• Pip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:1/18 cars
    1/72 military jets
    1/400 airlines
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

i have to use a some converter to import my .xlsx file ?  
it doesn't accept .xlsx

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Ebbro, HPI, Spark

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

View Post118, on 16 May 2010 - 10:03 PM, said:

i have to use a some converter to import my .xlsx file ?  
it doesn't accept .xlsx
It only accepts .csv files. You can just choose 'Save As' and select .csv file format in Excel (or whatever program you are using).
-- Douglas

#28 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

Hi Doug,
I just loaded up my Excel files into DCDB.  It was easy and I'm glad to have the program!!!  Now to add photos!

Thanks for the software and your efforts that went into it!!!

Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#29 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

View PostDucati-900SS, on 17 May 2010 - 09:12 AM, said:

Hi Doug,
I just loaded up my Excel files into DCDB.  It was easy and I'm glad to have the program!!!  Now to add photos!

Thanks for the software and your efforts that went into it!!!

Sean
Sean - I'm happy to hear it's working out for you and you're welcome.   :bawling:
-- Douglas

#30 OFFLINE   Ivaylo

Ivaylo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Diecast cars, photography, graphic design
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AUTOart, GMP, Norev
  • Proud Citizen of:bg

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:43 AM

dbonser, thank you so much for the software you made! I've just downloaded it and will try it soon. This might be the answer to my prayers!   :bawling:

#31 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:49 AM

Sorry to say but I'm stopping work on this program - too many other higher-priority things going on in my life right now. I don't foresee resuming work on it in the future either. I've decided to use Bento to keep track of my collection since it already does everything my app did (maybe not exactly how I would like it) and I don't need to fix any more bugs.  :occasion14:

Anyway, if you've already downloaded it you can certainly continue to use it but note that there are still some bugs lurking in there that I didn't fix yet and there will be no fixes for them:
- model scale & competition results drop downs are not being sorted
- last image is not scrolling into view when adding image from a URL
- order of Smart Group criteria is not preservered across creation and editing
- removing an item from the wishlist and editing it causes it to return to the wishlist
- breakdowns do not display correctly when chosen field contains data with a ' character
- profit/loss value displays NaN if there is no purchace price
- profit/loss values are not always calculated correctly (for example 14.329876534 vs. 14.33)
- can't enter negative number for sale price

Edited by dbonser, 13 July 2010 - 09:49 AM.

-- Douglas

#32 OFFLINE   cerberus128128

cerberus128128

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 789 posts
  • Favorite Brands:exoto

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

is this mac compatable?
Posted Image

Sig courtsey of Georgewatson

#33 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

View Postcerberus128128, on 13 July 2010 - 11:11 AM, said:

is this mac compatable?
Yes, it was developed on a Mac but requires Adobe AIR to run. I'll leave the site up a few more days since I'm sure more folks will see this and be interested. I'll be taking the download page away over the weekend.
-- Douglas

#34 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

Hi Doug,
I use the program and love it.  Too bad to hear that you are no longer going to maintain it, but definately understand.  Thanks for giving us a great application!!!

Sean

Posted Image

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#35 OFFLINE   cerberus128128

cerberus128128

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

:omg: I LOVE IT!!!!!! CAN YOU MAKE A iPhone/ ipod touch app?
Posted Image

#36 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

View Postcerberus128128, on 13 July 2010 - 04:10 PM, said:

:omg: I LOVE IT!!!!!! CAN YOU MAKE A iPhone/ ipod touch app?
In theory I could have made an iPhone/iPod Touch app out of it before the whole Apple & HTML 5 vs. Adobe & Flash Player debacle a few months ago. Either way I don't have time to spend on this anymore. I've decided to use Bento instead (Mac only though) which does have an iOS version.
-- Douglas

#37 Guest_TOR35_*

Guest_TOR35_*

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

I just downloaded it and it's fantastic! I almost missed it and I would have hit myself in the head if you took away the downloads page before I got to discovering this thread. :)

#38 OFFLINE   cerberus128128

cerberus128128

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

View PostTOR35, on 13 July 2010 - 05:09 PM, said:

I just downloaded it and it's fantastic! I almost missed it and I would have hit myself in the head if you took away the downloads page before I got to discovering this thread. :)
+1
Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3,363 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

I really love this program too. Its a shame that future development has been shelved, but I'm still going to continue using it regardless.

