#26 OFFLINE   initiald

initiald

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,882 posts
  • Favorite Brands:BBR / CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:my

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

Forgot to mention... My Veyron came with the dreaded misaligned steering wheel. But turning the wheels left and right centred it back.   :wavetowel2:

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   Monster

Monster

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

View Postinitiald, on 14 February 2010 - 01:23 PM, said:

Monster, where did you get your Veyron(s)? Online or at the local shop? Truth be told, if this thread were to come out 3 weeks ago, I would be doubtful pulling the trigger on the Veyron.
Anyway from the responses, I can only conclude at this moment that Australia and Canada are getting crappy Autoart models.

The first two Veyron was from an Australian online shop, the third one is bought online from the official Australian distributor for Autoart models. There are hardly any model shops in Sydney, and even if they do, they have a very limited range and stock to choose from. My normal local shop didn't stock the pearl white one, plus it cost more than ebay.

I bought the 4th Veyron off ebay, this one has a slightly loose slide window, which is probably the lest horrible quality issue of all the Veyrons I have seen.

#28 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:1/18 diecast Ferrari Mustang Bugatti Audi BMW AM Porsche Ford GT40 Chaparral. History/World Affairs. Sci-Fi. Airshows, Auto Racing(IMSA, LM, ALMS, Indycar, F1)
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart-Maisto-Kyosho-Exoto-Mattel
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

Hi Florin. Sorry to hear about your Auto Art problems. I have quite a few in my collection. I've been lucky. Only had two damaged in shipping. One was a mirror on the 2003 Bullitt Mustang which luckily could be Crazy Glued. The other was a '65 Aston Martin that was shipped without the original box. Two of the wheels broke of and I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it. I didn't send it back. I won it for $4.50 on ebay and they refunded my $25US shipping when I sent them an email with a photo of the damage. They said to keep the model if I wanted it or send it back. They only had the one so I kept it. I'll figure something out.
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you." - BATMAN BEGINS

#29 OFFLINE   b-ry89

b-ry89

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5,450 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Movies, Paranormal, UFO, Photography.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, GT Spirits, Norev, Hotwheels Elite (Ferrari)
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:39 PM

Florin, I'm really sorry to hear about your frustration with AUTOart. For me, I rarely have issues with AUTOart models. The two incidents I remember was from my 2001 Subaru WRX (driver side front wheel came off the front axel) and Porsche 911 Carrera Cup (front windshield literally came off the car). However, it seems like Kyosho and Minichamps have better control of their QC compared to AUTOart. I guess I've been pretty lucky so far, lets hope it stays that way   :hope:
Brian's Recent Haul(s):

AUTOart Chevy Corvette C7 Z06
AUTOart Lamborghini Huracan
Triple 9 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R35)

#30 OFFLINE   jcollege

jcollege

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, AUTOart, Kyosho

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:42 AM

The Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster has two different colored seats.  The interior is black, and the passenger seats is a very very dark blue, hardly noticeable but its there!
-Jeff

#31 OFFLINE   Autobellissima

Autobellissima

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 546 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Anything
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

lol i'm speechless.  it's a worldwide trend...agreed

#32 OFFLINE   T1000

T1000

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and 1:1s
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:bg

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:09 AM

To be honest the 1:1 Mucri also has 2 seats in the same slightly different colors... Why? Because it's a Lambo and they just do that sort of things   :hope:

I'll be back
Posted Image
Clear the decks, the Rammstein tanker is once again under steam!
www.diecast-utopia.com
stuffedparty.com
..-. --- .-. --.. .- | ..-. . .-. .-. .- .-. ..

#33 OFFLINE   looney

looney

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Favorite Brands:UT

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:51 AM

View Postjcollege, on 16 February 2010 - 07:42 AM, said:

The Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster has two different colored seats.  The interior is black, and the passenger seats is a very very dark blue, hardly noticeable but its there!

thats because its an option on 1:1 murci's

Posted Image

#34 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,174 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:36 AM

MED, yes I agree you can have problems with any manufacture making models but most have not increased inprice as much or as many times as Auto Art and the majority do not call there coustomers liers or imply that you have broken the model yourself as do Auto Art. Auto Art desirve every thing that they are getting at the moment, yes they do produce some good models but at one time all there models were good and affordable. This is not the case now they are ignoring every problem that they are being informed about, there QC is almost none exsitant now. I have purchased many of the products and you could always be sure that the model that you had just purchesed when opened would be in good condition, it is not the case now and when you inform them of problems they wash there hand of you and say it nothing to do with them.

Edited by Super Snail, 17 February 2010 - 01:42 AM.

