Buyers beware! Exoticar again...

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_veyron1_*

Guest_veyron1_*

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:07 AM

HI guys, I know this has been said before on this forum but i just like to remind people about buying from Exoticar.com/Hollywoodmodelcars.com, They are the biggest LAIRS,THIEVES & BULLSHIT ARTISTS around! i ordered a few models from them over 4 months ago and even spoke to the lady on the phone to assure me they had the models in stock, they charged my credit card and i waited, and waited and waited!!! nothing after 2 weeks so i rang again spoke to the same chick and guess what!!! they dont have the cars in stock anymore! thats cool just refund me my money i said, OK was the reply, so i waited and waited, well you get the idea and still nothing until a box arrived at my front door with a single model in it!!!! whats this for i thought as i cant remember ordering this model until i read the invoice, arrr its from exotic car or hollywood car whatever their name is now, but i didnt order this particular model from them i thought and anyway i wanted 4 models not 1! even the invoice said 4 items! i ring up speak to the same chick and she says "sorry about that, must have been an error! dont worry about sending it back as it will cost you more money just keep it and we will refund you your money" anyway long story short after numourous emails, phone calls etc i am still waiting 3 months later for this refund to happen!! moral of the story is DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE! Posted Image Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   tonyg54

tonyg54

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5,910 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:38 AM

very sorry to hear about your story, as you'll find out that alot of people on this site share a similar experience with them. How they stay in business is a mystery. always better to let your credit card company fight it out for you.

hope everything works out for you.

#3 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:1/18 diecast Ferrari Mustang Bugatti Audi BMW AM Porsche Ford GT40 Chaparral. History/World Affairs. Sci-Fi. Airshows, Auto Racing(IMSA, LM, ALMS, Indycar, F1)
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart-Maisto-Kyosho-Exoto-Mattel
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:53 AM

I know all too well. About 4 years ago I ordered the Autoart Steve McQueen 1967 Bullitt Mustang 1/18 from them. My order was confirmed and I waited a month before emailing them to get an order update. They told me they had to re-order and that AutoArt no longer had the Bullitt license for the special packaging. The car I would get would be the same but not the Bullitt packaging. Fine. Another month goes by, my credit card is charged which they're not supposed to do until they ship. Another email to find out the status. 'We're still waiting for our shipment'. I waited another 2 weeks then called them. 'It's been shipped'. Another month later I called to complain. At least I got a nice woman on the phone. She said there's one more left in the warehouse and she would ship it ASAP. I got it in two weeks. That's the first and last time I ever ordered from them. They had nice catalogues and the stores on their website made you drool but they have to be the worst run diecast company ever.
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you." - BATMAN BEGINS

#4 Guest_veyron1_*

Guest_veyron1_*

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

My credit card company has been informed and they are fighting it out for me, as it stands at the moment is that Exoticar wants me to send the model back, just to add the model they sent me is worth around $60 to $70 if that and get this, once they receive the car back they intend to refund me my money minus a 15% restocking fee!  :bawling: Now by my calculations that would cost me at least $50 in postage as im in Australia and then they take another $95US for restocking!! they are the ones that stuffed up by sending me a completely different model than what i ordered and now im the one thats paying for it, is this even legal! I just think a NORMAL every day store would do the descent thing, you know something like ok we do not have these particular models in stock but we will refund you YOUR MONEY, but these LYING SCUMBAGS want to play dirty and take the whole $600 odd for a single model worth nothing to me, im pretty sure once i send the car back they will say it wasnt the model that they sent me and try to prolong it for as long as they can and maybe hope i give up, so hopefully my CC company can sort this out for me and like i say and may other people, keep well away from these lying scumbags, i will keep you informed as to the outcome.   :occasion14:

#5 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

They are dishonest pieces of human shit and you can quote me on that. In December, 2008 we filled an order for someone named Sarah in Massachusetts. About a month later, we recieved a complaint that someone had filed with the BBB that was filled with a completely fabricated story about how we had sent them defective products and berated them on the phone. We were mystified and assumed the customer had listed the wrong company in their report til we noticed that in the contact information she listed her email address as vintagediecast@exoticar.com. Her name is Sarah Tullock Tedeschi. I don't know if she's one of the pieces of human shit that work for the company in LA or not but all I can say is that Veyron's assesment above is spot-on with so many other Exoticar stories.

