Jump to content


What Did You Buy Today?


  • Please log in to reply
31590 replies to this topic

#31501 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,011 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Danbury, CT
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing Pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:117 (with one on the way)
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:09 AM

Thanks, my friend :occasion14:- that was what I am hoping for. I'm pretty good at digging up bargains and a whiz at last-second sniping on eBay so I have faith that it will happen at an acceptable price point (though I'm not dreaming that a CMC version will fall in my lap for $200 USD - LOL!). And it's important that DX'ers share their positive and negative experiences if it helps other members.

Things might have been different if I had made the buy back when the racing versions of this Kyosho 250 GTO was going for under $140 USD, but can't waste time on what-might-have-beens...

Edited by Jersey_Devil, 06 January 2017 - 10:10 AM.

I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#31502 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 928 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostJersey_Devil, on 06 January 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Thanks, my friend :occasion14:- that was what I am hoping for. I'm pretty good at digging up bargains and a whiz at last-second sniping on eBay so I have faith that it will happen at an acceptable price point (though I'm not dreaming that a CMC version will fall in my lap for $200 USD - LOL!). And it's important that DX'ers share their positive and negative experiences if it helps other members.

Things might have been different if I had made the buy back when the racing versions of this Kyosho 250 GTO was going for under $140 USD, but can't waste time on what-might-have-beens...
Would you consider making a reduced offer on the GTO to the seller who you were dealing with?
I think I would - these very nice Kyosho GTO models are really decent considering the prices, and then there's the issue of disappearing availability.
Incidentally, Car Model in Italy still have some of them in race trim, and have 10% off until Sunday.
Correction - two choices left, one at €160 - just under twice what I paid for the same model from them 6 months ago.....

Edited by slartibartfast229, 06 January 2017 - 10:19 AM.


#31503 OFFLINE   Ozz

Ozz

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 389 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Motor City
  • Interests:Hockey, Mustangs, cars, heavy metal, and heavy weights!
  • Favorite Brands:GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

Sucky situation since you wanted to accept it anyway, BUT from a seller's standpoint he would have just been opening himself up to get slaughtered with bad feedback, Paypal chargebacks, etc. from a buyer if they were "that kind of person" (even after agreeing to receive the item).

Unfortunately I have been in that situation, where something broke or seemed to magically gain an imperfection after the sale was completed. Being shocked upon final inspection before packing the item, I've emailed folks to let them know. 9 times out of 10 they're OK with it and all is well, but there's always the chance you stand to lose out on time, money, stress, from a buyer who approves of photos you sent them of flaws, then decides to throw a fit anyway. I'd blame people like that more than the seller who is most likely just trying to not further complicate things and risk losing money by being forced to pay to return the item and give a refund, etc. It happens, sadly. I truly do feel bad when things like this happen, and it's happened to me as well as a buyer. So I can understand the feeling the buyer probably has, hopes of getting their item and then - uh oh - there's a problem. It sucks.

If I were him I'd be re-listing it showcasing the flaws and definitely making it BLATANTLY OBVIOUS, and even perhaps at a lower price. Or with allowing offers so a lower price could possibly be bargained. Cover your azz, as they say.
My 1:1: Mustang showcar

Daily driver: '16 Cadillac ATS-V sedan

#31504 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,011 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Danbury, CT
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing Pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:117 (with one on the way)
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

View Postslartibartfast229, on 06 January 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

Would you consider making a reduced offer on the GTO to the seller who you were dealing with?
I think I would - these very nice Kyosho GTO models are really decent considering the prices, and then there's the issue of disappearing availability.
Incidentally, Car Model in Italy still have some of them in race trim, and have 10% off until Sunday.
Correction - two choices left, one at €160 - just under twice what I paid for the same model from them 6 months ago.....

Thanks for the heads-up, slarti :occasion14: (love that name! It always brings to mind the late, great Douglas Adams). I checked as soon as I saw your post but with shipping to the U.S. it's a bit too rich for my cheap blood. As for making a counter-offer, I prefer to have intact models rather than have to DIY to bring them up to snuff and have faith I can get a close-to-MIB version if I'm as patient as I usually am. It does force me to commit to finally getting my eyeglass prescription updated (two years out-of-date and, as I noted, I found it difficult to read some of the print on Loosecars.com)!

View PostOzz, on 06 January 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Sucky situation since you wanted to accept it anyway, BUT from a seller's standpoint he would have just been opening himself up to get slaughtered with bad feedback, Paypal chargebacks, etc. from a buyer if they were "that kind of person" (even after agreeing to receive the item).

Unfortunately I have been in that situation, where something broke or seemed to magically gain an imperfection after the sale was completed. Being shocked upon final inspection before packing the item, I've emailed folks to let them know. 9 times out of 10 they're OK with it and all is well, but there's always the chance you stand to lose out on time, money, stress, from a buyer who approves of photos you sent them of flaws, then decides to throw a fit anyway. I'd blame people like that more than the seller who is most likely just trying to not further complicate things and risk losing money by being forced to pay to return the item and give a refund, etc. It happens, sadly. I truly do feel bad when things like this happen, and it's happened to me as well as a buyer. So I can understand the feeling the buyer probably has, hopes of getting their item and then - uh oh - there's a problem. It sucks.

