Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

View PostMcLarenF1God, on 11 August 2010 - 01:50 PM, said:

Yeah, I'll be getting my money back. Glad I used a credit card.

I am working out the details, and strongly considering going the extra mile with this. The question is, how reliable would this kind of report be in the eyes of the state.

Very reliable. The State AG uses reports like this to determine who needs to be taken to task for ripping off consumers. I can assure you that Mass. has an open file on these dirtbags and your report will go right in it.

View PostMcLarenF1God, on 11 August 2010 - 02:13 PM, said:

By the way, when I was billed it was listed as North Hollywood CA. But all other indicators point to Massachusetts?

Word is they filed bankruptcy in Mass. and fled to Calif. under a new name.
Justin

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   McLarenF1God

McLarenF1God

• DX Community
  • 33 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

Probably in fear of being shutdown by the state of MA.

Here are the rest of the email transcriptions I've had with Exoticar from earlier this month. Keep in mind that the dispute is over with and this is purely for entertainment value. I know many of you have been ripped off by this company, and since I was able to manhandle him a bit, well...it just feels nice.

Me: It has been over 3 weeks since I placed my order (#93887). You billed me already, and it doesn' t appear anything has been shipped. If I don't receive anything this week I am canceling this order. Thanks.

Exoticar: please be advised we are closed for 2 days following a death in the family we will reopen shortly thank you

Me: That's convenient timing considering 2 days from now is the weekend. If on Monday I don't receive a shipment confirmation with a tracking # then I'd like you to just refund my money and not send me anything. It is approaching 1 month and there is nothing on its way. I've also been asking about other people's experiences with exoticar.com in the past. Your business does not have the greatest reputation when it comes to fulfilling orders and issuing refunds in a timely fashion. Needless to say, things don't look very promising, and since you already billed me about 3 weeks ago, you lost my trust well before August rolled around.

Exoticar: its not convienta at all considering it was a very unexpected death my buisness has been in buisness for 1 yr exoticar closed and we bought them out I will handle this monday

Me: It's Monday. I'd really appreciate it if you could refund my order (#93887) today. That is all.

He said he would handle this Monday right?

Me: It's still Monday. I'd really appreciate it if you could refund my order (#93887) before the year 2050.

Still nothing...

Me: This is the worst customer service I have ever had. Where is my refund. Thief.

As expected, still no response. By now I had already settled outside of Exoticar, but I acted as if I hadn't and sent this out.

Me: To Peter T of exoticar.com,

If you refund my order immediately then do not worry about the following, otherwise, it is in your best interest that you read this email in it's entirety.

"my buisness has been in buisness for 1 yr exoticar closed and we bought them out I will handle this monday"

It's Wednesday. How hard is it for you to refund someone who you took money from? There are two possible reasons this has happened:

1. You are a liar and a thief.

2. You don't care about your business longterm.

First, I am reporting you to the Better Business Bureau, and settling this with my credit card company. Next, I am in the process of building a written report that includes all of the evidence in dispute of this business, This report includes email logs, interviews with collectors that had similar experiences in the past, email documents containing orders that were never fulfilled, and other deceiving emails you have sent to myself and others, many of which go months back. I will be presenting this report to your state's Attorney General. I am informing the people that have had similar issues with this company in the past to provide me with more than enough information to show that this company is a scam. Just to be clear, I know some people you actually did mail something to (wrong item, wrong color, partial order) or give a refund to, but in some cases not for 6 months! Other times people were not able to get a refund, their order fulfilled, or were unable to settle with their credit company, and you simply stole their money. You rarely respond to emails, but when you do it's just a bunch of lies, excuses and misleading con-talk. You say you shipped something. That's a lie. You say there is no tracking number. That's a lie. You say it's in stock. Also a lie.

The number of complaints relating to Exoticar could reach the moon. Anyhow, if nothing comes of these reports, then you win.

But you're still a piece of s***.

And at 9 o' clock this morning, nearly 1 month later, I finally received a response.