BEWARE OF EXOTICAR!
Justin

#6 OFFLINE   1970Muscle

1970Muscle

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail / H61

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

does anyone have a phone number for them?i think they ran to california to get away from there enemies
--Dennis at your service--

#7 OFFLINE   mosteller

mosteller

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Interests:Primarily post -WWII and pre-1980 sports cars and road racing cars.
  • Favorite Brands:CMC

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

View Postveyron1, on 11 July 2010 - 06:07 AM, said:

HI guys, I know this has been said before on this forum but i just like to remind people about buying from Exoticar.com/Hollywoodmodelcars.com, They are the biggest LAIRS,THIEVES & BULLSHIT ARTISTS around!  moral of the story is DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE! Posted Image Posted Image

AMEN!!!
Bob
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition.

#8 Guest_veyron1_*

Guest_veyron1_*

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

Yes Sarah Tullock is the chicks name on the form but the model shops name is now called ALL ABOUT CARS-LLC! they must have a few alias id say maybe due to their VERY POOR CUSTOMER FOCUS. I just agree with everyone else here and im mystified in how these people are still in business! going by everyone else thats dealt with them they lie through their teeth, like i say they absolutely promised me that the cars where in stock and it turns out they wasnt!    :occasion14:

View Post1970Muscle, on 12 July 2010 - 11:37 AM, said:

does anyone have a phone number for them?i think they ran to california to get away from there enemies
the phone # is 3394991552 please do ring and give them some abuse, i have!

#9 OFFLINE   gt man

gt man

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:travel,gtp racing , lemans racing, F1,
  • Favorite Brands:auto Art , Exoto, Minichamps, Mattel f1
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:21 AM

we should add an area to the fourm where Buyer beware of bad vendor's along with a rating system by our fellow site members ,let's face it these models are not cheap anymore ,and we all want what we order. thanks for the heads up as well!

#10 OFFLINE   McLarenF1God

McLarenF1God

• DX Community
  • 33 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hello all,

I'm new to the premium diecast collecting scene. As I child I always wanted the Autoarts and UT models, but 50 bucks for a 10 year old was not cuttin' it when five Maistos could be had at Costco for 10 bucks a pop. Now that I have a great job, I can finally start putting down some money on said Autoart diecast, as well as my love for Kyosho.

I just bought a Kyosho Jota SVR from exoticar/hollywoodwhatever. I looked that website up and down before making my order and it seemed legit...but you guys are not making this sound like I will be recieving my Lambo anytime soon. I wish I'd have saw this thread prior to ordering. Not a good 2nd purchase I imagine.

My very first purchase was from DMWholesale and the model came fast and in perfect condition, minus a small ding on the corner of the box, but that's the risk you take when you order from somewhere that uses UPS. Nonetheless, I look forward to building my future collection with sites like these:

speednation.com
diecastmodelswholesale.com
diecastdirect.com
diecastcountry.com
scale18.com
collectablediecast.com
diecastbymail.com

Should I avoid any of these websites? Are there any quality sellers I am missing?

Thanks

#11 OFFLINE   118supercars

118supercars

• DX Moderator
  • Pip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Interests:Cars, photography, nature/outdoors.
  • Number of Models:60
  • Favorite Brands:none

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

View PostMcLarenF1God, on 16 July 2010 - 06:45 PM, said:

Hello all,

I'm new to the premium diecast collecting scene. As I child I always wanted the Autoarts and UT models, but 50 bucks for a 10 year old was not cuttin' it when five Maistos could be had at Costco for 10 bucks a pop. Now that I have a great job, I can finally start putting down some money on said Autoart diecast, as well as my love for Kyosho.