If I were him I'd be re-listing it showcasing the flaws and definitely making it BLATANTLY OBVIOUS, and even perhaps at a lower price. Or with allowing offers so a lower price could possibly be bargained. Cover your azz, as they say.

Ozz, I understand your point and as an occasional eBay seller have been fortunate that no one has tried to scam me that way. But, as DX'ers who have bought from me already know, I am obsessive about itemizing every detail about my offered inventory as well as over-packing them before shipping to diminish the possibility of anything short of being run over by a truck causing damage en route to my buyers. Consequently it would be difficult for someone to prove damage occurred 97% of the time and I would be comfortable standing my ground in most cases.

Your final points that I highlighted :10:  are really the logical approaches that he should have taken all along to prevent misunderstandings.

Edited by Jersey_Devil, 06 January 2017 - 11:28 AM.

I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

#31505 OFFLINE   shim

shim

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ukraine, Odessa
  • Favorite Brands:autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: ua

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

I love the way the Jade green NUR Spec GTR looks, but the crazy price of 1/18 Autoart model does not afford me to have one, so I made a side step from my usual 1/18's to 1/43 HPI model and I'm in impatience to receive it

seller's pic

Attached File  20120713002217690.jpg   62.02K   0 downloads

#31506 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ljubljana
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: si

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

Just came home with those two

1:18 HPI Alfa Romeo 155DTM
Posted Image

And
1:18 Autoart BMW 3.0CSL
Posted Image

Both brand new condition.. I was amazed with BMW.. The box is like new

#31507 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,011 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Danbury, CT
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing Pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:117 (with one on the way)
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:22 PM

Lovin' that Beemer, audirs6! I've been circling around those Batmobiles for some time. Just trying to find the right price and condition, like you just did :eusa_clap:...
I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

#31508 OFFLINE   b-ry89

b-ry89

    Senior Member

  • DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5,640 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington D.C.
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Movies, Paranormal, UFO, Photography.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, GT Spirits, Norev, Hotwheels Elite (Ferrari)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:06 PM

View Postironsim, on 01 January 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

Congrats on all  those models b-ry89! I have 2 of those in the same colors too :nice:

Thank you :occasion14:
Brian's Recent Haul(s):

1/18 AUTOart Jaguar XK-RS
1/18 AUTOart Lexus LS600H-L
1/18 GT Spirits Porsche 911 (993) RWB
1/18 Kyosho Lamborghini Aventador SV
1/18 Minichamps Audi TT
1/18 Norev Mercedes-Benz S-Klasse
1/18 GT Spirits Ford Focus RS

#31509 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 928 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:28 PM

View PostJersey_Devil, on 06 January 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Lovin' that Beemer, audirs6! I've been circling around those Batmobiles for some time. Just trying to find the right price and condition, like you just did :eusa_clap:...
I also lust after the BMW CSL.
As a matter of interest, did AutoArt produce any other versions of the car?
I am thinking of the colourful Jagermeister version, driven at least once during the year by none other than James Hunt!
Perhaps they  would consider an alternative race event for the works cars such as the #12 winner of the Nurburgring touring car 'GP'.
The cars were also run with little or no bodywork changes by private teams in 1974 - including a nice looking blue Gitanes sponsored car.

#31510 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4,993 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

Got a R32 V-Spec II, a R33 V-Spec and 2 greenlight 4 post lifts :)

Posted Image

#31511 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

    Senior Member

  • DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,951 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:44 PM

Nice picks. I want those two Skylines myself.
Wes

#31512 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4,993 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

View PostStratosWRC, on 07 January 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Nice picks. I want those two Skylines myself.
Thank you, I wanted a R32 and R33 for a long time, just didnt know which versions but I like those 2, the R33 is one of the matte black cars I like, cause matte black doesnt look great on every cars!

#31513 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

    Senior Member

  • DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,951 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
  • Number of Models:86
  • Favorite Brands:CMC and Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

View Postironsim, on 07 January 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostStratosWRC, on 07 January 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Nice picks. I want those two Skylines myself.
Thank you, I wanted a R32 and R33 for a long time, just didnt know which versions but I like those 2, the R33 is one of the matte black cars I like, cause matte black doesnt look great on every cars!

This is very true. It actually looks nice on the R33. Although I'd call it more satin black than matte.
Wes

#31514 OFFLINE   finalcut747

finalcut747

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Thousand Oaks, CA
  • Interests:Cars, photography, design, and philosophy.
  • Number of Models:94
  • Favorite Brands:UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:14 AM

Posted Image
Offered $60, but got counteroffered $70 for it. A model I forgot I wanted for a long while.
www.modelcitizendiecast.com for all my best photos.

#31515 OFFLINE   Vitzrsx

Vitzrsx

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 286 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, Welly, HPI, IG
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image
I received this GTS 930 RWB Blue ducktail almost a week ago at a unramped price without duties :]
Check out my collection:
http://www.diecastxc...sv-dec-24-2015/

#31516 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

    Administrator

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

^ Nice one, great colour!

