DiecastXchange Forum banner

Juan Manuel Fangio - Maserati Tipo 250F #1 1957 by CMC in 1/18

215K views 481 replies 62 participants last post by  Jersey_Devil 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
»Red Gloves Rule«

'MY COLLECTION' is dedicated to Greg Moore (1975-1999)

© Photo: Greg Moore. A Legacy of Spirit. Whitecap Books 2000.

IMPORTANT:
PLEASE NOTE that I had troubles with my picture hoster (photobucket) - so the many postings are without pictures. I'll try to restore this thread in the next months!

PLEASE NOTE also: Feel free to visit my collection from page 9. Due to many changes and the troubles with the hoster my collection starts at this page!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Great pics! Those C1 models are beautiful...I always liked that Gatorade McLaren, but never got around to buying one.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
The M*** at the Marlboro Penske : no official release ?
yes, you're right. the german well known company is not amused if you convert their diecast and show them - especially when you put on tabacoo-decals - therefore the ***

http://www.minichamp...m=1&a=5&b=7&c=0

it's not possible to buy diecast cars with the original livery in europe - so Mini*** never sold the penske with marlboro-decals.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
That is an absolutely amazing collection of Indy cars. Some of them brought up quite a few memories, and even have me thinking about looking for some.
I have to agree, Jerry. Great collection and beautiful photos, Amarus. The Greg Moore photo and Reynard made me wistful as I saw the race live on TV and, when I saw the crash, knew immediately he was gone. He was going to be a great one...

#22 ·
thanks guys for the nice words - I'm glad not to be alone on earth with my weakness for this kind of diecasts!!

@Jersey_Devil: man, you're absolutly right - I also remember sitting in front of the tv unable to say just a word - I think Greg was one of most talented drivers in this time - unbelivable what spirit of driving this guy had.

@JerryLH3: yes - me too! it's an often used phrase, but the late 80ies to the late 90ties were really goog times at all - not only in motorsports!!

@markus: thanks!

@winstoncds: thanks, and greetings to india - although I live in austria my father comes from India - so I'm half indian, half austrian - nice to meet you!

#24 ·
@winstoncds: thanks, and greetings to india - although I live in austria my father comes from India - so I'm half indian, half austrian - nice to meet you!
I assumed your name is Amar and you would be Indian. Nice to meet you too. Really very rare to have Indians who are as crazy about Indy cars as you are. You would be one in a billion. :D

#23 ·
To be honest I am not a huge Indy fan, always prefered F1. However I have been tempted in the past to add a Penske Mercedes to the collection and regret not having done so in the past before prices shot up. I remember Greg Moores terrible accident and seeing the horrible footage on TV - terrible loss to the sport. Zanardi was also a favourite of mine. 'The pass' on the corkscrew at Laguna Seca is still mindblowing to this day. A true champion.

Great collection and commetary on each model, great work.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
To be honest I am not a huge Indy fan, always prefered F1
in my case it's the opposite way round. I was always interested in motorsports especially in f1 - I love the cars of the early 80ies when I was about 13/15 years. but in the 90ies the f1 was to boring and with the new (stupid) reglements like tiers with profile and 'micky-mouse-race-tracks' I turned to the american cart series - and I was infected by their way of racing - drivers like mario&michael andretti, the crazy-tracy, greg moore and alex zanardi are / were my idols - so it's a shame that there is no really championship right now and my last champcar grand prix is years ago (assen 2007).
I'll post my F1 collection after my indy-cars, so stay tuned - I think there will be a couple of cars you'll enjoy!

@winstoncds: yhea, I thought you'll do so - a second possibility is that amar>us< is the latin word for bitter - but thats not the way it seems to be!

your avatar is showing the Mercedes 300 SEL 6.3 'Red Pig' from Minichamps - a beautiful car!!!
Are there many diecast collectors in India - I know that might be a stupid question but I don't know anything about this special topic!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.