Which do you care least for?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

Poll: Which do you care least for? (187 member(s) have cast votes)

Which category of cars do you have the least amount of interest in?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Exact Detail

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

Which category of cars do you have the least amount of interest in? While there may be other categories, we won't have an Other choice. Just select one of the poll choices. Posted Image

Justin

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   el docum

el docum

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,638 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: ca
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:All nice models

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

I suggest to add "Race Car" in your choice, for me F1 and Nascar die casts are not interesting.

#3 OFFLINE   mox

mox

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

Even there's several there that I don't like, it was still an easy decision - SUVs.

John
Posted Image
DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Driving an automatic and thinking you're a skilled driver is like playing Guitar Hero and thinking you can play guitar.

Serious collectors don't buy budget models? Hahahaha...that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

#4 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

View Postel docum, on 28 November 2010 - 08:07 PM, said:

I suggest to add "Race Car" in your choice, for me F1 and Nascar die casts are not interesting.

Done!

I had to go with the ricers. Not sure I could dislike them any more than I already do. Posted Image

Justin

#5 ONLINE   giamino

giamino

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,720 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: my
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:kyosho, maisto, bbr

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

Easy.....SUVs. Lol.

#6 OFFLINE   Florin

Florin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps, Kyosho

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

Lol, SUVs are taking a beating... Gotta love that gold colored Lexus RX300   :wavetowel2:
But...but...but the Chinese labor rates!

#7 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5,497 posts
  • Interests:1/18 scale die cast, collecting and customizing.
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Racers

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

Just like Sarah Lee deserts, nobody doesn't like RACERS!    :lol:

:10:

Thanks for the multiple choice option, now not only do ricers have a no vote, euro-trash does too!    :wavetowel2:

Edited by ibj40, 28 November 2010 - 09:37 PM.

Jim

Crowded Elevator smell differently to Blind Midget.

#8 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Proud Citizen of: au
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Exoto, CMC, GMP

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

SUVs for me - though that could change if a decent LM002, or Techart / Gemballa Cayenne is released.

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

Silver Member

• DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,920 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

Wish we could vote for multiples!   :wavetowel2: So, ricer get my vote!

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

#10 Guest_mac47_*

Guest_mac47_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

I agree, allow votes for multiples. If a voter has zero interest in three categories, it isn't accurate to say he has the least interest in any single one.

#11 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 17,852 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: gb
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho,GMP

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

SUVs represent 1% of my collection - thanks to an AUTOart Pajero SWB and Range Rover...  :wavetowel2:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

#12 ONLINE   Beetle_Guy

Beetle_Guy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,359 posts
  • Interests:Cars (obviously), airplanes, science, Metallica and AC/DC
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Whoever makes what I want.

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hmm. I've got models I love in every one of those categories.   :10:

I like older Japanese tuners (Trueno, KPGC-10 and -110 Skylines, Datsun 240Z) but have zero interest in the new wing'd and vinyl'd madness. Drifting is only a sport when you use it in rally.   :wavetowel2:

I'm picky with muscle cars; and I have about as many as I'd ever care to buy. The future may hold an El Camino; but the Chevelle is one of my least favorite cars of all time.

Race cars are probably of least interest to me, then (given the options). If I like the car, I'd rather find it without a livery; but my Pink Pig and liveried rally cars are some of my favorites. 911s in race colors rarely elicit even a half-hearted "meh" from me.

Having recently sold my Sunstar '56 Lincoln; my least favorite category ever would be '50s American Iron.
Posted Image
Joe

#13 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

View Postmac47, on 28 November 2010 - 08:51 PM, said:

I agree, allow votes for multiples. If a voter has zero interest in three categories, it isn't accurate to say he has the least interest in any single one.

Okay, done! If you want to revote, just delete your vote and try again.

Personally, the only ones I have virtually zero interest in are tuners and luxury cars. I like Land Rovers and Mercedes G-Class SUVs in diecast.

Justin

#14 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 8,810 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

Are we talking 1:1 or in scale?

Either way, I'd have to say that Ricers are my least favorite.  

Sean

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#15 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

View PostDucati-900SS, on 28 November 2010 - 09:23 PM, said:

Are we talking 1:1 or in scale?

Either way, I'd have to say that Ricers are my least favorite.  

Sean

I think we're talking diecast only, right?

Justin

#16 Guest_mac47_*

Guest_mac47_*

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

Great! Now I was able to spread the (lack of love) around. Voted against Muscle, Ricers, SUVs, and Luxury -- zero interest in any of them, except insofar as there might be neat touches of the modeler's craft on them.

I own a 1:18 1948 Chrysler Town & Country because my grandfather had a few of the 1:1s. Not really a muscle car, though the straight-8 was powerful for its day. Need a category for pre-1960 American iron?

#17 OFFLINE   El Cheapo

El Cheapo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach. But not really.
  • Proud Citizen of: nz
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Biante, Classic Carlectables

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

As I've said elsewhere, all road cars period dón't really hold too much interest to me. A model of some characterless, storyless car rarely makes it into my collection. But that's my 0.02   :10:  So I voted against all but racers   :wavetowel2: If I had to wittle it down though, Luxo barges and SUV's would be the least interesting.

Though there will always be models in each sector which interest me.
Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 8,810 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for the clarification, Justin!  Either way, Ricers are at the bottom of my diecast totem pole!

View Postmac47, on 28 November 2010 - 09:32 PM, said:

Great! Now I was able to spread the (lack of love) around. Voted against Muscle, Ricers, SUVs, and Luxury -- zero interest in any of them, except insofar as there might be neat touches of the modeler's craft on them.