Posted Image



Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE


#31517 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,011 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Danbury, CT
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing Pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:117 (with one on the way)
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

View Postslartibartfast229, on 07 January 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

I also lust after the BMW CSL.
As a matter of interest, did AutoArt produce any other versions of the car?
I am thinking of the colourful Jagermeister version, driven at least once during the year by none other than James Hunt!
Perhaps they  would consider an alternative race event for the works cars such as the #12 winner of the Nurburgring touring car 'GP'.
The cars were also run with little or no bodywork changes by private teams in 1974 - including a nice looking blue Gitanes sponsored car.

AUTOart has many variations of the CSL, both street and road. Diecast.org's historical website (which is far from complete, but still a useful starting point for indentifying older models) shows several that you might like:

http://www.diecast.o...acturer=AutoArt

I found this 3.5 CSL on eBay by searching for "1/18 BMW CSL":

Posted Image
I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

#31518 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

    Die-cast Happy Clappy!

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milford Haven
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

^Oh man, you grabbed yourelf a beauty there Red :10:  I've never seen a batmobile in GREEN livery before - and boy it suits it well IMO.. :drool5:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image


#31519 OFFLINE   Johan

Johan

    Junior Member

  • DX Community
  • 59 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark
  • Favorite Brands:Ottomobile, Autoart, Minichamps, Norev, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: dk

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:21 PM

That green CSL is Minichamps. They will soon re-release a #12 car with almost identical livery. As far as I know Autoart only made the above CSL #11 car as well as a #10 car (winner) which I own myself. All others were unfortunately never released. I would love if they made them, but Minichamps has done many CSI/CSL versions, so I doubt it will happen.

Edited by Johan, 08 January 2017 - 04:25 PM.


#31520 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,011 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Danbury, CT
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing Pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:117 (with one on the way)
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

Sadly, that's not mine, Eddy - just posted it as an example to slarti, and an incorrect one as well since it is not AUTOart as he asked. Sorry, slarti, got carried away with my CSL search; the dumb thing is that I knew it was Minichamps and just forgot what you asked! Thanks for the correction, Johan :occasion14:! But the link to diecast.org I posted DOES list AUTOart CSLs that were released.

Senior moment...  :rolleyes:

Edited by Jersey_Devil, 08 January 2017 - 04:41 PM.

I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

#31521 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

    Die-cast Happy Clappy!

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,955 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milford Haven
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

View PostJersey_Devil, on 08 January 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Senior moment...  :rolleyes:

Know just what you mean ole Buddy...  :rolleyes:    Still it was an education for me! :yahoo:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image


#31522 OFFLINE   Johan

Johan

    Junior Member

  • DX Community
  • 59 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denmark
  • Favorite Brands:Ottomobile, Autoart, Minichamps, Norev, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: dk

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:36 AM

View PostJersey_Devil, on 08 January 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

But the link to diecast.org I posted DOES list AUTOart CSLs that were released.

Yes, the #10 and #11 car (and of course the newer M3 CSL). But none of the other :smile: In addition there is the E9 CSI.

#31523 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,011 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Danbury, CT
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing Pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:117 (with one on the way)
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:49 PM

This probably looks like about four of my other posts in this thread, but after being out-bid at the last second on one seller's auction, I immediately scrolled down to a "Make-An-Offer" for a version that looked in better shape and got an immediate acceptance for $25 less than the winning bid on the one I lost!

This is the Dan Gurney/Bob Bondurant Cobra Daytona Coupe that won the GT class at Le Mans in 1964, the one I've been after for a long time - only two more to go (both also driven by Gurney) and my Cobra Coupe wish list is complete (seller's pic):

Posted Image

And I just remembered I have eBay Bucks to apply to lower my cost even more :yahoo:!

Edited by Jersey_Devil, 09 January 2017 - 01:54 PM.

I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

#31524 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

    Bronze Member

  • DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,478 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Good Old Blighty.
  • Interests:Family. Diecast. LFC. Movies. Top Gear UK.
  • Favorite Brands:If its a Porsche... It'll do me!!
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:05 PM

Congrats to you my fellow birthday buddy. Always sweet when we score models for less than we had tried on others.

Which one still eludes you Red? I'll keep my eyes open for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.


My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#31525 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,011 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Danbury, CT
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing Pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:117 (with one on the way)
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

Actually, I discovered that I overlooked one, because it's so rare, so there are two I'm looking for: the 1964 #15 that Gurney and Bondurant drove to DNF during the Reims 12-Hour and the "new" one, the #9 in which Gurney and Jerry Grant dropped out of the 1965 Le Mans 24-Hours.

I appreciate the help, my friend - just only point me to bargains because as much as I want them, I am NOT paying remotely near the going rates for either one since I already have so many Daytona Coupes and they are not historically significant. I got this #5 - which IS noteworthy in racing history - at far below the standard price and I'm willing to wait - a LONG time to get these :nice:.
I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300




2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


    M15rko




©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use