60 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   t4orce

t4orce

• DX Community
  • 13 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

Sorry for late reply but I'm new to diecast and I've had issues with my autoarts as well. I bought a cl63 and it was missing a lens cap from the passenger side mirror. The car is being replaced but it shows that I need to inspect more carefully before buying.

My second autoart is a s63 and that is missing amg decals on the drivers side brake caliper and there are paint chips on the door and spray issues on the roof.

I spent in total $350 for the two models and had expected it to be defect free and perfect but perhaps that's unrealistic. I guess when I spend less on a maisto or welly I expect there to be imperfections but not on a premium brand.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#52 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

t4orce, on 16 August 2011 - 08:54 AM, said:

I spent in total $350 for the two models and had expected it to be defect free and perfect but perhaps that's unrealistic.

No, that's very realistic. In fact, that's what collectors expected when these models sold for the ghastly sum of $49 just a few yrs ago, so when the price is increased by 5x, shouldn't the expectations at least remain the same?  :rolleyes:
Justin

#53 OFFLINE   John@cdr

John@cdr

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 393 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GMP

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Well dont you expect MORE for your MONEY, then AutoArt will give you MORE, MORE defects. <shrug> I dont see the problem  :rolleyes:

#54 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,678 posts
  • Interests:Cars and living life to the full
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, FrontiArt..... Well anything except minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

The last 3 AUTOart's I've had have been perfect.
But before then, well let's just say gpl must have been pretty fed up of sending me replacement cars.
Posted Image

#55 ONLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,066 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:si

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

From my collection.. Autoart only:

-C63 AMG White - Glue in all gaps ( between bumpers and body.. Yellow glue on white models is so much visable..) and bad paint
-Diablo 6.0 Black - Can't close driver doors.. Also some paint chips..
- 997 GT3 RS Green - Damadged rear bumper
- GT-R Red - glue ( A lot of glue!! ) between front lights and body

Also I belive I had more models with problems.. But sold it..

#56 OFFLINE   hacken

hacken

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 153 posts
  • Favorite Brands:PMA
  • Proud Citizen of:ad

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

AUTOart = no QC

#57 OFFLINE   Heaty

Heaty

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:1/18 Diecast Car Collector
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

I had a honda s2000 where the hood didnt stay open, and it was missing a shiny chrome sticker for the mirror.  As well an 06 wrx sti that had a side mirror that fell off when I opened it with my finger. Call it poor handling of the product on my case, but i call it cheap glue!  I fixed both issues myself :) I have 12 JDM autoart diecast cars. love them all. Id rate Autoart 9.6/10 over flaw issues.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

New Additions to my JDM Collectiion

• 1/18 Autoart Berlina Black Honda NSX
  • 1/18 Autoart Bayside Blue Nissan R34 GTR -from a fellow member "Kezza"
  • 1/18 Kyosho Red Toyota Supra

#58 OFFLINE   E Rod_017

E Rod_017

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4,669 posts
  • Interests:Cars cars and more cars
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that has great detail for low prices

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

After reading this it makes me happy that my AUTOart Reventon has no qc issues. Though it does worry me that the other 2 AUTOart cars I want (Bugatti Veyron bleu Centenaire and 2004 Ford Mustang Bullit GT) will have qc problems though I really don't care if it's a small issue like a misaligned steering wheel or orange peel but if it has missing or broken parts that can't be fixed then I will care especially if it happens to the Veyron since it 4 times the cost of the Mustang
TO SEE MY COLLECTION CLICK RIGHT HERE!!!
THANKS FOR THE 20,000 VIEWS!!!!!

#59 OFFLINE   Heaty

Heaty

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:1/18 Diecast Car Collector
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

E Rod_017, on 15 July 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

After reading this it makes me happy that my AUTOart Reventon has no qc issues. Though it does worry me that the other 2 AUTOart cars I want (Bugatti Veyron bleu Centenaire and 2004 Ford Mustang Bullit GT) will have qc problems though I really don't care if it's a small issue like a misaligned steering wheel or orange peel but if it has missing or broken parts that can't be fixed then I will care especially if it happens to the Veyron since it 4 times the cost of the Mustang

maybe they quality check higher end cars :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

New Additions to my JDM Collectiion

• 1/18 Autoart Berlina Black Honda NSX
  • 1/18 Autoart Bayside Blue Nissan R34 GTR -from a fellow member "Kezza"
  • 1/18 Kyosho Red Toyota Supra

#60 OFFLINE   Q-DawgVFR

Q-DawgVFR

• DX Community
  • 11 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps, Otto, Norev, AUTOart,

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

workhurts, on 14 February 2010 - 11:23 AM, said:

What do you do?  I send things back usually but it drains you and you eventually learn to live with little imperfections.

Welcome to club OCD.  What I've found liberating is just ignoring an issue for a day or two.  If I can live with it, it stays - if not well it goes back.  What I really wish would happen is for sellers, when told about the quality issues, to offer either a partial refund or a return on their own dime.  9 times out of 10, I'd just take a 10-30% refund and be happy but for some reason they seldom do that.

This is pretty much the approach I take.

There is a lot of models I find something wrong with.  Bad paint is the worst issue, as there is very little that can be done about it.  Mainly with Kyosho.  So far, my worst luck overall seems to be with Kyosho branded / built models, not Autoart like everyone seems to be complaining about.  Am I pumping up AUTOart? No, I hate the cost of their stuff, but in all fairness I have had less QC issues with them.  I have been told (by one of my model suppliers who is an authorized Kyosho dealer) that Kyosho has 3 factories in China and most of the recent QC issues were coming from one of them and they were shut down (at least temporary) to resolve issue.  I have had good luck with Minichamps, so far.

Long story made short; a lot of issues I choose to live with and take some discount, but the best luck I have had is to ask sellers to take the factory sealed box I have purchased and open it for inspection prior to sending.

I do this for 2 reasons: it lets them know they are dealing with a fussy collector who will notice flaws if present.  The pre-inspection may catch a QC issue before it becomes MY problem, and the second reason is that I have had a few sellers (who I will not order from again) insist that damaged or flawed models were either shipped in good, undamaged condition (when I am certain they weren't), or refuse to take back free of charge: that I get what I get because it was factory sealed and out of their control / not their fault.

#61 OFFLINE   ws6_22

ws6_22

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,389 posts
  • Favorite Brands:gmp
  • Proud Citizen of:es

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

The exoto control quality  is more poor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use