Exoticar: sir I am refunding cancelling your order and also putting you on a don not accept orders list for all our vendors you are rude and threatening I have told you what happened have a little decency and care for someone who just lost thier father but I guess not kindly cease all contact thank you

Even if he had said this a week into this fiasco, I still would callin' my bank just in case. Haven't you all heard that line before. "You bad bad customar you hate threat me my family my and dog ban you for life byby forevere exoticar" He sure loves to ban collectors from using their service, which incidentally is like getting banned from a bare island surrounded by a vast sea of molten lava. Thank god. I read in an older thread on here about someone who had a standard issue exoticar experience, but had made the notion that such an experience was sort of like an initiation phase before you can become a true diecast collector. Never again.

Thanks for listening everyone.

#28 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

You definately got his attention!  Hopefully you will get your money back in short order - either from Exoticar (prefered) or from you credit card.  

Wonder who are his 'vendors' are?  I'd write him back and say:

Just curious of the names of your other vendors.  If they are associates of yours and share your same performance as a retailer, I'd never want to do business with them.  Do both of us a favor and share their names with me.

Would love to hear what he replies with!

Posted Image

Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#29 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

Exoticar doesn't have a friend in this business and you can take that to the bank. Everyone knows them and what they are about. They can hide behind new coporate entities, but it's still the same old people pulling the same old Posted Image and everyone knows it.
Justin

#30 OFFLINE   McLarenF1God

McLarenF1God

• DX Community
  • 33 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

It's unbelievable to me that this fiasco hasn't ended, but the owner of Exoticar is a complete gypsy moron. I hate this man.

This is his response to my BBB complaint:

We received the following response from the business to your complaint.
Problem adjusted: No
Date adjusted on: 08/17/2010
Type of adjustment: Full Adjustment
Clearly customer has an issue on a personal level with Exoticar. We however will supply facts and not slanderous remarks. Customer placed and order on 7/12/10 on 7/19/10 the emails began generally 2 a day. Mr Bauer was told that the car he ordered was a special order Jota that has been discontinued for quite some time and that we had located one over seas and that it would be sent to him at no additional cost ( we paid the shipping). During Mr Bauer many email rants he recieved an away message from our server. We had closed due to a death in the family. An error message all our customers got and understood, stating we would reopen in 1 week. Mr Bauer sent 5 additional emails stating how it was convient we closed, and doubting the validity of the family death, on a moral level something I find appauling. As soon as we reopened it was decided that we would no longer deal with customer threats or slander an lies and he was refunded immediately in full for his order and the shipment was tracked back to the sender. In this day an age it is hard enough to keep a company open let alone having to deal with lies. Be aware that customer WAS refunded in full and we will no longer take orders from him again. Customer please stop contacting us we have a buisness to run Thank you

I'd have left it at that, except that he also emailed me personally:

Mr Bauer

Please be advised that as we have told you again and again this is not Exoticar, Exoticar closed over a year ago. We bought the companies out and thier database and website, thusly thier emails. You have been clearly fully refunded as we intend to tell the BBB. We also will be forwarding them the emails regaurding how it was convient that the owners father passed, as you said. Be advised our lawyers have been contacted for this slanderous accusations and any further contact with you to our company regaurding Exoticar will be forwarded to them. As we said in the previous emails you have been removed from our Data base and no orders from you will ever be honored by ourselves or our affiliates. In this day and age it is hard enough to get a new company off the ground when you purchase a pre exisiting company that has clearly had issues, but threats an lies about us surely do not help. Nor on a personal level is suggestions that a death in the family (for which our stores were closed
from for 1 week accross the board) appreciated. Your money has been refunded and the BBB will be recieving our response and forwards shortly. Kindly as we asked before cease spreading lies about our company, we are NOT Exoticar. Thank you

Other than the fact that twenty of his words are underlined in red, it doesn't take more than a room temperature IQ to figure out that this guy isn't that great of a liar, and totally lacks the ability to effectively argue his point (of which there isn't one). Nonetheless, it was a Friday afternoon at work, and I had to work overtime this weekend when I read this. I was already feeling irritable, and promptly took my aggression out on him after reading his garbage:

Why are you still contacting me? Here goes,

I have just read your response to my complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I wasn't all that impressed or shocked by what I read, except for this:

"Mr Bauer was told that the car he ordered was a special order Jota that has been discontinued for quite some time and that we had located one over seas and that it would be sent to him at no additional cost (we paid the shipping)."