I own a 1:18 1948 Chrysler Town & Country because my grandfather had a few of the 1:1s. Not really a muscle car, though the straight-8 was powerful for its day. Need a category for pre-1960 American iron?

I think that if we started listed every possible category of automobiles, the list would be a mile long.  Pre 1960 American Iron is kinda vague.  Would be better to go: American Iron Pre-WWI, American Iron WWI - Pre-WWII, American Iron WWII - 1960; American Iron 1961 - 1975, Muscle Cars 1961-1975, American Aluminum Foil 1975 - 1990, American Iron 1990 - 2005, American Muscle Cars 2005 - present.  See what I mean?  Don't even start on sedans, pickups, vans, compact cars, etc...

The breakdown was pretty good, included lots of difference in dynamics.  

Not to split hairs, but how can someone select what they like least when they select more than one?  Which one is the one they like least???

Posted Image
Sean

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#19 OFFLINE   giamino

giamino

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,720 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: my
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:kyosho, maisto, bbr

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:38 PM

Yea. I actually think that multiple choice won't tell us which is the LEAST favourite. I mean if I can pick multiple, it would be luxury cars, SUVs and muscle cars but there are cars that I like in each of the category. So in the end, I ended up with SUV's because...out of the three, I care least for SUVs.

#20 Guest_mac47_*

Guest_mac47_*

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:08 AM

View PostDucati-900SS, on 28 November 2010 - 10:02 PM, said:

Not to split hairs, but how can someone select what they like least when they select more than one?  Which one is the one they like least???

Sean, if I have 100% aversion toward three different categories, then I like them all "least". They're tied for last in my affections, and I would never buy a model of any of them. But of course, the poll's construction is always going to influence results. Justin was just irked that "Muscle cars" and "Mustangs" did so poorly in the other poll, so he constructed this one to disprove its results.

Of course SUVs will lose. There's a reason why there are so few diecasts made of them.

I think it's interesting that Amalgam, BBR, MR Models, and other really expensive modelers all make supercars and little else. Who makes $500 models of Chevelles and El Caminos? I wonder why...

#21 OFFLINE   mox

mox

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:05 AM

View Postmac47, on 29 November 2010 - 05:08 AM, said:

I think it's interesting that Amalgam, BBR, MR Models, and other really expensive modelers all make supercars and little else. Who makes $500 models of Chevelles and El Caminos? I wonder why...
Matt, I think it's safe to say demographics and what alternatives are available have more to do with that than popularity. When you're talking about a limited run of a few thousand pieces, the hard part isn't finding that many people who want the model, it's finding that many who are willing to spend $500 for one. I can sort of understand a collector who says "Well, it costs three times as much as I usually pay, but it's twice as good, so maybe I'll buy one". On the other hand, a guy who says "Well, it costs ten times as much as I usually pay, but it's twice as good, so maybe I'll buy one"? Hmmm...

I guess some of us are just blessed that we're car fans as opposed to supercar fans. We don't have to spend insane money for models we have to have because if the model isn't worth the price, there's always another one out there that is. And we don't have to go on crusades to try to convince everyone that anything we don't like is crap, and anyone who collects the crap is wrong, and even though they're getting much better value when they buy that crap, it's not really better value because what they're buying is crap and always will be. Sorry, but I'm just getting really tired of this "supercars are all that matter" BS.

John
Posted Image

Driving an automatic and thinking you're a skilled driver is like playing Guitar Hero and thinking you can play guitar.

Serious collectors don't buy budget models? Hahahaha...that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

#22 ONLINE   acisne

acisne

Silver Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 15,920 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:39 AM

View Postmac47, on 29 November 2010 - 05:08 AM, said:

Sean, if I have 100% aversion toward three different categories, then I like them all "least". They're tied for last in my affections, and I would never buy a model of any of them. But of course, the poll's construction is always going to influence results. Justin was just irked that "Muscle cars" and "Mustangs" did so poorly in the other poll, so he constructed this one to disprove its results.

Of course SUVs will lose. There's a reason why there are so few diecasts made of them.

The definition of "popular" must greatly differ when taught at Ivy-league institutions than State Colleges!   :wavetowel2:
25 $500 models makes a diecast "popular"   :10: Highway 61 has made 46 versions  of the '69 Camaro (many are open runs) and Ertl/Johnny Lightning made over 110 versions of theirs, some being 1/20,000 releases. To finish out the Camaros, there are 53 versions of the '67s and 77 versions of the '68!
There are 87 different releases of the 1970 Chevelle, 153 releases of the '70/71 Cuda, 113 releases of the '70/'71 Challenger...there are 216 releases of the '64.5-'66 Mustang...

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

#23 OFFLINE   twenty3

twenty3

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Photography, tennis and Gran Turismo
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho, AutoArt

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:32 AM

Posted Image  

My least favorite is SUV and 2nd to last are the Tuners.

#24 OFFLINE   Gavin

Gavin

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 7,373 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

SUV's here...I have a few in my collection, but haven't added one for probably 4 years & don't plan on adding anymore.  I'd like to sell the ones I have at some point.

Posted Image

#25 OFFLINE   Cuda Jeff

Cuda Jeff

Bronze Member

• DX Community
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,824 posts
  • Interests:Movie & TV vehicles, Police cars
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Hot Wheels Cult Classics

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 28 November 2010 - 09:23 PM, said:

Okay, done! If you want to revote, just delete your vote and try again.

Thanks for the multiple choice. Posted Image

For me, I voted "Japanese tuner" and "Racers"
Click my banner to see my entire 1/18 collection

***** THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 240,000+ VIEWS *****

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use