Steve

#35 OFFLINE   jcollege

jcollege

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, AUTOart, Kyosho

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:35 AM

View PostT1000, on 17 February 2010 - 12:09 AM, said:

To be honest the 1:1 Mucri also has 2 seats in the same slightly different colors... Why? Because it's a Lambo and they just do that sort of things   :rolleyes:

I could have sworn that I didnt check that option box when I was ordering my Murci  :hope:
-Jeff

#36 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

View Postworkhurts, on 14 February 2010 - 11:23 AM, said:

To put things in perspective, I don't actually anticipate that a car will not have problems - I fully anticipate that it will.  I find that most people on message boards are uber or well informed collectors and that when you're talking $50-$100 cars our expectations differ from the general public, the sellers and most sane people.

I can't even begin to count the number of times I've gotten damaged cars, boxes etc.  My 1:10 GT40 had a piece of aluminum at the bottom of the box that took me about 20 minutes to figure out where it went to and re-glued it in place.  I've had damaged tow hooks on my 934s/935s.  One of my RS Spyders came with a smashed up box.  Half my Saubers had crooked wings.  The paint on the M1s is a nonometer thick.  The rear lights on the M1s like to fall off.  You want to talk paint?  I've given up on that.  If you look hard enough, you'll find a fault with every single model.

What do you do?  I send things back usually but it drains you and you eventually learn to live with little imperfections.

Welcome to club OCD.  What I've found liberating is just ignoring an issue for a day or two.  If I can live with it, it stays - if not well it goes back.  What I really wish would happen is for sellers, when told about the quality issues, to offer either a partial refund or a return on their own dime.  9 times out of 10, I'd just take a 10-30% refund and be happy but for some reason they seldom do that.

We at DieCastFast cover shipping costs both ways (in the US) for exchanging imperfect models, which I understand is pretty rare. We refuse to do the partial refund since that can easily be exploited. If a customer is truly dissatisfied, they should want to get the problem resolved with an exchange.

If more sellers took responsibility for what they sold, they'd do like us and stop retailing new AUTOart products. I mean a total and complete boycott - instructing AUTOart that if they ship them anything else, the order will be refused and returned at their expense. Trust me, I know many retailers and wholesale distributors who have done just that over the last 3 yrs! Carrying AUTOart is just bad for business and those still hanging on and selling it must be gluttons for punishment because their biggest competitor is AUTOart promoting their own retail site and filling those orders before they ever send the first piece to their distributors. BAD BUSINESS!
Justin

#37 OFFLINE   monk017

monk017

• DX Community
  • 16 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AA

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

i had issues with rear lights falling off after some time in one of my AUTOart 911.. i'd rather buy kyosho thn AUTOart these days..

#38 OFFLINE   VeyronThrust

VeyronThrust

• DX Community
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

Does anyone know about gummy seats on the Corvette C6 models? I just received mine last night and it feels like the seats are deteriorating into gum. Do you think mine just got overheated someway?  Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   1970Muscle

1970Muscle

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail / H61

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:44 PM

View PostVeyronThrust, on 11 January 2011 - 12:16 PM, said:

Does anyone know about gummy seats on the Corvette C6 models? I just received mine last night and it feels like the seats are deteriorating into gum. Do you think mine just got overheated someway?  Posted Image

They were all that way which is why they were closeouts. You did get a good deal on it I hope cause many collectors paid $80 for a piece of junk?
--Dennis at your service--

#40 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,816 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

View PostVeyronThrust, on 11 January 2011 - 12:16 PM, said:

I have yet to see one that wasn't.   :giggle: Mine felt like they were made from chewing gum. I had a spare set of Maisto seats so I used them.

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

#41 Guest_mac47_*

Guest_mac47_*

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

I heard from John Fox that he once tried to paint a pair of these not-fully-cured AUTOart seats, and the result was disastrous because the surface melted with the paint. He had a hell of a time making new ones and it set him back several weeks on the completion of that custom. I suspect it may be a "feature" intended to make them feel like leather, but it hasn't worked very well.

#42 OFFLINE   Ford GT

Ford GT

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,495 posts
  • Interests:1:18 - 1:43 - 1:64
  • Favorite Brands:Truescale Miniatures

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

I had not even heard of this until a few weeks ago. Every C6, including the Z06 is affected?
j u s t i n

Posted Image

#43 OFFLINE   silly4hamlin

silly4hamlin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:1:24th scale NO LONGER I recently Sold that Entire Collection and Now Strictly Collect 1:18th scale CAMARO's Only by JADA TOY's
  • Favorite Brands:1:18th JADA TOY's CAMARO's Only

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

I am recently back into Diecast and I must say I have been very pleased with the brands I have been getting. Just to Name them Action, Shelby collectibles and X-Tuner. But my brother has had two or more Autoarts that have been damaged and he is a huge Maisto fan and most commomn is paint bubbles with them.