I just bought a Kyosho Jota SVR from exoticar/hollywoodwhatever. I looked that website up and down before making my order and it seemed legit...but you guys are not making this sound like I will be recieving my Lambo anytime soon. I wish I'd have saw this thread prior to ordering. Not a good 2nd purchase I imagine.

My very first purchase was from DMWholesale and the model came fast and in perfect condition, minus a small ding on the corner of the box, but that's the risk you take when you order from somewhere that uses UPS. Nonetheless, I look forward to building my future collection with sites like these:

speednation.com
diecastmodelswholesale.com
diecastdirect.com
diecastcountry.com
scale18.com
collectablediecast.com
diecastbymail.com

Should I avoid any of these websites? Are there any quality sellers I am missing?

Thanks

I would recommend avoiding DM Wholesale, I and a bunch of other collectors here have had nothing but bad experiences with them.  scale18.com and collectablediecast.com are both good retailers, they have an established reputation on DX.  Replicarz and DiecastFast (which have links at the top of the page) are both very dependable also.

Edited by 118supercars, 16 July 2010 - 08:16 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

Scale18.com is great!  Haven't used the others to my knowledge :)

#13 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

I can only recommend Scale18.

Don't know if you eBay or not, but there's some great sellers on there as well.

Exoticar sucks like no other day.

#14 OFFLINE   Kaiser Technica

Kaiser Technica

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 547 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Autoart (but they hurt me so), Maisto, Minichamps, R.I.P. UT Models

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

The only time I ever purchased from Exoticar was when there was an actual physical retail location on Park Avenue in NYC. The salespeople weren't the best, but it didn't matter so long as they had what I wanted. I'm glad I never bothered getting anything from them online.

#15 OFFLINE   McLarenF1God

McLarenF1God

• DX Community
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

As expected, the foreign dude that I am assuming operates Exoticar.com is giving me the run-around. I seriously, seriously wish I'd have not ordered from this guy five-minutes before I had discovered these forums. Everyone here seems to be on the same page with this company, and I'd have avoided it at all-costs had I known how dishonest this turd is. Check out the emails I've exchanged with Exoticar so far:

Keep in mind that after reading the horror stories here, I was expecting and prepared to get the worst possible customer service after having made the order. As expected, this guy is a total dirtbag:

Me: "Hi again,

I've yet to receive any information on whether or not my order has been shipped (#93887), as I've been billed already. I was told in a previous email the order was received July 13th and would be arriving in a week to week and a half. It is now the 30th and I wanted to make sure there weren't any problems, or if I need to make changes to the order if the item is not in stock.

Thanks again.
"

Exoticar: "there are no issues usps takes a bit thou lately"

Me: "Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a tracking number that I can look up to check on the whereabouts of the shipment? "

Exoticar: "everything is sent via USPS regular mail with no specific tracking"

No email or confirmation about shipment! No tracking!? You'd think this guy is dealing out of a hut via carrier pigeon.

I was purposely polite in tone with this guy because I was curious to see if I could manipulate his service by being ultra-specific and nice, but it's clear to see how deceitful and full of shit he is. Any advice on how to get the best outcome from this would be greatly appreciated. Even worse is the fact that my order was actually supposed to arrive July 13th at the very latest! And yet he's telling me it wasn't received until then. Moron. Based on what I've heard from others, I am kind of hoping I just get a straight up refund, or the wrong car, but one I planned on owning anyways and is worth equal to, or more than the one I ordered originally. Hell, maybe I'll get a car and a refund because their business is so shody.

#16 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

I would absolutely recommend that you begin chargeback proceedings right away because you are being lied to. Period.
Justin

#17 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:23 PM

Good luck with your credit card company! I too have been burned by Exoticar in the past.

#18 Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:46 AM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 02 August 2010 - 03:18 PM, said:

I would absolutely recommend that you begin chargeback proceedings right away because you are being lied to. Period.