Isn't that quote by you a lie? Why yes, yes it is. I was NEVER told that by ANYONE. Nice try, Kim Jong Il. I'd have to have a shoe size IQ to fall for that. I would have been happy to wait for my order. I would have. It's not like I had already been waiting for over 30 days right? All I wanted was the product I payed for.When it became clear I was being scammed, and I had withstood enough of your incoherent babbling, I had no choice but to take formal action against you. The bottom line is there was never any indication that what I payed for was ever going to be sent. I heard nothing except lies about shipping numbers and lies about the status of my order. Hell, you broke your own company policy by billing me before you shipped anything. So, by making the claim that I have been spreading lies about your company, you must first understand this is a lie in and of itself. I can guarantee you couldn't provide one example where I have lied to you, which incidentally is a better guarantee the one your company can give to it's customers.

Ohh no! You mean I can't make a purchase from you anymore!? Really? Bummer. I was really looking forward to throwing my money into a pit of despair again. What makes you think I would ever want to make a purchase from you or any business practice relating to this company in the future? I would submit that anyone that is to avoid a monetary transaction with this company qualifies for a congratulatory medal. File that under smart consumer practice. Exoticar.com links to your site, therefore, you are related to Exoticar whether you like it or not. You probably bought your own bankrupt company and now Hollywood Model Cars is just as untrustworthy as ever. A simple Google search including your website URLs reveals how many people have been robbed by you in the (immediate-as-in-like-last-
week) past. As you know, it's not just me that has a problem with this company, it's been hundreds of people. Many people of which I have made contact with. I could have taken this further, but I got my refund and let it go. I sought justice and I got justice buddy. I know for a fact that others won't be so lucky. As I said before, I had put together a package for your attorney general. It's slightly incomplete, but I am officially letting all of this go. Keep in mind however, if I come across, or hear of just ONE more issue relating to Hollywood Model Cars then I will contact your state's attorney general. I don't have time for this, but you gotta' stop ripping people off.

Now take your shady make-believe lawyers and kindly shut the f*** up.

His reply:

also sir the justice you sought was given to you by us in the form of a refund before you did anything with the BBB so clearly we were trying to help a irate customer from day one but as I have said we have MANY other customers that are sane and simply cant be bothered any further with your rantings nor will we as a corperation (also if you knew anything about web design you would know when you buy a company you get the website thus the linkings and emails) stoop to your childish levels, as we have been told we are handling things far better then you again prooving our case to everyone. We actually have had a few people call in support of uf after your BBB rant so it actually has helped us alot buisnesswise. In closing have a nice life sir and kindly leave us alone this is borderline stalking

I was completely done at this point, after having briefly skimmed over the response above, and chose not to reply because it's a pile of literary junk with no meaning or purpose. I received another email from him anyways:

also we have advised your credit card company that your charge back is yet another of your lies since we already refunded, they were able to look that up as well prooving yet again that there is one person telling repeated falsehoods YOU. Sir I assure just keep up the lies and threats it is simply proving our case more

I couldn't help myself so I quickly replied again:

I am already aware of that. After I had waited long enough I filed a complaint with the BBB, then I called my bank and filed a chargeback, all the while I had already contacted you repeatedly asking for a refund. You lost my trust after you billed me 30 days before anything happened with my order. I wanted to triple-insure that I got my stolen money back and I took every step necessary to do so.

