#51 OFFLINE   Monster

Monster

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

Ok there are so many questions and issues. First of all, how come this guy still hasn't been locked up yet? How can he actually make enough money to survive for this long? How the hell can he get a wife? How the f**k can he convince someone else to sleep with him?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#52 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

View PostMonster, on 28 September 2010 - 09:13 AM, said:

Ok there are so many questions and issues. First of all, how come this guy still hasn't been locked up yet? How can he actually make enough money to survive for this long? How the hell can he get a wife? How the f**k can he convince someone else to sleep with him?

One word: Ferrari
Justin

#53 OFFLINE   Thorst13

Thorst13

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2,864 posts
  • Interests:.
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit, HWE.
  • Proud Citizen of:no

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:39 AM

Wow....
Posted Image

#54 OFFLINE   McLarenF1God

McLarenF1God

• DX Community
  • 33 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

Wish I'd have had this revealing information when I was in the thick of it.

If only a very large group of us lived near him. I can guarantee this guy would have his work cut out if we all showed up one day and took verbal dumps all over his business. I know it's wrong to wish ill things upon someone, but I have come up with a handful of resentful events that I hope take place during Peter Tedeschi's pathetic life:

1. A transient walks by and keys his car with a broken whiskey bottle.

2. A transient walks by and takes a dump on his windshield.

3. A flatbed truck carrying pallets of paint thinner tips over onto his Ferrari.

4. His wife divorces him, takes everything from him, and all he is left with is a used Civic.

5. A prison sentence relating to embezzlement/laundering/price fixing. (Seriously, there is no way this guy currently runs a purely legal business).

6. Peter trips on his way into a bathroom, falls into a one of those toilet wormholes (hate those darn things) that transports him into 17th century England where he is declared a fugitive witch and put on trial.

In all seriousness, and as a a 3d designer myself, I can only imagine what it would be like to freelance for this guy. You have truly shed light on what goes on behind closed doors. His world of shifty emails and dirty tricks, purposeful shipment of damaged or incorrect products (or both at the same time), and blatant theft of thousands of dollars from customers. Isn't it time this guy lost his right to own/run a business? I'd bet if he sold a different genre of products, goods that are well known in the public eye, this would be a different story. But Diecast he can get away with. We are a minority. We buy adult toys from brands that at the very most, produce only a few thousand in number.

I hate him so much you guys.

#55 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Isn't Google a wonderful thing!  LOL!  Welcome to our forum,  Skoles!  Thanks for sharing your experiences with the company.  Hopefully more internet searches will lead potiential customers this way.

Posted Image

Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#56 OFFLINE   McLarenF1God

McLarenF1God

• DX Community
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

View PostDucati-900SS, on 29 September 2010 - 05:26 PM, said:

Isn't Google a wonderful thing! LOL! Welcome to our forum, Skoles! Thanks for sharing your experiences with the company. Hopefully more internet searches will lead potiential customers this way.

Posted Image

Sean

I've done the same thing and there are so, so many negative experiences people have had with Exoticar, going back at least five years from what I can tell. If this guy has the cash to buy a Ferrari (let alone an F40) from owning a small diecast business, chances are he's doing something illegal. Tax evasion or something along those lines. I'm sorry, but the cost to own and operate an F40 is staggering. I find it hard to believe he makes his money honestly, that is, outside of stealing from us. I suppose it's possible he runs a lottery/deli or some other janky themed business like that, and he's just sucking in a vast income...

#57 OFFLINE   sennagts

sennagts

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 682 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Cars and music
  • Favorite Brands:Ixo, Spark, BBR and Tecnomodel
  • Proud Citizen of:br

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

Seriously, how is he not in jail?   :tongue4:

#58 OFFLINE   Kavinsky

Kavinsky

• DX Community
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:11 AM

I have had an experience with these guys. About 2 years ago we ordered 2 models from them, a kyosho lamborghini miura in green and a red hotwheels ferrari daytona, only the daytona showed up and there was no word about any sort of a refund for the miura and they had the nerve to send us a few more catalogs afterwards.