Posted Image

#40 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm glad you find it useful so please keep using it!
-- Douglas

#41 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

Some good news - I've been working on the program again as the replacement I thought I had found just was not working the way I wanted and it was way too slow. So over the past few weeks I've been fixing more bugs and adding more features. Look for a new version sometime next month...
-- Douglas

#42 OFFLINE   JerryLH3

JerryLH3

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Cars, racing, racing cars, diecasts, travel, food
  • Favorite Brands:All of Them

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

Your work on this program has been impeccable.  I've enjoyed putting my cars in there and find it much more aesthetically appealing than an Excel Spreadsheet.  It's also more functional too with viewing options, pictures, etc.  You'll receive plenty of gratitude from me if you decide to keep updating it.

Edited by JerryLH3, 30 August 2010 - 06:18 PM.

Jerry

#43 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

I've ditched the Excel spreadsheets for your program.  It's great to hear you're working on it again.  I really like using it!!!

Sean

Posted Image

#44 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3,363 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

This is a perfect program for maintaining records for insurance again my collection. I have comprehensive coverage against the models and this database means that I can provide not only photographic evidence but also transactional evidence too. It is also alot of fun inputing all the detail. Keep up the good work.

Posted Image

#45 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

View PostJerryLH3, on 30 August 2010 - 06:18 PM, said:

Your work on this program has been impeccable.  I've enjoyed putting my cars in there and find it much more aesthetically appealing than an Excel Spreadsheet.  It's also more functional too with viewing options, pictures, etc.  You'll receive plenty of gratitude from me if you decide to keep updating it.

View PostDucati-900SS, on 02 September 2010 - 10:20 PM, said:

I've ditched the Excel spreadsheets for your program.  It's great to hear you're working on it again.  I really like using it!!!

Sean

View Postsimondc07, on 03 September 2010 - 12:18 AM, said:

This is a perfect program for maintaining records for insurance again my collection. I have comprehensive coverage against the models and this database means that I can provide not only photographic evidence but also transactional evidence too. It is also alot of fun inputing all the detail. Keep up the good work.
Thanks all! At one point I was wondering if anyone was even using it. By your comments, however, I can tell I have some satisfied users. I'm glad to hear it's been so useful and easy to use. Those were 2 of my goals in creating this so it looks like I'm meeting them.

Stay tuned...

Edited by dbonser, 03 September 2010 - 07:23 AM.

-- Douglas

#46 OFFLINE   mbc112

mbc112

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,916 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC,Norev
  • Proud Citizen of:be

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:14 AM

View Postdbonser, on 03 September 2010 - 07:23 AM, said:

Thanks all! At one point I was wondering if anyone was even using it. By your comments, however, I can tell I have some satisfied users. I'm glad to hear it's been so useful and easy to use. Those were 2 of my goals in creating this so it looks like I'm meeting them.

Stay tuned...
How could you ever doubt about that....
Gunther

Posted Image

#47 OFFLINE   jouris

jouris

• Restricted
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Sports
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, BBR (diecast), Frontiart (openable resin)
  • Proud Citizen of:ru

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:37 AM

Thank you for your program! It really helps to keep my collection list organized and looks much more better than a simple excel sheet. But what do you think about an opportunity for users to add their own columns? For me personally a column '#' is necessary. I want my collection to be sorted out not only by '1:1 manufacturer' but by the date of purchase.

Regards.
Yuri.

