#1 OFFLINE   Autobellissima

Autobellissima

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 595 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:gb
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:49 AM

My birthday passed just before the new year and my GF bought me a diecast...i was expecting a cmc testarossa (i gave her a wishlist) nearly got one but she instead got me the hyper hyped koenigsegg ccx which isn't that bad of a consolation...a very very cool car (and was included in the list too).

unfortunately...despite that it has a very very low number in it's certificate, the model she got had a flaw (at least for me). the back engine cover despite having already two supports would not stay up!!try as i might, the only way is to put something that keeps it ajar, since the ccx is a really nice car to display while open this however isnt good for me esp for taking photos. does anyone have this problem?

the car isn't bought online but as i try to replace the car with the shop, there weren't much options left as there were a limited imported and most if not all had been sold out. oh dear me...i hope this little problem can be fixed.  

is there anyway to fix this problem manually without looking for a replacement?(making the two piece engine struts stick?) happy 2010 to all!
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   hokuan

hokuan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 511 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:my
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Autort,Kyosho

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

you mean the other CCX in the shop also have flaws  :occasion14:
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   m_power

m_power

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Interests:European and Japanese cars, Women, Top Gear, Food, Photography, Watches
  • Proud Citizen of:ca
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AUTOart, UT

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:03 AM

Sucks man..mine is tight as a drum. Hope you or someone has a solution. I'm interested to know which number you got. Care to share or PM me lol  :occasion14:
Happy New Year

#4 OFFLINE   tonyg54

tonyg54

• DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPip
  • 6,290 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, Minichamps

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:43 AM

I don't think that it is the struts holding the weight of the rear cover. I believe it is the pair of scissor hinges that attach the cover to the body of the car. If you look closely there are a number of fine philips head screws that hold the assembly together. Maybe they are loose causing the full weight of the rear cover to come crashing down on the faux struts.

Try to tighten those screws up with a fine screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit. Maybe have some flat black touch up paint handy in case the screwdriver slips and scrapes some of the paint.

Good luck on either the repair or the return!

Oh, my copy was also tight as a drum.

#5 Guest_mac47_*

Guest_mac47_*

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

View PostAutobellissima, on 04 January 2010 - 03:49 AM, said:

is there anyway to fix this problem manually without looking for a replacement?(making the two piece engine struts stick?) happy 2010 to all!

Have you tried tightening the double hinge screws of the bonnet?

#6 OFFLINE   Autobellissima

Autobellissima

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 595 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:45 AM

View Posttonyg54, on 04 January 2010 - 09:43 AM, said:

I don't think that it is the struts holding the weight of the rear cover. I believe it is the pair of scissor hinges that attach the cover to the body of the car. If you look closely there are a number of fine philips head screws that hold the assembly together. Maybe they are loose causing the full weight of the rear cover to come crashing down on the faux struts.

Try to tighten those screws up with a fine screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit. Maybe have some flat black touch up paint handy in case the screwdriver slips and scrapes some of the paint.

Good luck on either the repair or the return!

Oh, my copy was also tight as a drum.

I haven't taken it out of the styro in hopes to preserve my chances on changing it when a better one comes in the shop my gf got it in. i will try to see if i can check the hinge without compromising the car. i'd rather have it tight like you guys. cant imagine putting something to keep the cover up.

hokuan:
you mean the other CCX in the shop also have flaws

yup, went back to the shop, unfortunately the model i looked at to replace had a left door that was too loose for my liking, though i reckon it may just be me.
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   initiald

initiald

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:BBR / CMC

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:32 AM

View PostAutobellissima, on 05 January 2010 - 04:45 AM, said:

yup, went back to the shop, unfortunately the model i looked at to replace had a left door that was too loose for my liking, though i reckon it may just be me.

I don't think it's just you. When I bought mine at a shop in HK, I had to open up and go through 3 units before I found the left door that was not loose in closed position ! There was some play when you move the door fore and aft when in closed position.

#8 Guest_pastysmasher_*

Guest_pastysmasher_*

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:52 AM

my first CCX had a similar problem with its engine cover, would hardly stay up at all, my second was a bit better but all you had to do was breath on it and it would collapse and make a horrible noise lol,
my third one though is A OK   :rolleyes:

#9 OFFLINE   bigdeano

bigdeano

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Interests:Supercars, Group B, Group C, Group 5, FIA GT1/GT2/GT3, JGTC, Warbids, and Reno Air Racing.
  • Proud Citizen of:au
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:HPI, HobbyMaster, Carrera

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:02 AM

View Postinitiald, on 05 January 2010 - 05:32 AM, said:

I don't think it's just you. When I bought mine at a shop in HK, I had to open up and go through 3 units before I found the left door that was not loose in closed position ! There was some play when you move the door fore and aft when in closed position.