#59 Guest_SaraHynes_*

Guest_SaraHynes_*

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:49 AM

View Postmosteller, on 16 September 2010 - 04:34 PM, said:

As a past victem of Exoticar, does anyone know how I can get onto their "banned" list? I don't want to accidentally place an order with whatever name they are using now!

Also, McLarenF1God, thanks for all your work in rattling this guys can; he's a liar and thief and the die-cast world would be a much better place without those of his kind.

its all about cars hanover mass

#60 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

View PostSaraHynes, on 11 January 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

View Postmosteller, on 16 September 2010 - 04:34 PM, said:

As a past victem of Exoticar, does anyone know how I can get onto their "banned" list? I don't want to accidentally place an order with whatever name they are using now!

Also, McLarenF1God, thanks for all your work in rattling this guys can; he's a liar and thief and the die-cast world would be a much better place without those of his kind.

its all about cars hanover mass

Do you have some insight on Exoticar? Care to explain?
Justin

#61 OFFLINE   Kavinsky

Kavinsky

• DX Community
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

There shop is here somewhere in mass according to the catalog I had, hell I oughta go over there one of these days and check the place out and see if my miura is still in the computer.

#62 Guest_SaraHynes_*

Guest_SaraHynes_*

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

its in the hanover mall i believe. i know that peter has now moved to a mansion in cohasset. he is clearly hiding from someone. let me know if you want to know anything else.

#63 Guest_FC80_*

Guest_FC80_*

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

View Postskoles, on 28 September 2010 - 08:49 AM, said:

Ha. I do the same thing on occasion for this place.

I was their in house freelance designer a few years back for only a year (02-03 I think). Took photos of the models and put together the catalogue and other ads as well as update the site. Actually enjoyed what I was doing because I love cars & diecasts but holy christ was that man a spaz and overall asshole.

You guys have no idea how corrupt that place was behind the scenes. They would intentionally send people the wrong item just to buy time when they didn't have it after promising. One time they were gluing together a $1,300 F1 licensed kit because it was damaged in shipping AND SOLD IT ANYWAY. I worked directly with Peter in designing the ads and he would forget....FORGET, he had a quarterly catalogue due in 2 weeks. So it was constantly a scramble and mess. I especially loved when he would take a 2 week vacation and not pay me before doing so. They even pulled one of their many relocations w/out telling the few people working there. He was going to just shutter the doors and they'd show up the next day to no job (when it was based in Avon, MA).

They actually still owe me for $400 in work I did for them. Part of which was upgrading their design computer. When I wasn't paid I walked in and removed the HD and told him when he's ready to pay me for what I did I'll install the drive I was never paid to install. Peter freaked out and called the cops telling them I "stole" the HD when he knew it was just sitting on his desk. I actually left to go home and he chased me down in his car while screaming at me (almost in tears mind you) on his phone. He's a very wormy looking guy and sounds like a whiney bitch which I assume some of you envision. When I turned around to talk to the cops he pulled me aside and said he doesn't like how this place is run and knows I'm probably in the right. But I'd have to go to small claims to get my money and in the meantime reinstall the drive. Mark, I think his name was Mark (biiiiiiiiig fat guy) kept saying he wants to press charges. Cops goes "Ok, sure. I gotta respond to another call first then I'll come back." and never did. :rofl:

I'm glad that place is falling apart. Sounds like his wife (who he cheats on and got a coworker pregnant) got sucked into the daily running of the company. He practically bankrupted them when he bought an F40 with the companies money.

We may have met at some point. I worked with Exoticar for a while and can't believe the guy is still around. Here is a little more info that I learned dealing with them.

- Sarah is his wife and, as far as I can tell, as much a part of the problem as Peter. Or at very least knew all that he was doing

- Peter hired dumb girls to keep people off the phones asking about models. In otherwords, once a customer started asking specifics about a certain diecast, dumb girl answers "dunno, credit card number please"

- allegedly took a lot of people deposits on new releases at trade shows, and kept it. No models ever sent. I heard a number of times pissed off customers were planning to sue, but never heard the outcome.

As far as I could ever tell, the guy hated his customers and never ever wanted to talk to them. I've got a number of stories dealing with them and might post them if I remember (been a few years). Oh yea..found this forum by chance. so hello!

