DiecastXchange Forum banner
169K views 389 replies 46 participants last post by  RoSSi_The_GOAT 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi All

Great Forum!

I've spent a lot of time reading and looking at the awesome collections !

I'm a big Rossi fan & collect Minichamps bikes so here are some of my bikes and Figurines :)

------------------

Foreground : 2001 Mugello Dirty & clean with the corner attacking figures
Background: 2004 Test bike & 2004 sitting figure

Left: 2007 Stoner Ducati
Right: 2006 Rossi Ducati Test

From Left : Agusta F4 Tamburini , 07 Stoner , 06 Rossi test , 04 Haga Koji

I've got a few Diecast Cars and will post some pictures of them too.

Cheers :)

See less See more
#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Tamiya MasterWorks are real good bikes !

From afar the Tamiya Master-works look much better than the Minichamps.

Personally though I prefer the heavy feeling Minichamps have due to higher metallic parts hence only collect a few chosen Tamiya bikes.

I will post some pics of the WITS bikes which might be of interest to the forum :)

#7 ·
Fabulous bikes Rossi-the-Goat!! Thanks for the pictures

I'm not familiar with the bigger scales (you might know my Minichamps are strictly 1:18!) but from the way these look I'm thinking I might get myself a couple!

#10 ·
Tamiya MasterWorks vs Minichamps - Part2

Rossi's 2003 Valencia Austin Powers Livery & Kato's 2003 Honda

First Up the Tamiya

Next the Minichamps

As you can see both are really beautiful replicas but the Tamiya bike lengths are a bit longer.

They also differ on the colour depths and finishes.

Sometimes the Tamiya finishes are better and other times Minichamps wins.

Guess the ones who win both ways are the Collectors ;)

Cheers

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Tamiya MasterWorks vs Minichamps - Part3

First The Tamiya 1/12 MasterWorks Bikes:

From Left: '03 Biaggi, D'Antin Ducati Pramac GP4, '03 Kato & '03 Rossi

From Left: '03 Rossi, '03 Biaggi, D'Antin Ducati Pramac GP4, & '03 Kato

From Left: '03 Biaggi, D'Antin Ducati Pramac GP4, '03 Kato , '06 Nakano & '03 Rossi

From Left: '06 Nakano and '03 Kato

The Minichamps 1/12 Bikes:

Another great Minichamps bike ... Valentino Rossi's 2004 Carbon Test M1:

So for me it's an even match between the 2 companies ... but What do you think ? :)

Thanks for looking and look forward for your feedback !

I will post some more pics of other Minichamps models and figurines too :)

Cheers

#103 ·
Another great Minichamps bike ... Valentino Rossi's 2004 Carbon Test M1:

So for me it's an even match between the 2 companies ... but What do you think ? :)

Thanks for looking and look forward for your feedback !

I will post some more pics of other Minichamps models and figurines too :)

Cheers
Great collection, but these are mt favorite.

#13 ·
Cool collection of bikes! They all look great!!!

Sean

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Minichamps 1/12 Bike & 1/12 Figurines

Left: 2007 Casey Stoner Philip Island Win Bike & Figure Combo
Middle: 2006 Valentino Rossi Ducati Test (Phillip Island) Bike & Figure Combo
Right: 2004 Noriyuki Haga Ducati WSBK Brands Hatch Koji Livery & 2006 Rossi Ducati Test Figure

Left: 2007 Valentino Rossi Assen Livery Bike & Figure Combo
Right: 2002 Valentino Rossi 1st MotoGP Win with Repsol Honda Bike & Figure combo

Left: 2001 Valentino Rossi Mugello Livery 1st release (clean) Bike & matching Figure
Right : 2004 Valentino Rossi M1 Carbon Fibre Testbike & 2004 Figure

Left: 2004 Valentino Rossi M1 Carbon Fibre Testbike & 2004 Figure x 2
Right : 2001 Valentino Rossi Mugello Livery 1st release (clean) Bike & 2nd release (dirty) Bike with matching Figures

Foreground : 2001 Mugello Dirty & Clean bikes with matching figures
Background: 2004 Test bike & 2004 sitting figure

#17 ·
Ha Ha RTG - you must be psychic!!
EXCELLENT!!

However would you have any comments to add on my previous post??

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks mairandeddy

And Yes I do have some figures too - haha I was just posting them when you asked the question !

Quite the co-incidence or is it ? ;)

For sure the bikes are great but pairing them with Figurines is much more satisfying.
Once you get a few the remaining bikes look naked ;)

Sadly I dont have any 1:18 bikes nor figurines :(

I liked your pictures in POTM & the DX Motorcycle Forum too so this might change ;)

Thanks again for your positive comments and I'll be posting more pictures soon !

Cheers mate,

RTG

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Valentino Rossi's M1s from 2007 , 2008 & 2009.

All are Minichamps 1/12 releases.

Left: Rossi 2008 M1
Right: Rossi 2009 M1

Left: 2007 Yamaha M1
Middle: 2008 Yamaha M1
Right: 2009 Yamaha M1

Minichamps have updated the nose, fairings and tail end of the bike.

Quite nice to see the changes to the livery and sponsors.

A group shot of Rossi's 2007, 2008 & 2009 FIAT M1s with matching figure releases from Minichamps

Left: 2007 M1 with the Jerez "Lap of Honour" figure - Ltd Ed 7046 pcs.
Middle: 2008 M1 with Rossi & Nieto figures from the Le Mans race.
Right: 2009 Yamaha M1

Cheers

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Awesome collection! I love watching MotoGP (and SBK too). Of course, I love Formula 1,
but I find motorcycle racing is much, much more eventful and exciting, as there's
way more overtaking and the winner can be determined at the last corner.
Thanks for sharing. I wish I had some of these, but you know how it is...
if you get started with it or get into it... it's never ending.
Congrats on such a great collection.
Keep'em coming! :)

#22 ·
Hi mmc

Thanks for your comments , I've followed your collection and have to applaud your Chrome Bugatti !