That should be the end of it. I successfully rattled him a bit right? I can only hope so. He tried to return the favor, but failed miserably because his 3rd world GED is about as valuable as the soil in Chernobyl.

#31 OFFLINE   Monster

Monster

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

These sellers are absolutely pathetic. I would have told him his father's 'death'is deserved for passing his genetics onto someone like him.

#32 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:22 AM

Yep, that is Exoticar alright! They're cheap charlatans who think that moving from one coast to another and changing business names will mean they can keep right on stealing from people.
Justin

#33 Guest_testa422_*

Guest_testa422_*

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:06 AM

View PostMonster, on 29 August 2010 - 08:24 PM, said:

These sellers are absolutely pathetic. I would have told him his father's 'death'is deserved for passing his genetics onto someone like him.
hahaha  that is classic.........anyways, I hope it all gets resolved for you

#34 OFFLINE   speedy

speedy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, AutoArt, UT, MR
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

what a bunch of ****'s i will never buy from them,

you should ask for proof of his fathers death by way of the death certificate, & say that if they comply you will retract your comments.

#35 ONLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Cars and music
  • Favorite Brands:Bang, M4, Ixo, Spark
  • Proud Citizen of: br

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:18 AM

Wow...some people are really ****ed these days... Kudos to you for standing up for yourself and putting this horrible company in its place. The dam guy can't even spell, you can tell he is bullshitting as well. I now have a new life goal. Blow up exoticar...well, save the models first, THEN blow up exoticar...  :occasion14:

#36 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

View Postsennagts, on 05 September 2010 - 06:18 AM, said:

Wow...some people are really ****ed these days... Kudos to you for standing up for yourself and putting this horrible company in its place. The dam guy can't even spell, you can tell he is bullshitting as well. I now have a new life goal. Blow up exoticar...well, save the models first, THEN blow up exoticar... :gaah:

Let's do it. We'll need a large van, a crew of at least four, and an escape route straight for the border.  http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/rock.gif

#37 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Cars and music
  • Favorite Brands:Bang, M4, Ixo, Spark
  • Proud Citizen of: br

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

Me and you in the crew so far.

Im pretty sure McLarenF1God will be included.

We will need to setup a poll to find our last member maybe.

Justin can hook us up with a nice van, and I have a mate and science teacher who love making explosives.

I think we got this.

#38 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:1/18 diecast Ferrari Mustang Bugatti Audi BMW AM Porsche Ford GT40 Chaparral. History/World Affairs. Sci-Fi. Airshows, Auto Racing(IMSA, LM, ALMS, Indycar, F1)
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart-Maisto-Kyosho-Exoto-Mattel
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

Shortly after my experience with Exotica several years ago I sent them a written letter complain about the treatment they put me through and that the only person I don't hold in contempt is the girl on the phone who actually went out the wharehouse and found the last AUTOart Bullitt Mustang on the shelf and promptly mailed it to me. I got a message on my answering machine from the own or manager to call him back to straighten the matter out. I didn't bother. They continued to send me catalogues and I thing email news. So I decided to try them once more and placed an order. My credit card was promptly rejected so I can only assume that I too was put on a blocked sales list. They had such nice stores on the Net and nice catalogues. Too bad they turn out to be a shit outfit.
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you." - BATMAN BEGINS

#39 Guest_Exoticarhater_*

Guest_Exoticarhater_*

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:54 AM

Wow funny where a Goggle search will lead you.

I had this guy as a client years ago- I did a lot of the work on those catalogs.

This was when Peter was riding high- with four or five stores and a yellow Ferrari 360.

In my 30 years of dealing with clients I have NEVER met anyone as rude, obnoxious, ignorant and arrogant as Peter Tedeschi. in fact- he was SUCH a tool that almost a decade later i keep googling him to hope something horrible has happened to him. Bankruptcy is a good start.

The DAY I turned over all of our work product to Peter for one of the catalogs he told me our work was crap. I already knew what a dick he was so I went STRAIGHT to our attorney and we filed suit that very day. This was before the entire rest of the world was chasing him, so we got paid.