#64 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:23 AM

Wow, amazing how many of these former Exoticar workers/ people contracted by Exoticar make it onto this forum. I, too, have had negative experiences with them.

#65 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,910 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

Having retailers like this is not good for the hobby.  We need as any retailers out there to stay afloat and provide good customer service - for the health of the hobby.  The harder it is to get the models we passionate about only leads to the hobby disolving.  Now that may be a little extreme, but imagine that if you had to go through the same kind of hell every time you bought a model that those who had issuses with Exoticar did.  I tell ya, I'd really be questioning my stay in the hobby.

Our saving grace are those stores (or should I say online retailers as brick and motar shops are all but a thing of the past) that continue to cater to the needs of the collector and provide outstanding customer service.  EBay has it's share of stores that are more concerned with moving product than caring for their customers.  Bad on them too!

Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#66 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

I hope this thread helps steer as many people as possible away from Exoticar but from what I understand, they sold the business to themselves and drove West til they hit water. They're now operating out of LA the last I heard.
Justin

#67 OFFLINE   bater68

bater68

• DX Community
  • 9 posts
  • Favorite Brands:gmp, exoto

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

all that has been written about Exoticar is true and then some.  I live in Massachusetts where they have had their retail locations over the years.  They are just as inept when you deal with them in person.  It's sad. I began collecting back in 1994 and bought my first diecast from Exoticar.  They had a large warehouse/showroom.  They seemed to have a good thing going.  Then several years later they began moving their facility to smaller, lesser places....hidden office parks, small strip malls.  Their showrooms were dumps, with broken models, trash and debris on the floor.....and funny enough...the sound of their one customer service person arguing with unhappy customers on the phone.  Most recently, they have changed their name to Hollywood Model Gallery......I'm sure as a result of the horrible reputation they earned as Exoticar.  Last week I was looking at their website.  They now show a new phone # and address....Hanover Ma. in the Hanover Mall.  Decided to take a chance and drive over to check it out.....guess what?  Doesn't exist!  Confused, I called the phone # listed on their website....phone rings and rings and no one picks up.....not even a voicemail.  I would strongly urge anyone thinking of dealing with them not to.....ever!

As far as recouping anything from them financialy if you've been stiffed.......sadly, I'd say your out of luck.

#68 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

Are these guys still sending catalogs out?
Justin

#69 OFFLINE   MinneCarFreak

MinneCarFreak

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 687 posts
  • Favorite Brands:I don't have one.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

they are, by way of DuPont Registry. I have been seent 4 or 5 "free issues" of DPR, and each one includes a HMG "phamplet". I wonder if they're working with DPR. Some of the "exotic car dealers" in that magazine don't exist. :( Do you remember 8887 Exotics? I tried to go there, and it didn't exist. At all. Same with "South Coast Motorcars", which was apparently a exquisite Ferrari dealer.

#70 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:54 PM

View PostMinneCarFreak, on 28 March 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

they are, by way of DuPont Registry. I have been seent 4 or 5 "free issues" of DPR, and each one includes a HMG "phamplet". I wonder if they're working with DPR. Some of the "exotic car dealers" in that magazine don't exist. :( Do you remember 8887 Exotics? I tried to go there, and it didn't exist. At all. Same with "South Coast Motorcars", which was apparently a exquisite Ferrari dealer.

Really?!? I used to subscribe to that magazine just because I liked looking at the cars... didn't realize that it contained bogus dealers! Haha! Posted Image

#71 OFFLINE   tonyg54

tonyg54

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5,910 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, Minichamps

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:11 PM

View Postbater68, on 27 March 2011 - 07:08 PM, said:

all that has been written about Exoticar is true and then some.  I live in Massachusetts where they have had their retail locations over the years.  They are just as inept when you deal with them in person.  It's sad. I began collecting back in 1994 and bought my first diecast from Exoticar.  They had a large warehouse/showroom.  They seemed to have a good thing going.  Then several years later they began moving their facility to smaller, lesser places....hidden office parks, small strip malls.  Their showrooms were dumps, with broken models, trash and debris on the floor.....and funny enough...the sound of their one customer service person arguing with unhappy customers on the phone.  Most recently, they have changed their name to Hollywood Model Gallery......I'm sure as a result of the horrible reputation they earned as Exoticar.  Last week I was looking at their website.  They now show a new phone # and address....Hanover Ma. in the Hanover Mall.  Decided to take a chance and drive over to check it out.....guess what?  Doesn't exist!  Confused, I called the phone # listed on their website....phone rings and rings and no one picks up.....not even a voicemail.  I would strongly urge anyone thinking of dealing with them not to.....ever!