Can it be packaging that may be an issue on most of those defects..? It would seem that its really a QC issue honestly. They are a Mid Premium car for costs and I am considering them for the Mustangs I need to fill my collection of Mustangs but now I am hesitent at all to buy unseen. (E Bay).....I am sorry to hear your experience I hope it does not continue for you as your obviously an Autoart fan with that list.

Personally it seems its a time to change.

Great list by the way......chris

#44 OFFLINE   rotormotor

rotormotor

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 675 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Later.......
  • Proud Citizen of:nz

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

bit late to this thread but my 1/18 mazda 787B QC personal in china must have had their eyes 'painted on'

managed to secure a completly unopened factory boxed one still with the white outer box (was a mystery box found on shelf item on a recent stores stocktake) for the original listed price as they obviously had no idea of its worth on the 2nd hand marketPosted Image  $268NZ delivered.

when i first removed the white outer and opened the clam shell, first thing i see is tops of both mirrors has wear marks on top.as in someone has dragged along concrete upside down Posted Image paint slightly removed on one but just scratches on other..
how that isn't seen when boxing up i will never know...not so bad displayed but IF i re-sell is going to be a big issue then...wasn't going to return it to store as they only  found the 2 and other was sold before i secured mine so lucky to get mine in any case....

i'll add a pic next time its out of the cabinet and upload...

#45 OFFLINE   fedwood

fedwood

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 280 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

My 787B had a disconnected wing, headlight covers fallen off, missing bonet pin, side mirrors fallen off.
The seller was extremely good in that he sent me out a new one, before I had even sent the old one back.

The new one came with one mirror off, but that was easily fixed with a dab of glue.

Edited by fedwood, 25 June 2011 - 10:55 PM.

#46 OFFLINE   sileong

sileong

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:Cars, scale models
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:59 AM

My AUTOart 1:18 Toyota Trueno (Tuned Version) came without a passenger side interior door panel.  

Thats why I prefer to buy my AutoArt models from their store (Hong Kong) instead of online. The gentleman that works there was nice enough to open every single one that I wanted to buy so I can inspect it.
Posted Image

#47 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,306 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

I read a lot of horrror stories on here prior to purchasing my 787B, I managed to get a perfect one, even the front wheel covers stay on when you move the car about!

All in all though I have well over 100 AUTOart modesl & tbh none have any problems at all. I think I'm lucky ;)

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#48 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,174 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

Its the first time I have heard about the Mazda 787b having problems, most poeple disliked the long lanyards holding the bonnet pins and few cut them off. I was really lucky as mine was great first off, wish I could say the same about the Skyline DR30 RS turbo race car. That nearly made me give up collecting and with out the help of Tim I'd have never got a good one, it did not work out too well for him as AUTOart refused to sell him anymore models after that until recently when they asked if he wanted to sell them again. I think you could imagine just were he told them to put their models. Sad case is most companies seam to be haveing QC issues it seams to be the first casulity when an economic crissis hits some thing I find very short sighted.
Steve

#49 OFFLINE   rotormotor

rotormotor

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 675 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Later.......
  • Proud Citizen of:nz

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:16 AM

View Postfedwood, on 25 June 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

My 787B had a disconnected wing, headlight covers fallen off, missing bonet pin, side mirrors fallen off.
The seller was extremely good in that he sent me out a new one, before I had even sent the old one back.

The new one came with one mirror off, but that was easily fixed with a dab of glue.

wow you got it bad!!! broken/missing mirrors is a big issue it seems with 2nd hand ones for sale...

those wires that hold the pins for the bonnet/engine cover are a pain in the arse.one of mine is on such a recoil it goes in the little hole and immediatly pops out...spring loaded...daren't cut them off though..

#50 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,306 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

View PostSuper Snail, on 13 July 2011 - 12:16 AM, said:

Its the first time I have heard about the Mazda 787b having problems, most poeple disliked the long lanyards holding the bonnet pins and few cut them off. I was really lucky as mine was great first off, wish I could say the same about the Skyline DR30 RS turbo race car. That nearly made me give up collecting and with out the help of Tim I'd have never got a good one, it did not work out too well for him as AUTOart refused to sell him anymore models after that until recently when they asked if he wanted to sell them again. I think you could imagine just were he told them to put their models. Sad case is most companies seam to be haveing QC issues it seams to be the first casulity when an economic crissis hits some thing I find very short sighted.

Yep I read a lot on here way before I joined up, I was thinking, typical of me I'll buy one & it'll be broken or crap etc. I did ask the seller (it came off ebay) and was assured all as cool, yep he was right. It's perfect, one of my favourite cars.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use