So just add one more voice to the hatefest for this miserable excuse for a human being.

Edited by Exoticarhater, 16 September 2010 - 11:55 AM.

#40 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:1/18 diecast Ferrari Mustang Bugatti Audi BMW AM Porsche Ford GT40 Chaparral. History/World Affairs. Sci-Fi. Airshows, Auto Racing(IMSA, LM, ALMS, Indycar, F1)

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

View PostBiblitect, on 11 September 2010 - 08:57 AM, said:

Let's do it. We'll need a large van, a crew of at least four, and an escape route straight for the border. http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/rock.gif

I know this is all said in jest but you should be careful what you post on the internet in these times, especially when you look at the date that you posted this statement.
"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you." - BATMAN BEGINS

#41 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

View PostJJZ109er, on 16 September 2010 - 12:22 PM, said:

I know this is all said in jest but you should be careful what you post on the internet in these times, especially when you look at the date that you posted this statement.
Thanks for the humble reminder, Friend. You're definitely right about that. And, yes, this was meant as a jest. I was thinking more along the lines of espionage, "Danny Ocean style," when I originally posted.

Edited by Biblitect, 16 September 2010 - 02:18 PM.

#42 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

View PostBiblitect, on 16 September 2010 - 02:12 PM, said:

Thanks for the humble reminder, Friend. You're definitely right about that. And, yes, this was meant as a jest.

We're all in this together, the US and Canada.

Indecently, your 'call-sign', Biblitect, that's similar to the French word for library, bibliotheque. Does it have another meaning related to the bible or the shootings last year(?) at the Virginia Institute of Technology?

Edited by JJZ109er, 16 September 2010 - 02:22 PM.

#43 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

View PostJJZ109er, on 16 September 2010 - 02:20 PM, said:

We're all in this together, the US and Canada.

Indecently, your 'call-sign', Biblitect, that's similar to the French word for library, bibliotheque. Does it have another meaning related to the bible or the shootings last year(?) at the Virginia Institute of Technology?

My username is a wordplay, which combines Bible and architect. It has absolutely nothing to do with any shootings at VIT...

Did you intend to use the word "indecently?" Or did you intend to use "incidentally" instead?

in·de·cent  (Posted Imagen-dPosted ImagePosted ImagesPosted Imagent)
adj.

1. Offensive to good taste; unseemly.

2. Offensive to public moral values; immodest. See Synonyms at improper.

Edited by Biblitect, 16 September 2010 - 02:29 PM.

#44 OFFLINE   JJZ109er

JJZ109er

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

View PostBiblitect, on 16 September 2010 - 02:29 PM, said:

My username is a wordplay, which combines Bible and architect. It has absolutely nothing to do with any shootings at VIT...

Did you intend to use the word "indecently?" Or did you intend to use "incidentally" instead?

in·de·cent (Posted Imagen-dPosted ImagePosted ImagesPosted Imagent)

adj.

1. Offensive to good taste; unseemly.

2. Offensive to public moral values; immodest. See Synonyms at improper.

Sorry, I did mean incedently. Time for a new keyboard.

#45 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

View PostJJZ109er, on 16 September 2010 - 02:32 PM, said:

Sorry, I did mean incedently. Time for a new keyboard.
Haha! You had me worried there... I was beginning to think that it was time for me to create a new username because this one had some hidden meaning that even I wasn't aware of. Posted Image

Edited by Biblitect, 16 September 2010 - 02:36 PM.

#46 OFFLINE   mosteller

mosteller

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Interests:Primarily post -WWII and pre-1980 sports cars and road racing cars.
  • Favorite Brands:CMC

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

As a past victem of Exoticar, does anyone know how I can get onto their "banned" list? I don't want to accidentally place an order with whatever name they are using now!

Also, McLarenF1God, thanks for all your work in rattling this guys can; he's a liar and thief and the die-cast world would be a much better place without those of his kind.

