for their specific marketing niche which separates them from other online retailers, what can the community expect from DX Rocks in regards to identifying with your site and services?

DX Rocks: Here at DX Rocks.Com, we hope one day we can proudly say, "we are the ultimate resources for the diecast community". Our services to the collecting community will not limit to only our customers. We wish to extend our offerings to everyone.

Louis;DX Rocks, I would like to thank you for you time and wish you nothing bu the best of success in your goals of satisfying the diecast community with quality products and great service.

Thank You
DX

All content are physical and intellectual property of  © 2003 www.DiecastXchange.com. All rights reserved.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Silver Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,534 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Proud Citizen of: us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:46 PM

Great Read http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.gif  http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif
Jeff
"When politicians are arrogant enough to think they can plan and control life better than free people, people suffer."

Posted ImageE Rod_017, on 23 July 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Reason why 1:43 scale cars aren't that popular because most people including me(sorry it I offend) consider them toys and not Collectable model cars. .

Should you collect 1:43?

The Paladin

In my opinion, no if you can afford 1:18 models. First of all, most people will think of them as toys, while 1:18 models can look as something classy if you have a few.

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143
Click on my banner to see my website
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Eric

Eric

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,974 posts
  • Interests:Diecast
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AUTOart, Kyosho, & GT Spirit

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:51 PM

Very good reading, Congrats to Louis on his new venture!!! :jk:  :jk:  :jk:
-Eric
PSN ID: GTP_EricW

Eric's Diecast Collection

Posted Image

#4 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:55 PM

Very good reading, Congrats to Louis on his new venture!!! :jk:  :jk:  :jk:

:iagr:  :jk:  :jk:

I love the entrepreneurial spirit :mrgreen:

#5 OFFLINE   Ford GT

Ford GT

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 7,026 posts
  • Interests:1:18 - 1:43 - 1:64
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Truescale Miniatures

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:57 PM

Great interview!!! :sm:  :sad:
j u s t i n

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   StygianMax

StygianMax

Silver Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,387 posts
  • Interests:Most vehicles with wheels....just not shopping carts.
  • Proud Citizen of: ca
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:None at the moment

Posted 16 December 2003 - 06:31 PM

:iagr: Likewise.  Best of luck in the venture Louis!  :mrgreen:  That was a great interview too.
Felix (Click banner to see my diecast website)

Posted Image

#7 Guest_Rat_*

Guest_Rat_*

Posted 16 December 2003 - 06:54 PM

:iagr: Likewise.  Best of luck in the venture Louis!  :mrgreen:  That was a great interview too.
:iagr:  :iagr:  :iagr: I hope you'll find a way to ship to Canada!   http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.gif

#8 Guest_RichardM_*

Guest_RichardM_*

Posted 16 December 2003 - 08:43 PM

:iagr:  :iagr:  :iagr: I hope you'll find a way to ship to Canada!   http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.gif

:iagr: Don't forget us Canucks! :sm:

#9 OFFLINE   vegasracer

vegasracer

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3,788 posts
  • Interests:Sharp, shiny things...
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AUTOart, CMC, Exoto, TSM

Posted 16 December 2003 - 08:46 PM

Great interview!!! :sm:  :sad:

:iagr:  :iagr:  :iagr:

#10 OFFLINE   StygianMax

StygianMax

Silver Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,387 posts
  • Interests:Most vehicles with wheels....just not shopping carts.
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:None at the moment

Posted 16 December 2003 - 08:49 PM

Yeah, us in the Great White North!  :sm:
Felix (Click banner to see my diecast website)

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   calgary7er

calgary7er

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 902 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 09:40 PM

We have money, and the way the exchange rate is going lately, we have more of it so please, we want to support you also  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   castrol_supra_gt

castrol_supra_gt

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Cars, diecast cars, video games, computers
  • Proud Citizen of: gb
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AUTOart

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:28 AM

That was a great read!
Darren

#13 OFFLINE   allanmodel

allanmodel

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: sg
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:BBR,MR,MG

Posted 17 December 2003 - 07:22 AM

That was a great read!

:iagr:  Thanks Louis :jk:

#14 Guest_louis_*

Guest_louis_*

Posted 17 December 2003 - 01:03 PM

Thanks to all for your kind words. :)

#15 OFFLINE   BVR

BVR

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Interests:Music, classic cars
  • Proud Citizen of: nl
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AUTOart

Posted 17 December 2003 - 01:30 PM

Great interview!!! Thanx louis!  :mrgreen:

#16 OFFLINE   LUW

LUW

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,232 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: br
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps & Ky

Posted 17 December 2003 - 02:31 PM

WTG, Louis!  :jk:
Luciano

#17 OFFLINE   Daniel Gabrian

Daniel Gabrian

A car dream in 1/18!!

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:1/18 cars, travel
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Exoto

Posted 17 December 2003 - 06:24 PM

Very good reading, Congrats to Louis on his new venture!!! :jk:  :jk:  :jk:

We have money, and the way the exchange rate is going lately, we have more of it so please, we want to support you also  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Yeah, money from the Northern Relatives are good too! We have loonies and toonies http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/lol.gif Tones of them....

Dan
Posted Image

#18 Guest_f1maniac_*

Guest_f1maniac_*

Posted 17 December 2003 - 08:12 PM

good luck!

#19 Guest_RHD_*

Guest_RHD_*

Posted 19 December 2003 - 09:44 PM

gr8 interview!! http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use