As far as recouping anything from them financialy if you've been stiffed.......sadly, I'd say your out of luck.

I remember back in '99 I was on a business trip and went to their Avon, MA location. I was filled with excitement due to their high quality catalogs with pages and pages of the most desirable models on the planet. I was certain that I'd be like Charlie entering the chocolate factory...

Needless to say, their "HQ" was a concrete warehouse in a barren industrial park. Their "showroom" was a 20x10 front office stocked with mostly 43rds and a few 1/18's. I asked to see the real stock and they wouldn't let me back in the "showroom" aka the dock. I left with a 1/43rd Art Ferrari California but couldn't find anything else to buy. I was sooo disappointed.

#72 OFFLINE   MinneCarFreak

MinneCarFreak

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 687 posts
  • Favorite Brands:I don't have one.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

Yeah.. DPR has really stooped low. The content sucks; it's not as interesting as it used to be. No more unique and honest-to-goodness nice cars. Mostly just rich John Does trying to sell megadollar "street rods" and "G-Machine" muscle cars, and the occasional donk or high ryder. There's the exotics, still, but its mostly cookie-cutter stuff. :(

#73 Guest_SaraHynes_*

Guest_SaraHynes_*

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

View Postveyron1, on 12 July 2010 - 05:45 PM, said:

Yes Sarah Tullock is the chicks name on the form but the model shops name is now called ALL ABOUT CARS-LLC! they must have a few alias id say maybe due to their VERY POOR CUSTOMER FOCUS. I just agree with everyone else here and im mystified in how these people are still in business! going by everyone else thats dealt with them they lie through their teeth, like i say they absolutely promised me that the cars where in stock and it turns out they wasnt!    :lamende:

View Post1970Muscle, on 12 July 2010 - 11:37 AM, said:

does anyone have a phone number for them?i think they ran to california to get away from there enemies
the phone # is 3394991552 please do ring and give them some abuse, i have!
Hi i find this very funny because of how people think that they ran off to california to save face! they didnt. Peter Tedeschi lives in cohasset near the beach im pretty sure on jerusalem rd. he had my husband do some work with him not too long ago. they should have ran i think we all wish they did but they didnt. he lives in a mansion. which is proof he needs to scam people because his shitty car store wouldnt rack in that large ammount of money to afford the house they are in. He is relocating AGAIN in the hanover mall and renaming his store IPlay. It isnt even a full car store now its full of childrens toys. I just hope peter burns =) Just saying....

#74 Guest_SaraHynes_*

Guest_SaraHynes_*

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:37 AM

View Postveyron1, on 12 July 2010 - 05:45 PM, said:

Yes Sarah Tullock is the chicks name on the form but the model shops name is now called ALL ABOUT CARS-LLC! they must have a few alias id say maybe due to their VERY POOR CUSTOMER FOCUS. I just agree with everyone else here and im mystified in how these people are still in business! going by everyone else thats dealt with them they lie through their teeth, like i say they absolutely promised me that the cars where in stock and it turns out they wasnt!    :lamende:

View Post1970Muscle, on 12 July 2010 - 11:37 AM, said:

does anyone have a phone number for them?i think they ran to california to get away from there enemies
the phone # is 3394991552 please do ring and give them some abuse, i have!
Their number is 1 781 383 0280

Edited by SaraHynes, 07 April 2011 - 08:24 AM.

#75 Guest_SaraHynes_*

Guest_SaraHynes_*

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

wow

Edited by SaraHynes, 07 April 2011 - 08:24 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use