Edited by mosteller, 16 September 2010 - 04:39 PM.

Bob
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition.

#47 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

Glad to hear that you finally got your money back!  What an ordeal to go through.  Good on ya for sticking to your guns!!!  

Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#48 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

View PostExoticarhater, on 16 September 2010 - 11:54 AM, said:

I had this guy as a client years ago- I did a lot of the work on those catalogs.

This was when Peter was riding high- with four or five stores and a yellow Ferrari 360.

In my 30 years of dealing with clients I have NEVER met anyone as rude, obnoxious, ignorant and arrogant as Peter Tedeschi. in fact- he was SUCH a tool that almost a decade later i keep googling him to hope something horrible has happened to him. Bankruptcy is a good start.

The DAY I turned over all of our work product to Peter for one of the catalogs he told me our work was crap. I already knew what a dick he was so I went STRAIGHT to our attorney and we filed suit that very day. This was before the entire rest of the world was chasing him, so we got paid.

So just add one more voice to the hatefest for this miserable excuse for a human being.

Very, very interesting! If I had seen this post a year or so ago, I'd be very interested in speaking with you as his wife wasted alot of time and attention on stealing an order she placed with our company and then filing a fictitious complaint with the BBB that was a lie from beginning to end. I was shocked at how full of hate this woman was and mystified at what her motivation was. Now I'm convinced that she put two-and-two together and realized I owned both DX and DCF and felt that her time was well-spent attempting to slander me. Only problem was, other than the diecast cars she stole from me, the BBB report went right in the trash and all follow-up letters from them went unanswered. The bottom line? She wasted alot of time for nothing cause I never responded.

So does assholiness just run in the family? Do these people now reside in LA or did they really sell the business to a new entity?
Justin

#49 Guest_skoles_*

Guest_skoles_*

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

View PostExoticarhater, on 16 September 2010 - 11:54 AM, said:

Ha. I do the same thing on occasion for this place.

I was their in house freelance designer a few years back for only a year (02-03 I think). Took photos of the models and put together the catalogue and other ads as well as update the site. Actually enjoyed what I was doing because I love cars & diecasts but holy christ was that man a spaz and overall asshole.

You guys have no idea how corrupt that place was behind the scenes. They would intentionally send people the wrong item just to buy time when they didn't have it after promising. One time they were gluing together a $1,300 F1 licensed kit because it was damaged in shipping AND SOLD IT ANYWAY. I worked directly with Peter in designing the ads and he would forget....FORGET, he had a quarterly catalogue due in 2 weeks. So it was constantly a scramble and mess. I especially loved when he would take a 2 week vacation and not pay me before doing so. They even pulled one of their many relocations w/out telling the few people working there. He was going to just shutter the doors and they'd show up the next day to no job (when it was based in Avon, MA).

They actually still owe me for $400 in work I did for them. Part of which was upgrading their design computer. When I wasn't paid I walked in and removed the HD and told him when he's ready to pay me for what I did I'll install the drive I was never paid to install. Peter freaked out and called the cops telling them I "stole" the HD when he knew it was just sitting on his desk. I actually left to go home and he chased me down in his car while screaming at me (almost in tears mind you) on his phone. He's a very wormy looking guy and sounds like a whiney bitch which I assume some of you envision. When I turned around to talk to the cops he pulled me aside and said he doesn't like how this place is run and knows I'm probably in the right. But I'd have to go to small claims to get my money and in the meantime reinstall the drive. Mark, I think his name was Mark (biiiiiiiiig fat guy) kept saying he wants to press charges. Cops goes "Ok, sure. I gotta respond to another call first then I'll come back." and never did. :rofl:

I'm glad that place is falling apart. Sounds like his wife (who he cheats on and got a coworker pregnant) got sucked into the daily running of the company. He practically bankrupted them when he bought an F40 with the companies money.

#50 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

Wow, there could be a TV show on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use