View Postpastysmasher, on 05 January 2010 - 06:52 AM, said:

my first CCX had a similar problem with its engine cover, would hardly stay up at all, my second was a bit better but all you had to do was breath on it and it would collapse and make a horrible noise lol,
my third one though is A OK   :rolleyes:

It seems that these CCX's are a "third time lucky" affair   :icon_bs: . I think I might be able to do perfectly fine without a CCX sitting on my shelf, thank ye very much.
Posted Image

#10 Guest_pastysmasher_*

Guest_pastysmasher_*

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:30 AM

ill show you all a pic later of something i just descovered with my latest ccx, something very very shocking on AUTOarts behalf   :tongue4:
im begining to think that AUTOart never made 1 decent ccx

#11 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Exact Detail

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:43 AM

You all are just making all of this up because all we do on this site is criticize AUTOart. It's all we have to live for. Posted Image

Justin

#12 OFFLINE   initiald

initiald

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

View Postpastysmasher, on 11 January 2010 - 09:30 AM, said:

ill show you all a pic later of something i just descovered with my latest ccx, something very very shocking on AUTOarts behalf   :tongue4:
im begining to think that AUTOart never made 1 decent ccx

Did you order it online? Very curious on the defect. Don't know if yours can top out the steeting-less model on the Lamborghini.   :tongue4:

#13 Guest_pastysmasher_*

Guest_pastysmasher_*

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

its not realy a defect, its the way the struts are placed on the rear engine cover, theres scratches and thick glue marks everywhere. it looks terrible very shoddy craftmanship

i ordered it where ii get most of my models, granprixlegends :]

#14 OFFLINE   Florin

Florin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps, Kyosho

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

View Postpastysmasher, on 11 January 2010 - 06:00 PM, said:

its not realy a defect, its the way the struts are placed on the rear engine cover, theres scratches and thick glue marks everywhere. it looks terrible very shoddy craftmanship

i ordered it where ii get most of my models, granprixlegends :]
That is nasty, are you gonna get it exchanged?
But...but...but the Chinese labor rates!

#15 OFFLINE   C2turbo

C2turbo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Cars
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Highway 61

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

I got an AUTOart DBR-1 from a site vendor and they told me they couldnt replace it cause they weren't stocking new autoart items because of cost. I had to just get a refund and since then have decided my money is best spent on other brands.
Brendan

#16 Guest_pastysmasher_*

Guest_pastysmasher_*

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

this is what i was talking about,
Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   initiald

initiald

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

If they claim it's new, then that's bad.  http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/yikes.gif

#18 OFFLINE   bb_00

bb_00

• DX Community
  • 49 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

I am not having the same issue as the OP with the engine cover struts.  They seem to be fairly tight.  But I am having the loose left door issue.  I checked throughout and couldn't find anything loose.  Another thing is that I found a tiny screw inside the box.  I couldn't seem to locate where in the car is missing.  Maybe it's an extra?

#19 OFFLINE   118supercars

118supercars

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Interests:baseball, supercars, geography
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:UT Models

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

Typical Autoart, I was already scared to buy a Veyron because so many of them have the EB badge crumbled off.  I can just hope that the CCX and Veyron will depreciate in value over time.

#20 OFFLINE   Florin

Florin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

It's somehow expected. For me, the latest AUTOart purchases were defective (well, 2 of 3)...
But AUTOart apologists will surely chime in. It will be amusing to hear their pitch   :occasion14:

#21 OFFLINE   Joe33

Joe33

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

View PostFlorin, on 19 January 2010 - 07:56 PM, said:

It's somehow expected. For me, the latest AUTOart purchases were defective (well, 2 of 3)...
But AUTOart apologists will surely chime in. It will be amusing to hear their pitch   :occasion14:

You able to say which models and what the defects are?  Just curious to see if the defects are the same as experienced by other collectors   :lol:
Joe

#22 OFFLINE   Florin

Florin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

View PostJoe33, on 20 January 2010 - 01:47 PM, said:

You able to say which models and what the defects are?  Just curious to see if the defects are the same as experienced by other collectors   :occasion14:
With pleasure!
1/3 Porsche 997 GT3 RS (DE), missing shifter
2/3 Porsche 997 GT3 RS (DE) "the replacement" - rough paint (bubbles)on hood
3/3 Porsche 928 - nonoperational flip open headlights and white paint residue on right headlight. This is the only one that I can get exchanged, since it was bought locally by my wife as a gift to me.

I will post a thread with pictures and will have to make one mint GT3 RS out of 2 and sell the damaged one at a loss, or keep it for parts. I don't have 928 pictures of the paint residue, since the car has been returned - I am waiting for the replacement.

#23 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,387 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Exoto, CMC

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:55 AM

Surprised people are still buying Auto Art myself, it'll be a long time it I do again that for sure.
Steve

#24 OFFLINE   Ivaylo

Ivaylo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Diecast cars, photography, graphic design
  • Proud Citizen of:bg
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho, AUTOart, GMP, Norev

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:54 AM

Believe it or not, I stopped buying AutoArt models online. Luckily I have a diecast store near where I live so I always go there to choose the model personally. I've received USED Kyosho models in 99% perfect quality and just one tiny flaw (keep in mind it was used) and BRAND NEW AutoArt models with snapped off or wobbly wheels, grilles and awfully applied paint. Couple of years back the things were much better. Today, ordering an AutoArt online is like playing the lottery.

The only solution is to find a friendly seller who will take time to open and inspect your model before shipping.

The even sadder things is that Minichamps follows their steps! I had more than one problem with their models too...

Edited by Ivaylo, 21 January 2010 - 02:55 AM.

#25 Guest_pastysmasher_*

Guest_pastysmasher_*

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:17 AM

ahaa so im not the only person who has had an AUTOart with wobbly wheels.....ive always asumed it was me being carless or something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use