Awesome piece of Work !

You are definitely right , I started watching F1 first and in the early 2000's the MotoGP races used to be telecast after F1 - I watched one race and have not missed too many since ;)

I'm currently also working on getting the Full Races from the early years as I only recorded them from 2004/5.

The last few races with their "Battles" got me a bit nostalgic =D

I will definitely keep the uploads going :)

Cheers All

#23 ·
Thanks for posting the comparo pix! I would say the minichamps bikes have higher side fairings than the tamiya but i don't know for certain which one is accurate to the 1:1 bikes!

Man, your 2 2004 carbon test bikes make me drool! I am still looking to find one in a more reasonable price.

I am a big time Rossi fan too! One day I'll take photos of my Rossi bikes. I can't wait for the 2011 season when Rossi race for Ducati and beat Lorenzo's tail!
I also hope he can find the straight away speed he was looking for that his M1 didn't provide.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
No worries twenty3. Happy to share :)

It is a close match between the 2 brands, I dont have many similar liveries to compare but yes sometimes the Minichamps seem more accurate and other times Tamya have the missing decals on the Minichamps!

I have to say though - The Tamiya MasterWork Bikes are a bit difficult to come by!!

I searched many stores online & offline for the Daijiro Kato Memorial Edition Bike - The only difference is the helmet you see in my earlier Kato dedicated post.

The Tamiya bikes are not that cheaper compared to Minichamps and they are made of mainly plastic with Die-Cast wheels.

Thus on display they look great but when you pick them up they are very light compared to Minichamps.

Thanks and I fully agree - the '04 carbon bike is a Beautiful Bike.

I will also post some more Carbon bikes so hope you enjoy them too :)

Look forward to your seeing your Bikes too mate !

2011 will be really interesting indeed - Rossi-JB & Ducati will put a strong package and there are more top riders on good bikes so it'll be a full-on scrap!!

Cheers,

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Guys

Here's a recent release Rossi 1/12 Figure from Minichamps:

Left: Rossi 2009 M1
Right: Rossi 2008 M1
Centre: Rossi 2005 M1 with the 2005 Sepang Figure Ltd Ed release of only 2400 pcs .

The 2005 Sepang figures is quite Interesting as they have not removed " Gauloises" logo as done before with the previous 2005 "GO!!!!!!!" releases.

It also has "worn" knee sliders

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
To change the Theme a little bit ....

Here's Ayrton Senna's Lotus 97T which brought him his First F1 Win in Portugal 1985.

The 1:12 Scale Model has been fitted out with the Full JPS Livery as used in the race.

The Rain Tyres on this Car look phenomenal !

Being a Bike person I will of course have to pair Aryton's car with the MV Agusta F4-1000 Senna 2006 release ;)

The 1:12 bike scale model is also by Minichamps.

#33 · (Edited by Moderator)
Valentino Rossi 2006 Ducati Test Livery

Here are some more pictures of Rossi's rumoured test for Ducati back in 2006 at the Phillip Island circuit.

Some Background for Non-MotoGP readers:

After testing the Ducati , Rossi declined to be the Ducati MotoGP ride for the same reasons as he had done with Honda in 2004.

He wanted to prove he is the best rider purely on his talent, not because he had the best bike.

Whilst Ducati did win the 2007 Championship - Rossi won back the MotoGP Championship back for Yamaha in 2008 & 2009.

Lorenzo won it for them this year , but , we would never know how the season would have finished IF Rossi & Pedrosa were not injured.

And now Onto the Conversions

Both Bike & Figurines are 1/12 Scale Minichamps models which have been converted to Ducati Livery.

Cheers

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
A few Rossi Rarities

The very ltd ed Valentino Rossi Barcelona Minichamps release of 650 pcs:

This release is in the Chequered flag box of Minichamps as below :

The above model also has the 123 xxxx numbering used by Minichamps for special one-off releases like the 2004 Haga Koji ,2004 WDW Capirossi & 2009 Nicky Hayden Laguna Seca Releases.

I'll post more on the difference of this Ltd Edition release and the later General (but still Ltd) release done by Minichamps

Left: '08 Ltd Ed Barcelona bike + Barcelona Grid figurine (conversion)
Middle: '04 Koji bike with '06 Rossi Ducati figurine
Right: '06 Rossi Ducati test bike & figurine.

Left: 2008 Ltd Ed Barcelona Release
Right: 2007 IRTA Test Livery

The Barcelona bike is an awesome tribute to the Great Race Rossi rode

He qualified 9th on the Grid , then dropped to 12th in the first lap but rode hard to finish in 2nd !

The Barcelona Bike is more special for me as it is signed by Rossi in his home town of Tavullia :)

From Left - 08 Barcelona (Signed by Rossi) , '07 IRTA Test Livery , '04 Haga Koji Livery & '07 Rossi Valencia Paddock bike

Left: '06 Ducati Test , '07 Valencia Paddock , '08 Barcelona & '07 IRTA Test bike with Slicks.

Left: 2007 Rossi Valencia Paddock Bike
Right: 2007 IRTA Test bike with Slicks:

The "Cartoon" bike was a special One-off Livery which was supposed to ridden in Valencia during the Free Practise & the parades.

But according to the news articles at the time there was some disagreement and Rossi didn't end up riding it.
It just sat there next to the trailer.

This release is also a bit strange as usually Minichamps dont make a LOT of Test bikes etc so do this one just for the Livery is unusual but it was a release of only 3999 pieces so I am glad to have this one :)

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.