Bingo!

#19 OFFLINE   Kaiser Technica

Kaiser Technica

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 547 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Autoart (but they hurt me so), Maisto, Minichamps, R.I.P. UT Models

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

The USPS shipment claim is all I'd need to know to go to my bank and have that reversed.

Currently, Paypal's USPS label printing system is not operating properly when redirected from Paypal directly, and even then, I can just as easily go to the USPS site, order the label and enter the tracking info into Paypal for the buyer of one of my models with no problem. What a load of crap. I hope it's resolved soon.

Edited by Kaiser Technica, 03 August 2010 - 09:52 AM.

#20 OFFLINE   Cuda Jeff

Cuda Jeff

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 9,646 posts
  • Interests:Movie & TV vehicles, Police cars
  • Favorite Brands:Hot Wheels Cult Classics
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:10 PM

View PostKaiser Technica, on 02 August 2010 - 12:45 PM, said:

The only time I ever purchased from Exoticar was when there was an actual physical retail location on Park Avenue in NYC. The salespeople weren't the best ...

I can totally relate to this and I confirm!

View PostKaiser Technica, on 02 August 2010 - 12:45 PM, said:

I'm glad I never bothered getting anything from them online.

Ditto!

I can't understand why they still exist!

**** Click my banner to see my entire 1/18 collection ****

**THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 380,000+ VIEWS**

Posted Image

#21 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3,381 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

Bunch of scamming BASTARDS. Being burnt once is enough. Avoid Exoticar like the plague.

On the bright side, at least you found a forum where you can speak your mind. There are plenty of honest dealers out there and plenty of jerks. If in doubt ask the question - there is a wealth of knowledge available in Diecast Exchange. Good luck and I hope it is resolved quickly.

Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   McLarenF1God

McLarenF1God

• DX Community
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

Hey all,

It's very clear he is ignoring my emails now, hasn't sent anything, said he would handle this on Monday, it's been nearly a month etc. As soon as I ran into this forum the day after I ordered from there I knew I was in a heap of trouble, so none of this really comes as a surprise.

Now I need some investigative help. For some reason I am unable to locate this business within the BBB's system. It would be insane that a business such as this is allowed to continue to operate when he has STOLEN hundreds if not thousands of dollars from people that were unable to resolve their issues with a CC company or payed with cash/check, and never received anything. From my understanding this is the location of the physical location:

http://maps.google.c...F-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I am not sure, as Exoticar went bankrupt and became something else that sucks just as much. I think someone named Peter T. is the owner. The phone number for It's All About Cars is the same as listed on exoticar.com's website except for the last digit, ending in 1552 or 1551. Definitely a MA area code. I just want to make sure I file this complaint correctly so that exoticar is properly listed with the Better Business Bureau, and hopefully get others (and you guys) to file their complaints within the same listing in the off chance that the BBB actually does contact this a-hole.

#23 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

Good for you to take the time to complain and get this reported to someone. Posted Image

First, as a retailer I can tell you that the BBB is a lame-duck organization. Retailers are not likely at all to even read BBB complaints that are sent to them and a complaint will likely not impact their bottom line at all. I would spend the time contacting their state Attorney General. If you really want action, they're the ones with clout and the ability to light a fire under these thieves. A simple, well-written report can be mailed or faxed to them. Be sure to include that you are part of a group that includes literally hundreds of others who have been stolen from.

Also, you did file a chargeback, correct?
Justin

#24 OFFLINE   McLarenF1God

McLarenF1God

• DX Community
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, I'll be getting my money back. Glad I used a credit card.

I am working out the details, and strongly considering going the extra mile with this. The question is, how reliable would this kind of report be in the eyes of the state.

#25 OFFLINE   McLarenF1God

McLarenF1God

• DX Community
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

By the way, when I was billed it was listed as North Hollywood CA. But all other indicators point to Massachusetts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use