#48 OFFLINE   Derby

Derby

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 287 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Bburago, Maisto, AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:38 AM

View Postdbonser, on 16 May 2010 - 09:49 AM, said:

It's getting there Justin. I keep thinking of more features to add but I'm planning for one more release and then I'm considering it v1.0. At that point I'm not sure what I will do - do I offer it for sale, make it donation-ware, or just call it done and stop working on it? It does take a lot of my time and I'm not sure how feasible it is to try to sell something like this even though that's really what I would like to do.

If it's compatible/adaptable with tracking collections of any kind, not just diecasts, I'm sure there'd be a market for it.

#49 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

Version 0.3 is now available and includes a number of new features and lots of tweaks and bug fixes. You can download it from the main dcdb page or through the update mechanism within the program. The documentation has been updated as well.

Version 0.3 includes the following changes:

IMPORTANT
- due to the removal of the 'Pre-Ordered From' field:
     -- any existing values will be copied to the 'Purchased From' field if there is no existing 'Purchased From' value, otherwise the value will be lost
     -- it will be removed from any groups that contain the field; if this was the only field in the group the group will be changed to the default columns

- due to the removal of the 'Pre-Ordered Price' field:
     -- any existing values will be copied to the 'Purchased Price' field if there is no existing 'Purchased Price' value, otherwise the value will be lost
     -- it will be removed from any groups that contain the field; if this was the only field in the group the group will be changed to the default columns

- a minimum of 1024x768 screen resolution is now required
- previous dcdb export file fields will no longer be automatically mapped when importing. You will need to map the fields manually.

NEW FEATURES
- drill-down into Analyze window charts by double-clicking a chart element
- new 'Sold' & 'Current Collection' default groups
- added the ability to show sales information in Analyze window
- open an item's image folder
- clear list view sorting
- new 'Gift' sub-section in the item details 'History' section: date received & received from
- new 'Condition' section in item details: box, case, & model condition
- new 'Photographed' checkbox in the item details 'User' section

ENHANCEMENTS
- Analyze window money field breakdowns now treat items with no value for that field as 'NONE' instead of $0.00
- 'Wish List' checkbox in the item details 'History' section replaces existing Wish List functionality; removed Wish List specific menu items and buttons
- the 'All Items' default group has been changed to include 'Current Collection', 'Sold', & 'Wish List' items
- combined 'Pre-Ordered', 'Purchased', and 'Shipping' item details sections into 'Purchased' section; removed 'Pre-Ordered From' & 'Pre-Ordered Price' fields
- smart group window uses editable combo boxes for entry of list-based fields (i.e. Model Scale, Competition Results, etc.)
- renamed 'Sellers' to 'Purchased From' and 'Buyers' to 'Sold To' in list preferences
- blank date fields are no longer included in 'less than' comparisons in smart groups
- item list columns are resized to their default width when adding/removing columns
- better sorting of model catalog numbers in item list
- limits on horizontal divider movement in item list & item details
- export files now include field names

BUG FIXES
- Save button would be enabled when switching from Model Details to 1:1 Details during first editing/viewing of an item
- removing an item from the Wish List and then editing it would cause it to return to the Wish List
- Analyze window was limiting breakdowns to bottom 50 results instead of top 50 results
- Analyze window was not displaying breakdowns correctly if the chosen field contained data with a ' character
- Analyze window title was not being updated with group name
- month/year labels on analyze window bar charts were not being displayed properly
- expense averages were not being cleared when switching between analyze window charts
- model scale & competition results drop downs were not being sorted
- last image was not scrolling into view when adding an image from a URL
- Smart Group criteria order was not preservered across creation and editing
- profit/loss values were not being calculated correctly when there was no purchase price
- profit/loss values were not being rounded to 2 decimal places
- could not enter negative numbers in cost/price fields
- Import window Import File Fields table width would increase causing Field List to be hidden
- Item details combo box widths could increase causing them to display incorrectly
- Smart Group window combo box widths could increase causing them to display incorrectly
-- Douglas

#50 OFFLINE   cerberus128128

cerberus128128

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

thanks works great
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use